Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
The solid-form Source Naturals Skin Eternal has worked best for me so far, but I also take Jarrow BioSil in liquid form. So now that I think about it, I'm not sure which is doing the trick. It's probably some combination of both, and my lip pump. Today is my last day of "conditioning" (with the lip pump), so tomorrow I move on to the week-long intermediate phase. I'm so excited! Cool

Red, I've been using the Source Naturals Skin Eternal HA - SN is a very good brand of supplement. I'm going to try the Hydraplenish as Nature's Way is also good, and I think the powder form will be more digestable and maybe provide better results for me. Question If the store I go to has the Bio Sil in liquid form, I'll grab a bottle of that, too. Smile

PLEASE keep me posted (PM me if you want to) on your lip pump progress (say THAT three times fast!) Laughing I found mine and am thinking of starting up with it again. Last time I used it, I think I was too impatient and ended up with bruising above my upper lip - NOT PRETTY! Confused And hard to cover up, especially on my fair skin. Let me know how long your results stay around with the pump. It will be interesting to see if you're getting longer plumping as you move along the program. Happy lips to you! Smile
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:12 am      Reply with quote
OMGosh! I just came across my lip pumps {yes I have 2...LOL} a few weeks back.. I was thinking of starting them up again.. I do remember a few years back I got a bit to agressive and had bruises all around.. Looked like I had been hit really bad.. Even my best friend, who knows my husband very well, and knows he would never do anything like that, questioned me.. It was that bad..

Hmmm, I wonder if I still have the directions, because I can't remember the drill...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:
The solid-form Source Naturals Skin Eternal has worked best for me so far, but I also take Jarrow BioSil in liquid form. So now that I think about it, I'm not sure which is doing the trick. It's probably some combination of both, and my lip pump. Today is my last day of "conditioning" (with the lip pump), so tomorrow I move on to the week-long intermediate phase. I'm so excited! Cool

Red, I've been using the Source Naturals Skin Eternal HA - SN is a very good brand of supplement. I'm going to try the Hydraplenish as Nature's Way is also good, and I think the powder form will be more digestable and maybe provide better results for me. Question If the store I go to has the Bio Sil in liquid form, I'll grab a bottle of that, too. Smile

PLEASE keep me posted (PM me if you want to) on your lip pump progress (say THAT three times fast!) Laughing I found mine and am thinking of starting up with it again. Last time I used it, I think I was too impatient and ended up with bruising above my upper lip - NOT PRETTY! Confused And hard to cover up, especially on my fair skin. Let me know how long your results stay around with the pump. It will be interesting to see if you're getting longer plumping as you move along the program. Happy lips to you! Smile

I will definitely keep you updated with my progress. Smile If you start using your pump, keep me updated as well, if you will.

It's easy to get excited and try to rush the process. The first time I tried conditioning, I got excited and rushed it, and I got a bit of bruising on my bottom lip, on the inside, so it wasn't visible (thank goodness!) The bruise was gone by the next day, though. But oh, my lips were in such a lovely cupid's-bow shape! I hope, I hope, I HOPE they last when my conditioning is over! And, I haven't bruised at all during my second try of conditioning.

The liquid BioSil is awesome, but it tastes kind of icky! Laughing
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
OMGosh! I just came across my lip pumps {yes I have 2...LOL} a few weeks back.. I was thinking of starting them up again.. I do remember a few years back I got a bit to agressive and had bruises all around.. Looked like I had been hit really bad.. Even my best friend, who knows my husband very well, and knows he would never do anything like that, questioned me.. It was that bad..

Hmmm, I wonder if I still have the directions, because I can't remember the drill...

Kiki, you can find the directions at www.cynthiarowland.com I *think* that's the correct URL. They say that you shouldn't feel pain when your lips are in the pump, and that it's important to keep them relaxed and to moisturize them beforehand. I've been doing that for my conditioning period, and have experienced no bruising at all. Good luck to you! Smile
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks RD.. Mine are from IGEA, I think, but I'm sure it would be the same to condition.. I had one before these, that was another brand, {it broke} and I'm sure they were the same directions..

It would be so great if, between the pump and the Hydraplenish w/MSN, we could Angelina lips.. Hey, we all have to have our dreams, don't we... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Thanks RD.. Mine are from IGEA, I think, but I'm sure it would be the same to condition.. I had one before these, that was another brand, {it broke} and I'm sure they were the same directions..

It would be so great if, between the pump and the Hydraplenish w/MSN, we could Angelina lips.. Hey, we all have to have our dreams, don't we... Laughing

From my bit of research, the pump really works. And the cool thing is, you get to choose how big you want your lips to be. My lips are not large at all, but I have made them pretty darn comparable to Angelina's! Very Happy

I can see my lips poofing up even now, in the conditioning stage, but they don't last. Which is normal. They are supposed to last longer as you go.

I think the conditioning should be the same. I got my pump from Luscious Lips, and their directions are exactly the same as Cynthia Rowland's.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Luscious Lips was my first one.. It didn't last long at all.. Of course, it couldn't have had anything to do with the user... Wink Laughing

I've never done the whole routine, then kept it up.. I want results now! Sooooooo, I forget to keep it up... Sad but true...

I loved the look I got, right after I would use it, and hated when it went away..If you got Jolie lips and are seeing more lasting resutls, maybe.... My lips aren't thin, but who wouldn't love their lips to be fuller than we got.. Obviously a lot of us, look at this thread...LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I will definitely keep you updated with my progress. Smile If you start using your pump, keep me updated as well, if you will.

It's easy to get excited and try to rush the process. The first time I tried conditioning, I got excited and rushed it, and I got a bit of bruising on my bottom lip, on the inside, so it wasn't visible (thank goodness!) The bruise was gone by the next day, though. But oh, my lips were in such a lovely cupid's-bow shape! I hope, I hope, I HOPE they last when my conditioning is over! And, I haven't bruised at all during my second try of conditioning.

Yes, I will keep you posted! And I promise to go easy during conditioning - last time I had bruising on my upper lip and even with concealor, it looked like a Hitler mustache. Sad NOT NICE! I was horrified, but knew it was my own fault!

Yeah, I had an idea that the liquid BioSil would taste nasty - most liquid supplements do unless they are flavored with something to kill the taste. Oh well, I'm an adult and I will take my medicine like a big girl! Very Happy
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Luscious Lips was my first one.. It didn't last long at all.. Of course, it couldn't have had anything to do with the user... Wink Laughing

I've never done the whole routine, then kept it up.. I want results now! Sooooooo, I forget to keep it up... Sad but true...

I loved the look I got, right after I would use it, and hated when it went away..If you got Jolie lips and are seeing more lasting resutls, maybe.... My lips aren't thin, but who wouldn't love their lips to be fuller than we got.. Obviously a lot of us, look at this thread...LOL

*chuckle* I'm eternally glad that I stumbled upon this thread. I was trying to get fuller lips, but I've learned so much more -- about hair and skin, and such.

My lips are odd. I don't think they are small, so to speak, but my mouth is smallish. In some pictures my lips look fairly full, but at other times, they look average. When I pumped them up with the pump, though -- WOW!! Shock

I know what you mean about wanting immediate results. It took everything in me to re-start the conditioning and keep it going. But now I'm used to it, so it's not so bad. ONE WEEK TO GO, BABY!! Cool
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:

Red and Kiki, Cynthia Rowland and Lucious Lips are the same thing - Cynthia developed Lucious Lips and her facial exercise tapes, which work very well. Both are sold on her website as well as her skincare (which I have never used). FYI!

Kiki, if you can't find directions for using the lip pump on Cynthia's website, let me know and I will get out my directions and PM them to you. Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:04 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Yes, I will keep you posted! And I promise to go easy during conditioning - last time I had bruising on my upper lip and even with concealor, it looked like a Hitler mustache. Sad NOT NICE! I was horrified, but knew it was my own fault!

Yeah, I had an idea that the liquid BioSil would taste nasty - most liquid supplements do unless they are flavored with something to kill the taste. Oh well, I'm an adult and I will take my medicine like a big girl! Very Happy

Laughing The Hitler moustache comment was hilarious!!

I find that it tastes better if I mix it with some Sunny Delight, or some Pom. Putting it in water...yuck!! Confused That was nasty!
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:

I find that it tastes better if I mix it with some Sunny Delight, or some Pom. Putting it in water...yuck!! Confused That was nasty!

Ohhh, I will mix it with Pom. Pom is supposed to be super good for you and its rather tangy so should pretty much hide the taste of (almost) anything! So it will be my secret concoction of good-for-me stuff! I just hope no one thinks I'm pouring bourbon into my morning juice! Laughing
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Ohhh, I will mix it with Pom. Pom is supposed to be super good for you and its rather tangy so should pretty much hide the taste of (almost) anything! So it will be my secret concoction of good-for-me stuff! I just hope no one thinks I'm pouring bourbon into my morning juice! Laughing

Laughing I myself have drawn some quizzical glances, as I squirt the stuff into my green tea at work! I told everyone that it's my magical beauty fluid!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooo, I was just thinking.. With the Hydraplenish w/MSM, a lip pump AND my Baby Q {that's sposed to encourage collagen} maybe I can have Joli lips...LOL

I'll be sure to keep a close watch to see if this does all make a good combo.. I wish I could take before and afters, but my digital camera is dead, and at the moment, no hope of replaceing it...

***If anyone would care to donate one, for the cause, let me know... Laughing Laughing Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Ooooo, I was just thinking.. With the Hydraplenish w/MSM, a lip pump AND my Baby Q {that's sposed to encourage collagen} maybe I can have Joli lips...LOL

I'll be sure to keep a close watch to see if this does all make a good combo.. I wish I could take before and afters, but my digital camera is dead, and at the moment, no hope of replaceing it...

***If anyone would care to donate one, for the cause, let me know... Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm going to start trying MSM too! I wish my Whole Foods store here in Marietta carried Source Naturals or Hydraplenish. Maybe they were just sold out the day that I was there, because they had Source Naturals everything else. Confused

I took pictures of my lips when I pumped them up that day. I think later I'll post them!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:

Red and Kiki, Cynthia Rowland and Lucious Lips are the same thing

Yes, I know they are the same... Well, once I got to the site...LOL I knew her name sounded familiar..

Thank you so much for the offer to send the directions.. I appreciate that! For some reason, when I tried to view them thru the site posted, it said the file was corrupt and not able to fix {Adobe Reader}...Grrrr So I googled, and found another site that sells the product, they had them there.. I was impressed with me, I remembered them pretty well, for not using the devise for, ohhhh, since '99, I think...LOL

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I've been using Hydraplenish, 4 capsules per day, for 4 days now and haven't seen any results yet. Sad
The transportation process (I'm from Europe) was so expensive (like 5 times more expensive than the single capsules) and the results aren't making up for it :/
I've also been drinking lots of water..
Suggestions? Sad
Blonde

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much girls for such a great info...LOL I will buy the pills tomorrow and i already order the Pump . Can not wait to try it, i injected restiline just 2 weeks a go and i will have to reinject it soon again but i think the pump and Hyaluronic acid will make result even better. I also would like to buy Baby Q and hoping for great result . Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:08 am      Reply with quote
zupidupi wrote:
Hi! I've been using Hydraplenish, 4 capsules per day, for 4 days now and haven't seen any results yet. Sad
The transportation process (I'm from Europe) was so expensive (like 5 times more expensive than the single capsules) and the results aren't making up for it :/
I've also been drinking lots of water..
Suggestions? Sad

This is probably not the best advice, but what I did was to "jump-start" the process by taking many more than the recommended dosage. I didn't experience any negative effects from it. Also, it took me about a month or so to see results, so just be patient. Smile

I am about to go and start on the intermediate stage of my lip pump -- three pulls at five seconds each. I will let you all know how it went!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Zupidupi, I've been using it for a few months, and I still haven't seen lip plumping results either. I will continue to take it, though because my joints really feel better. I think that I will eventually see the lip results. It's just that it's needed elsewhere in my body.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I must be on the right track!! Very Happy

Today I did 3 "pulls" at 5 seconds on my lip pump, and my lips poofed up right away, and actually stayed that way through my shower, which has never happened before! I guess this thing works after all. Tomorrow I start on doing 3 pulls at 10 seconds each, through Friday. Then, Saturday I can start plumping them up as much as I like! Yay!!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Lip pump update!

Yesterday I did 3 pulls at 10 seconds, and the same today. Well, my lips are still plumped, thirty minutes later!

Last night, I noticed that my lips seemed much more well-defined than usual, and that my bottom lip seemed wider. I *think* the MSM that I started taking last weekend has jumpstarted this. That, and the pump!

The only not-cool thing is, my pump seems to be losing its suction Confused I've tried to order an extra one fromwww.igia.com, but they have never sent it to me, or debited my card, for that matter. I'm going to try to find one on eBay.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Woo-hoo...still doing 3 pulls at 10 seconds each. This morning, my lips plumped up even more than yesterday, and lasted for more than half an hour, which before today has been a thing unheard-of! Still no bruising.

MermaidGirl, I would definitely recommend you break that bad-boy back out and go through the conditioning! You'll be glad you did! Very Happy
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Lip pump? Is this a device or something you just do manually with your hands?

Edit: nevermind found that contraption you're speaking of on the Igia site. Do you know how long it lasts?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Today is my 5th day of conditioning... I'm very proud of me, for taking the time to do it right....this time... Laughing

I just did my 5th treatment, and I actually see a bit more plump, than just what I've had with the HA w/MSM.. I don't expect it to last much past a minute or two, and until I'm done with conditioning and onto longer pulss, but this is sure giving me encouragement!

RD, I am so happy you brought this up, and even more happy I actually had it! Wink

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |