Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those who are resistant to schlero.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried schlero on and off for years for spider veins. It either did nothing at all to them, or caused a breakout of matting. It did work to close the blue varicose veins that were visible, just not the spider veins.
So I tried a new Dr a while ago, who is trained in phlebology. She did a couple of trial patches. She used the usual solution of polydocanol at a higher concentration (something no other Dr had ever mentioned trying). And in another area she tried an old solution she calls STS. Well the STS worked wonders on that area.
She then sent me off for ultrasound guided schlero as she knew I must have some deep veins that aren't visible that is causing most of my problems. I had some problem veins in both legs, and they were done separately a few weeks apart. After they were checked again with the ultrasound and shown to be shut down, I went back to my Dr for the spider vein treatment with the STS.
Long story short, I'm ecstastic!!! I can't believe I'm finally going to be vein free. One leg is done, and the other will be done next week.
So for those of you who are resistant to polydocanol there is an alternative with STS or solution strengths.

HTH.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the interesting info, Mishey. I've also been getting my legs done for some years, mostly with good results, but I've also had issues with "matting", twice I think, in different areas although it eventually disappeared. I will be looking into this STS stuff..also had no idea there were different strengths of the solution. I need to get "done" again soon (my feet in particular are starting to look a bit nasty) and will ask my doc about options.

And congrats on your fabulous new legs Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Do you have to wear compression stockings after the treatment?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Appletini, I'm sooo happy. Very Happy
I'll happily be wearing shorts this year. Something I'd started becoming embarrassed to do over the last couple of years. And I asked my Dr why no one has mentioned different strengths before and she said because most aren't trained enough to even know about it.

Keliu yes you do wear support stockings. With the bigger deep veins you wear the stockings for 1 week 24/7, then during the day only for at least one more week, but better for 3 more weeks. You get so used to it you don't even know you're wearing them in the end. With the spider veins you only have to wear the stocking for a week 24/7. I'm wearing them during the day for an extra week, just to be safe. It sure can't hurt.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |