Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Laura168 wrote:
Hi Red devil,
No I did not buy the cream with the pump. I read on the lusious lips forum that some people just use vaseline. And drink a lot of water. (We know water is good for plump lips anyway)

I have two questions: After you pull the pump out while your lips are air tight and hold for seconds...do you leave your lips in the pump air tight while bringing the pump back?

And other question...after I am finished with one pull then do I wait throughout the day for the next? Or do I pull two seconds five times one after another?

Yes, I tend to leave my lips in the pump when I bring it back, because then it's easier to do the next pull if my lips are already in there. Occasionally I don't get the best suction (since I've lost weight, my face has slimmed down also) so once I've got it, I try to keep it by leaving my lips in there.

I'm pretty sure you should do all five pulls at once. And, doing all five pulls at the same time each day is probably a good idea -- like if you do them in the morning, then you should always do them in the morning, that way maybe your lips will get conditioned better. Smile

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm...I was just re-reading some of this thread, and I wonder whether I'm Kiki, MermaidGirl, Chocolat, and scallawaggirl are still using their pumps, and what progress they're making? Razz My lips still seem to be growing more and more, so I'm still pretty happy with the pump!

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Red Devil! Glad to see you are still at it. I stopped using mine in March when I had the weirdest rash/itching/congestion/breakout happening all around my chin area, and I didn't want to further irritate or compress things by using the lip pump. Before that though, from Oct-March, I'd used it regularly 2-3 times a day and was really liking the effect. The plump did last longer as time went on, but the longest I got was maybe an hour or so, and there didn't seem to be more actual lip volume (collagen) per se, just the suction effect lasting longer. This is going to sound weird, but, when I put a drop of tamarind seed extract (www.theherbarie.com) mixed with a pinch of fish collagen powder (www.federalabs.com) on post-pump, then a coat of vegetable glycerine then dried it briefly with my hairdrier, it lasted the longest. Stinky initially, but effective.

So I have to start again, with the conditioning 2-second pulls. My chin's finally calmed down (yeah for neem oil!) and this was a good reminder that I can use it again.

BTW I think Scallawagirl's left EDS, she posted that last week, due to some EDS kerfuffle I'm not aware of -- but I'll miss her. She and I were on the same page about a lot of things and she often was one step ahead of something I was planning to do!
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I got a little bit of bruising today. I look kind of like I have five o clock shawdow around my lips. Yuck. Thank God for make up or it would look ten times worse.

I used the pump by the directions. Maybe I pulled too far today. Should I stop for a day? Any suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Laura, I've gotten small purplish bruises on either lip, on occasion, and also tiny red dots (petechiae, from too much suction) around the edges at times, if I'm too enthusiastic. I wouldn't pull so hard for now...you'll get to realize by feel when "hard" means "too hard." It takes a little trial & error.
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Chocolat, I used it upside down because it seems right side up I didn't get suction.
I will try right side up again and press it against my face tighter. It leaves the impression on my cheeks. Ha ha. It takes a bit to go away.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Laura! I hope your bruises have gone away by now. Bruises = no fun!

I've been using LipTox every night for the past three weeks, and I think it might be doing something -- giving the pump a little extra kick -- because my lips are plumper than ever! I was getting my hair cut yesterday, and I was amazed at my reflection, and my plump lips staring back at me. My lips have been chapped since Friday, so I haven't been using my pump as much, but it LOOKS like I've been using it constantly. Yay! Very Happy

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Laura,
I do mine 3 pumps right-side-up, which mainly pulls the upper lip, and 3 pumps right-side down which mainly pulls the lower lip...I have a narrow face and find that's the only way to target both lips. I find it helps too, to moisten my lips and the lip area of the pump with some water, that gives a better suction. Sometimes bending over from the waist helps, too. The things we girls do!!

Red Devil, never heard of LipTox before, I'm off to Google it!
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Amazing I have a second to get on the computer. I am too darn busy!!! I am glad to hear about your plump lips Red devil. Yipeeee!!

I have not heard of lip tox either??? I must know of this! Ha

Bruises are gone. I am still using the pump, just not as hard. And I am using it right side up again. I don't notice any difference yet. I know I will though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Laura, it probably took me 2-1/2 months of consistent use (3x a day, 20-30 second pulls, I think) that would last longer than 1/2 an hour. So it does work but you have to keep doing it. I Googled the LipTox and it mainly seems to have some peptides, collagen, sterol and oils. I already have that stuff so I'll skip it. Oh, and MaxiLip--I found a lipgloss in the Prestige line called BeautiFull that has MaxiLip, and I really do like it, I get a slight plump. If you do DIY lip stuff you can get Maxilip from www.thepersonalformulator.com -- it's very pricey.
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi chocolat, I am in the conditioning phase so I am only using 2 second 5 pulls. I am soooo eager for next week. After that I will be able to have longer pulls. I am excited.

I am still using my usual wexler lip plump gloss but it plumps just slightly for about 30 min. or so. Nothing drastic. I just use it all day long.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Laura, it probably took me 2-1/2 months of consistent use (3x a day, 20-30 second pulls, I think) that would last longer than 1/2 an hour. So it does work but you have to keep doing it. I Googled the LipTox and it mainly seems to have some peptides, collagen, sterol and oils. I already have that stuff so I'll skip it. Oh, and MaxiLip--I found a lipgloss in the Prestige line called BeautiFull that has MaxiLip, and I really do like it, I get a slight plump. If you do DIY lip stuff you can get Maxilip from www.thepersonalformulator.com -- it's very pricey.

Peptides, eh?? Maybe that's why it seems to work on me as I continue to use it! I haven't tried peptides before, so apparently my lips respond to them. Very Happy

I just wish my lips would stop peeling -- it's kinda painful, but I'm happy that they're growing!

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Laura - in my previous post, I meant to say that it took me probably 2-1/2 months before I would see plumping results that would last more than 30-40 minutes. (for some reason I couldn't edit my post). Have you also considered adding hyaluronic acid supplementation? That does seem to boost the plump for me, though, I still have to use the pump.
RedDevil, I try to remember to put either Matrixyl-3000 or some kind of CP on my lips at night. For your peelies, a coating of vegetable glycerin (sticky but effective) for hydration might help.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Laura - in my previous post, I meant to say that it took me probably 2-1/2 months before I would see plumping results that would last more than 30-40 minutes. (for some reason I couldn't edit my post). Have you also considered adding hyaluronic acid supplementation? That does seem to boost the plump for me, though, I still have to use the pump.
RedDevil, I try to remember to put either Matrixyl-3000 or some kind of CP on my lips at night. For your peelies, a coating of vegetable glycerin (sticky but effective) for hydration might help.

I shall have to try that -- thanks, Chocolat! Where might I get my hands on some vegetable glycerin?

The peeling has stopped as of today, and now I'm left with plump, smooth, red lips. I know that they will peel again, though, when they start another "growth spurt".

Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Whole Foods or a store like a Vitamin Shoppe should have some in their skincare section. If you were willing to wait a few days (you're in TX right?) or couldn't find any, I could send you some from my bottle, I have 16oz which I've barely even dented. If you'd like me to do that PM me your address.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Whole Foods or a store like a Vitamin Shoppe should have some in their skincare section. If you were willing to wait a few days (you're in TX right?) or couldn't find any, I could send you some from my bottle, I have 16oz which I've barely even dented. If you'd like me to do that PM me your address.

Very Happy I appreciate it! I'm in California right now, and will be back in Georgia next Monday, and I have no idea what the address is here, heehee. I don't think I need it anymore, as my lips have stopped peeling and are oh-so-plump. But thank you anyway!

I am still loving the LipTox! I think I might get some straight-up copper peptides and try them out.

Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Hey guys, I still haven't noticed much of a plump yet. (I know that is normal at the stage I am at) BUT I do notice that my lips are soooo much more pink. Almost red. Like they were when I was younger. It is nice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Mine get more red too, which definitely helps with the appearance of plumpness. Cool The whole bee-stung thing.

Mine stay fairly plump all day now, even without using the pump several times.

thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been able to read most of the middle 20 or so posts in this thread....but have most of the others (little ppl seem to always need something Rolling Eyes when I'm on the computer). I went right out and bought some HA at the Drug Mart 20mg 60 pills for $4.99 (yippie!) and promptly misplaced them after only two days. Yesterday I bought some more and noticed that they well gel caps so decided to cut one open. Is HA naturally a gel-ish substance? Anyway, I had been expecting a liquid but since it was a gel with some tiny grit-ish pieces to it I thought I would try exfoliating my lips with it and then using a "stinger" type lip plumper that I had not had any success with that I had picked up at day spa some months back.

What a surprise! As I massaged the HA out of the capsule onto my lips the "grit" dissolved and when it was all dissolved a patted the rest into my lips and one of my children needed my attention for a minute so I left the mirror...when I returned my lips were SIGNIFICATLY larger!!! I couldn't believe it!
I tried the limp plumper after that, which tingled more than I remembered it doing the last time I tried it so maybe the "grit" did exfoliate my lips somewhat before it dissolved...but it did seem to work for the first time and also made my lips a lovely blushed color. Very Happy

Of course this morning my lips were back to normal....but...they were quite large (for me anyway) for several hours at least so I cannot wait to try this again.

Has anyone else tried or experienced anything like this? I plan to get back on taking these orally as well to see what that does. I have Fibromyalgia as well as a couple of bad disks in my back so I figure it can't hurt right? Very Happy
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
thestepfordwife wrote:
I haven't been able to read most of the middle 20 or so posts in this thread....but have most of the others (little ppl seem to always need something Rolling Eyes when I'm on the computer). I went right out and bought some HA at the Drug Mart 20mg 60 pills for $4.99 (yippie!) and promptly misplaced them after only two days. Yesterday I bought some more and noticed that they well gel caps so decided to cut one open. Is HA naturally a gel-ish substance? Anyway, I had been expecting a liquid but since it was a gel with some tiny grit-ish pieces to it I thought I would try exfoliating my lips with it and then using a "stinger" type lip plumper that I had not had any success with that I had picked up at day spa some months back.

What a surprise! As I massaged the HA out of the capsule onto my lips the "grit" dissolved and when it was all dissolved a patted the rest into my lips and one of my children needed my attention for a minute so I left the mirror...when I returned my lips were SIGNIFICATLY larger!!! I couldn't believe it!
I tried the limp plumper after that, which tingled more than I remembered it doing the last time I tried it so maybe the "grit" did exfoliate my lips somewhat before it dissolved...but it did seem to work for the first time and also made my lips a lovely blushed color. Very Happy

Of course this morning my lips were back to normal....but...they were quite large (for me anyway) for several hours at least so I cannot wait to try this again.

Has anyone else tried or experienced anything like this? I plan to get back on taking these orally as well to see what that does. I have Fibromyalgia as well as a couple of bad disks in my back so I figure it can't hurt right? Very Happy

Oh wow!! I will have to try this. In my Rexall HA, the substance is not gel-like, but it's a fine, silty, powdery type of substance. What brand of HA did you use?

thestepfordwife
5% products discount

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Red Devil!

It was just the generic store brand for the Drug Mart. I have done this several times since with good (albeit temporary results) not something I have the time for every day...but will be part of my routine before any social gathering from here on out!

I'm fair (mom is mostly german with a touch of irish and a dash of native american)...but have strong features (daddy was mostly native american with a dash of english, a dab of scott, and a pinch of african american)...so with my high prominent cheekbones and square-ish face my thin-ish (if well shaped) lips can use any improvement they can get!!! The more I learn the more it seems genetics play such a large part in ageing process...so I am keeping my fingers crossed that my hair will just go from my natural dishwater blond to white like my mom and that I continue to hold off the large wrinkles like she has. So interesting to see my children grow into themselves too...my husband is 100 percent italian and my son has my fair complexion and face shape, and his fathers full lips and five inch long eyelashes (don't the boys always get them?! Mad ) and my daughter has my hubby's olive skin and face shape with my thin lips and eyes! Laughing

I think I will try and pick up some HA from one of these sites I keep reading about in this forum where you can order supplies for making your own cosmetics and see what that does. It's worth a try Very Happy
caitlinn

Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Carekate, Im new here and unsure how else to get the answer, i read you were making a lash enhancer and im wondering if its for sale yet?
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Caitlinn...I'm unsure why you posted a question to CareKate about her eyelash product on this thread, this is a Lip Plumper thread and I don't recall reading her post on it. You might want to PM her instead.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
OK ladies you're gonna think I'm nuts, but here's what I'm trying now! I bought a Dermaroller for my skin but I'm also using it on my lips, then putting CP's on afterwards. (my reasoning was, if some lip-augmentation injections work by causing collagen to form in reaction, wouldn't needling do something similar, even thought I'm not 'injecting' a substance?)

I went to my derm this week (for another cyst, damned thing!) and brought up the lip injectables issue again. He has a new skincare spa attached to his practice that is mainly Obagi, lasers, specialty treatments, injectables, etc. He told me that he personally wouldn't add anything to my lips. Nice to hear, but I still have that AJ lip envy ... well, not that big, but I'd like a little fuller. His spa offers Restylane (Juvederm is actually the preferred temporary injectable, so I've heard) but I've heard that can tend to produce lumps. I haven't used the lip pump for weeks again because my chin has been so irritated for a few months, and the pump really compresses and pulls at the skin there. Now that it's healing (wishful thinking, but I hope it's healing) I'll be able to start it again, and maybe w/ the Dermaroller something will last longer!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat,

I don't think you're crazy. When I use my dermaroller (short needles), I go over my lips slightly.

The thing that I did at first by accident and now on purpose that seems to make a difference in my lip color and also a bit in size: putting NCN Pumpkin Peel on for a bit. Now, of course, this is not a "recommended use" but it has not irritated my lips and really makes a noticeable difference.

I think learning to exfoliate my lips, 1st from Kandis of Lips2Kiss, and now continuing it is the best thing I learned recently for my lips!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |