Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
The rollers I purchased from owndoc.com say Microneedle Therapy by Clinical Resolution on the box and they are clear handled w/ green roller heads. The .2 works fine so far (just operator error is all Wink )

I actually had a much better roll the 2nd time when I did not use the ACV toner before hand. Not sure if that's why I had the itching and sneezing going on with my first roll, but it didn't happen the 2nd time I rolled, and I didn't use the ACV the 2nd time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I had a very good roll last night Bad Grin

During the roll, I discovered something that worked for me but may not work for you (I'm talking to the sneezers here). I put on my Let's Make Collagen serum, Marine Nutrient Serum and antioxidant serum mix, no Emla cream because it was late, and then started to roll hard with my 1.0 roller. Of course it hurt my face and lips like h*** but I was so tired that I closed my eyes and, and...the pain was cut by at least half. When I opened them, it hurt again, so I ended up closing them and again, no pain. Now this makes little sense. If anythng, having my eyes closed should intensify the sense of touch. Also, no sneezing or tearing. My lips in particular were less sensitive when I closed my eyes. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great trick, Antonia. I'll try it.

Foxe, I said that I had a bad reaction to the .25 that got better with several uses. Well, I stopped using ACV during that time too. I didn't relate the two but that might be it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I had a very good roll last night Bad Grin

During the roll, I discovered something that worked for me but may not work for you (I'm talking to the sneezers here). I put on my Let's Make Collagen serum, Marine Nutrient Serum and antioxidant serum mix, no Emla cream because it was late, and then started to roll hard with my 1.0 roller. Of course it hurt my face and lips like h*** but I was so tired that I closed my eyes and, and...the pain was cut by at least half. When I opened them, it hurt again, so I ended up closing them and again, no pain. Now this makes little sense. If anythng, having my eyes closed should intensify the sense of touch. Also, no sneezing or tearing. My lips in particular were less sensitive when I closed my eyes. I'm curious if anyone else experiences this.

Cool post Antonia. The part that perked me up was that you were rolling hard. Any blood points? Sounds like the key is to be tired... Laughing I'll give it a go. I use more or less the same ingredient combo sometimes when I roll...alternating with the green tea serum. What are you putting on post roll?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sis,

No blood points at all (I haven't had aspirin for a while). Post-roll I used Mitochondrial boost. Since I lost weight on the greens, I have had a dimply line come up on the right side of my mouth and I am trying to get rid of it by rolling. Tonight, I will roll my arms again with my eyes closed this time, and see if I can get deeper with the 1.0. I just ordered a 1.5 from Owndoc.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to report the disappearance of an old hypertrophic scar on my knuckle thanks to rolling with a .5mm microneedle and application of Vitamin C + Tretinoin. Well, it is almost gone. It has really flattened down and diminished. I really needled the heck out of it and it seems to be helping despite my using a smaller .5mm needle.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
That's impressive Ammonia... Do you use the Retin-A and C together?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
That's impressive Ammonia... Do you use the Retin-A and C together?

Yes, I use both together and directly after rolling without waiting.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting. I will try this on my face tonight using just the retin A and antioxidant serum. I don't do well with topical Vit C, get migraines if I get near citrus and certainly can't drink it. However, I can take 5,000 mg of vit c tabs with no probem. Go figure. I have a scar on my face where I had Softform implants removed from my NL folds. One side developed a small scar and the other side didn't. I've been mowing it like crazy but it hasn't diminished. I've not tried the Retin-A though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I did another roll last night w/ my .2 (my 3rd) and used CPs before the roll and immediately after. I then used Retin A Micro about 15 mins after that. No issues - typical red face right after rolling. No sneezing this time either. (No ACV - maybe that was the problem with the first roll?) I did use ice in a few spots. I hope I can outgrow that need.

I could 'feel' the Retin A Micro when I applied that. Not the Skin Signals CPs tho.

My face is looking nice today I think. It seems a little dryer than normal, but for my oily skin - thats a good thing. It has a plumpness to it that I can't explain. The pores do look smaller. And the color looks 'healthier' - for me at least. I had very little color at all in my face before. Not sure if that will stick around or if it's just temporary. I felt comfortable heading out this morning w/ no makeup on (very unusual for me - I usually need something to cover up post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation/acne spots). I'm very greatful that I can even roll at this point since I could do no such thing last year with all my breakouts. It's been wonderful not having any new spots recently - enuf so I can try rolling again!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Mine is an MTS roller. It even has the triangle above the M like on the wesite. It says Microneedle Therapy System on the box too. The only difference I can see is that mine is green and the one on the website is blue.

Hi people, just back from Italy and doing some catching up.

A couple of points on the MTS rollers; my 0.5mm is a blue roller and my 0.2mm is green. My assumption is the differing roller barrel colours are to distinguish the needle length? (Blue from owndoc, green from Jaysun.)

The second thing is, last night I did a 0.5mm roll for the first time in ages (2 weeks?!) and rolled after having a bath so skin was more sensitive (also having period). I think that either one needle or one circular row is longer than the others. I can feel part of the roller digging deeper. I thought I felt this before but it was very clear last night (comes from the right side of roller).
The 0.5mm I bought from Owndoc whilst the 0.2mm is from Jaysun - which I also sense has one row/needle longer. Anyone else notice this?

My 1.5mm from another ebay shop (not as cheap as Jaysun) has no problem and Tonia, I certainly don't have to push it in to hear the popping sound - and I use it on my stomach and get bloodspots without much pressure.

Tonia wrote:
I have to push really hard to get the needles all the way in but they will go in. Does anyone else have to apply a lot of pressure to get the 1.5 to fully penetrate the skin?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,

My ZTGS roller has one row longer too. This band of needles is a different colour. I got out my jeweller's glasses and checked it out as I know one or more needles "tugs" at my skin. BTW, I have been wading through all these dermaroll posts and can't find where to buy the single needle roller. I have a very fine facial scar and would line to address it. Where did you get yours? Welcome back from Italy! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Something exciting to report. I rolled my lips last night with Matrixyl and eyes squeezed shut Very Happy This morning, I got up and looked in the mirror and noticed that my lips looked fuller. "Proof" came when Don asked disapprovingly, "Have you done something to your lips?" (He hates anything being "done" to lips.) This is roll #3. Definitely plumper.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda,

I notice you are in the UK like me, and I just wanted to ask who you preferred to get your rollers from - in terms of quality and service? Also, do you use the 3 line roller ? - if so, which length ?

many thanks for your help

Jackie xx
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I looked at my MTS roller and the needles are all in alignment as far as I can see and feel. I have the narrow 3-row roller in .5mm.

I have not experienced any reduction in pain by shutting my eyes - darn it!

As for the single needles, why not purchase lancets from the drugstore? They are available in most drugstores here in the US and they come pre-sterilized.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
That's a good idea about the lancets, but I wouldn't know what to do with them. Just poke all the way along the scar? I can't see myself doing this after the self-injecting Restylane fiasco. Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hi Miranda,

My ZTGS roller has one row longer too. This band of needles is a different colour. I got out my jeweller's glasses and checked it out as I know one or more needles "tugs" at my skin. BTW, I have been wading through all these dermaroll posts and can't find where to buy the single needle roller. I have a very fine facial scar and would line to address it. Where did you get yours? Welcome back from Italy! Very Happy

Hi Antonia,
That's weird about the longer row with different colour - it must signify some purpose. I'm going to write to owndoc and ask them if this is the case with their rollers also (after getting my loupe out to study the rollers first).
I got my single needles fromwww.owndoc.com . There's no length marking on them as to how deep to go although common sense and pain tell you if it's too deep! But I think they're really good for precision needling scars and I can go deeper with them (always get blood spots) but there's less pain than rolling.

Oh, and well done on the lips!! It really does work doesn't it?!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Something exciting to report. I rolled my lips last night with Matrixyl and eyes squeezed shut Very Happy This morning, I got up and looked in the mirror and noticed that my lips looked fuller. "Proof" came when Don asked disapprovingly, "Have you done something to your lips?" (He hates anything being "done" to lips.) This is roll #3. Definitely plumper.

LMAO.... Love the "Proof".

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Miranda,

I notice you are in the UK like me, and I just wanted to ask who you preferred to get your rollers from - in terms of quality and service? Also, do you use the 3 line roller ? - if so, which length ?

many thanks for your help

Jackie xx

I've bought my three rollers from three different retail sources.
My 1.5mm was from UK-based Ebay seller Starbug2006. Roller arrived in good time and no problems with it re. sharpness. Not as cheap as other ebay rollers though.
The 0.5mm is from Owndoc.com and although they charge more, I think their package is a great starter pack and their service is first class.
The 0.2mm is from Ebay Jaysun trading, wasn't hugely fast to arrive but the roller was super-cheap.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Miranda. I just ordered something from them and it's been sent so I wish I'd surfed around a bit first! Mind you, adding this would not make much difference. I am afraid I need that 12-step program more than ever. Last week, My Baby Quasar died on me so I took it as a sign from the Universe that I was to order an Antiaging LightStim. Then, while tootling around Nanci's site later, I decided to add a Vaculifter and a Tua Viso. THEN (now this is getting sad) I decided to do a trial on something advertised on my site. How loony is that? Amazon has it for a better price (WAAAY better) than As We Change, which is the advertised one. It's the Angellift dermastrips. I looked at the thread on them here and it seemed to have woozled out. I will be a walking robot, rolling, poking, whirring, inserting and zapping. It's a sad state of affairs but I wanted to review them all. Do you think it's a tax write off? Lol! I will speak to my accountant. Back to dermarolling, I can still see a difference in the lips. Now if I could only reduce the distance to my nose, I'd be happy with myself. (Would I ever be "happy with myself"???) Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
What is angellift dermastrips...

Do tell...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Thanks Miranda. I just ordered something from them and it's been sent so I wish I'd surfed around a bit first! Mind you, adding this would not make much difference. I am afraid I need that 12-step program more than ever. Last week, My Baby Quasar died on me so I took it as a sign from the Universe that I was to order an Antiaging LightStim. Then, while tootling around Nanci's site later, I decided to add a Vaculifter and a Tua Viso. THEN (now this is getting sad) I decided to do a trial on something advertised on my site. How loony is that? Amazon has it for a better price (WAAAY better) than As We Change, which is the advertised one. It's the Angellift dermastrips. I looked at the thread on them here and it seemed to have woozled out. I will be a walking robot, rolling, poking, whirring, inserting and zapping. It's a sad state of affairs but I wanted to review them all. Do you think it's a tax write off? Lol! I will speak to my accountant. Back to dermarolling, I can still see a difference in the lips. Now if I could only reduce the distance to my nose, I'd be happy with myself. (Would I ever be "happy with myself"???) Bad Grin

You'll have to let me know how the AALS goes.... I've been on slobbering over that one since day one of discovering EDS.
And I totally understand the Cosmic Guidance that one receives on having to buy something (it was there at the front, in my size, in the sale.....)
Does the stocking up of your arsenal of gadgetry have anything to do with the impending birthday? I'm sure it's not psychological but I always age somewhere overnight just before my birthday! (This year; lines round my eyes).
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Miranda...yes I think it has everything to do with the impending birthday, and the fact I lost nine pounds and am sitting at 125 at 5'8"
I don't see any more wrinkles on my face but my arms continue to torture me. I'm sure they look worse. I'm rolling them again tonight. I will let you know how the AALS goes. The BQ was hopeless, unfortunately. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is angellift dermastrips...

Do tell...

They are plastic inserts that go into the mouth and somehow work the muscles to elevate and get rid of wrinkles (apparently). There's a pic on my blog in the left column but don't buy from there. Amazon has them cheaper. I have to get rid of those As we Change ads as the place is way overpriced. There was a thread about them here. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33160.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I am afraid I need that 12-step program more than ever. Last week, My Baby Quasar died on me so I took it as a sign from the Universe that I was to order an Antiaging LightStim. Then, while tootling around Nanci's site later, I decided to add a Vaculifter and a Tua Viso. THEN (now this is getting sad) I decided to do a trial on something advertised on my site. How loony is that? Amazon has it for a better price (WAAAY better) than As We Change, which is the advertised one. It's the Angellift dermastrips. I looked at the thread on them here and it seemed to have woozled out. I will be a walking robot, rolling, poking, whirring, inserting and zapping. It's a sad state of affairs but I wanted to review them all.

Antonia, you made me lol with this! Not Netspeak-lol, I mean literally laugh out loud Laughing

Looking forward to reading your reviews.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |