Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Cheap and Effective: Earth Science
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to write this post for a while, to sing the praises of "Earth Science" products. I've tried two thus far that are ridiculously effective for the amount of money they cost.

They are:
Azulene Eye Treatment
http://www.healthsuperstore.com/p-earth-science-azulene-eye-treatment-1-oz.htm

I wouldn't say that this product does exactly what it says (there are other products that combat puffiness and dark circles much better), but it is a really effective moisturizing/smoothing eye cream for dried out, crepey undereyes. It is very soothing and creamy. I highly recommend it for the dreaded "winter-eyes," especially since it is under 10 bucks!

Secondly, I think that Earth Science A-D-E Creamy Cleanser is one of the best creamy cleansers on the market:
http://www.vitacost.com/Earth-Science-A-D-E-Creamy-Cleanser
It cleans the skin really well, leaving no residue, and supports healthy ph. My skin always feels vibrant and soft and nourished after washing with this cleanser, while still feeling very very clean. It has never made me break out and it is incredibly gentle. I use this when I cannot afford my beloved Osea Ocean Cleansing Milk, which is like ambrosia for the skin. But again, at 8 oz. for $6, this cleanser is a STEAL.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Avalange. The cleanser sounds really nice especially that it supports healthy pH. Just what I'm looking for & a definite plus when it's only $6.
happygolucky
5% products discount

Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow, they sound great, Avalange. Will try them soon.
goatlady

Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this cleanser also.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
I too have used both of these products, and I like them a lot -- especially for the price point!

However, one thing I feel I must warn you about is that the packaging for the eye cream is TERRIBLE. At first it seems good, but over time it allows air in and the upper portion of the cream will begin to dry out and become hard and icky.

I strongly recommend keeping this jar in a sealed plastic bag or container, and just decanting out a small portion every couple weeks into a smaller, more secure mini-jar.

Just my $0.02! Actually, since Avalange reminded me of this, I might switch to using that cream cleanser instead of the pricier PSF Green Tea Cleanser. We'll see!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have to add that the azulene eye cream is quite possibly the most emollient eye cream on the planet. it is really a steal!

i'm inside all day lately with the heat blasting, and then fighting icy winds when i go outside, so i'm grateful for this extra layer or protection. i think about when i used an entire bottle of cellcosmet in a similar situation and was so disappointed. and the fact that this eye cream costs so little gives me an extra spring in my step, i mean, trudge, through the snow.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
hi ginnielizz!

your idea is an excellent one--i'm going to get a smaller container or a little pump bottle and keep the rest in the fridge. this stuff lasts forever, anyway!

--avalange

ginnielizz wrote:
I too have used both of these products, and I like them a lot -- especially for the price point!

However, one thing I feel I must warn you about is that the packaging for the eye cream is TERRIBLE. At first it seems good, but over time it allows air in and the upper portion of the cream will begin to dry out and become hard and icky.

I strongly recommend keeping this jar in a sealed plastic bag or container, and just decanting out a small portion every couple weeks into a smaller, more secure mini-jar.

Just my $0.02! Actually, since Avalange reminded me of this, I might switch to using that cream cleanser instead of the pricier PSF Green Tea Cleanser. We'll see!

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
THANK you Avalange for this recommendation - That's wonderful - available from Vitacost and a great price. I am going to put both of them in my cart as soon as I'm finished with this post. And thanks for the back-up Ginnieliz.... Hey did you get married yet? Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Azulene is also available at Vitacost for just a tad over $8.00.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
avalange, are you not using the Osea eye/lip cream any longer? How does the Azulene compare to that product?
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
hi rileygirl,

i cannot live without the osea. i'm just in rationing mode right now, since i try only to buy it 2x per year.
As far as a comparison, they really are like apples and oranges!
where the osea cream is firming and amoothing, the azulene eye treatment is really moisturizing and emollient, and if you apply it too heavy, it is a blue color.
i love to swim and i always use the osea eye treatment after i swim to get rid of the marks the goggles make and to "restore" (as I see it) the eye area.
regardless, both are excellent eye creams and i really like using both of them, since they serve different purposes.
also, i might add, i love the osea in the summer more than the winter.

--avalange

rileygirl wrote:
avalange, are you not using the Osea eye/lip cream any longer? How does the Azulene compare to that product?

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 09, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review avalange, i was just going to write one for the cleanser. i have not tried the eye cream but think the cleanser is pretty good.

upon my younger sister's recommendation, i started using the ADE creamy cleanser. i am on my 3rd or 4th bottle now. i never use it alone but as a makeup remover before finishing off with a second cleanser. I think with my skin type, i would break out. Plus, i feel like creamy cleansers kinda swirl and break up oil and makeup on the skin but doesn't actually rinse them off.

i used to be absolutely addicted to DHC cleansing oil then GoW's version. Since going more natural, i can't stand using PEG-7 olivate in cleansers (the ingredient that allows the oil to be washed off), so this cleanser is a great alternative.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Great they are cheaper than any other
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:02 am      Reply with quote
really cheap and good!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Is the Azulene eye cream the one that is still blue looking in the jar??

If that is the product I'm thinking of I used to use it a few years ago and found it a bit heavy..or well I prefer gel eye products more.

The packaging for this line looks much nicer.
I used to buy a lot of that line when GNC sold it here and it used to be a red and white cheaper looking packaging.

I kind of forgot about this line as I am using more Derma E items and see those at the store here more!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |