Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Avon Alternative Anew Intensive Age Treatment revisited
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
donnakay3465

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
So I revived an old thread about the Avon Alternative Anew Intensive Age Treatment because I am so impressed with this product! But I think I'll post anew, no pun intended. SO, I've been using this for about one week AND..... yesterday while examining the pores on my nose in a 10X magnifying mirror that is suction cupped to the large bathroom mirror....... I noticed that this red bump on my nose which appeared when I was 26, (sad that I know that) which my kids think is acne, which I thought I would need to remove with laser treatments has remarkably faded!! I'd say to at least half the brightness. OMGosh! Is anyone as excited as I am??? I know that some of you have used this product and hated it. But I am getting results with a capital R. My skin is a little oily and not prone to breakouts except once a month AND I always use it with a sprinkle of water, any face cream for that matter. Well ladies, good luck and let me know if you try it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I used the first one ages ago when it first came out with great results! After I moved many states away I never found a new agent, just too hectic life! I should check out online and see about the new and improved one, I loved the way it worked for my skin! Thanks for posting and reminding me I just let it slip from my mind! Great review!

Thanks Again,
DM

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:01 am      Reply with quote
No really, thank you DM! Thanks for your response and amening my analysis. I hope other women give this a try. There's something more than just a wrinkle fighter in it. It appears to be healing to my not so young skin. Yes, I'm worshipping at the altar of Avon Anew!!

It's just when you are used to seeing your skin get older looking every year and suddenly you look a few years younger ......... well, you take note.

I just went online to the Avon website DM and I see it being sold as AM and PM formulas. The AM is on sale for $22. That's a steal imo.

If anyone tries it and hates it, I'll buy it from you up until my cupboard is stocked - in the continental US that is.

Best Regards

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 am      Reply with quote
donnakay3465,
I know when I order I would buy both! I loved the original formula and used it day and night, if memory serves me correctly they had a patent and were the first to use AHA in a skincare-antiaging formula! My cousin used to sell Avon and we lived close, we both had to move for different reasons, she to Virginia Beach and me to Florida! She stopped selling.

I want to try the new line, I know the original did more for my skin than a load of really expensive creams!

Thanks for the info about the sale! I think I will get my self a little XMASS PRESANT!

All my best,
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
I think that this one is one the best Avon's product.
And than...here on Croatian market, this one disappeared from Avon catalogue and was replaced with Reversalist line which I heard about is nothing but bunch of silicone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
*mirjana* wrote:
And than...here on Croatian market, this one disappeared from Avon catalogue and was replaced with Reversalist line which I heard about is nothing but bunch of silicone.

I am sorry to hear that, can you check eBay? There are Avon representatives there!

HTH
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
*mirjana* wrote:

I am sorry to hear that, can you check eBay? There are Avon representatives there!

HTH
DM

Yes I checked and I found some representatives, than I bought something else and lost myself Laughing
Anyway I think I will bought it again for some time - right now I am using RA so I think it will be better to avoid AHA for the moment.

As I said this is their best product - for skin care, but I am in years addict to Avon lip liners - Ginger Rich and Mystery Mauve - I have one of both colors in my purse, one in my office desk, and one in my bathroom. Without them I am woman without lips. Those lip liners are the best I found.

And that's all what Avon can offer to me for now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
A family friend is a rep and she is always raving on about a few products and Im certain this is one of them ... or atleast something that sounds similar. I have not ventured into the Avon skincare line although admit been tempted once or twice. However I used to love one of there hydra quenching lipsticks I think it was until it appeared the formulation had changed Sad
donnakay3465

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Why does this always happen?!! Is it one of that Murphy dude's laws? I just found out that Avon is indeed replacing my new bestest buddy Anew Intensive Age Treatment! Sheeeesh! I suppose I will reluctantly drag my feet, Sad then break down and try the new stuff, that *mirjana* referred to, the Avon Regenerist. And that is why you couldn't find it in Croatia dear Woman without Lips, Razz they have replaced it!

I don't care that it's the weirdest smelling product ever, it took that 20 year old blemish off my nose. As of this morning it is nearly GONE! Can you understand my angst? Although I did take your advice DM and searched eBay. My thoughtful husband bought me three bottles for 15.99 each, free shipping! "There, there now. Sniff. Sniff."

Pal, and other beauty seekers, I find the Avon Anew to be a good overall product. It always improved the texture of my skin and minimized lines. But I was never wowed until this product. I'll be looking for Regenerist reviews.

Cheers!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I can't tell you how much this trend has driven me to the brink over the last several years! I don't understand the insanity of cosmet companies, they get a loyal following on a product and then oh we are discontinuing it! I have developed a habit of buying in multiples of my favorite products for this very reason!
Thank God for a very considerate hubby you have!

DM

donnakay3465 wrote:
Why does this always happen?!! Is it one of that Murphy dude's laws? I just found out that Avon is indeed replacing my new bestest buddy Anew Intensive Age Treatment! Sheeeesh! I suppose I will reluctantly drag my feet, Sad then break down and try the new stuff, that *mirjana* referred to, the Avon Regenerist. And that is why you couldn't find it in Croatia dear Woman without Lips, Razz they have replaced it!

I don't care that it's the weirdest smelling product ever, it took that 20 year old blemish off my nose. As of this morning it is nearly GONE! Can you understand my angst? Although I did take your advice DM and searched eBay. My thoughtful husband bought me three bottles for 15.99 each, free shipping! "There, there now. Sniff. Sniff."

Pal, and other beauty seekers, I find the Avon Anew to be a good overall product. It always improved the texture of my skin and minimized lines. But I was never wowed until this product. I'll be looking for Regenerist reviews.

Cheers!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I was just reading this thread, and like DarkMoon, I used to use this (and liked it) but got away from doing much ordering from Avon. We used to have a rep working in our office which gave me access to monthly catalogs, and it was more convenient ordering. With this one, I saw an improvement in Skin tone in about two weeks.

I happened to order glimmersticks from AVON recently and got the Jan. catalog in the mail. I see this in the day cream and eye cream in Anew Chart. I see the day cream with 25 SPF and eye cream on sale ($27 from $32), but haven't yet found the night cream. (I don't believe that I tried the eye cream.)

Yep, it looks like it was replaced by that Reversalist. Says it has "activin". I googled that and got:
A polypeptide growth factor that is synthesized in the pituitary gland and the gonads and stimulates the secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone.

The ingrediants in the new cream are:

WATER/EAU
DIMETHICONE
CYCLOPENTASILOXANE
GLYCERIN
ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE
ETHYLHEXYL SALICYLATE
GLYCOLIC ACID
DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER
HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE
PEG/PPG-19/19 DIMETHICONE
POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE
PHYTOL
THIODIPROPIONIC ACID
THIAZOLYLALANINE
SESBANIA GRANDIFLORA FLOWER EXTRACT
AMORPHOPHALLUS CAMPANULATUS RHIZOME/ROOT EXTRACT
PUNICA GRANATUM FRUIT JUICE
PALMITOYL LYSYL AMINOVALEROYL LYSINE
AGAROSE
DIMETHICONOL
BUTYLENE GLYCOL
CARBOMER
AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE
SODIUM CHLORIDE
PARFUM/FRAGRANCE
PHENOXYETHANOL
DISODIUM EDTA
METHYLPARABEN

Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |