Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Actives Bright-I Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
skin4life
5% products discount

Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I used this eye cream for about a week and noticed that the skin under my eyes actually got worse. I thought maybe I was being paranoid, so I stopped using it and just went back to a basic moisturizer. Nothing else. My skin got better. I thought I would give it another try. Nope. This eye cream and my skin definitely don't get along. After two days I started noticing fine lines popping up again. I really wanted this to work for me, so I gave it a couple more days. My skin got worse. It's given me vertical and horizontal lines.Sad

I really wanted to like this eye cream. It's full of all kinds of useful ingredients. Maybe that's the problem. It has too many ingredients. Maybe it's too drying? Is it possible to get the uglies with ingredients other than copper peptides?
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi skin4life and welcome!

I used this product a few years ago now and absolutely loved it, I didnt experience what you have at all. Infact I am waiting to use up all my eye products so I can repurchase.

Perhaps try adding a little bit of an oil to the cream then apply, maybe that will help. As far as I know this doesnt or didnt when I used it has anything that would cause the uglies. Dont quote me as it may have been slightly reformulated since then.
Goodluck with it and Im sure you will get some more suggestions Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
There are other discussions regarding IBright and it does appear that it is a love it or hate it sort of thing. I have not tried it but Antonia - my EDS friend who knows a lot about such things has written that it has helped in getting rid of some long-term wrinkles - of course she used another product as well for the night. (I bright was the morning product I think).

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I got the same problem of using BrightI. I got puffiness under my eyes.
skin4life
5% products discount

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

I used this product a few years ago now and absolutely loved it, I didnt experience what you have at all. Infact I am waiting to use up all my eye products so I can repurchase.

Perhaps try adding a little bit of an oil to the cream then apply, maybe that will help. As far as I know this doesnt or didnt when I used it has anything that would cause the uglies. Dont quote me as it may have been slightly reformulated since then.

Thanks for the welcome!

It has an epidermal growth factor in it now. I think this is a recent change since it says "Now with EGF" in the description. They also took out the vitamin K. Maybe I'll wait for my eyes to normalize a bit and try it again on one eye with some oil added. Thanks!
skin4life
5% products discount

Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
There are other discussions regarding IBright and it does appear that it is a love it or hate it sort of thing. I have not tried it but Antonia - my EDS friend who knows a lot about such things has written that it has helped in getting rid of some long-term wrinkles - of course she used another product as well for the night. (I bright was the morning product I think).

I read Antonia's blog, and that post was what made me order it. Very Happy I researched Youth Serum too, and I decided to get Bright-I b/c it seemed like a less intense treatment. I'm only 31 and am just beginning to see the signs of aging, so I didn't want something super powerful ... yet. Plus, I think YS has CPs, and I had just read all about the uglies. Shock I could be wrong, but I think Antonia's results were more attributable to the YS. I looked at the YS information page, and it does some impressive things.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
skin4life wrote:
pal wrote:

Thanks for the welcome!

It has an epidermal growth factor in it now. I think this is a recent change since it says "Now with EGF" in the description. They also took out the vitamin K. Maybe I'll wait for my eyes to normalize a bit and try it again on one eye with some oil added. Thanks!

Your very welcome Skin4life! Smile

Yes well this definitely is a new formulation since I used. I hope this product eventually works out for you otherwise there are many other great eye creams on the market, it just really depends on concerns and budget.
Goodluck ! Smile
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Bummer! I was just about ready to order some new eye cream and I was leaning towards SAS's BrightI. I got excited when I saw this post and was hoping it would be encouraging...maybe I'll look at the eye cream posts again and re-think this. I'm looking for something to help with fine lines and the "hollow eye" look.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Sad For me didn't work . That means no bad and no good . It seems that works better for younger people ....
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Talyta...at 47, I don't think I fit into the "younger" category. I so need something moisturizing. Given the reasonable price, I may still give BrightI a try with my next SAS order...I'm still debating.
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:
Thanks Talyta...at 47, I don't think I fit into the "younger" category. I so need something moisturizing. Given the reasonable price, I may still give BrightI a try with my next SAS order...I'm still debating.

Smile - Yes the price was my decision factor as well Smile .. Anyway if you have a mall with Premier in your area I would strongly recomand to try the product on their place .... You'll be impressed .. Just keep in mind not to buy from them as you can find much better deals on net ... I'll try to put some pics in a couple of days with my eyes ... lol I would like to have other's opinion as well Smile Otherwise I can think that everything is only on my head loll
skin4life
5% products discount

Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
The Bright-I may have given me a red bump under my eye (the right one the first time, then the left one the second time). I think it's the Bright-I, b/c I had a red bump under my eye both times I used it. Never had it before, and it went away after I stopped using it both times.

I have to mention that I've been using Eminence's rosehip moisturizer all over my face including under my eyes for the past couple days and nothing else b/c I'm trying to get my skin back to normal. I really love it. I'm waiting a couple weeks to do a full review, but so far I really like it including for under my eyes. It's really moisturizing but not greasy at all. You only need to put a little on. They suggest diluting it with water if it's too rich, but I think it's perfect the way it is. It feels light on my face, and I don't feel like I'm wearing moisturizer. It leaves my face feeling incredibly smooth - so much so that I keep wanting to feel my cheeks. It doesn't irritate the skin under my eyes at all, and they feel really smooth and hydrated. I'm considering buying a few actives and adding it to my Eminence to make my own eye cream. One of the things that bothers me about Bright-I is the chemicals - parabens and triethanolamine. If I make my own with Eminence, I don't have to worry about the chemicals. Very Happy
skin4life
5% products discount

Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

I'll let you know how my Eminence experiment goes. It's about $60. If you take a little bit out and make your own eye cream (or use it as is for your eyes) and use the rest for your face, $60 isn't bad for an eye cream and moisturizer. It should last a while too, b/c you only need a little. If you want to stretch it further I think you can dilute it with water and/or nourishing oil of some kind. I don't want to play with it too much. Why mess with a good thing?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |