Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Is Anyone Using Osmosis Catalyst?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if anyone is using the new Osmosis Catalyst product that Joella Milan is selling. http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Catalyst-30-mil-_p_612.html If so, how do you like it?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Nope, but I have been trying to find out information about it! I am waiting for the ingredient list to come out! Do you use any osmosis products, jom?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Nope, but I have been trying to find out information about it! I am waiting for the ingredient list to come out! Do you use any osmosis products, jom?

I've been using a couple of the powders and like them. I used to use the sunscreen/moisturizer, I think it's called Protect. I liked that too. I asked Joella for the ingredients for Catalyst but at that time she didn't have any product that had labels on it. It looks like she added an ingredient list to her web site. Though it may not be comprehensive.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I've been using a couple of the powders and like them. I used to use the sunscreen/moisturizer, I think it's called Protect. I liked that too. I asked Joella for the ingredients for Catalyst but at that time she didn't have any product that had labels on it. It looks like she added an ingredient list to her web site. Though it may not be comprehensive.

Definitely not a comprehensive list. I would like to find out what exactly the SRGF-7 is, and what makes this so special!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am bumping this to see if anyone has tried this yet. I still can't find a complete ingredient list. However, what just dawned on me was that this product contains both copper and L-ascorbic acid. Has something been discovered recently where the 2 can be used together?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Bringing this back up, as I just see the ingredient list in case anyone is interested.

Water, Calcium Ascorbate, Alchohol Denate, Proline, Glycine, Glycerin, Lysine HCL, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Zinc Gluconate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Copper Gluconate, Silica, Clear Purified water, enhanced with the following frequencies: Fibroblast Growth Factor, Keratinocyte Growth Factor, Oxygen, ATP, Antibacterial
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am bumping this to see if anyone has tried this yet. I still can't find a complete ingredient list. However, what just dawned on me was that this product contains both copper and L-ascorbic acid. Has something been discovered recently where the 2 can be used together?

The citric acid is a mild chelating agent as well as a ph adjuster.

You can check at:
http://www.makingcosmetics.com

HTH
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

You can check at:

HTH
DM

So, does the citric acid make it ok then to use LAA and copper together?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Without posting a long study the answer is yes. That is all over the Green Tea and Vitamin C thread already! Smile Chelators prevent an interaction between acids like LAA and metals.

rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

You can check at:

HTH
DM

So, does the citric acid make it ok then to use LAA and copper together?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw an ad for this in the
IECSC Las Vegas show program and started researching because it specifically mentions healing melasma, which I have a bad case of.

I just want to bump this to find out if anyone else is using this or if there is more to report on results. I would love to get it but it is expensive. However if it works than it will save me hundreds if not thousands of dollars into the future and that measly $120 is a small price to pay!

Is there somwhere to buy the products discounted, unfortunately I do not have any esthetician friends that work in a salon that carry this product line. I hardly ever pay full price for anything anymore and have a hard time justifying buying anything not discounted.

Thanks!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
JoElla sells the Catalyst. (She gives a slight discount.) I am still holding off on purchasing it. To me, the claims that they are making with that product make it sound like a drug - not a topical, and I have learned the hard way through loss of money that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
JoElla sells the Catalyst. (She gives a slight discount.) I am still holding off on purchasing it. To me, the claims that they are making with that product make it sound like a drug - not a topical, and I have learned the hard way through loss of money that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanks and I agree they have some very strong claims!!! Usually there is a "may" in front of the "help". This product just skips right over that and goes straight to the 100% effective for everyone everywhere with everything! Well not really, but they may as well have! Wink
I may break down and buy it next week, depends on if my ultrasound machine sells on ebay or not. Laughing
I wonder if this serum can be used with the dermal roller.25? I see on her website that it can be used with LED lights so I could use it with my Quasar! It is so tempting to get this! I have to take a step back and take a big breath, I would love to get rid of my melasma, I've had it for a decade, it currently covers over 50% of my face so it is pretty extreme. I will try to wait and see if anyone responds with good reviews!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
If you end up getting the Catalyst, please post back with your results! Have you considered Nu Derm for your melasma? I know some are definitely against the hydroquinone, but that is still the only line (as of right now!) that has ever worked for me. I didn't have melasma, but bad sundamage/hyperpigmentation and Nu Derm wiped all that out. Just a thought if you are not against the hydroquinone.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I second your sentiment on the claims and that's a hefty price!
JMHO
DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
If you end up getting the Catalyst, please post back with your results! Have you considered Nu Derm for your melasma? I know some are definitely against the hydroquinone, but that is still the only line (as of right now!) that has ever worked for me. I didn't have melasma, but bad sundamage/hyperpigmentation and Nu Derm wiped all that out. Just a thought if you are not against the hydroquinone.

RileyGirl, I have used the Obagi Nuderm and it did work for me but when I stopped using it my melasma came back with a vengence! It was twice as dark as it had been originally and covered twice the area too. I have an olive complexion and I scar very easily, I don't know if that contributed to it returning stronger or not. I have decided that HQ is not for me, plus I believe that it breaks down the collagen in your skin based on what I have been told by some other skin professionals I have spoken to. That is the last thing I need. LOL
I am thinking I am going to order this next month. I am almost out of my Brighter By Nature from Origins so it will be a good time to make a switch.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
MoxieMama wrote:
RileyGirl, I have used the Obagi Nuderm and it did work for me but when I stopped using it my melasma came back with a vengence! It was twice as dark as it had been originally and covered twice the area too. I have an olive complexion and I scar very easily, I don't know if that contributed to it returning stronger or not. I have decided that HQ is not for me, plus I believe that it breaks down the collagen in your skin based on what I have been told by some other skin professionals I have spoken to. That is the last thing I need. LOL
I am thinking I am going to order this next month. I am almost out of my Brighter By Nature from Origins so it will be a good time to make a switch.

Moxie, I had the same reaction when I stopped using HQ products...it is called rebound pigmentation.

I have diffuse melasma, and the only other product that helped me was Vivite Vibrance, which I got at a discount on ebay. I may still have some pics showing the improvement...I'll see if I can find them.

Ok, sorry for going off topic! Embarassed

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, We seem to have two current threads discussing Osmosis Catalyst so we are locking this first thread to avoid having replies scattered between the two and ask that you please participate on this thread instead http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=517722#517722 which furthers the discussion. TIA.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |