Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm seeing some progress with my lip pump...this Saturday I did 3 pulls at 20 seconds, and while the full pout that I achieved faded pretty fast, some extra volume remained for a few hours. Still no bruising! I really like the way my lips look after they've deflated just a tad. When I first pump them up they are HUGE. Total Angelina. But when they go down a bit, they are perfect for my face, and are in the most perfect shape! Maybe by the end of the week they will begin to stay that way for hours, because I can see them increasing every day in the size of the plump that lasts.

Happy Monday, everyone! Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Well hell, I guess I’m going to have to break down and buy one of these penile-enlargement-device looking things and start using it because I want Angelina lips, too. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had great results with my HA/collagen pills even two years on, but one’s hips can never be too thin and one’s lips can never be too full!

Well FINALLY someone said what I've been thinking since the first time I saw that thing! Laughing Laughing Laughing
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:04 am      Reply with quote
I just did my 10th conditioning treatment {5 pulls at 2 seconds, altho I think I'm still going over the 2 secs, but not so much on purpose} No bruising at all.. It's amazing how, if you follow the directions, things work...LOL The directions say 10-14 days of conditioning.. I so want to move on, to the intermediate treatments tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may go for the full 14 days... It's like, OK, I followed it this time, and took the time to do it right.. But darn it, if I have the option to advance on, 4 days sooner, why not! LOL I wonder if that 4 days will really make a difference in helping to achieve a longer lasting plump, once the conditioning period is over..

K, I just talked myself into going the 14 days.. If I didn't, and the plump maybe only lasted 4-6 hours at a time, I'd always wonder if that extra 4 days would have made a difference...

Thanks for listening to the voices in my head...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
I just did my 10th conditioning treatment {5 pulls at 2 seconds, altho I think I'm still going over the 2 secs, but not so much on purpose} No bruising at all.. It's amazing how, if you follow the directions, things work...LOL The directions say 10-14 days of conditioning.. I so want to move on, to the intermediate treatments tomorrow, but I'm thinking I may go for the full 14 days... It's like, OK, I followed it this time, and took the time to do it right.. But darn it, if I have the option to advance on, 4 days sooner, why not! LOL I wonder if that 4 days will really make a difference in helping to achieve a longer lasting plump, once the conditioning period is over..

K, I just talked myself into going the 14 days.. If I didn't, and the plump maybe only lasted 4-6 hours at a time, I'd always wonder if that extra 4 days would have made a difference...

Thanks for listening to the voices in my head...LOL

I think it's best to do the whole 14 days. I know that, with me, it's made a difference. I think you'll get better results in the long run. Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I'm beginning to get impatient Confused I wish my lips would start staying plump! This is my fourth week, and they still deflate quickly.

It's kind of ironic that I'm having a hard time changing the only physical thing about myself that I've ever wanted to change! It would be so much easier if I was satisfied with my lips and wanted to change, say, my hair color or my skin tone. Rolling Eyes

Ah well. Patience, patience. I had heard that it takes months, with some people. I hope everyone else is getting good results! Smile
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

I hadn't heard of these vits until now but they sound GREAT! I think I'll be getting some for myself when I place my next EDS order on payday -- the only bummer I can see is they don't appear to contain Biotin or MSM which are great for hair/skin/nails....

I take silica for my hair as well and that is not in the JM vitamins either. But it sure looks like they have everything else Smile I am impatient for my order to get here so I can start taking them...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Regarding the lip pump...did you notice that of all the B&A pix on that website it is the product's inventor whose lips look the best from using it? That bothers me somehow, like there's something else going on there besides mere plumping for the penile pump. Especially since Red Devil and Kiki can't seem to get the results to last for any decent period of time, at least as of their last reports. I think I'm going to hold off on buying a pump and see what they have to say in another month or two....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:31 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Regarding the lip pump...did you notice that of all the B&A pix on that website it is the product's inventor whose lips look the best from using it? That bothers me somehow, like there's something else going on there besides mere plumping for the penile pump. Especially since Red Devil and Kiki can't seem to get the results to last for any decent period of time, at least as of their last reports. I think I'm going to hold off on buying a pump and see what they have to say in another month or two....

i think that's wise.... i tried it several years ago and was very faithful. it *never* lasted, just like its penile brother (not that i've used those, but i have heard stories Laughing ). i'm still wishing the best for these gals but, for me, it was a total dud!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Hrm... Sad I'm still holding out hope that it will work, and that my lips are just stubborn, because I am seeing some improvement.

It's just heartbreaking to see how perfect they are when I pump them up, and then how they go back to normal.

I've read that (heh, that's beginning to be my favorite phrase!) one has to sort of go through a trial-and-error type thing and adjust the pump to one's personal needs. So I'm thinking that maybe I'm not doing something right. I really do think it will work eventually, though, because I can see growth.

Carekate -- I noticed the same thing! Although I must say that mine look even better than Ms. Rowland's! I will post pictures this weekend.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone here ever had permanent implants? Not that I want to go that route myself, but I am curious. I'm still hoping that this pump will work. Maybe one day, when I'm all grown up and a rich architect instead of just a young little intern architect, maybe I would get implants, but it would certainly shock the h*ll out of those who know me!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I still have hope.. Tomorrow will be my final day of conditioning.. I had no big dreams that the conditioning period would be anything more than that.. OK, OK, I was secretly wishing I'd be the exception here...LOL I do think my plump lasts longer now than when I first started..

I have found I need to use it upside down, for a better suction.. They say to do this for thinner faces.. I'm not saying I have a thin face, I think it has more to do with the shape of it... I like the plump better when I try it and can get a good suction, right side up.. It seems to pull my upper lip better.. But I'm not at all unhappy with the look, using it upside down..

My lower lip does seem to get a better, and hold the plump better and longer than my top lip, which is why I want to figure out how to get it to work well, using it right side up... That's when I get a great plump on bith lips.. I'm just going to have to spend some time, figuring out the positioning on myslef.. I haven't wanted to do that much yet, because I'm afraid I might cause some bruising..

I do believe that there is a right way and a wrong way, and we just need to figure it out for ourselves. By that I mean the right positioning of the pump, on each of our faces... As simple as this seems, I think there is a slight trick to it. It's worth it to me, to take the time, if I can my lips to plump good for quite a few hours..

I'm not giving up...yet....LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Kiki -- there must be some little trick that we're missing.

Myself, I alternate between using it rightside up and upside down. I find I get a more balanced result that way.

Oh, if only it would stay at least an hour! I wouldn't mind replumping every hour or so, because that's how often I go to the restroom anyway, with all of the water that I drink.

I'm thinking that, if my lips don't start holding the plump longer by the end of my second month of doing this, then I will recondition.

This thing IS supposed to be an exercise, and the lips are supposed to start forming extra tissue as you go along, so I still have hope that it will work.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
OK, this lip deal is quickly becoming my obsession! Which is cool, because I love having something to be intensely interested in.

Tonight I will try to do something with cinnamon leaf oil.

I *know* that there must be something topical that will make my lips swell, because it happened about four years ago at the beach.

I was out in the sun all day, with no Chapstick. That night, we went shopping, and I grabbed the cheapest lip balm I could find, and applied it.

The next morning, my lips were ENORMOUS. They didn't hurt at all, they were just swollen. They stayed that way for hours.

So I KNOW something has to work!

I'm thinking, maybe some combo of lip pump and cinnamon oil might do something.

Tonight is experimentation night! Laughing
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I did my conditioning around 11:00 or so, I think.. I can still feel a plump! Not only that, I can still see it.. Not like it is when I first do it, but there is still a bit left.. It's now about 12:45, so almost 2 hours!

With it fresh on my mind, I kinda experminted.. I figure with tomorrow being my last conditioning day, it should be OK.. So what I did was, in trying to get a good suction using it right side up, after wetting around my mouth to help with the suction, I kind of...how do I 'splain this...LOL

I held the devise, then tilted my head downword and into the mouth part, bringing my face up into it... My thinking was that maybe I could get the top lip in at a better angel, to have it pulled in more for the pull... It did work! I felt like both lips were being pulled well into it... I think I even got a better suction doing it this way.. I can't say for sure this has had something to do with a longer plump, but maybe...

I do wish it would get the sides of my mouth better, but really, after I put on, lip liner and lipstick, it looks great, and the sides look really full as well..

I've also been trying to remember to keep Vaseline on my lips when I do this.. I can't say it made a diff before, so maybe that has nothing to do with it today, but I figure it can't hurt at all, to have some sort of moisture on them while using it.. Thanks to whoever mentioned using it in a earlier psot.. I'm so sorry I don't remember who it was..

Red, as for your lips being huge after sun, that has got to be a reastion to the sun.. It's happened to me and my friends before, way back, when we would actually be outside.. I think it all has to do with dehydration.. And granted I could be very wrong, but it seems to me, this is what we were told... Wind, salt, and sun=dehydration...

Regardless, good luck, I hope I'm wrong and it works for you, and then me, when I run out and get it...LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kiki -- are you saying that you sort of bent over and "dropped" your lips into the device? I'm confruzzled. I'm glad that it seemed to work for you, and now I want to try it.

I wish the suction on my pump was better and more consistent. Maybe that's why my plump isn't lasting, although I do several pulls, like 5 or 6 at 10-15 seconds, since the suction is not...sucking. Laughing If only IGIA would send me the one I ordered...or answer their customer service line, or something... Rolling Eyes Mad
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Where is everyone buying the pump from? Please post the site!
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone ever had injections? I'm not really considering them, but I was just curious about what people who've had them thought. I wonder how long they last and if they feel weird. I'm pretty sure the implants would...

RedDevil,in your other picture (face behind the screen thread, I think) are those lips pumped or not? Just curious because I noticed you have awesome lips there, and I'm just really wondering if those are "improved" or not. If not, move over Angelina!! Very Happy
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya thatgirl,

Check outwww.cynthiarowland.com for the lip pump.

Tosca -- nope, my lips weren't pumped at all, but thank you for your compliments. Very Happy That was before I wanted to, or knew about, plumping. That's one of those pics where my lips look kind of full. In other pics, they look, well, not thin, but not exactly pouty.

As for my cinnamon leaf experiment -- it might, it might, it JUST MIGHT be working, but not in the way I anticipated. I first put a bunch of it on my lips just now after exfoliating, and I got nothing but burning and redness. No swelling.

Then I thought, maybe the oil won't plump, but maybe it will help me to KEEP a plump. So I got out the pump, and pumped my lips up, THEN put on the cinnamon leaf oil, and my plump seems to be holding!

I'm going to try to find my cord-thingy for my digital cam and post pics.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I had to take some pictures with the webcam, since I can find neither of my camera cords.

Here's one of my lips looking normal.

Here they are, right after lip pump use. Please excuse the creepiness of these photos. Hey, it's almost Halloween, right? Laughing Bad Grin

I apologize if I have scared you all to death. The full plumpness isn't really coming through in these pictures because of all the shadows
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!! Those truly are Angelina Jolie lips! I'm so impressed. I'm going to be watching your progress to see if your results start lasting longer. If the do, I'm buying one of those machines.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
They look even more enormous in full light. I'm definitely finding my camera cord this weekend so that I can post the really good pics! If my lips stayed like this for an hour, I would be the happiest person alive!

Tosca -- have you tried topical things, and do they work for you?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
No, I've never really tried anything topical other than the cheap Sally Hanson lip plumper gloss. The only other thing I've done is take the HA (which doesn't work for me because I have joint problems Sad ). It's really just recently that I've decided I might be interested in trying to plump my lips somewhat. I haven't actually taken any real steps towards it, though.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Red... OY, to try to explain this, is gonna be fun.. LOL

I held the pump chin level, maybe a little lower, almost vertically, then bent my head down, into it, placing my mouth a little lower into the opening, than I normally would.. Then as I sucked the air out, I kind of pushed the pump upward and my mouth downward, ever so slightly, and it seemed to suck my top lip in better that way... Then I lifted my head along with the pump, as per the instructions... Is that any clearer? I was trying to do it, so I could expalin it better, and was confusing myself...LOL

And, I must report that my plumping today, ended up lasting about 4 hours or so.. It did go down, but 4 hours later, I was still feeling it and seeing some.. I'll do it this way again tomorrow, and make sure to track time again... I just hope this wasn't a fluke!

My gawd girl!!!! Your lips are awesome! They're beautifuly plump normally, but even as poor as the webcam pics are, I can see what you're getting! I can't wait to see better pictures.. Be sure to find the cord and share!

***Is it odd that we sit here and drool over each other? ROFL

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Aha, Kiki, I see what you're saying. You seem to have found the little trick that works for you. Congrats on your 4-hour plump! Very Happy

I tried doing it the way you suggested. It would have worked awesomely, if my pump hadn't decided to lose its suction. Mad I find that I have to put glue into it. I also tried bending over and using gravity to press my face onto the device, which worked pretty well, too.

Methinks that my lips need more conditioning, so for the next week, I'm going to drop back to 3 ten-second pulls in the morning, and then maybe try it again during the day, since that's when I was getting some results. I think that maybe I'm being too aggressive, and that's why my lips aren't responding.

I will totally find my cord. I think it's at my mom's house, and I'll probably be going there this weekend. Happy plumping!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Interesting technique, I`m Kiki. I received my pump from Cynthia Rowland and am on my 4th day of conditioning.

Funny thing is, I believe it was mentioned by another member that their face is slim like mine, well, I have to use the device with my face toward the floor. Otherwise, I get no suction. What I`ve been doing is relaxing my lips but keep them closed, make sure I have suction, then pull for 2 or so seconds for five times total each day. I put the conditioner on them first before the plump, as well. I`m being very careful to avoid the bruising but so far, it seems to be working well. They are a bit plumped right now.

Anyway, no great expectations just yet but wanted to hop on the bandwagon of discussion so we can compare.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |