Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Constant nausea from MSM
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Justine1900
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
I keep trying to take this. I have 1000 mg capsules which I split into two, but even 500 mg makes me sick all day. When will this pass? Any other ideas? I really want the benefits of this but feel like I can't stand this constant nausea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Justine1900,

If you are taking it with a meal and you are still feeling ill it may not pass, sorry I know of family and friends who have had issues with some supplements and just couldn't tolerate them. Nausea is a common side effect with MSM for a lot of people. How long have you been taking it?

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Might also be that this particular brand of supplement doesn't agree with you. I have had that before taking Vit C, where I feel sick after a particular brand, but fine with others.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I buy Emergen-C lite with MSM (1000mg per packet). I get the lite because it is less sweet. It is a powder that when you mix with water fizzes. I just put it in my Crystal lite, no nausa there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
You can also take Ginger caps as a supplement, they work great for nausea as well as headaches!
That's why Gingerale works on an upset tummy, the Ginger, I always keep them in the house.

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
It's possible the capsules have fillers in it and that's what could be bothering you.

I have taken MSM in capsule form where it caused stomach upset with me but when I switched to a liquid without fillers I was fine.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
Agree - caps often have filler - I'd try a powder (filler-free) Opti-MSM is a recommended type. Also start with even a smaller amount than 500 mg and work up slowly.

MSM is known to cause gas etc when your digestive system isn't accustomed to it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
have just ordered MSM and hope I don't experience any nausea, but I have heard that this often is due to the detox period some go through in the beginning.
Please correct me as I'm not sure about this though..
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
ok, so I started MSM about a week ago, and so far I have not experiences feeling sick but I have had a slight headache for a few days...
but more annoying is 4 times nosebleeds the last week... is that normal?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
MSM:

SIDE EFFECTS: Nausea, diarrhea, or headache may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, contact your doctor promptly. An allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: rash, itching, swelling, dizziness, trouble breathing. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.

PRECAUTIONS: If you have any of the following health problems, consult your doctor before using this product: any allergies (especially to sulfa). Methylsulfonylmethane is not recommended for use during pregnancy. Consult your doctor before using this product. Because of the potential risk to the infant, breast-feeding while using this product is not recommended. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.

DRUG INTERACTIONS: Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all prescription and nonprescription medications you may use.

http://www.medicinenet.com/methylsulfonylmethane_msm-oral/article.htm

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I have actually had a nosebleed every day since I started MSM, has anyone experienced that, and most importantly, will it pass once my body get adjusted ...?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:
I have actually had a nosebleed every day since I started MSM, has anyone experienced that, and most importantly, will it pass once my body get adjusted ...?

If that contiuues I would consult a pharmacist or better yet a health care professional! Just my opinion but that might say your body isn't thrilled with MSM!

IMHO
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon,

Actually this week has been fine, so maybe it's just a question of getting adjusted. I still have a bit of a headache but no nosebleeds in a few days. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |