Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Please Help Me Select an Eye Cream! I am going crazy!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
springsunshine

Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I am relatively new to posting but have been a reader of this forum for over a year. I have read so many reviews on moisturizers and eye creams that my mind feels like it's going to burst. Here's my situation and I hope some of you could chime in with your 2cents!

I am 26 (closing in on 27), Asian, with fair combination skin. My problem is with my under-eye circles/wrinkles!! Last year I noticed that the skin under my eyes where the dark circles persist has gotten more "fragile" and fine lines have appeared. These seem to have strong potential to turn into deep wrinkles very soon and I am worried. Today I had lunch with a new friend (same race, skin type) and discovered she was 35! We look exactly the same age and she even told me that she thought I was in my early-mid 30s before I told her I was actually 26. You can probably imagine how upset this made me! So I am now on a vehement quest to improve my skin ASAP, with special emphasis on my eyes.

Here's a list of things I tried:
Cellcosmet eye contour cream = oily, next morning I saw flaky residue on my lashes/corners of my eyes

La Mer moisturizing cream = thick, a bit too rich but without any visible results.

PSF vit-C serum, O2 rescue serum = skin didn't react well to vit-C and O2 didn't do anything special.

Helen Rubinstein = not oily, absorbed quickly, feels good on skin, but not moisturizing enough.

I've also tried drugstore brands like Olay, L'Oreal, and Neutrogena but didn't see any improvements either.

Shiseido The Skincare night recharge light & eye moisture recharge = this is what I am trying right now. The face serum is okay but the eye cream is not moisturizing enough.

So I've been reading through the threads on this forum and I see mixed reviews for just about everything and I am so frustrated and overwhelmed that I don't know what to do anymore. I am going to Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, and Neiman Marcus these next few days (I live in NYC) so I am asking you all to help me. What brands should I ask to sample? Are there any tips for asking for samples b/c when I was at Macy's last week, NO ONE was giving them out unless you buy something. Sad And I am not paying $$$ for something that I don't know if I'll like and or if my skin will take (I tend to develop sensitive reactions to a lot of products, esp. ones with fragrances).

Anyway, any advice/recommendations will be highly appreciated! Thanks!!
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Valmont L'ELIXIR DES GLACIERS Regenerating Eye Cream would be the one eye cream I would use all the time if one it was slightly more affordable and two I didnt have an * spam alert * of trying new products all the time.\
Goodluck with your search Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:20 am      Reply with quote
osea eyes and lips is my go-to firming, emollient eye cream. i think it really accomplishes what it says it does, is cosmetically-elegant, full of nutrients for the skin, and smooths the eye area out. also, the easy eye solutions, if you can figure out how to use it, is really effective in smoothing the skin.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I love all Karen Herzog products and this includes their eye cream as well. I am on my third jar. It is highly moisturizing, but not greasy and definitely not thick either.

The eye cream was so nice I bought a jar for my sister. She has oily skin, I have very dry skin and we both love this eye cream.
imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have to tell you that eye cream is a beautiful hoax.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
wow. sooooo not true!
especially if you have tendency to get bags under the eyes and/or dark circles. eye creams are my SAVIOR--they make the biggest difference in my appearance BY FAR!

--avalange

imaiyuan wrote:

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
dubi
5% products discount

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I would love to piggy back off this thread.
I'm just about to finish my ZO eye cream..and would like to try something new.

I've used:
la mer eye cream - not really interested in trying again.

IS Clinical - Not bad, will repurchase if no other recs.

ZO eye cream - okish, kinda thickish, i find it hard to apply therefore only use at night.

I've tried vit c eye serums....don't feel moisturising enough.

And my trusty murad 15+ eye cream.

I'm 40, and fairly good skin in general. minimal wrinkles for my age..and would like to keep it that way. Combo skin, but don't mind a bit of extra moisture around the eye area.

Any recs ?? or should I go back to IS clinical.

Thanks in advance.
Any recs ??
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
wow. sooooo not true!
especially if you have tendency to get bags under the eyes and/or dark circles. eye creams are my SAVIOR--they make the biggest difference in my appearance BY FAR!

--avalange

imaiyuan wrote:

in a strange way but it is true, that different products have different effects according to the individual. on the other hand i can relate to imaiyuan... we all get upset when something doesn't work for us. last week i went to the bay and left purchasing a few items. i spent just a under $2000, mind you i got some creams for mom too. well, i was proud this new shiseido future, i say future solutions cream and eye cream were going to save me from the pits of hot skin irritation and scaly skin. the cream alone was $350. and shiseido always worked for me before. wow what a surprise... my skin had changed and a after a few days of applying future solutions my skin was worse. i was so upset i wanted to throw that sucker out the window literally! so now i swear by valmont. i paste that stuff on my face like it was my armor. then on EDS a met a nice lady that loves shisheido and has a similar skin type but has a reaction to valmont. what can ya do? Confused

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
springsunshine wrote:
Hello everyone. I am relatively new to posting but have been a reader of this forum for over a year. I have read so many reviews on moisturizers and eye creams that my mind feels like it's going to burst. Here's my situation and I hope some of you could chime in with your 2cents!

I am 26 (closing in on 27), Asian, with fair combination skin. My problem is with my under-eye circles/wrinkles!! Last year I noticed that the skin under my eyes where the dark circles persist has gotten more "fragile" and fine lines have appeared. These seem to have strong potential to turn into deep wrinkles very soon and I am worried. Today I had lunch with a new friend (same race, skin type) and discovered she was 35! We look exactly the same age and she even told me that she thought I was in my early-mid 30s before I told her I was actually 26. You can probably imagine how upset this made me! So I am now on a vehement quest to improve my skin ASAP, with special emphasis on my eyes.

Here's a list of things I tried:
Cellcosmet eye contour cream = oily, next morning I saw flaky residue on my lashes/corners of my eyes

La Mer moisturizing cream = thick, a bit too rich but without any visible results.

PSF vit-C serum, O2 rescue serum = skin didn't react well to vit-C and O2 didn't do anything special.

Helen Rubinstein = not oily, absorbed quickly, feels good on skin, but not moisturizing enough.

I've also tried drugstore brands like Olay, L'Oreal, and Neutrogena but didn't see any improvements either.

Shiseido The Skincare night recharge light & eye moisture recharge = this is what I am trying right now. The face serum is okay but the eye cream is not moisturizing enough.

So I've been reading through the threads on this forum and I see mixed reviews for just about everything and I am so frustrated and overwhelmed that I don't know what to do anymore. I am going to Nordstroms, Bloomingdales, and Neiman Marcus these next few days (I live in NYC) so I am asking you all to help me. What brands should I ask to sample? Are there any tips for asking for samples b/c when I was at Macy's last week, NO ONE was giving them out unless you buy something. Sad And I am not paying $$$ for something that I don't know if I'll like and or if my skin will take (I tend to develop sensitive reactions to a lot of products, esp. ones with fragrances).

Anyway, any advice/recommendations will be highly appreciated! Thanks!!

hey springsunshine,
sounds like you're in a panic. i know the feeling but don't panic too much. it'll cause a lot of stress, and if you're like me, running off to the nearest mall like a crazed woman and loading up on everything to 'cure the problem' only to realize a couple of days later that i'm totally exhausted, frusterated, and spent maojor money on junk. Neutral
i know EDS here gives out samples (with purchase), as they are great! but you need do some research as to request what line of samples. i would recommend something from valmont since it has had wonders for me. also, i know some ladies here buy samples online. perhaps someone can lead you the way to that option.
something else i would recommend are facial exercises/lymphatic drainage massage that is free and you can do at home. oopse, some are free. i think some of the massage/lymphatic drainage can help you with dark circles and puffinss....you can search here on EDS and see some on you tube. presently, i'm trying out the bone facial exercise, here on EDS. its not weird as it sounds. Very Happy hope this helps! have fun!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
imaiyuan wrote:

I have to agree, just take any brand of moisturizer and the same brand of eye cream
and read the ingredients! Same thing but they can charge you an arm and a leg for a tiny jar and make a fortune!
Any good moisturizer that suits your skin type can be used as your eye cream as well. Save yourselves a lot of money!

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I don't believe in eye creams any more but among the ones I used before, Cellcosmet did bring some improvement around my eyes. I am thinking maybe tapping the eye cream into the skin would be helpful...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I love all Karen Herzog products and this includes their eye cream as well. I am on my third jar. It is highly moisturizing, but not greasy and definitely not thick either.

The eye cream was so nice I bought a jar for my sister. She has oily skin, I have very dry skin and we both love this eye cream.

Agree - Best eye cream I've ever tried. Have used more than a few jars. It's great on lips too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
Teamine eye cream from Revision Skincare helped my dark eye circles & fine lines after about a month 2X a day use.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |