Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
Jackie284 wrote:
Hi Miranda,

I notice you are in the UK like me, and I just wanted to ask who you preferred to get your rollers from - in terms of quality and service? Also, do you use the 3 line roller ? - if so, which length ?

many thanks for your help

Jackie xx

I've bought my three rollers from three different retail sources.
My 1.5mm was from UK-based Ebay seller Starbug2006. Roller arrived in good time and no problems with it re. sharpness. Not as cheap as other ebay rollers though.
The 0.5mm is from Owndoc.com and although they charge more, I think their package is a great starter pack and their service is first class.
The 0.2mm is from Ebay Jaysun trading, wasn't hugely fast to arrive but the roller was super-cheap.

thanks Miranda - you're a star x
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Miranda, I haven't tried the 1.5 on my face yet. I have to apply pressure to get the needles to go into my arm but it may be different on my face. Thanks for letting me know that you don't have that problem. If I have the same issue on my face, I'll just go back to my 1mm.

Antonia, I'm looking forward to reading your reviews of all the new products. I have been lusting over the Tuo Viso and the Vaculifter. I will be interested to see if you get a better result from the AALS than from the BQ. I have the Prolight Platinum.

I still haven't rolled my lips with the .25. I haven't worked up the nerve yet. Do you think it would be OK to use the infadolan?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Tonia, I will be updating everyone on my goodies both here and on the blog. I can't wait. I'm not that concerned about my face but I am about my arms. That will be my main area of attack. The ProLight Platinum is supposed to be good. I'm just not high on Quasar. It didn't do much and then broke Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I rolled my lips with the 1 last night. I have a lot of old acne scars around my mouth which are probably not that big but which might as well be lit up in neon from my perspective. So I figured I'd go with my bigger gun (the .5 not having achieved much in the 2 mos I've been using it). I applied CPs and retin-a afterward.

Things look pretty good today; my lips are, unsurprisingly, poofy. I doubt it will last, but I can hope that something is happening behind the scenes.

This is probably too vigorous an approach for many, but I seem to have very thick skin.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Retin A on the lips is very daring! I ran out of Matrixl last night but I feel a big order with SkinActives coming on. I want to try to replicate the LMC serum as I am VERY leery of deep penetration of parabens, Germaben, etc. particularly in the mouth area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
I'm just not high on Quasar. It didn't do much and then broke Sad

Antonia, how long have you had the Quasar for? The warranty is supposed to be 5 years:
http://www.babyquasar.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=8&tmpl=popup
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you 3rd Oculus. I have just emailed them. I don't have proof of purchase as my hard drive crashed last November. I seem to remember I bought it from EDS though. I wonder if they have it showing somewhere...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
OK found my order Smile Thanks 3rd Oculus. Truly appreciated Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
OH good Antonia.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really confused right now. wich dermaroller is the best? and where do u get it from? I found many on ebay from $12 to $90
Also anyone knows what would happen if I roll on active acne? or should I avoid it?

how many times do u roll every week?
This is Miranda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:16 am      Reply with quote
has wrote:
I'm really confused right now. wich dermaroller is the best? and where do u get it from? I found many on ebay from $12 to $90
Also anyone knows what would happen if I roll on active acne? or should I avoid it?

how many times do u roll every week?

Dear Has,
There are many different answers as to which roller is best but if it is of concern to you, I suggest you don't buy from Ebay but from a reputable seller such as Dr. Roller.

From your other questions (which have all been addressed previously), it is clear that you haven't read much of this thread if any and I'm afraid reading up of the facts and info is something you have to do with something as potentially dangerous as dermarolling.
I loathe it when I see the answer to people's questions as 'just read the thread' but with rolling, it's something you must do. It's a pain - I know, I spent days reading through the mammoth Dermarolling thread but it's worth it (and this one isn't too long). There will be many subjects covered here that will answer questions you haven't even thought of!
Once you've read through and if you have other questions, then there will be plenty of us happy to answer if we can.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
That is so true, Miranda (that you will find answers to questions you had never even thought of). That's one massive thread. My jawline is very taut these past couple of weeks and I don't know if it's due to the facial exercise, the dermarolling for product penetration or the loss of nine pounds (or maybe all three...)
Someone commented on it yesterday...she actually asked me if I had undergone a face lift Smile. I think this is because I built up the cheeks once before and there is some muscle memory. That said, I am thinking of having Teosyal Deep in my cheekbones today to try to elevate the cheek further to reduce folds. I'll post about that in the appropriate thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
has - I got my two rollers on Ebay - cheapies. It is the site jj mentioned early in the thread. I am at my office computer and don't have the link here or I'd let you know.
The dr. roller I'm sure is the better alternative but I'm happy with the ones I have. I wasn't sure how much I'd get into the rolling and didn't want a big investment so this is working so far.

I agree - some of the sellers (rollers) on ebay are probably not what you want, so be careful which seller you go with if you decide to go cheap to start.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'd recommend not going with the ZTGS at this point. I hear that the needles are thicker and possibly more painful (I have this roller in a 1.0.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Yes, I'd recommend not going with the ZTGS at this point. I hear that the needles are thicker and possibly more painful (I have this roller in a 1.0.)

Antonia, What is a ZTGS?
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Antonia wrote:

Antonia, What is a ZTGS?

It's a close cousin of the ZGTS...I'm typing too fast.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
It's a close cousin of the ZGTS...I'm typing too fast.

Laughing I don't know what the ZGTS roller is either, but it's ok, I googled it!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Er... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I was just downstairs plugging my Blackberry into the plug-bar thing when I saw a loose end sticking out from under the sofa. So (cringe) I retrieved my Baby Quasar from the kitchen, where it was just about to be dispatched to the manufacturer, and plugged this end in instead. Guess what? So, anyone want to buy a BQ in perfect working order? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has, this should get you started faster. Click on this link and then scroll down to the Dermaroller articles. It will take you less time to read through the articles than it will to read through the threads. You can start with them and then take your time with the threads. Best of luck!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
OK found my order Smile Thanks 3rd Oculus. Truly appreciated Smile

No problem, it's an expensive thing to have go dead on you Smile
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Er... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed I was just downstairs plugging my Blackberry into the plug-bar thing when I saw a loose end sticking out from under the sofa. So (cringe) I retrieved my Baby Quasar from the kitchen, where it was just about to be dispatched to the manufacturer, and plugged this end in instead. Guess what? So, anyone want to buy a BQ in perfect working order? Very Happy

Haha, just saw this last post. Well, what can you do? All those charger plugs look so alike. . .
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Agree! Tee Hee. I have a drawer where we stash ours and honestly I need to get a labelling system.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
My bedside cabinet drawer is like a graveyard for electrical things. Don even calls it The Graveyard as in, "Have you seen my ear plugs Don??" "Perhaps they're in The Graveyard, Sweetie."

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
My bedside cabinet drawer is like a graveyard for electrical things. Don even calls it The Graveyard as in, "Have you seen my ear plugs Don??" "Perhaps they're in The Graveyard, Sweetie."

Laughing Laughing

The inside of my bedside cabinet is like something out of Steptoe & Son. Give it a few more years and the useless gadgets will be museum-worthy.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing HaHaha - I think I'll start to use a bedside table for these gadgets. Right now, mine are in a basket (for lack of better places to put them). Need to weed thru them every so often to get rid of ones no longer needed too.

Sis - a labeling system is a good idea! (off to look for one now)

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |