Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

I'm 28 and my skin is freaking out on me! What is going on?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
naturalisbetter

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
For the most part I've always had good skin, but lately it's been breaking out like crazy, in almost like a rash with patches of red bumps. Also, I get red blotchy spots, especially when I sweat or get over heated, and even though my face is constantly oily, I'm still experiencing premature lines under my eyes, on my forehead, and around the mouth (I attribute a lot of this to my facial expressions).

Here is some quick background on my routine. I'm obsessive about sunblock and sun glasses, I've been slathering it on since I was 18. I think this makes me oily and break out, but what am I supposed to do? I own a babyquasar red and blue and use them regularly. I'm currently using proactive for my acne (since I had it on hand). Daily I use a a light serum, a heavy eye creme, and at night I've been trying to attack my fine lines with either Roc, or Tazorac. After doing this exact routine for about a month, my fine lines have not gone away, my skin is still breaking out, and I'm starting to feel desperate.

Also, all of my makeup will sweat off by mid-day, making my issues almost impossible to cover-up. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you for reading my rant.
Confused
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, it sounds like you may be overdoing it with your routine. Does your skin feel irritated? I would probably start over from square one and reintroduce products little by little to see what works for your skin, and what doesn't; don't use a sunscreen that is making you break out! There are plenty of other options out there. I think often times people get caught up with using a product because it claims to do something for the skin, even though it might not be right for your own skin. I would lose the proactive.

If I were in your shoes I would probably start with using just the tazorac and perhaps a simple moisturizer or carrier oil and a mineral sunscreen, or mineral makeup. I would also recommend Belli acne cleanser, it is quite gentle, but I found it works excellently on those rashy kind of breakouts.
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
My sister has been using the roc retinol and has been breaking out too. It doesn't make since and roc has such good reviews but kindof coincindental your breaking out and using it too.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like you have alot of irritation going on, I'd stop all treatments till your skin returns to normal.

It takes a solid 12 wks for acne improvement with tazorac and several months for fine lines.
I would not use ROC if you are using taz.
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I think you're overdoing it and your skin is trying to tell you to stop.

Proactiv is really harsh and shouldn't be used with other 'active' products like retinol or tazorac.

As per the sunscreen have you thought of using a natural mineral foundation like Jane Iredale? It has SPF of 20 which is great for days you aren't in the sun for long periods of time. The pressed foundation is good for oilier skin and isn't irritating. My skin has improved a lot since I tossed away regular foundation.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |