Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Your experience with BurnOut Clean and Clear Sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm interested in trying this next, but I don't want to waste my money. Unfortunately BurnOut does not offer trial sizes and the only place that does sell samples (for $2) charges $20 to ship to Canada. Can those of you who have tried this tell me how it worked out for you, please? There aren't all that many reviews out there. BurnOut describes it as not greasy, but I'm concerned is if it is sticky. Thanks!
rlook
5% products discount

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Burnout Clean and Clear since June. It truly is a great product. Burnout is correct - it is not greasy. However, I do find it to be a bit sticky for the face, and therefore, I generally only use it on the neck, hands, arms, etc. For my face, I use Osmosis Shelter SPF 29 or Pratima Neem Rose SPF 30. I will definitely purchase Burnout again.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I only notice it being sticky if I touch my hands to my face which I avoid doing.
Some pros of BOCnC:
-NO white cast
-doesn't feel thick and heavy
-it has Vit C&E
-ok for the environment I think
-good value in comparison to other sunscreens
-their customer service is great
-it really is waterproof so if you need that that's another bonus
-it's a zinc spf of course
WCSmurfette
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I have used it and it is, indeed, tacky and sticky on the skin, if your skin is more combination to oily; if your skin is dry to normal, you may like it and it may work for you.

It does not dry on the skin or absorb fully and does not dry matte, so this may pose a problem if you wear foundation during the day. It may feel a bit heavy, hot, especially if wearing the recommended 1/4 teaspoon on the face.

For the body, it is very moisturizing and comforting to the skin.

There is a high amount of glycerine in this sunscreen, which is what is creating the tacky, sticky feeling on the skin. Some skin types can handle this much glycerine, some cannot.

I have combination skin, with moderate oil production during the summer months, and it was too heavy and hot for me and added to the oil my face naturally produces, which results in a shiny, greasy face by mid day. During the fall/winter/spring months, still experience the tackiness and stickiness, no matter what amount I used.

The "clear" micronized zinc oxide in it does become transparent or clear upon application to the skin, which is very good.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
If you want a physical sunscreen with high zinc oxide that's not sticky, try Natural Instincts which you can purchase fromwww.epharmacy.com.au (ship internationally). It does dry matte - more suitable for oily skin. May not suit dry skin because of mattifying effect. Slight white cast, not a problem for me (I am very fair anyway). It is a paste-like consistency and has to be applied in many thinner layers but is not sticky and works well in hot and humid climes.
acquas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
In fact, the o'real of the sunscreeen product is very easy to use, and are not expensive. Smile
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for the information and details. I think based on the fact that the Burnout sunscreen is tacky, I will hold off on my purchase. I was also kind of dismayed that I sent questions to the Burnout site about the shipping and payment methods last week and never received a response. Not a indicator of good or even decent customer service... Confused

I think I might check out Natural Instincts...
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
displaced: I am dismayed that you didn't receive a prompt reply, that's too bad. I have always had very prompt - ie latest next day - reply to all my specific questions. I don't know if I should paste that person's email address on here so publicly although it's her job to answer Qs and I think it's probably listed on the website, so I will message you the address in case you still have Qs.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |