Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone using Vit. C in conjunction with copper peptides?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Since May, I've been using SkinBiology's CP serums in the AM followed by squalane around my eyes under makeup, and AHA's in the PM and have seen minor improvement. How would I integrate a vitamin C product into this regime? Some say that you shouldn't use Vit C too soon before or after the CPs.

I used to use LaRoche Posay Active C around my eyes as a moisturiser under makeup but have stopped since I began using CPs. I still have half a tube left and hate to waste it. I also want to experiment and dissolve some Vit. C powder from Trader Joe's into a little water and pat that on to see if it speeds things up. Just not sure about the timing and combination of all products.

If this has already been discussed somewhere on this gigantic forum, please post the link. Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
They usually tell you to wait 12 hours between the 2 applications.
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
When I was using CPs I had this same problem. As rileygirl pointed out you need 12 hours between vitamin C and CPs. You could alternate the AHAs and the vitamin C every other day.

I'd suggest you look at the SkinBiology forums - they have a lot of info on the order of product application when using CPs. If I remember right, you can apply the AHA, wait a certain amount of time (30 min?) and then apply your CPs - you could do this in the evening and introduce the vitamin C in the morning.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen products lately that combine the two ingredients, how is this surposed to work?
vanbergc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:08 am      Reply with quote
I alternate Copper-peptides and VitC each day. I apply them in the morning, with my Taz (or AHA) at night. Copper and C are both anti-oxidents, so I figure they do about the same thing. I think they both stay in the skin for just about 48 hours too, so I "replenish" them at about the right time (although they don't build up in the skin as they would if used daily). Works well for me...
vanbergc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Just looked up the half-life of Vit C in the skin (VERY different from oral Vit c). One source said it was 27 days. If that's correct, then no need to worry about one day on, one day off. It's there to stay.
Sexi
5% products discount

Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use the CP at night & the Vit C mornings. AHA's I use a 50% glycolic peel 1x/week from MUAC. I use Retinol every night, (currently from platinum skin care, but next bottle will be from Cellbone)EXCEPT the night I use the peel. I skip the retinol that night & use only CP followed with Emu Oil.

Basically my routein is this:
AM Cleanse, tone, (my own toner with grape hydrosol, aloe, witch hazel, 5% lactic acid of an 88% solution, & some seamollient from GOW), Vit C, wait about 30 minutes, use a wrinkle serum, (searching for a new recipe now to save money), eye moisturizer & face moisturizer with at least SPF30.

PM, Cleanse, tone, CP, retinol & then wait. On my way to bed I put on eye & face moisturizer, (which has my active added).

Night of the peel, no retinol or active's. CP & Emu oil only this 1 night. I have an enzyme mask I like from MUAC I use twice a week also but make no change other than to throw it in between cleanse & tone. I also throw as much Tanda in here as I can as I watch TV sometimes when the darned thing will stay charged....... yep saving money for something else to replace it with right now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Sexi wrote:
I use the CP at night & the Vit C mornings. AHA's I use a 50% glycolic peel 1x/week from MUAC. I use Retinol every night, (currently from platinum skin care, but next bottle will be from Cellbone)EXCEPT the night I use the peel. I skip the retinol that night & use only CP followed with Emu Oil.

Basically my routein is this:
AM Cleanse, tone, (my own toner with grape hydrosol, aloe, witch hazel, 5% lactic acid of an 88% solution, & some seamollient from GOW), Vit C, wait about 30 minutes, use a wrinkle serum, (searching for a new recipe now to save money), eye moisturizer & face moisturizer with at least SPF30.

PM, Cleanse, tone, CP, retinol & then wait. On my way to bed I put on eye & face moisturizer, (which has my active added).

Night of the peel, no retinol or active's. CP & Emu oil only this 1 night. I have an enzyme mask I like from MUAC I use twice a week also but make no change other than to throw it in between cleanse & tone. I also throw as much Tanda in here as I can as I watch TV sometimes when the darned thing will stay charged....... yep saving money for something else to replace it with right now.

How long have you used this routine, and what results have you seen from it?
Sexi
5% products discount

Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:56 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sexi wrote:

Basically my routine is this:

How long have you used this routine, and what results have you seen from it?

I like most of you seem to be changing things always trying to find something better. My skin just so you know what I am comparing to is in this condition. 49 y/o, red hair, moderately fair skin with only a very few freckles. I have always taken good care of my skin. I did over use a tanning bed for 2 years around age 28 or so which worries me. When I got my first "sun spot" that baby was sold! LOL. Both my mother & I have a "ruddy red" skin with spider veins on my cheeks. Mom's is really much worse than mine. This is not Rosacea, no acne & nothing causes it to flare up. I have the basic start of lines & wrinkles under my eyes which is my main concern & to be honest they are probably more weight related than anything as my thyroid quit about 5 years ago & the pounds quickly piled up as the med's increased. You ask how long on the routine, hard to answer, but here is my reasoning for each thing I do. Cleanser, used several, fav currently is a creamy Lancome one, but I want to try the OCM just to see if it helps anything. My homemade toner I have used for probably 4 months & I do love it with these ingredients & I am going to add a couple things on my next bath just to try to make it better. Everything in it is calming for me & seems to help the spider vein appearance, the lactic acid I just added to my last batch to help with exfoliation a bit daily. For Vit C I tried one of Kassy's recipes - the Ferulic acid, as I had none yet & it seems to do the job just as good as expensive brands. used vit C for probably 3 years of different brands & will continue to make my own. The one sun spot I have is under my eye & yes the Vit C does fade it quite a bit. Wrinkle serum, used several & not really found the perfect one yet. Platinum skin care has one with Snap 8 in it & so far it is the best for my needs to "plump" out those pesky fine wrinkles. The serum I just made DIY I have only used a few days & had ask a question on another thread about what I done wrong LOL........

The CP at night, I am not going to buy any more after this bottle is gone, I just can't tell they done anything to be honest. The Retinol I will never give up. I have used 3 bottles in a little over a year & it has helped with texture, pore size & fine lines. Eye cream & moisturizer always used them. The weekly glycolic peels I have done for probably 9 months & find them to be the best for a good exfoliation, it really seems to "unstick the yuck" & get stuff out of your skin, will not give these up as not over used they do not irritate me at all. Emu oil is just plain healing for me after I been mean to my skin after a peel, it really makes skin feel silky the next morning. The Tanda I can tell has really helped with the spider veins & any uneven skin tone, but my Tanda is going south real fast & I need something else to replace it with but........ money right now is a very sore subject.

So you can see the same routine for a long time, just with a few changes/additions here & there & hopefully make it better. Overall I think I see good results, in regard to my sun spot, fine lines & texture, These spider veins are hereditary & aren't going anywhere soon I don't think, but I can really soothe them good.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sexi. I was specifically interested in how long you had used the CP's and if you thought they had done anything to your skin, and I see you don't feel that they have done much!
Sexi
5% products discount

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, Sexi. I was specifically interested in how long you had used the CP's and if you thought they had done anything to your skin, and I see you don't feel that they have done much!

I only used the weakest of 3 strengths, of Dr. Pinkerts, (Sorry can't spell it off the top of my head). My main reason for trying it is a sun spot under my eye. The spot is a little smaller than a pencil eraser & the only one I have/had currently. Stronger might have helped, I will never know. Since the weakest did absolutely nothing at all for it, I won't try any stronger for fear of wasting money on it again.
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sexi. I also learned from this thread and a lot of things.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:51 am      Reply with quote
I have been using both vitamin C and the CP's from Skin Biology. I use the Vitamin C int he morning and the copper peptide at night 3 times a week (I alternate with Retin A). I've been doing this for a year or so. I actually noticed some improvement with wrinkles on my neck and chest, but I didn't see much on my face. The improvement came at a time when CP's were the only thing I was using on my chest/neck. I really struggle with trying to keep 12 hours between the Cp's and Vitamin C. Sometimes I think I'm only keeping 8 hours between the two applications.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
I have been using both vitamin C and the CP's from Skin Biology. I actually noticed some improvement with wrinkles on my neck and chest, but I didn't see much on my face.

I have had similar results. I went to a new dermatologist a few months ago and she wanted to know what I put on my neck because she thought the skin looked great. I had only been using SkinBiology SkinSignals and Squalane AM and LacSal PM for about a year and a half. The skin around my eyes is slightly better in terms of crepiness but the rest of my face is pretty much the same. Maybe because I tend to have oilier skin and CPs work better on dry skin like eyes and neck?

I just started using Cosmetic Skin Solutions C+E Ferulic this week on one side of my face. I had been using Mismo Vitamin ACE serum for two months on the other side and couldn't see much difference. It was the "better" side of my face before so now at night I'm putting the C on the "worse" side which has more discoloration and acne scars so if there is improvement it will be more evident. I will continue with my CP and squalane in the morning as usual on both sides, and the control side of my face will continue with LacSal PM.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

I have had similar results. I went to a new dermatologist a few months ago and she wanted to know what I put on my neck because she thought the skin looked great. I had only been using SkinBiology SkinSignals and Squalane AM and LacSal PM for about a year and a half.

I am wondering if you are all having an improvement in the neck/chest first, as that area is thinner than the face? I am bad about taking products down my face to my neck and chest but your results sound great, so I am going to force myself to apply the CP on my neck and chest!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl,
I am using CPs (Skin Signals Cream) since the first of December. I am concentrating primarily on my neck, chest, lower jaw and forehead. I have started to see improvements on my neck/chest.. I was surprised. I thought I would see the first changes on my forehead.

I saw the first sign of a neck ring and I am hoping to erradicate it! The ring got really red the first couple of weeks and itched like crazy. Now, it no longer gets red - and the skin seems to be getting smoother. I took before pictures and will compare in about 6 months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Erg. I am using the Skin Signals cream, as well, but only a few nights a week, as I find that it leaves my skin red also. It also tingles (not sure if that is the correct word, doesn't burn but I "feel" this product!). Glad to hear that you are no longer getting red from it. I just started using that on my neck/chest last night and am hoping for the good results!!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes, really only about a week and a half of redness on my neck.
I know the itching is strange isn't it? Smile It would itch all day... ugh! Just the strangest feeling.

BTW, I am using every day now. LIke you, I used every other day to start.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I am wondering if you are all having an improvement in the neck/chest first, as that area is thinner than the face?

Good point, since oily skin tends to be thicker.

My facial skin looks firmer and better today but that is probably because I did a dermaroll Saturday night so it still might be a bit swollen. I plan to roll the first weekend of every month.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
erg and riley - I saw some redness in the horizontal lines on my neck a while ago from CPs (and itching, if I remember) and after a while - saw those lines disappate. some great improvements there from CPs!! You're not alone, so hopefully, the improvements will follow.

I remember itching from some other CP products - when first using them, I think. I don't get that anymore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks foxe! I am taking it as a good sign... something is definetely happening.

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Maybe because I tend to have oilier skin and CPs work better on dry skin like eyes and neck?

I have oily skin and the CPs work great for me. I think sister sweets has oily skin too and she's had great results.

I originally couldn't use CPs on my decollete due to sensitivity and that might've had something to do w/ it being thinner. I can use them now (with great results), but it took a while to find the right CP for it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
getting back to the original question - I am currently using Vit C w/ CPs as I get ready for a roll. I prefer the results I get from CPs better than vit C, so I usually only use CPs. But, vit C does have its merits, so I will incorporate it once in a while, like for a roll.

I use one in the morning and the other at night. They might only be separated by 8 hours, but I think that is enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
erg and riley - I saw some redness in the horizontal lines on my neck a while ago from CPs (and itching, if I remember) and after a while - saw those lines disappate. some great improvements there from CPs!! You're not alone, so hopefully, the improvements will follow.

I remember itching from some other CP products - when first using them, I think. I don't get that anymore.

Thanks, Foxe. I didn't get the itchy feeling last night or tonight, so I hope that is still a good thing! I am not getting red on my neck/chest area at all. All of the redness is on my face after using the Skin Signals cream and for a few hours after. In the morning, the redness is gone, so I will continue on and see how it goes!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Because the rolling roughs up the skin a bit with hundreds of tiny holes I notice it more when I apply my Jenulence mineral makeup. Normally, I'd be using LacSal every night to exfoliate so my skin would be smooth the next day when I applied my makeup. When dermarolling was first 'discovered' the doctor used vitamin C for a few days afterward to speed healing, so that's why I skip the LacSal. I can't wait to start using it again on the weekend. My face is till a bit red.

So I think I might try the Vit. C every Mon/Wed/Fri and LacSal the other days on only one side of my face, and only use LacSal on the control side. That way I avoid the scaly look and can still see if Vit C makes a big difference compared to only the LacSal side.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |