Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
marta1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Michela wrote:
sorry for a second post! forgot to quote in the first one.

jjbeacham wrote:
Another thought: the instructions that came with my Dermaroller (the original Dermaroller brand with 0.2mm needles) say to begin with twice a week rolling, and once your skin adapts, you may go up to 3-5 times per week for product penetration. A deep roll you should only do once every 4-6 weeks, depending on how your skin heals.

So as long as we do not roll too deep, it's safe to roll for penetration a few times a week?

It is safe because short needles do not cause a long term or deep inflammation. As far as I understood the reason why not to roll very often with long needles is because your skin would be in the state of deep inflammation too often and it is not good for the skin.
Sandymay
5% products discount

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I bought the TX Roller by Leaf & Rusher. I rolled in my Isomers serums, a cocktail of One 300 for face, matrixyl 20% solution, age-immunity stress defensin formula, vitamin C & E serum and retiniacin. I rolled in a star pattern.

I want to ask why (besides the stinging) shouldn't you roll retin/retinol into your skin? Wouldn't it help accelerate the results? The retiniacin ingredients are:

Aqua/Water/Eau, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Niacinamide, Rh-Oligopeptide-1, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Retinol, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone.

My face is still a bit sensitive/reddish after 24 hours, but I can live with that if the benefits are worth it.

Thanks,

-Sandy
Serena1018

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hey everyone!

I have been rolling for two months. The tool I use has 200 surgical grade, stainless steel acupuncture micro-needles and creates safe micro-channels in the top layer of your skin, allowing for product penetration to lower layers of your skin. The product I use after rolling are single dose capsules (primarily a peptide/retinol serum)

The results I have seen from my tool and products are AMAZING! My skin is very fair and sensitive. The tool and serum have not irritated it at all.

Smile Serena
Miffny
5% products discount

Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I just bought a dermal roller stainless steel 0.5mm with 192 needles, I was told not to use Retrieve 0.5% or any actives as they go straight into your bloodsteam & kidneys.

I have used the roller only 3 times my skin is rather red & very hot with a little flaking but tonight not so red or hot so that is a good thing.

So Iam just using rosehip oil after needling , I want to firm & fill my face I have Super CP serum as well & also told not to use any actives for 4 to 6 hours after ....any recs of what I can try?.

TIA Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt a .5 roller is going to cause enough deep channeling to create a rush of product to the kidneys etc.

I would press lightly and use it to help penetration of product through the outer skin layer. I use mine with CP's all the time. Apply the CP or sometimes I use some skinactives product (Let's make collagen or marine nutrient ) ... Roll it in... than follow up with a good dose of a yummy lipid like ELS from skinactives or other similar goodies I have.

5% products discount

Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I just got a disturbing email from skin actives her exact words are "Please don't use the dermaroller, it will cause skin inflammation and that will age your skin faster".

Oh no !!!!!!!!!!!!
Miffny
5% products discount

Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
acording to skin actives dermaroller's will cause skin inflammation and that will age your skin faster".
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've got the .25 roller for product penetration and also the 1.5 for once a month for collagen.

Are people here rolling ON their lips? WOW. How painful is that? Does it do anything?

Also - does anyone use Super CP Serum right after a roll? If you roll your lips, can you use CP there, too?

Very interesting . . . !
vero
5% products discount

Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Miffny wrote:
acording to skin actives dermaroller's will cause skin inflammation and that will age your skin faster".

Excuse me that I ask, but I'm very curious about this subject. What did You ask at skin actives ? Have They give You more details about the side effects of dermaroller ?
jhillo
5% products discount

Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm worried here! I had some really uncomfortable burning sensation last night! I used the derma roller 0.5 then put on skinactive "Restoration Cream" (http://www.skinactives.com/Restoration-Cream.html)

I thought it was supposed to heal but it actually felt so uncomfortable I had to wash it off. Confused

Skin gurus PLEASE let me know if anything in this cream could have been too much (irritating or damaging) for my skin after rolling??

The ingredients are:
Water, jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) seed oil, sea kelp bioferment, sorbitol, butylene glycol, cetyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, PEG-100 stearate, stearyl alcohol, sesame (Sesamum indicum) seed oil, almond (Prunus amygdalus dulcis ) oil, avocado (Persea gratissima) oil, Pomegranate (Punica granatum) seed oil, rosehip (Rosa affinis rubiginosa) seed oil, natural active peptides, fucoidan, Indian pennyworth (Centella asiatica) extract, L-carnosine, ceramides, Aloe vera polysaccharides (mannnans), Indian frankincense (Boswellia serrata ) extract , coconut (Cocos nucifera) endosperm, sodium hyaluronate, copper peptide (GHK copper), glycerol, epidermal growth factor, astaxanthin (and) lycopene (and) alpha-D-tocopherol (and) tocotrienols (and) lutein (and) alpha lipoic acid, polysorbate 20, citric acid, dimethicone, carbomer, triethanolamine, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol methylparaben, propylparaben.

btw, I truly love skinactives and all their other products!! It was just this one I felt was too strong for after a rolling session.
sonja

Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I just received my 0.5 Dermaroller, but am already confused.
What is the best way to disinfect the roller AND my face?
All I can get here is either 70USP Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, OR, 95% ethyl alcohol.

on the dermaroller website it states that both are not suitable for disinfecting the rollers as they damage it.
WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO USE??

also, regarding disinfecting the skin on my face before dermarolling, I can not use any of the above products. they are too harsh.

What would be the best product to disinfect my facial skin??

hopefully somebody can help
sherthebrave

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
There is an explanation on cleaning and disinfecting of dermarollers at website:: dermaroller.owndoc. com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf pages 2 and 16.

She suggests alcohol containing at least 45% alcohols, specifically a 50 to 75% Ethanol alcohol, OR a 2% or 0.5% solution of Chloramine-T (lower concentration for overnight soaking).

She goes on to say a concentration above 30% of isopropanol alcohol can damage a roller.

She also has a forum specific to dermarollering. I found it useful. I like this thread for simplicity's sake: website:: forum.owndoc. com/showthread.php?347-Best-Skin-Care-Routine.

Good luck!!

(note: I have left a space before the "com" in the website URLs, so you must remove the space when going to that website, it will not directly link by clicking.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I found ethanol alcohol at CVS, it is green for anyone interested!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is where I just bought my dermaroller! It's also where I bought other things to help this process like Vit C, 0.05% Retinoic acid (Tretinoin), the sterilizer mentioned by sherthebrave, and the Vit. A & D ointment you're supposed to use after needling. I cannot believe how much valuable information is on this site. Plus the forum is a great source of information...

sherthebrave wrote:
There is an explanation on cleaning and disinfecting of dermarollers at website:: dermaroller.owndoc. com/dermaroller-instructions.pdf pages 2 and 16.

She suggests alcohol containing at least 45% alcohols, specifically a 50 to 75% Ethanol alcohol, OR a 2% or 0.5% solution of Chloramine-T (lower concentration for overnight soaking).

She goes on to say a concentration above 30% of isopropanol alcohol can damage a roller.

She also has a forum specific to dermarollering. I found it useful. I like this thread for simplicity's sake: website:: forum.owndoc. com/showthread.php?347-Best-Skin-Care-Routine.

Good luck!!

(note: I have left a space before the "com" in the website URLs, so you must remove the space when going to that website, it will not directly link by clicking.)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
I agree! I wouldn't even been trying to dermaroll if it wasn't for the constant help from Sarah Vaughn at owndoc. She's amazing as is her website - I owe her for my improved skin! AND her prices are so fair.
esn27

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site and have just started dermarolling myself after doing a hell of a lot of research first and reading this thread.

Luckily I have always had good skin, never really any problem apart from the odd tripple pimple during my cycle which I can cope with, but as I turn the big four zero next year thought it was time to start the game of prevention. I got an 0.5 ZGTS TITANIUM Microneedle Derma roller from eBay. And have used it three times, twice a week so far. Initially I think I may have been heavy handed the first two times, skin didn't bleed thank God, but did suffer that deep itch you can get with the great sting when I used my retin a and Vit C serum. I am also using bio oil to even my skintone out a bit and help with the tightness.
So far been impressed with how my products are being absorbed and acting on my skin. My skin did start feeling very tight and turning over (flaking) a hell of a lot but I guess that's the retin a really taking effect. My only concern is if you inspect my skin closely and I do mean you have to be up close, you can see tiny track marks of where I've rolled. Is that normal? Am I being too heavy handed? I have to say its not painful when I roll, I just dont want to be causing any damage. As for cleaning I have been soaking my roller in surgical solution & boiling water which hasn't caused me any isses so far. Intend on rolling twice a week for 6 weeks and then having a break for 2-3 months before repeating again. Question do I have to roll for life now?
Exx
cupcakez
5% products discount

Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I'm really interested in dermal rolling & I think it could definitely benefit me but I am a bit put off by a few conflicting views. Some say frequent dermal rolling (<0.5mm) for product penetration can cause micro inflammation and actually do more harm than good long term. This worries me... If there is even a chance of this happening I don't think I will pursue it (I would probably rather just do one roll with a 1mm and leave it at that for a good 6+ months) But the idea of increasing topical penetration sounds great - and obviously ladies on this board are having results; But with my history (I ruined my skin with a mild chemical peel years ago) I'm so paranoid now of doing anything.

I remember reading someone say some doctor (?) had refuted the claims of micro-inflammation with small needles and had the studies to prove it.. If anyone has any information on this I'd love to read it.

Also, Is anyone with acne scars rolling? Have the needles made scars worse?

Thank you!
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Sister, if you are still watching this thread - what about rolling in NCN DNA serum? Have you tried that?

I think we can also get product penetration with ultrasound gadgets. I think I read 2mhz is good for that.
feelbetter

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi. I haven't dermarolled before. Well the thing is, i'm 18 years of age, but you wouldn't think it looking at my skin. Years of acne and harsh treatment has made my skin older. I have quite a few fine lines, not of them are deep, but there's many of them. Also, some shallow acne scars and general uneven scars. Would a 0.2mm, possibly aggressive at times (i.e. a lot of pressue) provide me with results? What topicals should I use? i have made a vitamin c serum which has yielded no results, so something different, thanks.
mommydearest
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Feelbetter,

Sorry I don't have an answer for you since I am just trying to figure this out for myself. I know for me a .2 will not go deep enough for anything but helping with penetration of product. But helping to penetrate the right product can help scars and irregularity too. You are young and your skin is softer so maybe it can work for scar tissue. I am lots older than you but still getting used to a .13 roller for all over. I am planning on getting a dermastamp and single needle for isolated spots.

I am sure there are people here who can give you more specific answers but younger skin might need a different approach. If you have not been to owndoc and skinbiology sites, then you should give them a try too. You can talk to people at the Skin Biology site. Some people have been able to improve acne scars even without the needling and just using their products. You can also start off with your .2 roller and a copper peptide. You should talk to them first about that though before purchasing. You can also email the doctor directly but it takes a week or two to hear back from him.

You might want to post your question on http://owndoc.com/ that people have been talking about here. The woman who runs the forum is very generous and knowledgeable. I think I have seen a number of posts by young people there who she has helped. She suggests using Copper Peptides and some form of Vit A and C along with the rolling but has also told me they are not absolutely necessary. I think she just thinks it can help. She has tons of information on there so try to read as many of the old posts as you can. Most of your answers are probably already on there. The good news is it is a lot easier to remodel young skin than those of us who have been living with scars for decades!

5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I wanted to use a Dermaroller for product penetration (like everybody on this thread, lol)
But still can’t get some little things totally clear.

Question 1:
How often is recommended to use the Dermaroller for product penetration only,
if you have very sensitive and thin skin?
Once a week, twice a week, or maybe three days a week?

Question 2
From what i’ve read i understand that you can
1.Put the skin care product on your skin and then roll it in with the dermaroller
2.First roll the skin and then apply the skin care product.

If i first roll the skin and after that applying a skin care product (option 2)
How much time there should be between rolling your skin and putting the product on?

Question 3
How should i combine derma rolling with acids like vitamin a/c.
Because they are kind of harsh acids...

I really hope anyone wants to help me;d!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I really haven't rolled for product penetration only, but I'm going to start. I'm not sure about frequency. Actually, I'm not sure about anything regarding this procedure (prod. penetration). It seems like I recall reading something about after rolling, your pores are open for about 20 minutes. I believe most people apply their topical and then roll it in. Wow, I've got a lot to learn. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
One of these days I'm gonna woman up and try this...

Do any of you incorporate white tea extract for the nourishment they provide the skin? It has anti-collagenase and anti-elastase activities...

So many botanicals, so little time...Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
One of these days I'm gonna woman up and try this...

Do any of you incorporate white tea extract for the nourishment they provide the skin? It has anti-collagenase and anti-elastase activities...

So many botanicals, so little time...Laughing

I keep thinking the same I will "grow a set" and finally try rolling, but haven't gotten there just yet! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I understand the initial hesitation (or revulsion if you will, lol) - I had it....

Once you get past it, like a lot of things...you get used to it - especially with the shortest needles.

With the longer (1 - 1.5) - I still struggle with the concept of actually *pushing* the needles into my skin...it goes against human nature to inflict pain on oneself, lol - that's why I am currently looking at the personal use DermaPen or similar device from Bellaire. I like the fact that the motor would do it for me - helping to get over that hurdle...also faster and covering more skin areas.

BFG
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |