Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Best Lash Serum You Have Used With Few Or No Side Effects?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Pls give your review! Thanks
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
BF, I've used RevitaLash (both formulae), Latisse (in lumigan form), and Rapidlash. I loved the original RevitaLash, but at that time I would have loved any product that actually caused lash growth. The second formula of RevitaLash didn't do much for my eyelashes, just conditioned them. Lumigan gave me long thin, spidery lashes.

Now to my favorite: RapidLash. It's in a gel form, so it doesn't get in my eye as easily as RevitaLash or Lumigan did. I've been using it for a little over 6 weeks, and not only is there length, there is volume and the lashes are very dark and have a tendency to turn up!! I am stunned, as my lashes are stick straight. I have also used RapidLash on the inner edge of the eyebrows, and new hair has grown there for the first time since I lost my eyebrows during chemo. I am hooked on this product! Purchased mine on eBay for $38. As to side effects, I have had none with RapidLash. It does not contain prostaglandin, but I believe it does contain a deriviative of it which is fine with me. This is a milder product in general than anything I used before, but more effective. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Plain old castor oil. This give my fuller lashes but not longer.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting everyone. I used the Jan Marini Revitalash product and had some results -growth in terms of length and then I went to Careprost (from ADC in India) and got the long spidery lashes that JJ mentioned in her post above. Don't get me wrong - it's very nice and I get compliments from the BF but still.. The RapidLash and Johns product sound worthy of trying. I like the long lashes but would be nice to have a little more of them! They have gotten a bit too spidery. And I like the aspect of conditioning. I've started alternating the Castor Oil with Careprost.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,
I will say I love the Never Over The Hill serum! I am sure by now you know my eyes are sensitive so I just never dared try any prostalandans or the analogues, this gives length thickness and great condition! For me anything that close to my eyes that causes no irritation and lives up it's claims is a golden find for me! I love this product! You can't beat the price either! I know I sing it's praises but I have such a difficult time finding any product to use around my eyes that I am very enthusiastic about this! It works!!

HTH
DM
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you found this. I am sure it's a lot healthier of an option in general and if it allows for overall better lashes - good deal.

I've appreciated John's knowledge of product and have made decisions based upon what I've learned from him.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis,

That makes 4 of us you, me, and both my eyes!

DM
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to clear up any confusion brought up on other lash enhancing threads! I am not using anything for lashes to achieve the results posted other than the NOTH lash serum! Apparently since I purchased Lumigan and then decided against using it at all, some are under the impression that I was using both together. The Lumigan sits unopened and will not be used by me! I am thrilled with the NOTH serum all on it's own!

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
NOTH or DM,

could you, please, post the ingredients list?

DM - this is very encouraging, since it seems you and I have the eyes that react to almost everything. Also, I know that you prefer a more natural approach, as do I, so it makes it even more appealing.

TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
NOTH or DM,

could you, please, post the ingredients list?

DM - this is very encouraging, since it seems you and I have the eyes that react to almost everything. Also, I know that you prefer a more natural approach, as do I, so it makes it even more appealing.

TIA

Ingredients List: Water, Glycerin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethoxydiglycol, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters, Polysorbate 20, PEG-16 Macadamia Glycerides, Acrylates / C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/product.sc?productId=13&categoryId=9

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:

Now to my favorite: RapidLash. It's in a gel form, so it doesn't get in my eye as easily as RevitaLash or Lumigan did. I've been using it for a little over 6 weeks, and not only is there length, there is volume and the lashes are very dark and have a tendency to turn up!! I am stunned, as my lashes are stick straight. I have also used RapidLash on the inner edge of the eyebrows, and new hair has grown there for the first time since I lost my eyebrows during chemo. I am hooked on this product! Purchased mine on eBay for $38. As to side effects, I have had none with RapidLash. It does not contain prostaglandin, but I believe it does contain a deriviative of it which is fine with me. This is a milder product in general than anything I used before, but more effective. ~ JJ

Thanks JJ Smile
This is what my vochure is going towards next year, I was going to try something else but decided against it. This sounds really good for your and other users post.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Lacy,

thank you for posting the ingredients for me.

Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31388323/vp/34330338#34330338

Dr. Nancy Snyderman, MSNBC discusses Latisse

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

ParisTroika,

Thanks for posting the link! Very informative!

DM
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:

ParisTroika,

Thanks for posting the link! Very informative!

DM
Smile

I've been a member of this site a very long time. I've witnessed countless threads on lash products. I just like to stay informed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika,

I feel the same that's the reason I chose not to use any products with prostaglandins or the analogues, I researched and read threads here and elsewhere the risks were not worth it for me personally! I hope more will do the same before jumping in! We need to be informed consumers and then make our choices based on facts!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Careprost - carefully. I will say the long lashes are nice. I've never experienced any of the side effects - itching, redness and no discoloration. I've been checked for glaucoma and that's not an issue. But it is in the back of my mind... Always good to hear pros and cons for such things. Thanks for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sis,
My biggest reasons for deciding against it were sensitivity of my eyes, the shedding and odd growth direction of lashes reported by some! The darkening of the iris isn't remotely an issue for me as my eyes are just about black they are so dark!
I am glad you are having such great results with it!

DM

sister sweets wrote:
I've been using Careprost - carefully. I will say the long lashes are nice. I've never experienced any of the side effects - itching, redness and no discoloration. I've been checked for glaucoma and that's not an issue. But it is in the back of my mind... Always good to hear pros and cons for such things. Thanks for sharing.
Smile Sad Smile Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear you had good results with rapidlash. I just purchased it. will post results soon Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting this thread! I am having a really difficult time deciding between Rapidlash and NOTH product! I would like to try a product that not only lengthens but also promotes thickness! Sensitivity is an issue!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
Thanks for starting this thread! I am having a really difficult time deciding between Rapidlash and NOTH product! I would like to try a product that not only lengthens but also promotes thickness! Sensitivity is an issue!

I wouldn't presume to tell you what to chose, I stayed away from all prostaglandins and the analogues due to sensitivity issues! That's why I chose NOTH serum and am glad I did! Just what made sense for me personally!

DM

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi!

I'm new here and have been enjoying your informative posts regarding both products. I'm trying to decide which to choose. Some of you say that Rapidlash is easier to use because it is a gel formula. I'm all for easy! Is the shipping expensive for the Noth? I went to the website and the price is great but they don't mention shipping fees. Also it states you can see results in 2-3 weeks. Is that true? Sorry for all the questions, but any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Very Happy
NOTCH
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Wildfiah, welcome to the board! I have posted a "private message" to you with answers to your questions. Look in the "message" area of this forum and open up your new message to read the answers.

Hope this helps,

John

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Most helpful, indeed! Thank you for your quick reply, John. Based on some of the posts here, I think I know which one I'm going to try. I especially want something that won't irritate my eyes since I do wear contacts. Thanks again!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Wildfiah,

Shipping was fast for my order!

I saw some results at the 2 weak mark but really noticed a big difference in a month! I have terribly sensitive eyes and have no irritation with NOTH lash serum! I find my lashes have a nice conditioned effect as well as length and thickness!
Welcome BTW!

DM
Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |