Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Ahh -- you're probably right, Chocolat.

(Every time I see your name, I want CHOCOLATE!!) Laughing

I have good, soft, not-dry, not-oily skin, I don't smoke, I drink about ten glasses of water a day, and most people think I'm a teenager. I like in a temperate climate (Georgia). You would think that the pump would work! Confused
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
RedDevil, it's dark dark chocolate only for me...no candy-coating, no nuts & nougat type bar, just plain but good, dark chocolate (at least 66%). Scharffen-Berger, Callebaut, El Rey, Guittard, Valhrona, Dagoba, music to my ears! (for sugar-free: YC Chocolate, dark, is pretty good...at Whole Foods). A few years back I made organic vegan truffles for a local restaurant which started my exploration of the chocolate world beyond semi-sweet. And hey -- it's anti-oxidant!

Plus, I love the movie by that name. Johnny Depp and dark chocolate. Heaven!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I ordered some source naturals hyaluronic from iherb, and got hooked into buying a couple of other things too... only to find, on delivery a tax of £15 payable... very disapointed I cant really use iHerb because of this. ( I'm in the UK) - it makes it tooo expensive, with the shipping and all.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I was drooling throughout that whole movie (Chocolat) -- not over Johnny Depp, but over the chocolate! I really wanted the chocolate seashells. I have heard that dark chocolate is much better for you than other types.

I LOVE the chocolate at Whole Foods -- the brand whose profits go to endangered species. The milk chocolate with cherries is sooo awesome!

*waltzes over to freezer for another Reese's Cup*

Catski -- that's too bad about you not being able to use iHerb. They are so inexpensive, and shipping to me is only just over $1. But now I have discovered that my Whole Foods does indeed carry Skin Eternal. I was just looking in the wrong place before. Laughing
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Almost unbelievably, I found some HA at Big Lots. Yes, Big Lots. $5/30 caps/20 mg. HA per. No collagen, but I'm already taking Hydraplenish, so I'm getting the collagen there. The Big Lots HA is a supplement to my Hydraplenish supplement Very Happy . At my age, I could use an IV drip of HA, and it wouldn't be enough Laughing .
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
... it's dark dark chocolate only for me... it's anti-oxidant!

Plus, I love the movie by that name. Johnny Depp and dark chocolate. Heaven!

How about Johnny Depp IN dark chocolate? Now THAT would be heaven! Yummy! Laughing
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I must say -- most interesting mental images there!

You all need to stop with the chocolate -- you're making me eat more peanut butter cups!! Laughing
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, Johnny in a big tub of melted dark chocolate. Absolutely delish! & well worth the calories.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Update!

The pump peeps ( Laughing I crack myself up) emailed me back and said that I'm very young, and that the pump usually works well for people at my age. She said that, in many cases, some people have to use it for a couple of months in order for the plump to stay. And the fact that I'm getting my lips to plump up easily is a good sign (it only takes me 1 pull of 15 seconds to get a good pout). So, after diligent use, my lips will get the hang of the extra fluid. So that's pretty encouraging! Cool
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:27 am      Reply with quote
RedDevil, thanks for the info. Since I'm not very young by anyone's estimate, I think I'm going to take it even slower w/ the conditioning. I'm at 10 days of the correct way, 5 pulls @ 2 sec each, I've upped that to 3x a day. No bruising, slight plump that lasts more than an hour, nice rosy-ness. After maybe another few days of this I'll increase it to 5-sec pulls instead of going on to 10-sec pulls, and see how that goes.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi, ladies! Just wanted to give an update, as well. I am still in the conditioning phase (on about day 8 or 9 but can't remember exactly) and I do six 2-second pulls each day (3 with TOP up and 3 with TOP down for even pouts). So far, I have had no issues with bruising at all and have added a few pulls of the same time frame later in the day to test.

I have a fairly decent pout right now from my morning pull. It probably is helping that I use CP Serum each PM and DMAE 2x/day - also on my lips. Seems this is really building the collagen up. I've been doing the CP for awhile and started the DMAE about 2 weeks ago. Normally, I also take 2 HA caps each PM and also a lengthy supplement list in the AM (including L-Glutamine, MSM and Silica Gel mixed w/juice).

So, keep at it and perhaps add some collagen builders into the mix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
RedDevil, thanks for the info. Since I'm not very young by anyone's estimate, I think I'm going to take it even slower w/ the conditioning. I'm at 10 days of the correct way, 5 pulls @ 2 sec each, I've upped that to 3x a day. No bruising, slight plump that lasts more than an hour, nice rosy-ness. After maybe another few days of this I'll increase it to 5-sec pulls instead of going on to 10-sec pulls, and see how that goes.

Chocolat, are you doing three sessions of five 2-second pulls? Just wondering because I've been trying two sessions each day with no problems and the same results as you. I'm 40 and at about day 8 or 9 of conditioning.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I also take liquid silicon (BioSil) and HA with BioCell II collagen. It hasn't had much effect, unfortunately, but I am only about halfway through the bottle of BioSil. I'm think I'm going to start trying the CP serum. Scalawaggirl, could you tell me more about your DMAE? Might have to start that too! Very Happy I take MSM, but not L-Glutamine.

I'm really leaning towards trying LipFusion XL again...

Aaaand...can you get DMAE over-the-counter?
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
OK, I wrote my routine wrong! I'm actually doing what Scalawaggirl is (hi there! Just saw your wedding pics & posted there! I'm the one who wrote I have the same facial shape as you).

Each time I do 3 pulls with "top" side up (pulls at my upper lip) and 3 pulls with the pump reversed (pulls at my lower lip). So that's 6 pulls, 2-3 sec each, 3x a day. And, also using the regular CP serum at night on my lips, followed by HA serum and then emu oil. (I also put HA on after each of my lip pump sessions.) I take an HA tablet at night (can't remember the brand though) & MSM among many other supplements. I don't use DMAE on my lips, I use 4% (amine not barbitrate) around my eyes and on my eyelids.

RedDevil, if you mean DMAE in supplement form you can find it lots of places online or if there's a Whole Foods or Vitamin Shoppe near you, they have it. WF & VS also carry DMAE serum. I don't use it as a supplement, just topically.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Sweet! I will so totally be swinging by my Whole Foods later. Might as well pick up some HA serum, too. Every little bit helps, I guess! To quote 311 -- gotta "brave on with experimentation"...
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
RedDevil--one thing about DMAE serums, many of the more commonly found ones don't cite the percentage of DMAE (could be as low as 1%), or type. The studies done on DMAE's tightening/firming effects were done at 3%, the DMAE-amine, not barbitrate. I'm using a sample I got from smartskincare.biz of 4% amine, and I do like it. Just FYI ... Smile
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Chocolat! Smile Do you think that the kind at Whole Foods cites their percentage?

And, if DMAE is used for tightening/firming...isn't there a possibility that the lips could get tighter, and therefore smaller? Confused
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Y'know I don't think I've seen ingredient percentages on hardly any skincare item at Whole Foods. My 'guess' is, it'd be in the 1-2% range. I'd go for the 4% if you want to give it a fair shake at firming. If you want to DIY it, you could buy DMAE amine powder fromwww.gardenofwiscom.com and use it at 4% in a base of aloe vera juice and add some HA to it. (Just a thought...I've been DIY'ing quite a bit lately.) www.perfectcomplexion.com also has a DMAE/HA blend serum; can't recall the DMAE %age but I just got some and will probably bump it up a bit. The 4% DMAE from skincarecentral.biz is very nice. I also found a thread here that listed a 4% and 6% DMAE from www.candessence.com/SkinCare.html

Sorry if this is too-much-information!

And I had the same thought as you about using it on the lips! however, if someone wanted to firm up the area around the lips, then using it there makes more sense to me.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the clarification, Chocolat! That makes a lot of sense. I will add another session to my daily routine as it's going well so far.

Red, the DMAE I use is from here and it is the amine form, which I prefer: http://www.skincarecentral.biz/DMAE-4.html

I really like it so far. The smell is minimal and I do notice a tightening effect. Too funny re: your last question because I had the same reaction when I first heard about using it on the lips. Smile Doesn't tighten them at all, actually, which is weird, I admit.

Oh, and I do take DMAE internally, as well. So, it's topical AND inside...much like my Vitamin C serums and internal anti-oxidants!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, scalawaggirl and Chocolat, for the info! I think I will order CP and DMAE serum online next week, rather than doing the Whole Foods thing.

My lips have stayed plump this entire past hour! How, you ask? Because I have replumped them every few minutes or so. Maybe if I keep replumping, they will stay that way.

I have also been rubbing Lip Injection Xtreme and cinnamon leaf oil into them. Owww. Confused
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:12 am      Reply with quote
oooh, I started taking the HA supplements yesterday and I keep feeling my lips and they seem bigger!!

I ordered the lipfusionX today too. I will be puckering up nicely at christmas parties this year.probably clip some mistletoe to my head.

Cool
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well for the first time this morning, doing my regular routine, I held maybe 3 second instead of 2(and did an extra one to make 7), and I had numb lips afterwards, like they'd gone to sleep. I was almost afraid to look in a mirror thinking I'd look freaky or something, but they really didn't look any different than the previous times, just slightly plumper like they usually do. Does everyone else get numb? It wasn't all that disturbing but I'm wondering why it happened now and not before.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Mine haven't really felt tingly or numb, but I have heard other people say that it's happened to them, so I don't think it's anything to worry about. Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Okay, here's today's update. Decided to post this pic because I've been noticing that I am both keeping a plump and have one when I wake up. So far, I have been using:

HA caps at night for about 3-4 months
CPs applied topically for about 3 months
DMAE applied topically for about 3 weeks
DMAE cap once per day for about 3 months

No topical lip plumpers, however at this point. I also am about done w/the conditioning stage of the Luscious Lips Lip Plumper and do:

3 sessions per day of 2 seconds each pull x 6 (top up for 3, down for 3)

Here's a today pic (on right) compared with a before (of DMAE topical and Luscious Lips). Notice the pillow-like poofiness (ha) and general plumpness. I am not pouting at all in this pic. My lips are relaxed. No makeup again as it's a Saturday!

5% products discount

Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Very Nice!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |