Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
All my plugs are labelled with a Dymo labeler - and the cords are all wound around a little plastic thingy that I bought in Howards Storage just for the purpose of keeping them tidy. Sorry, I'm an organisation freak. Rolling Eyes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
Lord. I just read your weaponry list. That is really something K!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Lord. I just read your weaponry list. That is really something K!!!

That's why it takes allot of organising! One tangled cord and my entire regimen is in jeopardy of failure! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
All my plugs are labelled with a Dymo labeler - and the cords are all wound around a little plastic thingy that I bought in Howards Storage just for the purpose of keeping them tidy. Sorry, I'm an organisation freak. Rolling Eyes Laughing

THat's a good idea, but it seems a little labor-intensive.

There should be universal plugs, just like univeral remotes. Then you'd only need one Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
3rd.oculus wrote:
There should be universal plugs, just like univeral remotes. Then you'd only need one Very Happy

This would be my ultimate dream come true!! Bear in mind that, because I'm in Oz, I also have to use adaptors and voltage converters as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
My 0.5mm MT roller bought from Owndoc always felt as though one/some needles were longer than others. I mentioned this to Sarah from Owndoc and she immediately sent a replacement. She checked with the supplier who said that I should not feel the needles to be irregular.
However the new replacement 0.5mm roller felt the same. I studied the roller and saw that the plastic barrel undulates making some needles longer than the others. This is also the case for my other 0.5mm and 0.2mm (bought from Jaysun Trading). Looking sideways on, all three rollers do not have their needles correctly centred. I measured a 0.5mm roller and some needles were closer to 0.9mm and others 0.2mm.
Also one needle was bent to 90 degrees, another lesser so.

I have relayed all this info to Sarah and she has been very helpful in trying to work out if I have been particularly unlucky or if there is a general problem. In fairness to Owndoc, I asked her to write a statement for me to post.

Here is the Owndoc statement:

Quote:

We have received one complaint about a dermaroller we sent to a customer, model "MT roller".
We take such complaints extremely seriously because it is not just our reputation at stake but also our customers' skin.
We can't inspect dermarollers before we send them because they are in non-transparent sterile packaging.

We randomly selected three dermarollers with long needles but none of them had any damage or bent needles or any other production quality issues.
However this does not mean that quality issue's don't exist, so we advise our customers to inspect their rollers before use and especially look for bent needles, needles that are different in length etc. When a needle is half-bent in the direction of rolling, it can potentially cause a small skin injury. This is why visual inspection before rolling is important.

Anyone who finds such a roller in their order will believed on their word and be immediately sent two replacement rollers free of charge.

We have taken this issue up with the manufacturer, and the manufacturer says they haven't received any such complaints.
Again, this does not mean that quality issues do or did not exist.

The manufacturer has been informed that if any such quality complaint reoccurs, that we will stop buying from them.
We have spoken twice on the phone with them on March 10, 2010 and they assured us they had no quality issues and that "our" rollers would be subjected to their customary quality control.

We have decided to sell their roller based on us testing various rollers, their roller being considered identical in quality, but much cheaper than the "Dr. Roller" dermaroller, both being SE Asian replica's of the not-for-private-sale "Original Dermaroller".

If we receive more similar complaints we will consider suspending all sales. Meanwhile, we are in the process of ordering more rollers from the latest manufacturers, so that we can decide on switching manufacturer.

If anyone else has received or will receive a skin roller with bent or uneven needles from us, please notify us and we will apologize and send replacements immediately.

Also, we have no problem if people post here their good/bad experiences with our dermarollers

Thank you,
Sarah and John

Of course I felt obliged to post about the potential problem. Everyone should check their MT rollers for bent needles or uneven needle lengths (due to uneven plastic barrel). Look both along the roller and the side of it. Rollers from both Owndoc and Jaysun need to be checked as they are from the same manufacturer.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting that Miranda. I have 3 of their rollers and I will be looking at them closely (magnifying mirror needed due to my old eyes, of course!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I did a .05 roll last night on my face with a good bit of pressure this time. I used Marine nutrient serum mixed with LMC pre roll and let this sink in for 15 minutes.

After roll I put on Skin Signals and five minutes later combined ELS and Anti-ox booster over SS. Face today is glowy, firm. Rolled the lips too - very full.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:07 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I did a .05 roll last night on my face with a good bit of pressure this time. I used Marine nutrient serum mixed with LMC pre roll and let this sink in for 15 minutes.

After roll I put on Skin Signals and five minutes later combined ELS and Anti-ox booster over SS. Face today is glowy, firm. Rolled the lips too - very full.

Phew! That sounds like a concoction! Great when it works though isn't it!!
Take note of how long the glowy firmness lasts so you can see if it lasts longer each time you do this (assuming you will continue) or if it's always a short term reaction. I will certainly be curious to know.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
This is Miranda wrote:
. Everyone should check their MT rollers for bent needles or uneven needle lengths (due to uneven plastic barrel). Look both along the roller and the side of it. Rollers from both Owndoc and Jaysun need to be checked as they are from the same manufacturer.

I checked my MT rollers and the .2 and .5 both have a shorter needle or 2 along one outside edge. The 1.5 seems fine. Not sure this is enuf to worry about, but I may not buy the MT again when I need to reorder.

I also took a closer look at my Dr Roller and it seems very well built. I had to buy the MT 1.5 as a replacement since I had dropped the Dr Roller and bent a couple of needles long ago. I removed the bent ones, so besides that, it is a good roller. I actually like the cross-hatching of the needles on the Dr Roller better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Make sure you keep us up to date on how this works out for you sis. Nice to hear the early results sound so good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Miranda and Foxe - will do. I think it might be the skin signals (but who knows). I'll try to see about the lasting effect. I know my hands are really coming along. They get the same treatment as facial skin (and need it).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Sis, that IS a lot. You are worse than I am... Very Happy I am using Matrixyl from NCN on my lips before dermarolling, then a littl epoly followed by a lip balm with Matrixyl. I am also LOVING the Angel strips. I can hold them in perfectly. For the first three days or so they kept popping out but that soon resolved. I can see the deeper NL cleft pushing outwards. I just ordered some SS from the Canadian rep. So exciting...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
For anybody interested EDS will be stocking Skin Signals by the end of the month.
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
I have been micro-needling my lips with a 0.5mm roller and applying Vitamin C, Tretinoin, and Matrixyl 3000 immediately afterward. I used to use Ultra Low Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid instead of Matrixyl.

First of all, I don't think either of the Hyaluronic Acid or Matrixyl did much for my wrinkles as it has for my lips. I don't know if I like Matrixyl as much as I liked Hyaluronic Acid. When I run out of Matrixyl, I will go back to Hyaluronic Acid and I will try to report my results. I think Hyaluronic Acid may have produced better plumping results but it is rather minor so it is hard to tell.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Can dermarolling make the pores bigger or impede the skin's ability to generate collagen on its own? Im so sorry if this question sounds dumb. But I tried dermarolling for my acne scars and I didnt see any improvement. I noticed my pores becoming bigger, not sure if it was a coincidence. Also recently my acne leaves scars whereas in the past they dont. Sad
Im not sure if I didnt roll correctly and Im hesistant to try again for my scars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
faerie, I have never heard of dermarolling making the pores larger. I haven't noticed it myself either. What products are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I would think rolling might improve the pores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I think I was using skinactives and GOW products. I have no idea why my pores have become larger recently within the past 6mths.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I once rolled with my 0.2mm in the morning and thought my pores looked much larger. The effect went away during the day. Now I only roll just before I go to bed so if my pores looked more open afterwards, it's not something I will notice.

Have you tried drybrushing? A few of us are having great results with the drybrushing/rolling combo.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a dry brush recently but have not received it. Im going to try dermarolling again. Im not sure if I resume using the dr roller ones or try the ones from owndoc. I have the dr roller ons but I noticed that the plastic cracked despite using it a few times (probably 5).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE - on Sebacious Hyperplasia

GONE! I treated 3 separate ones that were small. Two on forehead and one on temple. One on the forehead was a bit larger - more formed.

I used a single needle on them poking them many, many times and then applied Skin Biology's Super Cop 2X (CP) which is the strongest CP they have (most concentration of CPs). It stung a bit going in and the SHs were red for a few days - perhaps 3?

After 5 days they looked like they were flattening - esp the largest one (I may have 'needled that one more) and at the 1 week mark, the largest one is gone! I see a 'pore', but no impression of a bump around the pore. The pore is also smaller - more like the surrounding one. The other SHs also look flatter and I think that with more time, they will also disappear.

This was the first time I had used a single needle on them and have been using CPs and acids or retin A on them for quite a while. I believe the SHs have a tougher 'skin' and make it harder for products to penetrate. The needling helped get the CPs in deeper and able to do their 'remodeling' which they are known for. I have had these SHs for years and years.

I have the single needles from owndoc.com.

I have also used the single needles on some ice pick acne scars and have seen those become shallower/less deep. I have needled those with CPs immediately after twice. I believe one or two more Tx will smooth those out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
foxe that's wonderful news. If you were to stop treating this area would they come back?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
foxe that's wonderful news. If you were to stop treating this area would they come back?

That's a good question and I don't know the answer to that. The thing about SH is they seem prevalent on ppl with very oily skin and I've heard of others who continue to get new ones. It's possible that w/ my CP use (and Retin A or acids) that I've been able to keep them from cropping up so much. I had already had these, though, and not much got rid of them before.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi foxe,

do you use a 1.5 dermaroller aswell as the single needles? Apols if i've asked you this before (I know I asked it somewhere, but can't find it) - but I just wanted to know how you might use it along side of your 1.5?

thanks

Jackie xx
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |