Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Warning about "MyGoldEnvelope"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
LynneW

Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I would like to share my "mygoldenvelope" experience with all of you. With todays economy, we all need some extra cash.
We have all seen the commercials for mygoldenvelope, they say that they buy for the treasury dept, and they pay the highest prices, so, I bought into the hype,and to be very honest, I needed the money.
I sent them about a pound of sterling silver, silver prices are at $19.14 an ounce (troy)so, I thought that I would receive a nice amount...I received a check for $8.57.
They are taking full advantage of those who are struggling to get through these hard financial times. In my opinion they lack business ethics and morals. Bad form...shame on them. Sad
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I suspect they'll offer you slightly more money if you called them to complain and demand your silver back. You should probably even refuse that amount and go through with your demand. A pawn broker or Ebay. would likely have given you a better deal. I was once curious about how Cash 4 Gold worked because of all the infommercials so I looked up some reviews and this is exactly how they operate. I suggest you google "Golden Envelope" and the word "scam" and or "reviews"
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
This is informative:
http://www.cashforgoldplatinum.com/reviews/my-gold-envelope/
LynneW

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Angelina...I will look into it.
LynneW

Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
Angelina, I just read the reviews...again, bad form...shame on them.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Where your necklaces sterling? Keep in mind the best sterling is 92.5% silver...plus they are going to deduct the cost to refine it once they melt it down. You won't get full market value for sterling silver because of the impurities.
That said:
16 ounces (one regular pound)= 14.5833333 troy ounces * .925 = 13.4895833 troy ounces of fine silver in a regular pound of sterling. Therefore you take 13.4895833 * the market value of silver per troy ounce (right now it's about $17 when I just looked it up), which = $229.322916

You need to ask for your silver back. Even if you were given half the value of silver for your sterling, you'd still get quite a bit more than your check!

I'm not a math person...I wouldn't be surprised if I messed up this calculation. Just remember that a troy pound is NOT the same as a regular pound we are used to dealing with in the U.S. I've seen this calculation done where people say 16 ounces = 12 troy ounces which is not right.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Paris,
I called within the given time for returns and was told very adamantly that my jewelry had been sent to the refinery and that I could not get it back. I must add this experience to the live and learn box. Thanks for the research.
Namaste.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
I would never buy or sell gold through the mail. You need to find a reputable coin dealer, if you are buying or selling buillion, who has been in business for decades and has a stellar reputation.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |