Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Super dry skin all over.... HELP
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
K.Sarah

Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Lately, I've been suffering from terribly dry skin, from face to hands to legs, etc. I am constantly putting body lotion right after I shower, wash my face once a day and apply lotion twice a day and limit the amount of make up I used in general.

But now, it doesn't seem like any of this is working; my face especially is getting noticeable signs of dry wrinkles and I'm only 23! Crying or Very sad

Currently, I'm using Aveeno line and Olay bodywash with jojoba butter.

I need a total skin care overhaul. Any suggestion would be so very appreciated!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
yes, winter is approaching and everyone has been experience the start of "cowhide" skin. i can relate its one of the most awful feelings... like wanting to peel your skin right off. Embarassed i would recommend drinking plenty of water. i try drinking 4liters of distilled or spring water per day. yes, especially during the winter its not fun trying to fight your clothes off in the washroom. i used to use a waterproof vaseline lotion in the winter but they discontinued it. then i went on the olay body regeneris body cream (the one with nice sparkly glimmer on it) which was somewhat helpful. now with concerns that i'm applying so many chemicals to my hair/scalp/and face, i'm trying to be more mindful ... i repeat, i'm trying... so, i've been dry brushing my skin, and applying cold pressed olive oil or extra virgin. the olive oil comes in handy just to moisturize the hands or hair/scalp as well. its not as fun as the smelly pretty girl products but i makes me feel i'm being safer with my health. when my skin feels too dry, i've been using lush's ring of roses (bubble bar) or mango (bath butter). both are considered 'soaps' but with very little soap in it. for eg the ring of roses feels more like a big chunk of wax. i quickly give the surface of my skin a once over, and it makes me feel i'm well waxed/barrier-ed/ and waterproof. Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love what jojoba oil can do for my face and neck...it takes a little while to sink in but it's wonderful...I do facial massage with it and it disappears pretty fast...I've used it once on my legs and I don't remember a problem.

HTH.
Mary
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
get more fatty acids in your diet to hydrate your skin within
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely agree with adding oils, even if you mix into your creams. Palmers body cream is very good paritcually mixed with avocado oil.
Maybe look into purchasing a really good quality skincare range Decleor have some nourishing creams as do Babor.

Increasign EFA's always helps..if you could handle an intense 2 week of 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil a day Im certain you will see a remarkable difference...I did.

HTHS:)
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
sorry, i forgot.... the face. i have very dry skin, red with irritations, and just overall problematic. if you get the chance please try some of the valmont products, from here, on EDS. maybe ask for some samples. i just discovered the valmont line from EDS recently. i'm using valmont l'elixir serum and eye, the dermo serum for spot treatment of red spots, the soothing dermo cream, and the dermo cleansing solution. as long as you don't have any allergic reactions to it, it should do wonders for you. i'm estatic about the valmont products and their effects. i hope they work or you!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
K.Sarah

Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
thanks... i'll be trying adding oils into my lotions. Where do you get avocado oil?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
K.Sarah wrote:
thanks... i'll be trying adding oils into my lotions. Where do you get avocado oil?

You should be able to get it from any health food store, Im not sure where you live but if in the US Garden of wisdom has many great oils for really good prices www.gow.com

imaiyuan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
ELIZABETH ARDEN green tea body lotion is very good, you can try it.
K.Sarah

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
pal... I clicked on your link but there's no site.

So far for the past month, I've been drinking lots of water, reduced the hotness of my showers, and added fatty acids (like almonds, and eating avocados) into my life. No real improvement though.

I've been reading around and read that the valmount line is pretty good but expensive so I may try buying one or two from that line.

I definitely need some supplements or something 'cause I swear my dry skin has never been this bad before.

I'll keep reading around these forums, which are great so far! I'm learning tons.

Thanks everyone! Very Happy
K.Sarah

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
oh and one last question though.... does anyone have recommendations on which threads I should look into for dry skin?

I'm overwhelmed by everything so I don't want to veer off on the wrong track.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
K.Sarah wrote:
pal... I clicked on your link but there's no site.

So far for the past month, I've been drinking lots of water, reduced the hotness of my showers, and added fatty acids (like almonds, and eating avocados) into my life. No real improvement though.

I've been reading around and read that the valmount line is pretty good but expensive so I may try buying one or two from that line.

I definitely need some supplements or something 'cause I swear my dry skin has never been this bad before.

I'll keep reading around these forums, which are great so far! I'm learning tons.

Thanks everyone! Very Happy

Ooops sorry itswww.gardenofwisdom.com

Im not to sure what you could look search for...sounds stupid but maybe " extremely dry " and tick the option for these words only, if you put skin in the search it will probably come up with every thread created Laughing

Good luck and hope that helps! Smile
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Increasign EFA's always helps..if you could handle an intense 2 week of 2 tablespoons of flaxseed oil a day Im certain you will see a remarkable difference...I did.

Second this, I take 4 tbls a day and while it doesn't solve all my problems this definitely helps.

Are you prone to body acne? If not then this should help tremendously
Step 1- After shower before wiping off with towel, rub a nickle sized drop of glycerin all over, and then pat dry and let the rest air dry (warning, you'll be really sticky).
Step 2- Mix 3 parts Crisco shortening with 2 parts oil of your choice and slather all over. Cover with cotton PJs and socks Very Happy

This practically got rid of my eczema about 7 years ago, before I started developing cystic acne on my body these last 18 months. I used to just mix with Crisco oil, but I think you can use anything you want. Some suggestions would be macadamia, olive, avocado or jojoba.

Good luck!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
ginderella
5% products discount

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Might want to have your thyroid checked. Dry skin is a major sign of hypothyroidism...which is epidemic in this country. Seems we all need more iodine. Google it and see how important iodine is for general health not to mention breast cancer prevention.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Some water with roses to face, with oily heavy cream, they should be able.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
i have very dry skin too,the best body balm i've ever used is H2O body balm, soft and smooth,lasting for a whole day
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:44 am      Reply with quote
smqueen: totally 100% agree

Omega 3,6 from fish oil and flaxseed oil.

Also antioxidant

It all have to start from within if you are dry "all over"

I hate geletine capsules so I use Rx Omega 3Factors with EPA and DHA in liquid form with orange favour. It doesn't repeat on you. I pour 1 tsp onto salad or warm food.

Jarrow Formulas RESVERATROL Synergy for grape seed OPC, grape skin extract and green tea extract. It's "anti ageing", supports cardio function and full of antioxidant for good skin.

I used numerous body wash and found KOSE junkisui Pure Body Wash simply the best.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |