Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tanaka Facial Massage (bone, muscle & lymph drainage)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I *love* the Tanaka/ Zogan massage & how it has almost eliminated my NL lines, but I'm not sure whether I want to continue if my face becomes even slimmer. I think I'm going to reduce doing the massage from twice daily to once a day & make a few changes to my diet, as recommended by seanysean (increasing carbs & protein, I'm assuming). We'll see what happens. Jasminerosey, please keep us posted on how modifying the massage works out for you, and whether you notice any further or lessening of face slimming!
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
I *love* the Tanaka/ Zogan massage & how it has almost eliminated my NL lines, but I'm not sure whether I want to continue if my face becomes even slimmer. I think I'm going to reduce doing the massage from twice daily to once a day & make a few changes to my diet, as recommended by seanysean (increasing carbs & protein, I'm assuming). We'll see what happens. Jasminerosey, please keep us posted on how modifying the massage works out for you, and whether you notice any further or lessening of face slimming!

JLM, I don't think that is good to do massage twice a day. I did it at beginning but I haven't good results. My face seems tired and little saggy. When I reduced it to once a day (only in the morning) - results are better and better look every day. We discussed this fact before.

Mars has posted a link (in the other thread) about impact of too frequently massage on the older skin. It seems that there is a lots of truth in article on that link.

http://store.annabellina.com/massagemyth.html

Well, those site does not allow to copy and paste this paragraph, but as I understood problem is in fragility of facial older muscles and tissues. Look under the paragraph that begins with "Tension".

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing only the massage for a bit over a month and my face is slimmer, which sounds bad because that is not what I want. BUT it is slimmer in a good way.
It's as though the massage has gotten rid of the slightly puffy bits. And has made it ever so slightly smaller, more like when I was younger - faces do seem to get bigger as you get older. And it has given my face a nice softness that I'm really happy with.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
My face is tighter and lifted, much like it was in my twenties but the shape is better now. I think it has reduced any puffiness and defined my bone structure. I have been doing the massage twice a day when I can. I do not have sensitive skin and tolerate lots of massage without any problems...thicker skin here. I think it is wise to evaluate how your skin is responding and follow those clues. If my skin looked stressed I would have backed off. I have done facial exercises for over two years and pretty heavy duty massage so this is definitely a lighter touch than what I am used to. I LOVE IT!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Toby - Do you do all the exercises twice a day? Are you still doing facial exercise daily also?

DM - Thanks for your response. I put together the castor/jojoba oil blend as this was one of the most recommended blends for oily skin that I recall from the OCM threads awhile back. It seems to agree with my skin okay for that purpose at least! Anyway - I've been using this or jojoba for massage - I don't really have any regular moisturizer being the oily skinned creature I am. I may get some Pond's or other cheaper type for the purpose. Maybe someday I'll get the apothecary together! I'd love try the EOils I read about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets,
Since Dec. 15th I have been totally redecorating my house...got new carpet and flooring and nothing went together.....so I have been too busy for anything other than the facial massage. No facial ex.they are on the back burner. All I have done is Tanaka 2X a day and my face never looked better.It really takes me three min. Wink My pea brain can't handle too much at one time and for now this is a nice change.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am reading a book, How Not to Look Old, it has 226 reviews in amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/How-Not-Look-Old-Effortless/dp/0446699977/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1262405987&sr=8-1

My feeling is the Tanaka massage can't loss fat from the face, it is more like get rid of the puffiness, lift and tighten the face and offer a 'slim face' effect. Not sure for the others, but my face looks bigger when I'm older.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Isn't that a fun book? I love her attitude, even though I don't agree about the bangs.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Isn't that a fun book? I love her attitude, even though I don't agree about the bangs.

I also think bang is not for mature women, but the samples in the book is quite convincing.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm doing the Tanaka/ Zogan massage twice a day-- perhaps I should back off a bit then, so that I don't encounter too much "slimming" of my face? I did not think that doing the massage twice a day was too overzealous (typical me), but perhaps once a day would be better? The only thing is, I don't want to lose out on any of the massage benefits! Confused But, it sounds like most of you are doing the massage once a day and seeing positive results? Could all of you post how often you are doing the massage? Thanks!

Seanysean has pointed out that my facial gauntness is probably most likely due to diet, so I will monitor that and see what happens. I suspect that he is right-- since starting up green smoothies & soups, it seems that I have hardly any room for anything else, like good carbs & protein. Laughing
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:49 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
I'm doing the Tanaka/ Zogan massage twice a day-- perhaps I should back off a bit then, so that I don't encounter too much "slimming" of my face? I did not think that doing the massage twice a day was too overzealous (typical me), but perhaps once a day would be better? The only thing is, I don't want to lose out on any of the massage benefits! Confused But, it sounds like most of you are doing the massage once a day and seeing positive results? Could all of you post how often you are doing the massage? Thanks!

Seanysean has pointed out that my facial gauntness is probably most likely due to diet, so I will monitor that and see what happens. I suspect that he is right-- since starting up green smoothies & soups, it seems that I have hardly any room for anything else, like good carbs & protein. Laughing

I am still doing 2 times a day, just start to include additional facial massage from "Skincare Revolution", and I really like it.
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:03 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

I also think bang is not for mature women, but the samples in the book is quite convincing.

What are the "bangs"?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
critic wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

What are the "bangs"?

Hi mirjana,

"Bangs" are also known as "fringe"-- the hair that is cut in front of one's face. Very charming on little girls and on *some* older women! Very Happy
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:
critic wrote:
Hermosa wrote:

What are the "bangs"?

Hi mirjana,

"Bangs" are also known as "fringe"-- the hair that is cut in front of one's face. Very charming on little girls and on *some* older women! Very Happy

Thanks Smile I have bangs

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:

Thanks Smile I have bangs

I have bangs, too, mirjana. I actually think they make a lot of older women look younger. I think it depends on the shape of the face if one looks older or younger with bangs.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
I'd say bangs are most effective if you have a narrow face.

The other great tip I remember from her book is to stop wearing dark lipstick. I used to be a lipstick addict, and always got lipstick in deep hues. My once-full lips were shriveling away, so I slathered on even more coats of lipstick to disguise that fact. My solution -- which I don't think she suggested -- was to eliminate the lipstick altogether.

Critic, is this the Skincare Revolution that you are reading? http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Skincare-Revolution-Beautiful-Life-At/dp/4770030835
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have met the author of Skincare Revolution and own the book, and actually think its one of the best books out there. She is rather product heavy in her recommendations, but the massage techniques and lotion mask are fantastic and very easy to grasp from the photos in the book. I love the lotion mask, and hadn't come across it before reading that book, but also I love how the author considers many different factors in the aging process.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
I have met the author of Skincare Revolution and own the book, and actually think its one of the best books out there. She is rather product heavy in her recommendations, but the massage techniques and lotion mask are fantastic and very easy to grasp from the photos in the book. I love the lotion mask, and hadn't come across it before reading that book, but also I love how the author considers many different factors in the aging process.

Tell us more Sean. Did she positively glow?
You seem to have met a few of the grande dames of beauty care.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
I'd say bangs are most effective if you have a narrow face.

The other great tip I remember from her book is to stop wearing dark lipstick. I used to be a lipstick addict, and always got lipstick in deep hues. My once-full lips were shriveling away, so I slathered on even more coats of lipstick to disguise that fact. My solution -- which I don't think she suggested -- was to eliminate the lipstick altogether.

Critic, is this the Skincare Revolution that you are reading? http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Skincare-Revolution-Beautiful-Life-At/dp/4770030835

Yes, I am reading "Skincare Revolution" the Chinese edition. The author wrote a few more books, I saw them in Japan, but only 3 or 4 have translated in Chinese.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:12 am      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
llina wrote:

i'm only doing the tanaka face massage and japanese bone massage for 3-4 weeks, and have not noticed any gauntness. i think the contours of my face (eg cheeks) are more lifted, under the eye looks more filled, forehead and apples of the cheek look more rounded and smooth, and my skin quality is better. HTH hope to hear the other's feedbacks.

I am doing only Tanaka massage (stopped with TV) for a month or a little longer now and I experienced the same as Ilina. In fact I developed some hollows under my cheeks in two months as long I used Tuo Viso which I don't like, but now those hollows are filled and I like that. My face looks much softer.

In fact I still use TV two or three times a week for upper eye area (above the brows position), and that's all.

me too. i still use my dr. ho's or the tv/tua trend/ or nuface for my eyebrow area and up to the hairline (all the forehead).

i find that the massage is great for my overall face but i still think my forehead, and the furrows between my eyes can use some more work. i really dislike bumpy foreheads and find that the gadgets are quite effective and fast.

all this mixing and matching, then revising, then all over again...
* i wish there was a magic paper bag that i could put on and it would fix everything at once*

hey, that's not a bad idea. i nice brown paper bag with eyes and mouth cut-outs. perfect complexion and no wrinkles!

Laughing

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:45 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:
llina wrote:

i'm only doing the tanaka face massage and japanese bone massage for 3-4 weeks, and have not noticed any gauntness. i think the contours of my face (eg cheeks) are more lifted, under the eye looks more filled, forehead and apples of the cheek look more rounded and smooth, and my skin quality is better. HTH hope to hear the other's feedbacks.

I am doing only Tanaka massage (stopped with TV) for a month or a little longer now and I experienced the same as Ilina. In fact I developed some hollows under my cheeks in two months as long I used Tuo Viso which I don't like, but now those hollows are filled and I like that. My face looks much softer.

In fact I still use TV two or three times a week for upper eye area (above the brows position), and that's all.

me too. i still use my dr. ho's or the tv/tua trend/ or nuface for my eyebrow area and up to the hairline (all the forehead).

i find that the massage is great for my overall face but i still think my forehead, and the furrows between my eyes can use some more work. i really dislike bumpy foreheads and find that the gadgets are quite effective and fast.

* i wish there was a magic paper bag that i could put on and it would fix everything at once*

hey, that's not a bad idea. i nice brown paper bag with eyes and mouth cut-outs. perfect complexion and no wrinkles!

Laughing

You know what, when I was selling my husband to let me buy a Wellbox, I explained to him one machine can do ALL, he took a look at the picture and asked, "What? You just stuck your head inside and it can do everything?" I laughed to death.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
llina wrote:

Laughing

You know what, when I was selling my husband to let me buy a Wellbox, I explained to him one machine can do ALL, he took a look at the picture and asked, "What? You just stuck your head inside and it can do everything?" I laughed to death.

i know! the thing looks like a vacuum cleaner, really it does! Laughing but i want it so bad! Crying or Very sad i don't know how far you got with the wellbox dealer there... but the dealer here is so weird. i've been contacting wellbox for over a month now. i emailed several times, and even used the contact info that you supplied and photoqueen supplied. no answer. you know, even before i got a funny feeling about the dealer in canada. very strange and funny. i'm determined to get a wellbox, because i'm convinced it will an absolute asset to my health and beauty, but i'll have to be patient and wait this out. its strange so some sellers won't take the money that is being offered to them. i experienced this strange situation with Tua Viso/Tua Trend Canada--very strange pple. actually it was a really scarey situation (long story).

(as for the viora, they got back to be immediately... but i have wait cuz i don't know much about it. and i like ti research my gadgets first. this one i'm still on the fence with since it has electric stimulation. since, we're both off topic... i'll just continue Embarassed

critic, did you see the new talika duo led? it takes 45 seconds, amber for anti aging and green for lightening. very cool! i know i want this one to keep loney my baby q company. Laughing )

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I have seen the wellbox listed on Ebay once in awhile. Have you tried there?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I HAVE read all the posts - just forget.

Is there an estimate of how long it takes to see results - is there a constant change, does it stop at some point. I know people were noticing negative results when they stopped.

Ive only been doing hte massage every day for about 10 days now. I notice i have a nice definition at my jawline.

Just wondering if there is more good to come... Smile

ALSO... do you think if someone doesnt notice the differences we see - is that because we are imagining (hoping) or the person just doesnt stare and pick out our flaws as we would ourselves. Smile
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Seanysean was right (yet again!) about diet being the culprit to my facial gauntness. I have monitored what I have been eating for the past three days or so & making an effort to eat *really* healthfully, by incorporating more good carbs & protein. Though I have been doing a green smoothie & green soup everyday, it didn't take a rocket scientist (or dietician!) to figure out that I just wasn't getting enough carbs & protein. In just the few days that I have made these changes to my diet, my facial gauntness has reversed & I now am seeing more build in my cheeks, from what I presume to be my efforts in FE & Ageless. (I will be cross-posting this in the "graunty face" thread.)

I suspect that if there is any facial slimming associated with the Tanaka/ Zogan massage, it could be attributed to better lymph circulation, not muscle wasting or fat dispersion. I plan on resuming on doing the massage twice a day.

Mb935, judging from the photos that critic sent out, from April to November 2009, it appears that she continued to see continued improvements from the massage for at least this period of time. Perhaps the best is yet to come!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Babor Skinovage Purifying Cream (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Cellcosmet CellEctive CellLift Cream Light (50 ml / 50 g) Dremu Oil (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |