Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
I ended up switching to the Environ roller, and am using the Environ Focus CIT just on my glabella lines.

I have major issues with inflammation, and this is the only roller that I can use for penetration and not looked like a lobster on day 2. I assume it is because the needles are thinner, and the Dr. Roller and Owndoc knockoffs have now been relegated to my arms. I can use the Environ rollers 2x a week now on my face, but the others cause so much inflammation that I can only roll my arms 1x a week.

I have this roller as well, and the needles are definitely thinner. I also have major inflammation issues, and stopped using it in favor of ultrasound. I may have to pull it out and give it a shot again.

Bethany, which roller are you thinking about using, the regular Environ or the Focus?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Bethany, which roller are you thinking about using, the regular Environ or the Focus?

I have both, but I was thinking the regular at the time. But maybe I will pull out the Focus instead. Choices, choices!

5% products discount

Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone from the old timers here on this thread still using a dermaroller for product penetration?

Just wondering what the long term results are... please share!

I've just started rolling with a 0.2mm every other day, and want to add a 0.5mm roll once every 2 weeks.

So far what I've noticed (after 5 0.2mm rolls) is that my skin has become thicker - it feels stronger, more resilient, but also a bit drier (must be still adjusting).

I use a weak CP serum with Matrixyls right after the roll, and then top it off with a Vit A oil and the skin turns red but goes back to normal in an hour or so.

On the alternate days I'm using a diluted RetinA (also just started) so that might be what's contributing to the dryness.

So far I'm loving the rolling!
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping this because I want to read it again, it's been a few years!

I want to use the Derminator in conjunction with my Sqoom for product penetration, especially Retin-A.
Felicity77
5% products discount

Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I was quite good at using my derma roller for a while, haven't use it in some time tho. I probably will start again now that winter is coming as I will have more evenings staying in doors to do some 'maintentance'
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:52 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had time to read through the entire thread just yet but I see that L-Ascorbic Acid and traditional retinol is not good for pre or post application?

Which serums are you gals using?

I was thinking of using Dr. Perricone's Face Finishing Moisturizer as it has DMAE, Alpha Lipoic Acid and Vitamin C-Ester.

http://www.perriconemd.co.uk/face-finishing-moisturizer.html

What are your thoughts?

*Starts at beginning of thread*

TIA

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
baneblades

Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I finally tried a derma roller after my cleaning my face with rubbing alcohol
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I did my first full face and neck 2 days ago. Yesterday it was quite tight but today it looks great, the tiny clogged pores and blackheads that have been stuck in there for decades are gone! Wish I have done it sooner, I honestly didn't think that this simple took would do such a job. I had fraxel on my sun damaged neck and this did a much better job and saved me $$$$. So now I can take that savings and buy some skincare.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I currently rorate my derma rollers. Using .5 and 1. As posted by everyone else ensure that you apply very lightly as roo deep will cause bleeding etc. Now if you go to a salon for derma rolling that is exactly what they do. They push harder causing a bit of blood and then you'll need a few days recovery. I started by having it done and now as mentioned rotate doing by myself. While rolling I use Grapeseed Oil or Hyaluronic Acid Serum to give me better glide. I do push harder than most but don't draw blood too often. I do this on a weekly basis and when done, hydrate my skin with Pure Rose water and then Hyaluronic Acid. The second day after rolling I go right into applying tretinoin 1% (retin-a) for deep penetration. The results truly are incredible.i wish everyone great results! Kate

Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:35 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
Another thought: the instructions that came with my Dermaroller (the original Dermaroller brand with 0.2mm needles) say to begin with twice a week rolling, and once your skin adapts, you may go up to 3-5 times per week for product penetration. A deep roll you should only do once every 4-6 weeks, depending on how your skin heals. ~ JJ

Yes that's correct. Once accustomed you can do it more frequently too. I tolerate rotating between 0.5 and 1mm lengths then use Rose water to soothe skin with Hyaluronic Acid and then day 2 jump back into it while using tretinoin (retin a 0.1%). But do take it slow to avoid irritation. Make sure skin is accustomed before going agrees I've like I do. I wish you much success. Kate

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
So I understand that the Anteage products are not the best for post needling anymore?

Sat May 20, 2017 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
That ointment isn't Sarah Vaughtner's. She just sells it. I really want to buy some, but she seems the only one selling to the US. I'm plain scared to buy from her. She has like 3-4 Ripoff Reports on her of customers claiming she harassed them and threatened them, after they had an issue with shipping or a charge on their card a year after they purchased. She responds with abusive tirades of such epic proportions that you can't help but think she is suffering from mental illness. She posts all their personal information, including address and phone number, and threatens them with lawsuits, extradition, and arrest!

It's truly the most shocking thing I've ever read. I looked at her terms and conditions of buying, and I can barely believe what I read. She does say she will blacklist people, logs your IP, and will publicly post all your information! And you have to agree to it to buy from her!

Please does anyone know where else you can buy this?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |