Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Who knows what's going on here.. My plump didn't last today.. Maybe an hour or 2 tops... And I was having such great success at the end of my conditioning period.. I'll keep it up, I'm not giving up either... If it did it those few times, it can {and will!} do it again!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ya I could experiment while I travel but I want to give it my full attention. I know I won't while I am gone. Plus, I would be embaressed around my husbands family if they found out what I was doing. "Oh honey, take a picture of my lips please" LOL It is really a funny thing how we are all so obsessed.

I want to know what happened to Caretake's mom(I think that is her username? The one who started this whole thread YIPPEE) Did her mom ever have any sucess? Anyone know?
Laura

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Ya I could experiment while I travel but I want to give it my full attention. I know I won't while I am gone. Plus, I would be embaressed around my husbands family if they found out what I was doing. "Oh honey, take a picture of my lips please" LOL It is really a funny thing how we are all so obsessed.

I want to know what happened to Caretake's mom(I think that is her username? The one who started this whole thread YIPPEE) Did her mom ever have any sucess? Anyone know?
Laura

I was wondering that myself, actually (whether her mom had any success with HA and everything). It sounded like she was getting results with Swelllips and CityLips -- lucky her! Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Who knows what's going on here.. My plump didn't last today.. Maybe an hour or 2 tops... And I was having such great success at the end of my conditioning period.. I'll keep it up, I'm not giving up either... If it did it those few times, it can {and will!} do it again!

I have emailed the Luscious Lips people about my pump, and they got back to me right away and suggested that I lubricate it, which I have done. No more suction problems!

I replied to their email and explained how my plump won't last, even though I've gone through conditioning and read the LL messageboards for help. I asked whether there is anything extra one can do to help the process. Hopefully they can give us some insight!

It was kind of that way with me, Kiki. At the end of conditioning, my plump lasted longer than it does now. I'm seriously thinking about reconditioning.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm on my 8th day or so of conditioning correctly...the first two days, I was mistakenly doing 2 pulls of 5 sec each. So far, results I'm seeing are more rosy-coloring that lasts all day, and a tad more fullness.

RedDevil hope you get a response from Cynthia Rowland and let us all know how to keep more of the plump!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I will definitely keep you posted! Very Happy Hopefully they will get back to me as quickly as they did before, and hopefully they will have some good tips that we can all use to make the most of this thing.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I didn't think I'd need to lubricate, because I have no problem with the sliding of it.. But, it's worth a try! I'll give it a whirl tonight, as I have the soup kitchen to go get ready for today...

I'll let 'cha know how it works out for me..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I volunteered in a soup kitchen once. It was most enjoyable! Smile

I *think* my plump lasted a bit longer than usual this morning.

I was reading through the testimonial thingies on thewww.vortexhealth.com site, and a lot of people said things like, "After several months, my lips had grown!" "I have been using it for several weeks, and now my lips are plump" etc. Not that testimonials are terribly trustworthy (alliteration, anyone? LOL!) but it gave me some encouragement as to the time frame in which to expect good results for those of us who are slow.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just getting ready to leave, and thought I'd check in real quick.. **Am I addicted or what!** Anyway, so far my plump is lasting, gone down some, not a lot tho, but it's now been almost 2 hours.. I won't be able to try to replump today, because I'm NOT taking that thing out at the kitchen...LOL I'll do my best to keep track today, to see how it goes..

That's my hope to Red, the ones who say their lips actually grew.. Hey we all have to have hope, right! LOL

BTW, I've been doing this kitchen thing for over 7 1/2 years.. It has good timers and bad, and times we all look at each other and ask why we do it, put ourselves thru the crap we get.. But we keep plugging away.. Guess we like torture... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just picturing you whipping that thing out and stirring the soup with it, while everyone looks on in horror!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I'm just picturing you whipping that thing out and stirring the soup with it, while everyone looks on in horror!

LMAO!! Laughing Thanks for that image, RedDevil...I needed some humor this afternoon!

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:

Oh good gawd Red! I was having lunch and you just made me blow milk out my nose! That's hysterical! Laughing Laughing Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
I didn't think I'd need to lubricate, because I have no problem with the sliding of it.. But, it's worth a try!

Ok, so I'm reading this thread and go out to the kitchen to get something to eat. Come back and read Kiki's post. Start to wonder "just what have I stumbled upon"? I didn't know EDS had THAT type of content on it! Shock Hee hee! Laughing Context is key here!

This thread is getting really funny!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
*laughing hysterically* I didn't even think of that way!!!! Mmm, lubrication...sliding...eek! Bad Grin

Of course, "whipping that thing out and stirring the soup with it" could also be taken the wrong way, now that I think about it! Laughing
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
Of course, "whipping that thing out and stirring the soup with it" could also be taken the wrong way, now that I think about it! Laughing

Yes, yes it could! I only hope people new to the forum read these threads from the top down - I usually read updates from the bottom up (so the context is a bit wonky) and if I were a new person, I'd start to wonder about us!

Maybe its just that my mind's in the gutter?! Embarassed
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red Devil wrote:

Yes, yes it could! I only hope people new to the forum read these threads from the top down - I usually read updates from the bottom up (so the context is a bit wonky) and if I were a new person, I'd start to wonder about us!

Maybe its just that my mind's in the gutter?! Embarassed

If your mind is in the gutter, so is mine... Laughing This thread is cracking me up today!

Mary Very Happy

P.S. I love that word "wonky"... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
If your mind is in the gutter, so is mine... Laughing This thread is cracking me up today!

Mary Very Happy

Well you know what they say ... great minds think alike! Laughing

Yes, I love "wonky" too - my English friend says it all the time and its such a nice way to put things (instead of saying bad words!) and so fitting as well!
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Mary H. wrote:

Mary Very Happy

Well you know what they say ... great minds think alike! Laughing

Yes, I love "wonky" too - my English friend says it all the time and its such a nice way to put things (instead of saying bad words!) and so fitting as well!

That IS a great word...LaughingI'm borrowing it for the times when swearing like a sailor isn't appropriate! I mean, not that a swear word EVER crosses my lips... Bad Grin

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
******Public service announcement...

***Please anyone just coming to this thread, read from the beginning.... Laughing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK people! Here I've been out helping the less fortunate ALL day, and I come back to this... Laughing Laughing Who said you could have fun without me? Hmmmm? Wink

Reporting for roll call in the gutter mind line, MA'AM! I admit, every comment made {after my departure} gave me the very same thoughts y'all had... Very Happy Shock I'm sad I missed the fun...

MermaidGirl.. I thought I was the only one who said wonky....LOL Seriously, I've said that forever.. Not in place of swear words tho, but when things are just not right, KWIM?

Funny thing, we don't serve soup, but spaghetti, corn and green beans, every week.. Then whatever else we come up with.. LOTS of rice and beans lately.. Hmmmm, I wonder how far you could shoot rice and beans outta the plumper? Cool

UPDATE...
Today wasn't as bad as yesterday.. I think the plump lastest about 4 hours or so.. So, not to bad at all..

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:11 am      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Hmmmm, I wonder how far you could shoot rice and beans outta the plumper?

coffee officially spit out all over keyboard. will be cleaning up for hours.... have you been going to *those* clubs again on your way back from the soup kitchen??? Shame on you
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote
*giggle* Laughing Bad Grin Ohhh boy.

Yes, "wonky" is a great word! I think I first heard it in a Harry Potter movie. (Can't WAIT for the new one!!) I am something of an Anglophile...love Manchester United, hence the screen name!

Kiki, I wish I could have your luck! 4 hours...sigh...I can only dream. No change here since yesterday. Crying or Very sad
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yay...the lip pump people emailed me back and said that they are looking into what more I can do to get my plump to last. Very Happy
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:

I hadn't heard of these vits until now but they sound GREAT! I think I'll be getting some for myself when I place my next EDS order on payday -- the only bummer I can see is they don't appear to contain Biotin or MSM which are great for hair/skin/nails....

I just got the C-Estamins in the mail and according to the label they do contain Biotin 200 mcg. I guess that online ingredient list wasn't quite correct. Still no MSM or Silica though. Here is the ingredient list from the label:

Vitamin A (as acetate) 5000 IU
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 500 mg
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 200 IU
Vitamin B-1 (as thiamine mononitrate) 15 mg
Vitamin B-2 (as riboflavin) 10 mg
Vitamin B-3 (as niacinamide) 50 mg
Vitamin B-6 (from pyridoxine hydrochlorate) 10 mg
Folic Acid 400 mcg
Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 10 mcg
Biotin 200 mcg
Vitamin B-5 (as d-calcium pantothenate) 25 mg
Calcium (as calcium phosphate) 445 mg
Zinc (as zinc picolinate) 2 mg
Selenium (as sodium selenite) 50 mcg
Bio-Cell Collagen II 2000 mg: Hydrolyzed Collagen type II 1200 mg, Chondroitin Sulfate 400 mg, Hyaluronic Acid 200 mg
Grape Seed Extract 15.79 mg: 15 mg proanthocyanidins
Ascorbyl Palmitate 250 mg
Carotenoids Complex 5 mg
Evening Primrose Oil 67.5 mg
CoEnzyme Q10 30 mg
Idebenone 10 mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid 50 mg
Glucosamine Sulfate 100 mg

I took my first packet today so we shall see what happens! Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Those supplements sound yummy. Maybe I'll try those out, now that I'm out of Skin Eternal.

I've decided to take a less "aggressive" approach with my lip pump. Maybe, just maybe I'm being too forceful, so I'm going to take it easy for the rest of this week. Rolling Eyes

The lip pump people emailed me back again, asking me my age. I seriously doubt that my age has anything to do with my plump not lasting...
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil, actually age might have something to do with it. In general younger skin is naturally moister, more collagen-rich, and has higher new-cell turnover than older skin. However as with everything else, that too varies person to person and will depend on the climate where you live, your health habits (exercise good, smoking bad), medical history and medications used, hydration, diet, supplements, medical history, skincare history, genetics, etc etc etc.
So I think they're asking for your age to get a more complete picture of your situation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |