Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Stop the Cosmetic Tax!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Cleocatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
It's been awhile since I posted here, but life goes on.

I don't know if this is posted elsewhere on this site, I searched, but found nothing. So if it's already here, forgive me.

I was reading about this tax earlier today and found a petition for opposing it. For those of you who think this tax for cosmetic procedures is just plant ridiculous, I'd suggest signing the petition.
Check it out for yourselves, think for yourselves and decide for yourselves.

http://capwiz.com/asds/issues/alert/?alertid=14408291
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I live in OZ I am happy to go to bat for you all and sign away. I think additional taxes are just rediculous!!!
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to "Obama-World"!

I'll keep all of my hard earned money, property, and assets.... you can keep the "Change"!

2012 can't come fast enough in my opinion.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
NOTCH wrote:
Welcome to "Obama-World"!

I'll keep all of my hard earned money, property, and assets.... you can keep the "Change"!

2012 can't come fast enough in my opinion.

John

It is not PC, but I totally agree.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Not an American but this is what I read on the petition:

The U.S. Senate health care reform bill (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act) contains a proposed 5 percent tax on "elective cosmetic medical procedures." While this may look like an attractive option to Senators looking for ways to pay for health care reform, we know that:
Cosmetic medical procedures taxes are an unreliable and risky revenue source, which has proved to be a failure at the state level;
A tax on cosmetic surgery discriminates against working women;
The definition of cosmetic procedures is arbitrary and almost impossible to administer; and
enforcement would necessitate review of patient medical records by tax collectors, a clear invasion of privacy.

Just wanted to say that is sounds like elective procedures only; to me this would include face lifts, injections such as botox etc BUT does not refer to cosmetic products. Perhaps I am mistaken?

Just to let you know, Canada has a Goods and Services tax as do many countries. We pay a tax on ALL services provided. That includes things like haircuts, plumbers, retail products ... you name it! There are a few exclusions but not many. It currently amounts to 5% of the price charged to the consumer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ladies (and gentlemen),

I could not agree with you more.
I think if to look at all the hidden taxes we pay plus all the explicit taxes, we are the most taxed nation and getting very little in return. So sad.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |