Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Kevin Murphy Haircare Products - got any info?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Some of us frizzy-haired girls have been talking about the Kevin Murphy haircare range on another thread, but I wanted to create an individual thread for it, in order to try to find out about as many others' experiences with it as possible. It sounds really good!

Here's the website:
http://www.kevinmurphystore.com

Please post your questions, experiences and advice on the range here.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:13 am      Reply with quote
I use the LEAVE-IN.LUXURY from this line and I love it. I have fine but thick hair and it is highly highlighted. I had some breakage and started using this product and have been so impressed. I have my daughter-in-law using it as well. i live in the USA and ordered it off of ebay. It has been fabulous for my hair. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the angel wash and like it a lot. I'm going to buy the Born Again mostly for my daughter who has really damaged her hair so I'll let you know how that turns out. I've read a lot of good comments on the web and am pleased that it is sulfate free.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I really really like what I have used from this range so far. I have the angel wash and rinse which is gorgeous, I actually alternate this one at the moment with another brand. Also the Born again mask is just heaven!!! I only just used it the other day again and it leaves my hair feeling so soft, managable and doesnt weigh my hair down. I have long, frizzy, fine hair but alot of it.
So a big thumbs up from me! Smile
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb this is for the questions you asked in the other thread in which I have also answered over there aswell.

Firstly I havent tried any KM styling product or other products for that matter as of yet, but will eventually venture into more as I love the products I have tried so far.

Also I think purchasing the KM wash and rinse is definitely worth it particually if you ar not completely happy with what you are using at the moment. It has taken me a long time to find something that leaves my hair feeling soft and silky but not weighted down. But you can always start with the mask with Im positive no one will regret buying, and then move onto the S&C a little later, or see if you can get samples when you buy the mask.

Hope I have answered everything if not let me know and Goodluck ! Smile
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:27 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, this is brilliant. Thank you so much for all of your input. Please, anyone with experience of this line, keep 'em coming! Very Happy

I should have asked people in my initial post to please state what kind of hair they have, but I'm glad to see you've already been doing that. As you know, it helps greatly to know this when choosing a product.

As soon as I'm finished my Louise Galvin conditioner and masque (which I'll review after I've used it for a while), I'll also be trying out the KM line. I'll be sure to post my findings when that happens.

I'm seriously lemming the Born Again mask at the moment!
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:05 am      Reply with quote
majorb, I'd love to read your review of the Louise Galvin line. I've just heard about it and am interested in trying it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:59 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
majorb, I'd love to read your review of the Louise Galvin line. I've just heard about it and am interested in trying it.

I'm still liking it so far, miss a, but will wait a little while longer before reviewing just to make sure. I can tell you, though, that it smells divine! Very Happy
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
miss anna wrote:

I'm still liking it so far, miss a, but will wait a little while longer before reviewing just to make sure. I can tell you, though, that it smells divine! Very Happy

Where did you buy it? I live in Australia and have only found sites in the UK that stock it. Do you know if there are US sites that deliver worldwide?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:02 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
majorb wrote:
miss anna wrote:

Where did you buy it? I live in Australia and have only found sites in the UK that stock it. Do you know if there are US sites that deliver worldwide?

I live in the UK, so am able to buy in online or in person when I occasionally visit London. Sorry, I'm not sure about US websites. If I do spot it anywhere on non-US sites, though, I'll let you know on here.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I've just checked on the Louise Galvin website for stockists. There appear to be 2 in Australia, but no website addresses. Maybe try ringing them? There were no telephone numbers provided on the website, but you should be able to find them by either Googling the businesses or trying the Aussie version of director enquiries:

George Giavis, The Blonde Room, 110a Queen Street, Woollahra, NSW 2025, Australia

Grace Melbourne, 595 Malvern Road, Toorak, VIC 3142, Australia

Good luck, hope you can get hold of some! Very Happy
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Great. Thanks a lot majorb. I know George Giavis. I'll certainly give them a call.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
Great. Thanks a lot majorb. I know George Giavis. I'll certainly give them a call.

Excellent! Please let us know how you get on with the range. I really hope you find it helps.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Just to let those of you in the UK know that lookfanastic.com have a bit of a sale on Kevin Murphy products at the moment. Not vast discounts, but a couple of pounds off.

Since I still haven't finished my Louise Galvin conditioners and am happy with them, I decided to order some of the KM styling products. On their way to me are Motion Lotion, Session Spray, Staying Alive and Easy Rider. I'll post reviews after I've given them a good try out.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Just to let those of you in the UK know that lookfanastic.com have a bit of a sale on Kevin Murphy products at the moment. Not vast discounts, but a couple of pounds off.

Since I still haven't finished my Louise Galvin conditioners and am happy with them, I decided to order some of the KM styling products. On their way to me are Motion Lotion, Session Spray, Staying Alive and Easy Rider. I'll post reviews after I've given them a good try out.

Let us know on the motion lotion. It's been jumping in and out of my cart for so long I'm getting motion sickness! Can't make up my mind whether to try or not (product overload). That said, I like the angel wash & rinse but can't use it every time. Maybe my hair isn't 'fine' enough. I'm left feeling like I need more moisture..a leave-in helps. This would be ideal for those with truly fine/thin hair though. However, it does make my hair feel thicker and has more body so I'm inclined to stay with it and add a leave-in or the mask. The luxury sounds great but I think it's for coarse-haired ladies...I'm afraid it may build up on me.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Will do, marina. The products have arrived, but I'm waiting for a time when I'm not likely to be out and about or have visitors in order to try it, just in case it goes wrong! Laughing

The Angel Rinse doesn't sound right for me, then. I do need a heck of a lot of moisturisation. And even though my hair is fine, it's better with a bit of weight to it because it's also very flyaway.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a lot of error messages today, this is my third try.

Has anyone tried the KM damage hair products. There are a few. I want to buy one for my daughter who uses a GHD daily and has colored hair. Her hair is very dry and tends to break quite easily.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:06 am      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
I'm having a lot of error messages today, this is my third try.

Has anyone tried the KM damage hair products. There are a few. I want to buy one for my daughter who uses a GHD daily and has colored hair. Her hair is very dry and tends to break quite easily.

One of the products I've bought recently is Staying Alive - http://www.kevinmurphystore.com/categories/treatments/STAYING-ALIVE.htm?name=Staying.Alive

I'm currently using Sebastien Potion 9 and wonder if Staying Alive will be as good. As soon as I've had a chance to test it out, I'll let you know if it works on my damaged hair. Mind you, I don't use hair straighteners, but at least it will give you some indication as to whether it works on very dry, coloured and highlighted hair.

Does anyone else here use this with straighteners? If so, please let us know what you think of it.
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
My stylist, and her main product supplier, both recommended Pureology or Kevin Murphy to me. If you can't find Kevin Murphy in your area, Pureology products (hydrating shampoo and conditioner in the pink bottles in particular) are AWESOME. They are expensive, but worth the "splurge". Great colour protection, leaves hair very soft and shiny!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
miss anna wrote:
majorb wrote:
miss anna wrote:

This US web site sells Louise Galvin products.

http://apothica.com/louise-galvin.html
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Jom. They have a few products but not all. I think I'd need to talk to someone about them first as I'm not sure which ones I'd need. She has a travel pack in the UK which could be good to start with.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you know that I've reviewed my first KM product - the Session Spray - in the Reviews forum.

In case you haven't got time to read it, I can sum it up in one word: "Brilliant!" Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Just wanted to let you know that I've reviewed my first KM product - the Session Spray - in the Reviews forum.

In case you haven't got time to read it, I can sum it up in one word: "Brilliant!" Very Happy

Good! Now go wash your hair & try the motion lotion Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Yessir! Very Happy

Don't worry, that's next on my list. Not due to wash it until Monday or Tuesday, though, being a skanky-haired, slovenly hair person! Embarassed (It gets dry and completely unmanageable if I wish it more often, so I have a pretty good excuse. Wink Laughing )
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:24 am      Reply with quote
marina - I've now had time to give the Motion Lotion a bit of a workout and have posted my review in the Review section.

Not so much of a success for me, I'm afraid - although that might be down to it just not being particularly suited to my nightmare hair. Crying or Very sad
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |