Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Does anyone get flack for their attention to skin/health?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Iīm just wondering if anybody else gets a lot of flack from others for the attention/ time/ trouble they take for their skin and health care?
I donīt think I am excessive in my health/ skincare at all. I donīt think Iīm vain or a excessively obsessed w my health and I certaintly donīt do everything I could be doing or that could be done eg I havenīt got plastic surgery or anything or even bought devices and gadgets or even skincare as pricey as La Mer. But I try to do my best - thatīs in everything not just skin and health.
Most people donīt see what I do (no great exhibit just putting a few creams on and doing a few excercises) because itīs stuff I do after I shower/ in private. I canīt believe many other women donīt also use creams and do excercises too.
Yet lately a couple of people have hinted that I am excessive. I donīt see what the big deal is with trying to do a partially raw diet, having to reapply lipbalm throughout the day and using sunscreen everyday?!?! I donīt even stick to that stuff faithfully.
Does anybody else get a hard time on count of their beauty/ health regime too?? I donīt think I should give it up no way - why would you do less than the best w/out going overboard ie perhaps plastic surgery or smthng. Or am I supposed to be totally secretive about it?-itīs not like I advertise that I use spf, lipbalm etc etc and anyway I donīt think being secrtive is the way to go. It sets up false standards for other women like when stars deny ps and make others feel abnormally ugly.
Mad
Rant over
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
maybe this post should be under the "cheese whine" thread. Dunno.
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do, luckily never from my husband. But the sun is like a death ray where I live and I can be very insistent about getting out of its' way, even with sunscreen. And I feel a definite resentment from women who hav't taken good care of themselves, even though I don't say anything judgemental.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I too get a reaction from others about my sun avoidance. The most recent one is one of my work colleagues at our luncheon said "she puts on sunscreen then sits in the shade". I just said "the sun turns you into a prune and it reflects off things".
Their problem, not mine, is the way I look at it.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Well, my colleagues don't even care about SS or as worse to comb regularly. Regularly? I comb my hair twice a day in the office, and correct my lip liner as much times I have to (if I eat something or drink or if it just fade).
And yes I often have comments like: "Look at her. Where she is planning to go after work?" (if you are neat, combed and perfumed...you must cheating your husband Rolling Eyes ) It is suppose to be said as joke, but after a while it could be irritant. As measuring with look from toe to head with similar comments. As far as I became a grandmother... there is even more material for comments

As anti-weapon you can add to them some ironic comments about soap and water for an example, but that's tiresome... I just accepted that I live and work with people without basics of nice behaviour and.... personal hygiene Neutral

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:50 am      Reply with quote
As far as my sun avoidance Bad Grin Bad Grin - OMG, I talked once with my female colleague about that, and she was surprised and with negative opinion about need for SS at all Mad - and main argument was: "Are all this people on the beach crazy?" And yes, I am one person which can be noticed in summer as pale like milk - nobody doesn't understand why I don't want to be tanned and look healthier. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I used to get a great deal of flack about it when I started out, and also I was in a car crash which really wrecked the right hand side of my jaw and the skin took ages to heal. I also became passionate about facial exercises, and you wouldn't believe how much a target that made me for my friends - but I'm happy to report that I'm having the last laugh. Almost everyone who was vocal about their disbelief about my foolish efforts has since paid for training with me in facial exercises. Not only that I went to a reunion about half a year ago from High School, and people couldn't believe it. Many told me I hadn't aged at all (which was kind of them but not true) but my facial tissue was healthy and so I chuckled. In the end you will have the last laugh for sure! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Go to a beach in California and you see 2 types of people... The wing nut who is totally exposed, lubed up with oil, and cocoa brown, but perhaps naturally pale as snow... and then everyone else that is covered head to toe in a 50+ sunscreen, and children wearing swim wear that covers their entire trunk, most of their arms and legs, material has a built in 25+ spf, and they have white zinc covered faces, and scalp or wearing a hat...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I always receive a lot of flack for what others deem as my "excessive and obsessive" skin care. This was totally apparent on a trip this past March to Mexico with my sister and friends. While everyone was oil baking in the Caribbean sun, I was sundressed, sunglassed, spf70'ied, and equipped with large brim hat while lounging under an umbrella...I was thoroughly enjoying myself while they seemed to think I was not, merely because I wasn't toasting myself.....all the while I was the butt of occasional jokes Laughing

I merely scoffed them off and told them lets talk in 20 years and see who's laughing now Cool And that my friends is the way I look at anyone who pokes fun at my so called "obsession"... Very Happy

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
I get a lot of exclamations over my sun protection too. "But it's not even sunny" blah blah...
I knew I wouldn't be alone with this prob espec on eds with all the smart people here Wink . As long as you don't go overboard whatever that is for you eg taking skincare to the extreme so that it negatively affects your commitment to the work you want to do, family life etc, or takes you in to debt or smthng I think it's just a healthy interest in doing the best for yourself.
We will just be in better health and beauty (good looks is a reflection of good health) than those who don't bother at all in the end I suppose Very Happy
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Totally agree...I find enjoyment in my skin care, I really do. It doesn't affect my life in other areas so I don't see a problem with doing something I really enjoy Very Happy...and of course in the long run, I will feel better about how I look and feel.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:28 am      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
I was thoroughly enjoying myself while they seemed to think I was not, merely because I wasn't toasting myself.....all the while I was the butt of occasional jokes Laughing

I've also encountered this, that I'm somehow depriving myself by avoiding the sun.

But I really, and i mean REALLY, can't stand the feeling of sun on my skin... I could think of few worse tortures than being forced to lay on a beach in a swimsuit, exposed to the sun. Yet many would think of that as the ideal holiday. Laughing
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:38 am      Reply with quote
The WORST burns are rec'd on an overcast day!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
I get a lot of exclamations over my sun protection too. "But it's not even sunny" blah blah...

It is not even sunny Laughing that's what my mother always repeating about my sun glasses. I have prescription sunglasses and I can see better with them even in rainy sunset, and it sometimes looks really weird Cool
I put them even if I go to my balcony for a second - it is just a habit and I am happy about it.It save my eyes and I have no crow feet at all.
Another one habit is to put rubber gloves even I am going to wash just one glass.

Quote:
We will just be in better health and beauty (good looks is a reflection of good health) than those who don't bother at all in the end I suppose

"Vichy. Health is beautiful." Wink

If I look good, I feel healthy Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
The WORST burns are rec'd on an overcast day!

That's a fact!
I got burnt to a crisp swimming in a pool in Darwin during the wet season, raining and all.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
I used to get some flack mainly from my family... but I do look 10 years younger than I really am so people just stopped and changed their tune to..."your skin looks so great!" Very Happy

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
TTD wrote:
Iīm just wondering if anybody else gets a lot of flack from others for the attention/ time/ trouble they take for their skin and health care?
I donīt think I am excessive in my health/ skincare at all. I donīt think Iīm vain or a excessively obsessed w my health and I certaintly donīt do everything I could be doing or that could be done eg I havenīt got plastic surgery or anything or even bought devices and gadgets or even skincare as pricey as La Mer. But I try to do my best - thatīs in everything not just skin and health.
Most people donīt see what I do (no great exhibit just putting a few creams on and doing a few excercises) because itīs stuff I do after I shower/ in private. I canīt believe many other women donīt also use creams and do excercises too.
Yet lately a couple of people have hinted that I am excessive. I donīt see what the big deal is with trying to do a partially raw diet, having to reapply lipbalm throughout the day and using sunscreen everyday?!?! I donīt even stick to that stuff faithfully.
Does anybody else get a hard time on count of their beauty/ health regime too?? I donīt think I should give it up no way - why would you do less than the best w/out going overboard ie perhaps plastic surgery or smthng. Or am I supposed to be totally secretive about it?-itīs not like I advertise that I use spf, lipbalm etc etc and anyway I donīt think being secrtive is the way to go. It sets up false standards for other women like when stars deny ps and make others feel abnormally ugly.
Mad
Rant over

It's my secret vice. Laughing Laughing But it helps that I'm not married and live alone.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I've dealt with this since I was 13 concerning both makeup and skincare, my attitude has always been it's my time and my face so why should anyone else care! I did used to bake in the sun as it was considered healthy in those long ago years, but haven't done so for ages.
I guess I just always felt it is my choice to do what I do to look my best and it makes me feel good, if others don't like it too bad! Smile

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have kids who harass them on their skincare? Oh and they're so helpful..."Mom, all this stuff you do to your face just doesn't help." They see me using the LED and looking at these forums. As 13 and 16 year old boys they're still pretty blunt (and I've taught them to be honest) but "ouch!". Shock

Plus the fact that I think they may be right...I'm not sure anything is helping, but I'm still hopeful.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Anyone have kids who harass them on their skincare? Oh and they're so helpful..."Mom, all this stuff you do to your face just doesn't help." They see me using the LED and looking at these forums. As 13 and 16 year old boys they're still pretty blunt (and I've taught them to be honest) but "ouch!". Shock

Oh my younger son is helpful indeed. Two weeks ago I stirred vit C to dissolve like nuts, and when I told him what I am doing - he said : "You should put a drop of alcohol, it will dissolve quicker" and stirred it for me for half an hour. He was always good boy. The older son said just "Vit C? Yeah right..."

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
bren21 wrote:
I was thoroughly enjoying myself while they seemed to think I was not, merely because I wasn't toasting myself.....all the while I was the butt of occasional jokes Laughing

But I really, and i mean REALLY, can't stand the feeling of sun on my skin... I could think of few worse tortures than being forced to lay on a beach in a swimsuit, exposed to the sun. Yet many would think of that as the ideal holiday. Laughing

Thank you for writing this. I have always avoided the sun for that very reason. Now at 46 going on 47, I have no wrinkles on my face. Just a side benefit from being a vampire, lol! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:17 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Plus the fact that I think they may be right...I'm not sure anything is helping, but I'm still hopeful.

When mine were young my 2 girls were always wanting to get into it all, now at 28 and 20
they take excellent care of their skin and avoid the sun as well as using sunscreen every day of the year!
All four give mom a hard time if I don't bother to throw some makeup on or style my hair, that includes 2 sons who are 24 and 25.
LOL Bad Grin
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
ShastaGirl wrote:

Oh my younger son is helpful indeed. Two weeks ago I stirred vit C to dissolve like nuts, and when I told him what I am doing - he said : "You should put a drop of alcohol, it will dissolve quicker" and stirred it for me for half an hour. He was always good boy. The older son said just "Vit C? Yeah right..."

Laughing Laughing I usually wait for DH to leave town on business trips to make my DIY concoctions, and I only bring out my gadgets to use late at night when he's fast asleep Laughing With all the teasing about my lotions and potions, masks and sunscreen, I don't even want to deal with the flack if he were to find out about *the rest of* my skin stuff! :oops

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
oh my gosh Fat Swan! That's hilarious. My friends sort of like my skin knowledge. My best friend loves going shopping with me because she says I know my stuff! Another friend suggested I work at Sephora because the majority of those girls are more into makeup then skincare (which in my opinion is silly! I'd rather look good with minimal effort and simple steps than lather on makeup everyday).
My mom today came into my room and said sooo you really like this "Advanced Night Repair" stuff huh. That was sort of funny. It's not a bad quirk to have. It's healthier than say tattoos (I have a small fear of infected needles instilled in me by my mom haha) or drinking. It's a fun hobby... And now that I am learning cheaper ways I expect to get less flack. But yes I expect my bf to laugh at me when I start wearing frownies in a few years... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
ps I'm all about the sunscreen in Mexico. How glamorous to be reclining under an umbrella with a wide brimmed hat. I'm not a bake in the sun kind of girl either...

Whose skin looks better? Champion tanner Jennifer Anniston or pale skinned Angelina Jolie. I say Angie.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |