Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tanaka Facial Massage (bone, muscle & lymph drainage)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katebargold
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thread hijack Surprised
I had the wellbox and sold it 6 months later after it sat unused for 5 months Rolling Eyes
It takes an inordinate amount of time to do the face thighs tummy whatever!
It is hideously expensive and not worth it IMO.
Massage on the other hand. Oh My great an so quick and esy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:

Is there an estimate of how long it takes to see results - is there a constant change, does it stop at some point. I know people were noticing negative results when they stopped.

I thought I could see results within a week, but I suppose it depends on where you are starting from and what issues you are trying to resolve. Because I'd been doing a lot of facial exercises I felt as though my facial structure was tending to extremes, prominent cheekbones with gauntness. The massage almost immediately softened that.
Quote:

ALSO... do you think if someone doesnt notice the differences we see - is that because we are imagining (hoping) or the person just doesnt stare and pick out our flaws as we would ourselves. Smile

We are definitely our pickiest critics. Just when I am beating myself up thinking that nothing I've done has made a real difference, I'll start running into genuine compliments (not "you look great" but rather, people being shocked that I have older kids in addition to my youngest...so it seems sincere!)

With the facial massage, it's encouraging to see that there are older women with good results. I've gotten to the slightly obsessive stage where I look at the faces of older women and ask myself how I'd feel if I looked in the mirror and saw what they see. I definitely want to avoid that, so either my eyesight has to deteriorate substantially or these techniques need to work. My mom has had a ton of plastic surgery and I know that that is not the answer.
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
i still use my dr. ho's or the tv/tua trend/ or nuface for my eyebrow area and up to the hairline (all the forehead).

i find that the massage is great for my overall face but i still think my forehead, and the furrows between my eyes can use some more work. i really dislike bumpy foreheads and find that the gadgets are quite effective and fast.

llina which machine are you using for between the eyes? That area is starting to become bumpy for me too. Every time I look in a mirror that's the first thing I see Mad I'm seriously thinking about Safetox, but might wait a few months to see if they develop a model with rechargeable batteries.

Critic, how long had you been doing the massage for in your June 09 photo? There seems to be a big difference between April and June.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I HAVE read all the posts - just forget.

Is there an estimate of how long it takes to see results - is there a constant change, does it stop at some point. I know people were noticing negative results when they stopped.

Ive only been doing hte massage every day for about 10 days now. I notice i have a nice definition at my jawline.

Just wondering if there is more good to come... Smile

ALSO... do you think if someone doesnt notice the differences we see - is that because we are imagining (hoping) or the person just doesnt stare and pick out our flaws as we would ourselves. Smile

I don't think it's our imgination. People who live with us, work with us everyday might not able to tell the difference. but for people who did not see you a while will tell you the truth. People did not see me for few months will always ask if I have loss weight, and if they are women, the next question is always check which skincare I am using.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
llina wrote:
i still use my dr. ho's or the tv/tua trend/ or nuface for my eyebrow area and up to the hairline (all the forehead).

i find that the massage is great for my overall face but i still think my forehead, and the furrows between my eyes can use some more work. i really dislike bumpy foreheads and find that the gadgets are quite effective and fast.

llina which machine are you using for between the eyes? That area is starting to become bumpy for me too. Every time I look in a mirror that's the first thing I see Mad I'm seriously thinking about Safetox, but might wait a few months to see if they develop a model with rechargeable batteries.

Critic, how long had you been doing the massage for in your June 09 photo? There seems to be a big difference between April and June.

You think there is a big difference comparing April to June? I took some photo during X'mas with my team, my face looks fat and tired again on that day, maybe I was tired.... Anyway, took another one with my daughter on New Year, except wrinkles around my eyes, I was looking very OK that day.

I started the massage in April, I did it once a while, not on daily basis. I was trying to look better in summer and did the massage at least once a day in June. I just did the massage by memorizing the steps and I actually skipped 1-2 steps in each massage.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
katebargold wrote:
Thread hijack Surprised
I had the wellbox and sold it 6 months later after it sat unused for 5 months Rolling Eyes

THANK YOU for hijacking! I have planned to buy it when I'm in Hong Kong. My husband actually does not want me to buy, not because of the price (he already gave me the money to buy whatever I want), he was questioning if I will spend the time with the machine, that's why he asked if I can just stuck my head in and do everything. He saw me using the Baby Q for 3X / week for the first 2 months when I first got it, and the Baby Q has sat in the drawer for a year!
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
katebargold wrote:
Thread hijack Surprised

THANK YOU for hijacking! I have planned to buy it when I'm in Hong Kong. My husband actually does not want me to buy, not because of the price (he already gave me the money to buy whatever I want), he was questioning if I will spend the time with the machine, that's why he asked if I can just stuck my head in and do everything. He saw me using the Baby Q for 3X / week for the first 2 months when I first got it, and the Baby Q has sat in the drawer for a year!

yes, my baby q is sitting on the counter of my spa area, amongst my nice and neatly arranged gadgets, all in the "gadget area". they look pretty together! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

but seriously, i have had some of my gadgets for years. i take good care of them but i never get rid of them. Not talking i have even made a whole spa area for myself, with a refrigerator. i think of the spa area like the military's artillary department. you have to be ready! seriously, life throws me distractions, but as the years go by, i use all the gadgets when i need to. i see them as investments. investsment for health, beauty and well being!

even the tanaka and bone massage. i'm having these burn onto a few DVD's so that i can do them now, and in the future. this way, i will always have them. and perhaps a few copies for mom and my girlfriends. Very Happy

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
IMCathy wrote:
I have seen the wellbox listed on Ebay once in awhile. Have you tried there?

yes, the problem with ebay and even fabove.com, resellers/retailers is that they do not honor warranty. you have go directly to the manufacturer. on some of the CND sites, it says once you open the box, you can NOT return it.

that is the risky part. what if i buy something for $2000+, open it and realize the motor will not work due to shipping damages.

and the way the manufacturer, or even the CND distributor is not responding to emails, i don't have a good feeling! Confused i'm torn. i really need that machine!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
llina wrote:

hey neondaze,

i think i get the lumpy forhead and between the eyes cuz i'm always concentrating and giving my paperwork dirty looks! Laughing

with any EMS/TENS/microcurrent/galvanic i try to buy battery or outlet plug machines. these types of machines/units DO NOT take much battery. believe me. i have back up batteries (2A, 3A, 9V) in my drawers, cuz i'm highly paranoid, obsessive-compulsive, and have primal hoarding behavior. but i never get to use them. the problem with the rechargable units is that once the battery really dies, it is dead, and very difficult, if not impossible to correct. HTH

my fav for the forehead and between the eyes is dr ho pads. sometimes i use TV/TT/Nuface..depending on the angle and area. i use all in the eyebrow, forehead, and hairline area. sometimes i go into the hairline. remember, the muscle attachments go right back to skull. HTH

i love the tanaka massage and bone massage becuase they are natural and do things for my face and skin, that the machines can not do. i love it!

critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:

Thanks Smile I have bangs

I have bangs, too, mirjana. I actually think they make a lot of older women look younger. I think it depends on the shape of the face if one looks older or younger with bangs.

My forehead is very high (those saw my pics know what I mean, some Chinese said high forehead is no good for women, will take the power from the husband and won't get real love), so I had bangs to cover my forehead since teenanger to 30+.

I don't want people think I am pretending young so I kept my bangs long after giving birth to my 2nd baby. When I compare my before/after bangs photos, I prefer no bangs.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
I was carrying for my elderly parents (I still have both parents alive at age 64!) for the past 2 weeks (around the same time I began doing the Tanaka massage in earnest every day..following the video with Ms. Tanaka doing the massage) and was looking at my face in my parents bathroom mirror...with no natural window light..and thinking that the massage was slimming my cheek area too much (which I have dramatically built over the past year doing Ageless exercises) but when I returned home to my naturally lit bathroom mirror, I was startled to see how wonderful (tight, with my cheek built still present) my face looked..so I will continue to do the massage everyday for now.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
I was carrying for my elderly parents (I still have both parents alive at age 64!) for the past 2 weeks (around the same time I began doing the Tanaka massage in earnest every day..following the video with Ms. Tanaka doing the massage) and was looking at my face in my parents bathroom mirror...with no natural window light..and thinking that the massage was slimming my cheek area too much (which I have dramatically built over the past year doing Ageless exercises) but when I returned home to my naturally lit bathroom mirror, I was startled to see how wonderful (tight, with my cheek built still present) my face looked..so I will continue to do the massage everyday for now.

that's wonderful news!
yes, its puzzling, with the massages there are definite benefits, benefits that i cannot get achieve by using products and gadgets.

critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:

Do you prefer hour cheek area being slimmed then?

I was discussing with Moonstone on westerners have a different taste on aesthetic judgement. We don't want to have bulky cheeks, also one of the reason is Chinese also said bulky cheeks for women will bring bad luck for your marriage life, same for square face shape and jawlines.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Critic, I have always had a toned, slender face..but with age i was experiencing sag..the Ageless exercises have given me back much of my contoured cheeks (though my face is still slender) the Ianaka massage is giving me back even more tone...and I have noticed (in my own mirror which I am used to viewing myself) that my cheeks have still retained their contour from Ageless.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:47 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
You think there is a big difference comparing April to June? I took some photo during X'mas with my team, my face looks fat and tired again on that day, maybe I was tired.... Anyway, took another one with my daughter on New Year, except wrinkles around my eyes, I was looking very OK that day.

Yup big difference between April and June. I seriously doubt your face looked fat on Christmas day.
And eye wrinkles... you...? Err, no. Wink

llina, I'm a permanent frowner too. Trying to retrain myself - impossible.
What are Dr Ho pads? Same as Frownies?
neondaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am      Reply with quote
I know a few of you have been having breakouts, but is anybody getting sinus action?
I've been getting a bit of sinusitis over the last few weeks, and can't decide if the massage is making it better, worse, or has actually got absolutely nothing to do with it.

Anyone else?
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:29 am      Reply with quote
re: neondaze's inquiry
i am rather prone to sinus problems but haven't noticed any issues with this as yet. it's only been about a week since i started. definitely having the breakouts though.
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:27 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
critic wrote:

Yup big difference between April and June. I seriously doubt your face looked fat on Christmas day.
And eye wrinkles... you...? Err, no. Wink

llina, I'm a permanent frowner too. Trying to retrain myself - impossible.
What are Dr Ho pads? Same as Frownies?

dr. ho's is an electric muscle stimulator.
http://www.drhonow.com/home.php

JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
neondaze wrote:
I know a few of you have been having breakouts, but is anybody getting sinus action?
I've been getting a bit of sinusitis over the last few weeks, and can't decide if the massage is making it better, worse, or has actually got absolutely nothing to do with it.

Anyone else?

I have a deviated septum & some chronic sinus problems, but I haven't noticed the massage making anything worse. If anything, I've noticed that while I do the massage, the pressure on my sinuses are slightly relieved for the moment.
moonstone
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Happy new year, everyone!

After doing 2 months+ of Tanaka's massage together with a non-resistance program called "Faceworks". My face looks much better than previously when I was doing resistance program alone. My face is much softer and feminine while the tight, bulky and "surprised" look is totally gone!!! The hollow cheeks as a result of the resistance program have been improved by 70- 80%. The harsh lines around my mouth as well as the n/l folds start to soften out. During a X'mas party, my friend, who thought that I started to look like an actress with a bad facelift surgery in Sept, told me that now I look normal and pretty again. It was such a HUGE relief!

I'm more than pleased with the results from Tanaka's massage and can't thank Critic enough for generously sharing and recommending the massage technique with us. This is truly one of the best things I find here at the EDS forum. (and it doesn't cost me a cent!!!) Hope more members will benefit from this fabulous massage technique in the coming new year!!!

As I've been doing a few facial programs for more than a year ( Flexeffect, Ageless, Faceworks and Tanaka) , it is very excited to finally find something that works so well for me and reverse side effects from resistance program within a short period of time. For any end-users who're interested to see my progress photos, please PM me with your email address and I will gladly send you some of my photos!!! Laughing
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:

even the tanaka and bone massage. i'm having these burn onto a few DVD's so that i can do them now, and in the future. this way, i will always have them. and perhaps a few copies for mom and my girlfriends. Very Happy

Hi llina,

I was trying to download one of these videos to burn to disc, but it wouldn't let me download it. Do you have any tips on how to do this ?

thanks

Jackie xx
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Critic I saw your photos and must admit that I did think there was weightloss involved simply because in your original photo you had double chin, and in the last photo no double chin. Also the photo quality is very different the first two look like you were without make up, kind of done on the spot, but the last two looked posed. Sorry got to be honest, but I loved the Tanaka when I was originally doing it.

I didn't realise but I thought Critic was native English speaker and she isn't, which is probably why I got disasterous results on trying the bone exercises on her recommendation of just doing the same movements but using pressure. I'm sure there are details that either didn't get translated or were mistranslated. Anyhow my ruptures are finally almost gone. I'm going to give it more time before reapproaching Tanaka method, but will stick with that one alone until we get more detailed English Instructions.

Does anyone have the instructions to Pressure Massage of FE? I have searched the forum on there and I can't find them, but that was done early 2008 and people say its similar? Any ideas (PM me if you do!).
critic wrote:
mb935 wrote:
Sorry if this has been mentioned. I HAVE read all the posts - just forget.

Ive only been doing hte massage every day for about 10 days now. I notice i have a nice definition at my jawline.

Just wondering if there is more good to come... Smile

I don't think it's our imgination. People who live with us, work with us everyday might not able to tell the difference. but for people who did not see you a while will tell you the truth. People did not see me for few months will always ask if I have loss weight, and if they are women, the next question is always check which skincare I am using.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Is bone massage on video? I havent' seen that one - only Tanaka - can someone post link? I'd love to know how to download also. I tried bone based on instructions but did them wrong (but I think the instructions weren't translated properly) but maybe video would sort out my confusion!!
Jackie284 wrote:
llina wrote:

Hi llina,

I was trying to download one of these videos to burn to disc, but it wouldn't let me download it. Do you have any tips on how to do this ?

thanks

Jackie xx
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I woke up this morning still feeling amazed at how much more tight and lifted my face is (and how very very smooooth my skin is)from just 2 weeks doing the Tanaka massage...and then I realized that I started taking Chinese herbs again (from my TCM practitioner) at the same time I began doing the Tanaka massage because I was feeling an imbalance in my spleen (a low grade pain, when under stess, just below my left rib area)and I have been told, by another well-respected TCM practitioner, that facial sag is caused by spleen imbalances(which makes sense to me given what I know about the function of the spleen in TCM). Anyway, I'm now thinking that my amazing facial regeneration was a result of the combination of the massage and the herbal tea (the low grade spleen pain when under stress has completely stop also, which feels heavenly)

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
I've thought that the Tanaka massage has given me more tone and a better face shape in a few short weeks as well. (Yes, JR is right - tighter!)

It's curious & interesting that a massage so gentle and simple can produce rapid and noticeable result. I keep thinking it's a placebo effect due to something else I'm doing.

....I'd love to know what the Spleen herbs are too!!!!

Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Gotu Kola and Indian Asparagus Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) RapidLash Eyelash & Eyebrow Enhancing Serum (3 ml / 0.1 floz) Priori Minerals fx350 - Uber Finishing Powder (0.42 oz / 12g)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2023 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |