Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tanaka Facial Massage (bone, muscle & lymph drainage)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Casey.. - There is an exercise by Carole Maggio on another thread that has a nose shortener/slimmer exercise. It has given my nose a better balanced look - not wider - a little slimmer on the sides.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies and Merry Christmas!
I've been doing the Tanaka massage for a while now, but have not noticed any difference in my nose. When you guys talk of worries that the nose might get "bigger", do you mean a higher bridge, wider nostrils, or something else...? I have a tiny practically nonexistent nose and would love to make it taller if possible. So I wonder if I should skip the nose part of the massage and supplement with facial exercises as well? Critic, can you please tell me in detail what happened to your nose when you were doing Ageless? BTW, I saw your before/after pictures and your nose looks perfect! (Not to mention your skin... I'm so jealous!) Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
casey3035
5% products discount

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all. You guys are always so kind and helpful! I am truely blessed to be apart of this community.

I will continue to try the Tanaka method!
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much critic!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Those of you that are following the video. Are you just doing those that are demonstrated by the young lady? Do you do more reps than shown? I am doing these every other day and only the ones done by the "so soothing" young lady.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
As I understand the reps done by the lovely young woman are the reps to do. I don't think there are others. She does a repetition of three for almost all and that's what I do too. I have been using jojoba/castor oil for the massage and it's nice!

I try to do these everyday and have cut back on facial massage I had been doing. These are nicer. I still do some pinching of the skin to keep the thickness I've developed and to keep the collagen happy. (based on the FE massage by Deb Crowley).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been following the first set with the black hat lady because it appears to me she is using more exact movements and pressure. I first followed the second set and upon review of the whole thing decided I liked following the first one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I have been following the first set with the black hat lady because it appears to me she is using more exact movements and pressure. I first followed the second set and upon review of the whole thing decided I liked following the first one.

For some reason my pea brain has a hard time following the black hat lady as she is doing them from the models backside. I will give it another go and see what happens.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
I thought that first set is equal to second Confused
Difference is only in fact that in first set massage is given by Tanaka to model, and in second is self massage shown.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
I thought that first set is equal to second Confused
Difference is only in fact that in first set massage is given by Tanaka to model, and in second is self massage shown.

It is I just want to try it watching Tanaka and tying it to see if my hands are doing it correctly. I do love and enjoy this part of my face routine, so relaxing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have some brown lines on my neck and I never use neck cream or any cream. I have noticed that those brown lines have disappeared, surely something to do with the massage.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I have to jump in and say well done to Moonstone. I just saw her pictures on Ageless, and I think she looks fantastic (and know she has been doing Tanaka as well as exercises). Although Tanaka didn't work for me and the damage that it did is finally starting to die down, its obviously great that it works for some people.

I have to admit I wasn't 100% convinced initially when Critic sent me her photos - as there looked to me to be weightloss involved (the loss of the double chin etc) but I do think her photos show some changes just not a full 100% change only to the massage (as she did the TCM stuff as well), but you can see Moonstone has so much more beautiful definition and shape to her face that Critic's photos don't display and so they are certainly working well for her.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
Didnt you say tanaka massage works for you but the bone massage didnt? Im so confused now because you're contradicting yourself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, let me explain. The Tanaka worked for me initially, but then I was advised that the Bone Massage was the same but more pressure so did it with more pressure, and then got really disasterous results, and so went back to trying to do it the former way and no luck. I did get good results from it initially but after retrying it I've given up on it.

I went to the doctor to get his opinion and he said to stay off it entirely as he didn't think it was suitable for me. I really regret having tried the Bone part, and should have just stuck with the Tanaka one, but can't even do that one now.
faeriedust wrote:
Didnt you say tanaka massage works for you but the bone massage didnt? Im so confused now because you're contradicting yourself.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies. I've been wondering more and more about the nose issue, specifically this step:
Quote:
STEP4 Remove the blots on the nostrils and make the bridge of your nose higher

As I understand it, this consists of 2 parts: first to mvoe up and down in a ( ) motion around the nostrils, and the second is to move back and forth from the bridge of nose to apple of cheek (without going down the sides of face to collar bone). Correct?

Now, about that second part, can anyone please explain to me whether one is to use the same amount of "painful" pressure going out from nose bridge to cheek apple as well as on the way in? I can't figure out if the pressure would push my nose flatter if pressure is applied from the nose out to cheeks, or if it needs to be the other way around... Does this make sense? Confused Confused Please help! Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
casey3035
5% products discount

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Hi ladies. I've been wondering more and more about the nose issue, specifically this step:
Quote:

As I understand it, this consists of 2 parts: first to mvoe up and down in a ( ) motion around the nostrils, and the second is to move back and forth from the bridge of nose to apple of cheek (without going down the sides of face to collar bone). Correct?

Now, about that second part, can anyone please explain to me whether one is to use the same amount of "painful" pressure going out from nose bridge to cheek apple as well as on the way in? I can't figure out if the pressure would push my nose flatter if pressure is applied from the nose out to cheeks, or if it needs to be the other way around... Does this make sense? Confused Confused Please help! Thanks!

I wanted to know the same thing; because, it does seem like it would widen the nose...
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:53 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

i'm still doing the tanaka massage and love it. i've had other skin issues, so i've had to decrease the frequency to 2x per week. and due to my skin issues (sensitive, dry, rosacea) my approach is cautious, slow, and gentle. more like a 'building up slowly'. i'm anxious to get back into a daily routine!

for the 'nose' part of the massage with fat swan and casey3035. painful pressure? for myself, given my sensitive skin condition, i'm doing it gently. when i massage the area of my eyes and nose, i try to keep my eyes closed and concentrate on the feel. feeling that i'm massaging the tension out, that i'm plumping out the muscles and contouring, that i'm sweeping and detoxify away... i feel and go by sensing each area.

how much pressure is everyone else using? its so difficult to communicate in this written form, especially about a topic such as this.

critic? what do you feel when you massage your nose and eye area?

TIA

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
fat_swan wrote:
Quote:

I don't use any "painful pressure", I guess I could be doing it wrong but the name "massage" to me is a gentle pressure. Sure hope someone will clarify this issue.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary - I missed something - what doctor did you go to about the tanaka and also bone massage?

Toby - I agree - I have started watching the black hat lady and following along with that portion of the demo. I'm using a castor oil and jojoba blend and I'm surprised how much I like it. I'm going to hit up Kassy's info on using oils on the skin. There's something to that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
TheresaMary - I missed something - what doctor did you go to about the tanaka and also bone massage?

Toby - I agree - I have started watching the black hat lady and following along with that portion of the demo. I'm using a castor oil and jojoba blend and I'm surprised how much I like it. I'm going to hit up Kassy's info on using oils on the skin. There's something to that.

Sis,
In case you missed it I am crossposting here with a little addition,
you really should not massage without a lubricant of some kind, learned that at cosmetology school years ago. Most mix an oil and castor oil, jojoba is normally used alone!

From my research oils alone aren't really moisturizers, you need a humectant for that! That's why I always put my oil blends UNDER a daily or nightly moisturizer!
The addition of essential oils is if course a matter of choice I happen to have a large "apothecary" full as I adore the benefits to the skin for OCM and as a skin treatment. If you learn about the many uses you might be quite amazed!

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:09 am      Reply with quote
I went to my normal doc - after someone made the suggestion that something else might be going on in my body and thus the results. Dr said I reptured a ligament
sister sweets wrote:

JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Critic mentioned in the bone massage thread that her face has become slimmer since starting the Tanaka/ Zogan massage. I have also noticed this, although this is something that I do not want! I had originally attributed my facial gauntness to doing FE & Ageless, but now I wonder whether it is because of the massage. Has anyone else noticed their faces are becoming gaunt, who are doing the massage only?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Critic mentioned in the bone massage thread that her face has become slimmer since starting the Tanaka/ Zogan massage. I have also noticed this, although this is something that I do not want! I had originally attributed my facial gauntness to doing FE & Ageless, but now I wonder whether it is because of the massage. Has anyone else noticed their faces are becoming gaunt, who are doing the massage only?

i'm only doing the tanaka face massage and japanese bone massage for 3-4 weeks, and have not noticed any gauntness. i think the contours of my face (eg cheeks) are more lifted, under the eye looks more filled, forehead and apples of the cheek look more rounded and smooth, and my skin quality is better. HTH hope to hear the other's feedbacks.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
JLM, I am also noticing a slimming of my face...which I don't want... with doing the Tanaka massage everyday (although I love the way my face feels so energized from the massage)

Personally, I've never developed a gaunt look from facial exercises (I've been doing Ageless for a little over a year) but have developed a fullness in my cheek area (going around to the sides of my face) which I have really needed. Although I don't look gaunt from the Tanaka massage, it definetely deceases the fullness of my cheek area.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet...perhaps do the massage only a few times a week, or perhaps just focus on certain of the massage techniques that I feel are beneficial to my face and do those every day.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
*mirjana*
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:

i'm only doing the tanaka face massage and japanese bone massage for 3-4 weeks, and have not noticed any gauntness. i think the contours of my face (eg cheeks) are more lifted, under the eye looks more filled, forehead and apples of the cheek look more rounded and smooth, and my skin quality is better. HTH hope to hear the other's feedbacks.

I am doing only Tanaka massage (stopped with TV) for a month or a little longer now and I experienced the same as Ilina. In fact I developed some hollows under my cheeks in two months as long I used Tuo Viso which I don't like, but now those hollows are filled and I like that. My face looks much softer.

In fact I still use TV two or three times a week for upper eye area (above the brows position), and that's all.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |