Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
What makes the Vivida roller different from the ebay one? It looks the same to me! Just wondering.

Hi Hermosa, I can only speak for myself, but I was curious about the RollCIT because Dr. Fernandes created it. I am VERY happy with my eBay roller, BTW. ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Sarah Vaughter ointment?

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/

It looks like it would be a great choice for rolling into the skin. The ointment comes free with the purchase of a dermaroller. I sent her an email asking if the ointment can be purchased separately.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Has anyone tried the Sarah Vaughter ointment?

http://dermaroller.owndoc.com/

It looks like it would be a great choice for rolling into the skin. The ointment comes free with the purchase of a dermaroller. I sent her an email asking if the ointment can be purchased separately.

Hi Tonia,
I have this ointment and have used it twice with my 0.5mm roller. And so far so good; my skin looks great for it (despite the weather). Also I have no reaction either redness or dryness from using it.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I got a reply from Sarah Vaughter within 2.5 hours. Impressive! Here is her reply.

We will add it to the web store within 48 hours, with a price of 9 USD excl. postage.

Best regards,

Sarah

Thank you for your response Miranda. It's good to know that it is non-irritating. That has been a problem for me with rolling for product penetration. The thing that I like about this ointment is that it has Retinol Acetate and D in it. Retinol Acetate is the non-irritating form of Retinol.

Here is the information about Vitamin D from her website.

Why vitamin D?
Vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) has been shown to be a potent agonist of the Vitamin D receptor which stimulates glycosaminoglycan synthesis and transforming growth factor -beta 1 (TGF-beta 1), thereby accelerating wound healing. It is reported that Vitamin D2 promotes dermal wound strength and re-epithelialization as well as enhancing granulation tissue formation. The Lanolin in our ointment helps the vit. D enter the skin. The ingredients work like a symphony - leave one out and the result suffers. Dermatologists with an expertise in dermarolling say the ointment should contain vit. D.

This looks like it would be great for rolling. I will order some as soon as she makes it available.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I got a reply from Sarah Vaughter within 2.5 hours. Impressive! Here is her reply.

They are a very good web company. They're informative and their professionalism is impressive.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Sarah sent me another email telling me that she is making it available today instead of waiting. She also included quite a bit of information about why they chose the ingredients they did for the ointment. I will post it if anyone is interested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Sarah sent me another email telling me that she is making it available today instead of waiting. She also included quite a bit of information about why they chose the ingredients they did for the ointment. I will post it if anyone is interested.

Tonia, I'm interested! TIA ~ JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Here ya go!

There are several reasons why we chose Infadolan. First of all, some other vit. A & D ointments contain Zinc - but there should be no Zinc put on your skin after dermarolling. Because Zinc dries up the skin and it can irritate it too. Zinc is not supposed to be put on an "open" skin such as the skin after rolling.

Secondly, some A & D creams contain a strong antinflammatory ingredient and that should not be put on your skin after rolling. The reason is that the roller basically causes a mild, controlled inflammation of your skin and that inflammation triggers certain responses in the skin such as collagen induction and that's why a *mild* inflammation is desirable and should not be suppressed with strong anti inflammatory ingredients.

The third reason is that Infadolan contains Lanolin and that is a very good occlusive. It is especially useful to occlude stretchmarks and surgical scars with an occlusive ointment after a dermarolling session, to postpone peeling. For reasons we do not fully understand, occlusion of dermarolled scar tissue is beneficial to healing.

The forth reason was that Infadolan contains a high enough percentage of vitamin A to have a therapeutic effect, and that this vitamin A is present in a form that doesn't irritate the skin when the skin is "open". Infadolan is indicated for the treatment of first degree burns.

It is now available for purchase. Here is the link.

http://webshop.owndoc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=14

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Here ya go!

There are several reasons why we chose Infadolan. First of all, some other vit. A & D ointments contain Zinc - but there should be no Zinc put on your skin after dermarolling. Because Zinc dries up the skin and it can irritate it too. Zinc is not supposed to be put on an "open" skin such as the skin after rolling.

Secondly, some A & D creams contain a strong antinflammatory ingredient and that should not be put on your skin after rolling. The reason is that the roller basically causes a mild, controlled inflammation of your skin and that inflammation triggers certain responses in the skin such as collagen induction and that's why a *mild* inflammation is desirable and should not be suppressed with strong anti inflammatory ingredients.

The third reason is that Infadolan contains Lanolin and that is a very good occlusive. It is especially useful to occlude stretchmarks and surgical scars with an occlusive ointment after a dermarolling session, to postpone peeling. For reasons we do not fully understand, occlusion of dermarolled scar tissue is beneficial to healing.

The forth reason was that Infadolan contains a high enough percentage of vitamin A to have a therapeutic effect, and that this vitamin A is present in a form that doesn't irritate the skin when the skin is "open". Infadolan is indicated for the treatment of first degree burns.

It is now available for purchase. Here is the link.

http://webshop.owndoc.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=14

I couldn't make the link work, but I did find the product and it's now for sale on the site. Thanks so much, Tonia! ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 pm      Reply with quote

I find this statement really against all we know about using zinc oxide on broken skin! The best ointments always recommended for diaper rashes (which can be open enough to bleed) and also early stages of bed sores {excoriated skin which will bleed) contain zinc oxide as a major ingredient in them, it is highly occlusive too waste materials, keeps the skin dry and is an excellent barrier that tends not to rub off easily.
I find it confusing that it would cause problems on the tiny wounds made by the derma rollers?
Is there any independent research that backs up this claim? Is it just the word of this particular seller?
I have a second question pertaining to the Lanolin, is this natural or synthetic lanolin? I could not find it on the site, It would be a concern as many are allergic to lanolin (natural) as well as wool!

TIA
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:47 am      Reply with quote
I use the Infadolan sold by Sarah as well. In fact, I just did a 1mm roll on my face last night and put it on immediately after. It was very soothing and seemed to speed up the healing as compared to when I rolled without the Infadolan. It really seems very gentle, and I am very sensitive to many creams. I am only on my second roll of the face, so I can't really speak to the effectiveness yet.
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:27 am      Reply with quote
As mentioned before, I also use the Infadolan sold by Sarah with both my deep 1.5 roll and my bi-weekly .5mm roll and it feels wonderful on my skin. No stinging or redness or peeling. You don't have to use it with any other product (soothing oils etc).
Whether you agree with the zinc comment or not, it's a great cream for use with rolling 'feeling-wise'.
Result-wise, I can only say short-term, my skin looks great - really great. It's plumper and thicker.
Long-term, I will know better in 6 months time if my skin looks 20 years younger!!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
As mentioned before, I also use the Infadolan sold by Sarah with both my deep 1.5 roll and my bi-weekly .5mm roll and it feels wonderful on my skin. No stinging or redness or peeling. You don't have to use it with any other product (soothing oils etc).
Whether you agree with the zinc comment or not, it's a great cream for use with rolling 'feeling-wise'.
Result-wise, I can only say short-term, my skin looks great - really great. It's plumper and thicker.
Long-term, I will know better in 6 months time if my skin looks 20 years younger!!

I think you are misunderstanding my questions! Maybe this will clarify, 

It's not a question of agreeing with the zinc comment or not! I am curious as to why? If you read your makeup, foundation whether MMU or a regular liquid or cream they contain zinc oxide as well as titanium and iron oxides physical sunscreens zinc oxide! Why,  does this say you can't use those the next day? I am just trying to make sense of a statement that zinc is contraindicated on open skin? It is an inconsistent statement considering the many uses on broken skin! 
I am not knocking a product! I just want to know the basis of that particular rather controversial statement. 
The lanolin if a natural product from sheep could cause allergic reactions to those allergic that information should be readily available to anyone buying the ointment! 

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I just want to know the basis of that particular rather controversial statement. 
DM

DM, I wasn't replying to your question, just saying I've used the product and like it.

Why don't you email Sarah with your question? I'm sure she'll be very happy to answer and will be more accurate than us second-guessing.

Support by email
We are always glad to hear from you and to answer your questions.
Email Sarah at sarah@owndoc.com.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

TIM the above portion of your post would lead one to believe you were responding to my question somewhat! Thanks for the info, but we already know the sellers take on using zinc so another source is what interests me!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:

It sounds as if you are having very good results with this product, Miranda. It will be interesting to see what results we all have at the six-month mark. In the meantime, anything that makes your skin look plumper and thicker interests me; those words always grab my attention! Laughing ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Zinc in wound healing: Theoretical, experimental, and clinical aspects
Authors: Lansdown, Alan B. G.1; Mirastschijski, Ursula2; Stubbs, Nicky3; Scanlon, Elizabeth3; Ĺgren, Magnus S.4
Source: Wound Repair and Regeneration, Volume 15, Number 1, January-February 2007 , pp. 2-16(15)
Publisher: Blackwell Publishing

Abstract:
Zinc is an essential trace element in the human body and its importance in health and disease is appreciated. It serves as a cofactor in numerous transcription factors and enzyme systems including zinc-dependent matrix metalloproteinases that augment autodebridement and keratinocyte migration during wound repair. Zinc confers resistance to epithelial apoptosis through cytoprotection against reactive oxygen species and bacterial toxins possibly through antioxidant activity of the cysteine-rich metallothioneins. Zinc deficiency of hereditary or dietary cause can lead to pathological changes and delayed wound healing. Oral zinc supplementation may be beneficial in treating zinc-deficient leg ulcer patients, but its therapeutic place in surgical patients needs further clarification. Topical administration of zinc appears to be superior to oral therapy due to its action in reducing superinfections and necrotic material via enhanced local defense systems and collagenolytic activity, and the sustained release of zinc ions that stimulates epithelialization of wounds in normozincemic individuals. Zinc oxide in paste bandages (Unna boot) protects and soothes inflamed peri-ulcer skin. Zinc is transported through the skin from these formulations, although the systemic effects seem insignificant. We present here the first comprehensive account of zinc in wound management in relation to current concepts of wound bed preparation and the wound-healing cascade. This review article suggests that topical zinc therapy is underappreciated even though clinical evidence emphasizes its importance in autodebridement, anti-infective action, and promotion of epithelialization.
Document Type: Research article
DOI: 10.1111/j.1524-475X.2006.00179.x
Affiliations: 1: Imperial College Faculty of Medicine, Division of Investigative Sciences, Charing Cross Hospital, London, United Kingdom, 2: Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery, Otto-von-Guericke University, Magdeburg, Germany, 3: Leeds North West Primary Care Trust, Leeds, United Kingdom, and 4: Department of Surgery K, Bispebjerg Hospital, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
Popular articles...
Joint Commission Perspectives, July 2008, vol. 2

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/bsc/wrr/2007/00000015/00000001/art00003

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
This is Miranda wrote:

TIM the above portion of your post would lead one to believe you were responding to my question somewhat! Thanks for the info, but we already know the sellers take on using zinc so another source is what interests me!

DM

Sorry it leads you to believe I was responding to you personally but I wasn't. I meant 'you' in the plural term. Should have used the word 'one' as you do.
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
DM, why aren't you interested in hearing Sarah's response? Are you concerned that she'll just try to prove her point no matter what? You never know, she may surprise you. She may even be able to point you to some specific studies. BTW, I wonder if there is more than one form of zinc. Are zinc and zinc oxide the same?

I thought the same thing about the lanolin. It is a known allergen. I checked, and it does very clearly state on her site that lanolin is included. Those who are allergic should steer clear.

Meanwhile, I will do some research to see if I can find any reason why a person shouldn't use zinc on open skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested in the lanolin issue. The skin care industry, in general, has a very dim view of lanolin. I've never met an aesthetician who would recommend it. I've been told it clogs pores. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, I've used lanolin face creams in the past and haven't had any problems and I know Asian women have a high regard for it - it's highly prized in China.

I also think the Indofalan contains petroleum (correct me if I'm wrong) - that's another contentious ingredient.

I'd also like to know why zinc isn't recommended on broken skin. I certainly slapped it on my babies' bottoms when they had nappy rash.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is the writeup from the website. Not saying I agree with the information, but I am posting it FYI:

Quote:
Why Infadolan is the best choice for dermarolling: Some vit. A & D ointments contain Zinc - but there should be no Zinc applied to rolled skin because Zinc dries and irritates open skin.

I am still searching for the complete ingredients list. If someone has them, it would be helpful to post them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I would post this info from Environ.

Environ has introduced the new Focus-CIT which is a more convenient tool for needling. This is a 0.5 mm size roller.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
maybe this will help; it's from a Czech Pharmacy website:

INFADOLAN
mast
V: Herbacos-Bofarma. sro. Pardubice.
DR: Herbacos-Bofarma. DR: Herbacos-Bofarma. sro. Pardubice. CR.
retinol acetate 48 000 IU (0.031995 g). Ergocalciferolum 9 000 IU (0.000225 g) in 30 g of ointment.

PL: Mast base: white wax. Wool fat (lanolin). white soft paraffin.
IS: dermatological (a drug for treatment of skin).
CH: Infadolan the ointment for external use containing vitamin A and vitamin D2 in anhydrous Mast base. appropriate to accelerate skin renewal to the affected area.

I: Infadolan is used in adults and children from newborn age on uninfected minor wounds. abrasions. First-degree burns. the dry cracked skin. cracks in the skin grooves. On the recommendation of a physician to treat varicose ulcers (to accelerate epithelization. Healing ulcers. To clean. Non-infected dregs). pressure sores, etc.
Is particularly suited to lubricate dry skin. patients with atopic dermatitis. the sore prevention in children and adults.

KI: Infadolan should not be used in known hypersensitivity to any component of the product and not come into contact with ocular conjunctiva.
ADRs during treatment can be very sporadic hypersensitivity to any component of the product.Symptoms include itching hypersensitivity. redness. swelling of the skin. burning sensation. sometimes even minor eruptions pimples. In the case of these side effects or other unusual reactions discontinue treatment and contact your doctor.

IT: Mutual influence effect Infadolan and other products is not known. Yet without consulting your doctor use simultaneously with the ointment of any OTC products for local use.
If your doctor prescribes a different medicine tell him.
D: Unless the doctor otherwise. adults and children with Infadolan applied in a thin layer 1 to 3 times daily on affected places or on dry skin.
Use in Venous ulcers governing physician.
UZ: If there is a retreat to your problems within 7 days or vice versa will be worsening contact your doctor. Duration of treatment Infadolanem without consulting your doctor should not exceed 2 weeks.
In case of accidental ingestion of large quantities of child may be nausea and vomiting. It is appropriate to encourage or induce vomiting and consult your doctor. When below 25 C in a tightly sealed tube. order to protect from air moisture. Do not freeze.
VA: The product must not be used after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
The product should be stored out of reach and sight of children.
BA: 30 g ointment.

(Sorry, very bad Google translation!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kelilu,
Zinc, as in zinc oxide is used in foundations whether MMU or liquid and cream formulas, sunscreens, and barrier creams for diaper rash, and bedsores amongst other medical uses and it has a long standing track record for protecting and healing the skin! I venture to say it is safe!

TIM
Sorry you don't care for my wording, but I write the way I choose!

Tonia,
I think emailing the seller of a product about another is an exercize in futility, they have already made their position clear albeit it without scientific back up, I prefer independent information to back a claim that using a well known ingredient is somehow harmful! My personal preference I have no "fear" of her possible answer as it makes no sense to me and I do research!

Here is just some medical information on using zinc oxide on the skin, if anyone has information about any product in skin care using straight zinc I would love to hear it!

Medical

Zinc oxide as a mixture with about 0.5% iron(III) oxide (Fe2O3) is called calamine and is used in calamine lotion. There are also two minerals, zincite and hemimorphite, which have been called calamine historically (see: calamine (mineral)). When mixed with eugenol, a chelate, zinc oxide eugenol is formed which has restorative and prosthodontic applications in dentistry.[7][37]

Reflecting the basic properties of ZnO, fine particles of the oxide have deodorizing and antibacterial[38] action and for that reason are added into various materials including cotton fabric, rubber, food packaging, etc.[39][40] Enhanced antibacterial action of fine particles compared to bulk material is not intrinsic to ZnO and is observed for other materials, such as silver.[41]

Zinc oxide is widely used to treat a variety of other skin conditions, in products such as baby powder and barrier creams to treat diaper rashes, calamine cream, anti-dandruff shampoos, and antiseptic ointments.[42][43] It is also a component in tape (called "zinc oxide tape") used by athletes as a bandage to prevent soft tissue damage during workouts.[44]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki?search=Zinc+oxide

Lanolin is a known allergen to many, so I think it should be noted here that it is in this product!

HTH
DM

Keliu wrote:
I'm interested in the lanolin issue. The skin care industry, in general, has a very dim view of lanolin. I've never met an aesthetician who would recommend it. I've been told it clogs pores. Personally, I don't have a problem with it, I've used lanolin face creams in the past and haven't had any problems and I know Asian women have a high regard for it - it's highly prized in China.

I also think the Indofalan contains petroleum (correct me if I'm wrong) - that's another contentious ingredient.

I'd also like to know why zinc isn't recommended on broken skin. I certainly slapped it on my babies' bottoms when they had nappy rash.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Although it's listed on the ingredients list as white soft paraffin, that is just another name for petroleum jelly, petrolatum or vaseline. So yes Keliu, you are correct.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |