Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Test Driving the Tua Trend
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

A couple of people have suggested starting a new thread for the Tua Trend.

I have been using mine for over a week now, nearly two, I know some other members have just got there's. So please post your thoughts on the tua trend and how you are finding it.

In reply to Cindyblack, Hi,I was surprised to read in your post that you can tolerate an intensity of 40 on your cheek, I can only speculate that after 7 weeks of continuous use your cheek muscles have become quite strong.I can only go to about 28 on that area at the moment.I think seven weeks is a good period of time to notice any changes.Can you see any differences is your face, does it seem more firmer and lifted? I used the tua viso for about a year but I am finding the trend much more advanced with the pre programmed exercises and I find the contractions much more accurate and stronger which makes me think that perhaps I wasn't placing the tua viso in the right positions in the first place.

I will continue to use it on a daily basis to see what results I get.

Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtful,

I also started with lower intensity, but felt comfortable to increase with time. I hope you are right when you say that my muscles are getting stronger.

At the moment I use about 26-28 on upper cheek, 37-45 (depending on position ) on lower cheek, about 35 on my lower lip, 17 on my neck, 25-30 on my forehead and about 20 under my eyes.

Unfortunately I can't say that I can see any results. As mentioned before, I have taken pictures and asked family and friends, and none of them can see anything either. Maybe 7 weeks is just not long enough and maybe the results are progressive.

Have decided to continue to use for full 3 months as I really want this device to work Smile

Cindy
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cindy

According to the manual "With regular use (following these instructions), noticeable results will be achieved within two to twelve weeks of use.A firmer,tauter, more lifted looking face and neck will be yours"

I am hoping this will be the case with continuous use.I have watched Tina Richeards present on QVC quite a few times and she seems to repeat again and again that results will not happen over night and you will see an improvement over the weeks. To me, her face looks very plump and lifted, I dont know if she has had anything "surgical" done but she calls herself an expert in non avasive anti ageing so I am just assuming she practices what she preaches.

I have read before on other websites of people who have claimed the tua viso has caused lines to appear where there wasnt any, I wonder if that is to do with incorrect placement of the device. Surely with the trend you cant get this problem of incorrect muscle stimulation if the program is pre set with the exact intensity to contract only that muscle in that area.

5% products discount

Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am a habitual lurker here on EDS. Seriously, if I lurked anywhere this much in real, non-virtual life, I would be arrested!!

I have used the Tua Trend for just over two weeks. I got results right from the start, using it most every day. I have lifting of the brows, giving my eyelids a less crepey look. I'm also noticing firming along my jawline. I feel like the marionette pouching is lessening. In my living room I have a mirror that tells all--no fake compliments from this mirror!! It is where I look to get the truth about my face. In this mirror, I am seeing definite improvement. On the down side, I seem to be getting some slight horizontal forehead lines which I did not have previously. I just started the bone facial massage this morning, so I am hoping that it helps with the new lines. I have thought of elininating the brow/temple site with the TT because I'm sure that is why I have the lines, but I like the brow lift I'm getting from it. We'll see how this all works out.

All in all, I LOVE this gadget. I feel like a wimp now, seeing the settings others are using. I hover around 15-18 on all areas but the lower lip where I'm at 22. The neck I can't even do on the lowest setting. I feel like it is going to give me whiplash!! I guess I should give it another try and have a neck brace on hand, just in case. I can't wait to see my face in another month or two. I have high hopes for the TT/massage combo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
hey everyone,
are you all just using the tua trend by itself, or in combination with the tua viso? i have both but i like to combo the 2 with the dr. ho's. i'm on break from using my coveted gadgets to concentrate on skin care (in preparation for the winter) and just like mangosteed, i'm starting on the bone facial exercise. i love to try new things and alternate my routine. good luck with the tt and tv!
hey mangosteed! see you on the bone facial exercise thread!!!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
semayden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I didn't use Tua Viso - but started with this Tua tre'nd. I'm on my 5th night here - and move between 15-20 for most areas - apart from neck, which stays as low as 7-10 and eyes at about 3-5.

I think the wand should have a little wasp-waist bit, where you can grip the middle a bit more securely.

Otherwise, I think I am seeing some improvements already, in terms of smoother forehead. The ear ex. is great fun for me - but, as with all the positions, I am still finding my way on placement! Am using it now - and left ear is far easier to work than the right...

Yes, cheeks do seem a bit fuller and more defined. Yes, eye area looks more drained, wide and taut.

I am having trouble placing the jaw ex. It is pulling the corner of my mouth outwards and DOWNWARDS. Not a good look!

Also, trouble locating neck placement.

Anyone advise?

Otherwise, I am fairly pleased, although it's early days yet. Smile

P.S.
Also, lots of eye-quivering on cheek ex. and eye ex.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I don't have the Trend but have the Tua Viso.

Regarding the neck placement, I'm presuming it's the same for both devices. On the Tina Richards DVD, Tina has the model turn her head to one side - this highlights the muscle that runs from the base of the ear, down the neck to the middle of the chest bone. When the neck is turned it sticks out in a ridge. The device should be placed along this ridge, in the middle. HTH.

Looking forward to more reviews from those of you who have the Trend. I've not seen any real lifting in the jawline from the TV.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Semayden

I am having the same problem with the jaw exercise pulling my lip downwards so Ive been wiggling it around to find the right spot.Ive been putting it under the jaw line too.
Also when I do the upper cheek I actually place my fingers under my eyes to stop them contracting the skin as I dont want to make matters worse ther.

I too am doing the bone face exercises and my STOP maintenance and the lightstim.There are just not enough hours in the day, but I do enjoy it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I don't have the Trend but have the Tua Viso.

Regarding the neck placement, I'm presuming it's the same for both devices. On the Tina Richards DVD, Tina has the model turn her head to one side - this highlights the muscle that runs from the base of the ear, down the neck to the middle of the chest bone. When the neck is turned it sticks out in a ridge. The device should be placed along this ridge, in the middle. HTH.

Looking forward to more reviews from those of you who have the Trend. I've not seen any real lifting in the jawline from the TV.

Thanks so much for that neck info. I'll give that placement a go tonight and let you know how it goes!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Semayden
I am delighted that you have your new gizmo and you are sharing your journey with us all.
Good luck and happy anti-ageing.
Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
Semayden
I am delighted that you have your new gizmo and you are sharing your journey with us all.
Philip

Thanks Philip, but I'm not too enamoured at present. I don't find this little gadget 'holder friendly' and am still having trouble placing it correctly - despite poring over the doagrams and mirrors whilst I do it.

Nice effects coming along I think - but thinking a little wistfully about the hands-free aspect of the SF!!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:12 am      Reply with quote
semayden wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
Semayden
Philip

Thanks Philip, but I'm not too enamoured at present. I don't find this little gadget 'holder friendly' and am still having trouble placing it correctly - despite poring over the doagrams and mirrors whilst I do it.

Nice effects coming along I think - but thinking a little wistfully about the hands-free aspect of the SF!!

Stay with it - all these devices use EMS - by any other name - and you will get some results but as we have seen with the SL it took about 45 treatments to show any results.

Good luck.

Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
That's very wise, Philip. Very Happy
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

Just curious if any of you guys are finding that TUA helps with hollow cheeks? Are any of you even trying to address this issue with the TUA? It's one thing that has not improved with facial ex's for me.

Thanks

Vangirl

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Vangirl

Yes This is one of my problems lately,my cheeks seem to have lost a lot of volume,I am getting lines from nose to mouth and My skin is slightly sagging so that was one of the reasons I got the tua trend.As yet my jawline does feel a little firmer and straight after treatment my cheeks do but the next day they seem to migrate back so I think to myself I can continue with the Trend and hope things will change which is what is supposed to happen if you read the literature or I can stop but Im too scared to do that in case it gets worse.Have you noticed any difference in cheek volume?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Hi all,
I'm jumping on this bandwagon. Just waiting for my tua trend. Will probably start using on Monday. Also, i have recently started using the prolight platnium and copper peptides, and retin A ( not all at the same time..ha) I'nm thinking my skin looks better. What I really have noticed is that when I dont't hydrate enough my skin looks awful no matter what I'm doing to it. I'm hoping to achieve some firming around the ceek area also, and my top eyelids are lookin a little saggy. Crying or Very sad
vangirl3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
Hi Vangirl

Yes This is one of my problems lately,my cheeks seem to have lost a lot of volume,I am getting lines from nose to mouth and My skin is slightly sagging so that was one of the reasons I got the tua trend.As yet my jawline does feel a little firmer and straight after treatment my cheeks do but the next day they seem to migrate back so I think to myself I can continue with the Trend and hope things will change which is what is supposed to happen if you read the literature or I can stop but Im too scared to do that in case it gets worse.Have you noticed any difference in cheek volume?

Hi Thoughtful,

Thanks for your reply. I don't have the TUA yet so I can't say whether or not there's been a difference in cheek volume. I have been doing FE for quite awhile now and it has been brilliant for eyes/forehead/jaw/neck/upper cheeks but I am flatter and gaunter in my mid/lower face so looking for something to pump up the volume there... I'll be interested to see how you and others are doing before I invest any money.

Thanks,

VG

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
VANgirl this may interest you.For an experiment instead of doing just two minutes on the cheek area which is what is on the programme I have just done double, 4 minutes on each upper cheek on a higher setting.Oh dear hope Im not making new wrinkles.I must say I do FEEL rather plumper lets see if it will work.

Hi hitting 40 I too have started back on the retin a routine along with the trend and the STOP and the AALS.I used retin a for about 6 months then stopped because I had a course of IPL by my dermatologist well shes actually an eye surgeon but runs a clinic too for lasers and botox and filleres ect.So Im going to try retin a once more but my skin is quite sensitive so Im going to start once every 3 nights for 2 weeks , then once every 2 nights for a week or so to see if I can introduce it slowly without the horrible wrinkly red dry effect!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt you're making wrinkles with the increased strength. What are you doing for your hollows (below cheekbone)?. I don't want to build my upper cheeks any more... just my lower so curious as to how people are making out in that area.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested in the Tua Trend, also the slendertone!! I would really like to alternate both. Very Happy
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Van girl There is a programme on the trend for the lower cheeks too.Been doing that on a really high intensity also.Early days.I will keep posting with my results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thoughtful wrote:
Hi Van girl There is a programme on the trend for the lower cheeks too.Been doing that on a really high intensity also.Early days.I will keep posting with my results.

Well, howya doin' Thoughtful?

I'm still not sure how I'm making out with this Tua Trend yet. I think I'm making a bit of headway, and seeing some small overall improvements - but it's early days yet.

What I will say is this: I find this little contraption quite difficult to wield. This was one of the reasons for my seriously considering the Tua Viso, inasmuch as it would be perhaps easier to hold.

There again, the Trend is supposed to locate the correct muscle more easily (really? I don't seem to hit it with that much ease!).

Sorry everyone: I really don't mean to be negative about this device. But I have to be honest at this point, and say that I'm just not quite sure whether I made the right choice of gadget.

There again - all the reviews can't be entirely wrong...
Hammyxxx
5% products discount

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all - newbie here (in fact blog newbie!!) God knows if I'm posting correctly!!

First thanks for the Tua Trend topic!

I've had tua viso for a few years however, only used it continuously this summer & yes got results - fuller cheeks etc. However I purchased the tua trend from QVC-UK couple of months ago and...well..I don't like it. I find it uncomfortable to use, especially prog.1! -produces a painful pulsing, not a smooth contraction. I also find that most of the lower face progs cause an uncomfortable tremor under the eye. I emailed Tina and the company actually telephoned me (which was nice of them) and suggested I use prog. 2 on the upper face. However I still don't think this device is giving me results and I can never find a comfortable position on the cheek i.e it feels like its working the lower eye lid rather than the cheek (i'm on 19 on cheek/can't go higher). Also would like to ask if anyone has found the under eye area worsen with the 'trend?' I've developed hollows and darkness i.e. it looks like I've suffered rapid (within a few weeks!) subcutaneous fat loss from that area. This never happened with the viso. It may be coincidence but, left me unsure about the device Confused

(also aiming to try flex effect and have dabbled with facercise when I was younger - which was great) Smile

Thanks
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

Just checking in. Been using the trend every day for good few weeks now.

I feel that my lower cheek area is getting firmer, I have progressed to 45 on that area, it takes a bit of wiggling about but I know when Ive hit the right bit because my lip pulls up and my nostril kinda stretches to the side and my cheeks look round and plump afterwards .I do the jaw area above and below the bone just to give it a good workout and I do it behind the ear also, I can tolerate quite high setting about 50 on that one.I do the neck exercises on a low setting because sometimes the contraction makes me jump.

I have not been doing the eye area or forhead because I have found with the tua viso that my eye area was getting more pronouced wrinklis which were "growing" onto my cheeks, so I avoid that like the plague.

I feel I cant give a 100% thorough review because I am only using a few of the programmes.

On the whole I like the practicality of the trend,its design, the rechargable batteries, the pre programmed programs,the instructions are clear,it doesnt take long to complete the "circuit".

I am not expecting miracles with this,I am using it in conjunction with other things too.
Hopefully with this and my stop and Lightstim and retin A I should be able to down my inevitable decline into old age!!

Semadyn, Sad you arent having any results as yet.Are you going to persevere with it? Are you thinking of returning it ?

I think Im like you I purchased it because of the great reviews on QVC and also because Tina Richards looks good from using it but I guess everyone has different results from these gadgets.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:56 am      Reply with quote
HI Hammy

You are posting just fine. wave

Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |