Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Dermarolling for Product Penetration ONLY
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I decided that for now I am going to skip the product penetration rolls, and just stick to my regular routine during the week. Going to do the 1.0mm body wide once a month, and stop chemical peels for now. Maybe some time in the future I will go to the smaller rolls a couple of times a week, after my skin (hopefully) toughens up.

When I do I will definitely put the GHK on right away, since I know with those smaller rolls the channels close up quickly.

Aside from the inflammation worry with the smaller rolls, I want to quit them for now just to get an idea of what the bigger rolls alone can do for me. As it is I started peels pretty close to starting CPs and Vitamin C serum, and now I can't say which has helped the most. Better to start one thing at a time I think, before locking myself into yet more procedures I may or may not need! Smile I am really hoping that doing the once a month 1.0 rolls gives me enough of an improvement on its own.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, good luck!
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Can't believe it took me 5 years to do this, but I'm happy to say I'm now a dermarolling ho!

- 4 treatments with .25mm and 1 with .05 mm
- no wine, numbing product or what I would call pain
- I was pretty aggressive with 10 vertical/10 horizontal passes over every section of face, neck, chest and tops of hands, and pressed very hard
- No blood and really no noticeable swelling. Neck/chest got bright red, face just a very deep pink. Back to normal in a few hours
- No itching or sneezing..( Laughing ) Just a kind of burning/pinching sensation for about an hour, that I would liken to a bee sting
- I'm noticing (in a 10Xmag mirror) flakiness 2 days after each roll which seems to reveal softer skin after I remove it.

Personally, I don't think the .05mm is long enough for my facial skin. I think I will need to try the .75 or 1mm in order to achieve CIT. I didn't realize how plump and thick my facial skin was until I did this. I'm assuming this is the reason I haven't experienced any swelling or even near the redness I saw on my chest... Confused

It makes sense to me that different size needles would be valuable for different skin areas, so my plan is to bump up a size for my face and continue with the .05 for my chest, hands and (maybe?) the neck.

My products are sinking in quickly and thoroughly, and I'm really happy I finally got off my arse and did this.. I am finding myself anxiously looking forward to each roll... Bad Grin

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
About time Kassy!!! I don't bleed either, or suffer any real pain. Maybe it's all the LED treatments we've done - but I certainly don't get the severe reactions that others do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Good to hear Kassy!

I have built up to about 3 times a week with the .2mm. My face seems to be getting used to it, still red but not itchy or too stingy? My neck and hands are still sore and very itchy.

I am doing a 1.5mm every 5-6 weeks, my fifth one is due in about 2 weeks? I need to check that Confused I have forgotten the date I did the last one, damn!!
I am a little worried about this nearly constant inflammation? It is definitely doing something as I can use pretty strong CP's (Triduct) with absolutely so problems, but when I use my Skin Signals after the .2mm roll I get a sting!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Can't believe it took me 5 years to do this, but I'm happy to say I'm now a dermarolling ho!

- 4 treatments with .25mm and 1 with .05 mm
- no wine, numbing product or what I would call pain
- I was pretty aggressive with 10 vertical/10 horizontal passes over every section of face, neck, chest and tops of hands, and pressed very hard
- No blood and really no noticeable swelling. Neck/chest got bright red, face just a very deep pink. Back to normal in a few hours
- No itching or sneezing..( Laughing ) Just a kind of burning/pinching sensation for about an hour, that I would liken to a bee sting
- I'm noticing (in a 10Xmag mirror) flakiness 2 days after each roll which seems to reveal softer skin after I remove it.

Personally, I don't think the .05mm is long enough for my facial skin. I think I will need to try the .75 or 1mm in order to achieve CIT. I didn't realize how plump and thick my facial skin was until I did this. I'm assuming this is the reason I haven't experienced any swelling or even near the redness I saw on my chest... Confused

It makes sense to me that different size needles would be valuable for different skin areas, so my plan is to bump up a size for my face and continue with the .05 for my chest, hands and (maybe?) the neck.

My products are sinking in quickly and thoroughly, and I'm really happy I finally got off my arse and did this.. I am finding myself anxiously looking forward to each roll... Bad Grin

Where did u get your rollers from Kassy? And how many times a week are you planning on using the roller? thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
@Keliu; You said it! Laughing And I never thought of that with the LED use, you might be onto something there. I haven't had time to use it more than once or twice a month, but I guess at this point, maintenance is enough. (5 years next month)

@Bermie; I did the .25 last night with a kicked up concoction, and today my neck felt a little tingly + just a wee bit itchy.. Up till now, I didn't feel any itching at all. I'm not sore at all, and the pinkness/redness goes away completely by the 2 hour(ish) mark.

Have you given any though to coming down a size from the 1.5, after considering the new data indicating the .05 is sufficient for CIT? I'm so on the fence and ready to order the .75 (just for my cheeks at least), because I'm not sure the .05 gets deep enough there.) I don't know that I'm patient enough to wait many months (using the .05), and then finding it wasn't quite enough.. Confused On the other hand, I don't want to expose myself to more acute inflammation than is absolutely necessary.. Oy! What's a girl to do... Confused

@nuttymadam; I found an e-bay seller that also lives in Florida (so I get it way quick), and she sells all manner of skincare goodies.. So far I purchased the .02 3 line, .25 and .05 ... All are "MT Rollers". If I did it right, this should be the roller Embarassed http://www.ebay.com/itm/150369744867?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

My plan (so far) is to continue every 3 days with the .25 roll and monthly with the .05... My journey began on July 20th..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
@Keliu; You said it! Laughing And I never thought of that with the LED use, you might be onto something there. I haven't had time to use it more than once or twice a month, but I guess at this point, maintenance is enough. (5 years next month)

Note: I've always done an LED treatment after a deep roll. Some have said that this isn't a good idea because you lessen the inflammation process. But I've always thought that it might speed up the whole thing and aid in recovery. Apparently some clinics who offer dermarolling also adopt this protocol. Anyway, I just go with my gut feeling, and it feels "right" to me!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Areas of epidermis thickness Roller size

Around the eye area, lips 0.25mm
Neck, decollete, wrists 0.30mm
Forehead 0.50mm
Cheeks, chin - fair skin 0.75mm
Cheeks, chin 1.00mm
Arms, abdomen 1.50mm
Thighs, scalp 2.00mm
Thighs, scalp, scar tissues 2.50mm
Scar tissues 3.00mm

So now I'm wondering if I'm doing more harm than good rolling my neck and chest 3(ish) X week with the .25

I've also been going at it with gusto all around my eyes... Anxious

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Areas of epidermis thickness Roller size

Around the eye area, lips 0.25mm
Neck, decollete, wrists 0.30mm
Forehead 0.50mm
Cheeks, chin - fair skin 0.75mm
Cheeks, chin 1.00mm
Arms, abdomen 1.50mm
Thighs, scalp 2.00mm
Thighs, scalp, scar tissues 2.50mm
Scar tissues 3.00mm

So now I'm wondering if I'm doing more harm than good rolling my neck and chest 3(ish) X week with the .25

I've also been going at it with gusto all around my eyes... Anxious

Why?? .25mm is less than .3mm which is what is recommended for eyes and chest. I would just listen to your skin - you'll soon know if you are over-doing it.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Keliu. There is no question that .2 is too strong for me twice a week. It just doesn't feel right. I think you would know if you were doing more harm than good. You probably have nice strong skin. I'm hoping to one day...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

Note: I've always done an LED treatment after a deep roll. Some have said that this isn't a good idea because you lessen the inflammation process. But I've always thought that it might speed up the whole thing and aid in recovery. Apparently some clinics who offer dermarolling also adopt this protocol. Anyway, I just go with my gut feeling, and it feels "right" to me!

I agree with Beth's input and findings regarding the inflammatory process... My *tweaking* on the amount of time to allow the inflammation unimpeded would be about 2(ish) days. I would not use anti-inlammatory products until the "proliferation" phase, which would be when redness, swelling or itching has ceased. BUT, for each person acute inflammation will be very different.. Some will be back to normal in a day or two, and others will deal with redness, swelling etc for longer periods of time. Needle length will also play a a huge part in the inflammatory process.

I honestly don't think anything about the dermarolling experience is "cookie cutter"... Everybody's experience will vary somewhat.

I love reading everybody's experiences and have been fascinated with the subject since I read about it here when I joined...(Apparently I lived under a rock prior, because I never had a clue about any of the things I since learned about here.. Laughing )

Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Why?? .25mm is less than .3mm which is what is recommended for eyes and chest. I would just listen to your skin - you'll soon know if you are over-doing it.

Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Just wondered if it was too close for comfort...

You're right though, I'll just "listen to my skin". Time to practice what I preach.. Wink

What size are you using these days Keliu?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Keliu wrote:

Laughing Bad Grin Laughing Just wondered if it was too close for comfort...

You're right though, I'll just "listen to my skin". Time to practice what I preach.. Wink

What size are you using these days Keliu?

I have a 1.00mm and 0.5mm. I've ordered a 0.2mm from OwnDoc but it still hasn't arrived and I'm sick of waiting. I've just discovered a clinic in my area is selling them, so I might go and grab one of theirs. I have the Midik8 Growth Factor serum and want to get started rolling it in.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Way to go Kassy

It does get quite addictive, Im doing .25mm twice a week, I don't think my skin could take much more than 3x ,so Im building up to the 3 and going to leave it with that frequency and with the 1 mm monthly rolls for about 6 months and reassess.

Its such a "long term" thing sometimes get fed up with the waiting Rolling Eyes

My skin does get really stingy with the products on afterwards,also with the rolling in ( I do the rolling in products every other time )

We had better all have skins like babies after all this madness

Bad Grin Bad Grin Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
@Sylvia; I couldn't agree more! My plan of action is about the same as yours...(except I'll be sticking with the .05 for now..)

@Keliu; Did you check the ingredients for 'Medik8 Growth Factor'

Water (Aqua), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Lecithin, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

You could easily DIY this with ease and leave out the polymers and coloring ingredients.. (You might get some significant 'burning' if you roll that in also.. Shock ) Check the pH when you get it!

I'm still debating whether I want to incorporate LED use "before" or "after" rolling. I'm leaning toward "before" though because, 1.) I want to get the lymph moving, 2) I want to target the ATP, 3.) I like the way my skin absorbs product 'after' my LED treatments and 4.) I don't want to interrupt the little bit of acute inflammation that is bringing all those beneficial blood cells to the epidermis.

With my monthly .5 roll, I will be staying away from anything anti-inflammatory for 2 days.. (Until all physical signs of inflammation have subsided..redness, swelling, burning, itching etc.) I'm a really quick healer..Laughing

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
@Keliu; Did you check the ingredients for 'Medik8 Growth Factor'

Water (Aqua), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Panthenol, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Lecithin, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

You could easily DIY this with ease and leave out the polymers and coloring ingredients.. (You might get some significant 'burning' if you roll that in also.. Shock ) Check the pH when you get it!

I'm still debating whether I want to incorporate LED use "before" or "after" rolling. I'm leaning toward "before" though because, 1.) I want to get the lymph moving, 2) I want to target the ATP, 3.) I like the way my skin absorbs product 'after' my LED treatments and 4.) I don't want to interrupt the little bit of acute inflammation that is bringing all those beneficial blood cells to the epidermis.

I've used the Medik8 and didn't get any burning. I've ordered two bottles (one by mistake Rolling Eyes ) - doubt that I will re-order.

I'm thinking that LED brings the blood to the skin's surface - I don't know whether that's a good thing to do before a roll. I like to roll, apply product, then do LED - but I really have no justification for this - other than LED MAY intensify the whole process.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
......With my monthly .5 roll, I will be staying away from anything anti-inflammatory for 2 days......

Hi Kassy,

What do you put on your skin after rolling? I agree that collagen may be produced more with the presence of slight inflammation.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
......With my monthly .5 roll, I will be staying away from anything anti-inflammatory for 2 days......

Hi Kassy,

What do you put on your skin after rolling? I agree that collagen may be produced more with the presence of slight inflammation.

I've been really piling on A,C,E, beta carotenes & CoQ10 in a base of mixed carrier oils.

I just came up with a new recipe that is a water/aloe gel base, that I'm planning to use before & after rolling, and then put my oil based serum on top of it..

I just finished putting it in the 'batch size calculator', and I'll let you know if it winds up on my face or down the drain, once I throw it together in a bit.. (Fingers crossed xxx)

I'm using the following ingredients/actives;

Aloe juice (which I'll make into gel)
Distilled Water
Glycerin
Niacinamide
DL Panthenol
MSM
Grapeseed Extract
Grapefruit Seed Extract
Greentea Extract
Willowbark Extract
Matrixyl 3000
*DMAE* (considering just adding 1 or 2%)
Disodium EDTA
Sodium Carbomer

summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,

You put decent ingredients together!
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:26 am      Reply with quote
At the moment I am going to stick with 2 or 3 times a week of the .2mm and
once every 6 weeks with the 1.5mm. I have also used a .5 but think I will stick with the 1.5 for now. I have done 4 or 5 already?

A question.. I don't know if it is a coincidence or what but I am getting some slight pigmentation coming out on my cheekbones (or at least where my cheekbones should be. Sad ) and I am wondering if the rolling is bringing up hidden damage? I'm not too sure I like that idea!
any ideas?

really thinking I may have to have some IPL.

Liking the sound of that serum Kassy! Have you tried it yet?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Sound good?

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Revolution_Complete_A_B_C_E/765

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Revolution_A/127?category=210
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:16 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Sound good?

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Revolution_Complete_A_B_C_E/765

http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Revolution_A/127?category=210

I wonder if the A,b,c,e could be a good substitute for Environ products? I like that you can mix the product yourself so you don't have to worry about freshness. Bethany or Rileygirl, how do you think this compares to the Environ products you are using? Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I don't know anything about this roller but saw this deal on Groupon if anyone is interested. In the Q&A section it says it is made by ORA sold at makemeheal and is a.02 size.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-derma-roller-and-collagen-cream?c=all&p=8

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I AM IN LOVE WITH MY DERMAROLLERS (.25mm + .05mm)

After just over the one month mark, I've done 2 rolls with the .05mm, and about 8 with the .25mm.

I would love to roll for product penetration nightly (or 5 times/wk), but I'm not sure if it's overkill... I'd love to hear thoughts from those who do very frequent rolls.. Very Happy

@Bermie + Summer.. I nixed the DMAE, added CoQ10, Alpha Lipoic Acid + Allantoin, and put it in a 70/30 water/oil base Wink

So many goodies, so little time... Laughing

I'm shocked that the "dermaroller" threads are fairly quiet. My skin seems to be responding wonderfully in just one month.

*Kicking myself in the arse for procrastinating for so many years* Sad Oh, to be 40 again.......argh!

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |