Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
any lotions that will keep my face from being so dry?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:34 am      Reply with quote
i have VERY dry skin. Been suffering from Psoriasis for about 13 years now. Anyone know of a good lotiont hat will keep my face from being so dry? Especially around the nose area? thanks a bunches!
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
what helped for me was taking flaxseed oil and codliver oil. I saw a diffrence in a few days.
Lotions don't do very well for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I have just recently become interested in natural oils and have found they really help with dry skin. I use them at night, sometimes full strength. There are tons to choose from and garden of wisdom has samples you can purchase. If you google carrier oils, you will find lots of information. Also, it's important to look for cold pressed oils. Smile
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm using CeraVe cream for the first time and am LOVING it. I just wish it came in a tube instead of one huge jar. It sinks in quickly, is completely matte and moisturizes my very dry skin beautifully. Plus it's cheap!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
i agree taking suppliments with EFA's in them are far more effective than moisturizer. i have the same problem as you along with the winter in canada my skin became extremely dry i tried about 6 creams for 'dry skin' and none of them were as effective as taking more EFA's in my diett.
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen-what do you mean by EFA'S?? I dont know that much about them at all. What are they? (:

TAMgirl99-Where can i find CeraVe, i'm very interested! I dont mind a jar so much if it helps my dry skin.

Thank you guys so much!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
smokinsavsy wrote:
smqueen-what do you mean by EFA'S?? I dont know that much about them at all. What are they? (:

TAMgirl99-Where can i find CeraVe, i'm very interested! I dont mind a jar so much if it helps my dry skin.

Thank you guys so much!

Not Smqueen but EFA'S = Essential Fatty Acids, the body doesnt naturally produce EFA's so we need to incorporate foods in our diet that are rich in good fats, for example:
Flaxseed oil, nuts, salmon, avocados, fish oils, olive oil ect.
HTHS
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Also perhaps trying an oil that is rich in EFA's I really like rosehip oil, then layer with a nourishing type cream.
Goodluck Smile
lils

Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love Aloe Vera lotion. It works so well for me and my dry skin.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
i don't have psoriasis but a few years back they were constantly advertising a dry skin/psoriasis product called skin zinc. for the fist while you could only obtain it from the toll free number. then later i purchased it from shopper's drug mart. yes, i'm weird that way... when i'm bored i start experimenting with things. i think the skin zinc was $50 when i purchased it. you have to shake the solution and refrigerate it. its a milky solution and i think it smelt a tad. i can't tell you the results sorry. after a few applications, i came to my senses and realized i shouldn't be playing around with stuff like zinc. *wondering if zinc is toxic* i read that even 100% application of tee tree oil is toxic.* i have discovered that the valmont soothing dermo cream is doing wonders on my face. day after day, i find great relief in it. prior to finding soothing dermo cream, the only other thing that could calm my face down was regular nivea. i would cake it on in the morning and evenings, wait for at least 1/2 hr, and wipe off. i tried most of the natural oils... olive, saf, avacado, whatever was at the health food store, and have tried i think most of the major brands.. eg lush, body shop, shiseido, clinique, etc. perhaps you could online request a sample from skin zinc, or valmont, or try some nivea? good luck! i know dry skin is sooooooo painful.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Step it up to something richer for the winter time. A very thick lovely cream for super dry skin could be the Ginseng moisturizer by Biovera.
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow really? Is Biovera just a .com i can go too?
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
llina-where can i purchase skin zinc? It sounds like something i have heard of before. If it can help my psoriasis to not look as red and flaky then its worth a try IMO.You are so sweet to help me like this. I have tried Nivea and it didnt do too much for me. I haven't tried valmont...is it worth the try in your opinion?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Emu Oil is a wonderful moisturizer with anti-inflammatory properties as well. It is calming, soothing and very different from lotions and potions. Many people including myself have been helped by Emu Oil. It deeply penetrates into the skin for superb moisturizing benefits.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
[/quotellina-where can i purchase skin zinc? It sounds like something i have heard of before. If it can help my psoriasis to not look as red and flaky then its worth a try IMO.You are so sweet to help me like this. I have tried Nivea and it didnt do too much for me. I haven't tried valmont...is it worth the try in your opinion?[quote]
sorry hon i wasn't watching this tread. i'm not really good with computers. Smile ok, skin zinc is sold in shopper's drug mart. i would say to call fist and make sure it is there before going. i'm not sure if all the locations would sell it. its a milky water solution. i think it was $50. if possible, try to get a sample from the company online? *i hate buying stuff that doesn't work for me. makes me wanna scream and get rowdy*
and as for valmont, yes its worth trying. i really really love it. i just discovered it on EDS, recently. its been a few years that my skin has changed, as well as my lifestyle. i'm VERY stressed and it is worn on the face/skin. my skin is extremely dry, thin, sensitive, red, and prone to rosacea and capillary damage. even during the day i can feel erruptions and irritations, red blotches forming and disappearing, and during the end of the day even though my skin is moisturized or greasy my skin feels tight, hot, dry, PAINFUL. i know it doesn't make sense but i know i'm not imagining it. for these years i've been trying a whole closet full of junk, and nothing has come close to the results of valmont. it is expensive, perhaps try to get a sample from EDS or holt refrew's. i would recommend that you definitely try the soothing cream dermo sample. i know how it feels to live in pain cuz of your skin. please try it. it may not work on everyone as i met harriet from EDS and she had a reaction with valmont. i hope it works for you.
as for me, it works beautifuly. i've become a valmont fanatic and buying it all up. for example i been using the soothing dermo for a few days, and how it is after +14 hours it still feels fresh, moisturized, calm, and still feels like the same when i put it on in the morning. i don't think its my imagination. i don't know how it is possible but that's how it is with me. and after a few days i noticed the difference in my skin after a shower. usually, i'm running out of the shower to get something on my face or else it will dry up like a prune and the pain and irritation will start. well yesterday i walked around after a shower letting my face air dry and thinking i was pushing my luck. viola! a little dry but not uncomfortable. it has definitely helped my skin overall. i hope this helps you or that you find something that will.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:03 am      Reply with quote
It is true that always feel after washing your face that kind of slip-sliding gratitude is not clean.
And, in turn, decided to act. Laughing
K.Sarah

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
a little off topic... IMCathy, how does flaxseed oil and codliver oil to improve dry skin? Is it a like a vitamin supplement or an actual oil?
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
i think its a vitamin supplement? not sure though
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is very dry too, decleor skin care is perfect. I like Rose D'Orient Soothing Concentrate .
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
i have never heard of deceleor skin care products. Are they all natural?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:04 am      Reply with quote
smokinsavsy wrote:
i have never heard of deceleor skin care products. Are they all natural?

I believe they do claim to be natural but to what definition I am not 100% sure.
However I have been very happy with all the products I have used from Decleor.
I think you would be happy with one of there creams, some are ultra nourishing.
If you do a search and you will see heaps of reviews/imput from fellow EDS ladies/guys.
Good luck with your search and I hope you find something Smile
smokinsavsy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
pal-your kindness is just so appreciated! thank you so so much! I'm looking into Deceleor, as well as a couple other products. (that egyptian magic has still caught my eye!) i dont have much money right now (bought that kit for hair) so as soon as i get paid i'll be shopping a bit more Very Happy i'll let you know what happends!!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
smokinsavsy wrote:
pal-your kindness is just so appreciated! thank you so so much! I'm looking into Deceleor, as well as a couple other products. (that egyptian magic has still caught my eye!) i dont have much money right now (bought that kit for hair) so as soon as i get paid i'll be shopping a bit more Very Happy i'll let you know what happends!!
Smokin, the Egyptian Magic is fine but a bit greasy for the face. You can go to Biovera.com where theres lots of info on the different types of cream. They are small but sometimes a lot of choices is confusing anyway. Good luck!
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Born Again MSM and Vit E cream and just love the stuff. Typically around this time of year I am fighting the dry skin but so far so good and we are full blown snow and freezing cold right now. It's cheap too, under $5 at Vitacost.com. I do believe this MSM cream and taking MSM internally has done wonders for my dry skin....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
smokinsavsy wrote:

I didn't find the Egyptian Magic especially moisturizing for my body and I would never use it on my face. It's overpriced, too, in my opinion. I just poured all the oils I have in a bottle and I'm loving the resulting blend on my face. I included these oils: kiwi, cranberry seed, camellia, rice bran, cherry kernel, and pomegranate seed. It also works great for massage, if you're doing that.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |