Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Carolyn's Facial Fitness
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi! I've been doing facial exercises for 2 1/2 years now, started with Ageless but have been doing Facercise for the last year.
I am very happy with the results, but, somehow, I find it difficult to learn the exercises, I always need to check the book and it is kind of time consuming, plus having to do them daily twice a day is a little too much for me.
I have been considering Carolyn's program for a couple of reasons: one is that, apparently, five times a week is enough.
What has really fascinated me though, is the mention of exercises for the earlobes. So, I would like to ask the ladies who have been using this program what they thought of these exercises, as well the ones for the decollete and the hands. Have they seen any improvements?

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I do the earlobe exercise when I think of it, but its not regularly but I love the decollete exercise in the book. There's not really exercises for the hands in the kit, but Carolyn did put a bit on her website which I've tried and gave me some great tips (like putting cream on hands at night and covering with cotton socks - they're much better and comfortable than gloves) and I've seen a huge difference. Also I really like Carolyn, she's always very responsive (and thats something compared with other facial exercise teachers. Only one who has also responded to queries is Maggio, but it takes her a good week - can't say same for any others).
lilome wrote:
Hi! I've been doing facial exercises for 2 1/2 years now, started with Ageless but have been doing Facercise for the last year.
I am very happy with the results, but, somehow, I find it difficult to learn the exercises, I always need to check the book and it is kind of time consuming, plus having to do them daily twice a day is a little too much for me.
I have been considering Carolyn's program for a couple of reasons: one is that, apparently, five times a week is enough.
What has really fascinated me though, is the mention of exercises for the earlobes. So, I would like to ask the ladies who have been using this program what they thought of these exercises, as well the ones for the decollete and the hands. Have they seen any improvements?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 07, 2011 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I do like that exercise for sure, and it is a great one in addition to the 3 exercises re cleansing and moisturising too I think and it has helped my skin. I think Carolyn got the idea from Stamford Bennetts stuff and does use the information from his system in a much more up to date fashion in my opinion and its much easier to understand her stuff than it is his.
JLM wrote:
I wonder about that Face Firmer exercise, TheresaMary-- (and thanks for pointing out that it's not on the CFF website homepage!). I also notice a "glowiness" from doing it, but I don't think it feels good! I feel like it definitely takes an effort to do! But perhaps what I'm seeing right now in terms of changes to my face is actually "incorporation" of the muscle build that I've made? I have to say, my face looks so much better! I think Ageless for cheeks (and definitely the AgelessSexy puckerup exercise) is out for me.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 3:23 am      Reply with quote
BTW did anyone get a newsletter for this year, I suddenly realised the other day I hadn't got one so far, and just wondered if I'd been missed off the list?
dickymoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I didn't get one
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all!
I purchased Carolyns program a month ago,after first trying Eva Frazer,which i didn`t understand very well.
The reason i went for Carolyns was that she had the best before and after pictures on her site.There is a great distinction from what FE can measure up with on their photoes.
I liked her mosturizer cream alot,one of the best i have tried,and one of the very few my skin tolerates.
Plus,her neck excerises.She is the one that has the "killer"where you lie down and turn your head to the left and right.
The major reason i bought her DVD,was that i had a serious rapidly aging neck with sagged skin and rings.
Great improvements on my neck already.
After the initial pictures i sent her,she adviced me only to excerise my face twice a week,not to overbuild.(My face is still firm,with no wrincles)
But i do have a problem with the eye-exercise.Two of them seem to drag the skin more,and i hear you talk about FE`s eye-exercise as very good?Any advice you want to share with me?
I am reluctant to buy yet another program..And all this with mix and match confuses a newbee like me Embarassed

(Please excuse my English)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 5:41 am      Reply with quote
I think though a lot of Carolyn's stuff is borrowed from other systems and she puts her own twist on it. For example the befores and afters page she has she blatantly copied from FlexEfect (commonly referred to as FE).

With her neck exercises though, I got to say thats one she definitely adapted from Facercise. You got to give credit where credit is due. Also the cheek pumps etc are Facercise. She never gives credit for any system she's taken from which is a bit bad in my book and I never understand why she just doesn't say where she got it from or adapted it from. The Nose Shortener too is a Facercise product. She makes no hide of saying she purchased every program going, so why not just give credit to those she borrowed from?

What was her recommendation on the eye exercise. I'm a member on a UK forum, and there is a youngish girl there (in her 30's) also called Theresa (but half my age but very pretty) and she was doing Carolyn's stuff and followd her guidelines and is really panicking because she thinks she's ruined her face. Something about her eyes are more hollowed. I've asked her if she spoke to Carolyn, and she said she has (but it doesn't sound right to me what she says she has said) but she's claiming its damaged her lower lids and that she looks older. I'm watching her case with caution and will be very interested in how she solves it. I might tell her to come on here and tell her story.

How long have you done the exercises Zenia? I know you mentioned Eva Fraser, but did you find her eye exercises helpful? It may be that a month is too short a time for those muscles to come together. Most programs need a year or longer to deliver results of the kind we're all seeking.
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I agree with you,she should give credit to those who are due.
Maybe you should tell that girl on the other forum to post here?That would have been very helpful.Please update us on her case anyway.

I also found that 2 of Carolys eye exercises dragged my under-eye skin.So i stopped immidiately.Somehow you instinctivly feel when something is wrong.
It was through Eva i frist learned eye-excerise and i actually practised them separately(and did not do my entire face)since last summer.My eyebrows lifted,and the same with the eyelids.
Unforunately she also has one exercise that in my opinion drags the undereye-skin.I skipped that one.
You don`t want to make a problem worse right? Laughing
Instead i did just squeeze my eyes tightly together in hope of filling out the hollowness under the eyes,which is a problem in my case.
I have not seen much result here in one year,but have increased the intensity in this recently.Praying i am not doing any damages..

So,does FE have a really good exercise for adressing hollowness under the eyes?If so,is there a sample i can watch somewhere?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Well I messaged her this morning, also pointed her in another forum's direction where she may get help so who knows.

Eva's lower lid exercise I know of doesn't have any pulling on the lower lid. I think you need some resistance to work the muscle, but I know what you mean its scary at first to do so. You might like Maggio's Facercise exercise for the lower lid (which is similar to Carolyn's where you do the V shape with your fingers - in fact she probably got it from there).

FlexEffect is very aggressive so if your scarred by the others, I would stay away from it as its more aggressive on the face and it sounds like your scarred already by the others.
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:06 am      Reply with quote
The 2 exercises i am talking about is #4 Eye flex and #5 Lower Eyelid stretch.
The Eyeflex is really hard to learn,and to do right,so if that is what FE has in their program,i am not doing it.There has to be a better way to adress that area.
I am against stretching the thin skin under the eyes,even though i saw Ageless also has it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:26 am      Reply with quote
I'm talking about Eye Flex (which is from Facercise).

FlexEffect doesn't have that one, but does have an exercise which stretches the skin, which is why I think its not for you. You sound too scared to do it.

I understand, as I was once that way too, but I got desperate and tried it and it works for me. So maybe you speak with Carolyn and tell her your fears. Just squeezing your eyes will wrinkle them also - but it won't work muscles much!
Zenia wrote:
The Eyeflex is really hard to learn,and to do right,so if that is what FE has in their program,i am not doing it.There has to be a better way to adress that area.
I am against stretching the thin skin under the eyes,even though i saw Ageless also has it.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Eva's lower lid exercise only has you place a fingertip near eye corner, so you do not pull skin of eye, maybe you should try that one again?
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:35 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I'm talking about Eye Flex (which is from Facercise).

FlexEffect doesn't have that one, but does have an exercise which stretches the skin, which is why I think its not for you. You sound too scared to do it.

I understand, as I was once that way too, but I got desperate and tried it and it works for me. So maybe you speak with Carolyn and tell her your fears. Just squeezing your eyes will wrinkle them also - but it won't work muscles much!
Zenia wrote:

Thank you for help!It would be intresting to know what exercises the girl you know did,from Carolyns program.If it actually was the Eye Flex i will be careful.Eva has one where you squeeze the eyes,but its not an intense move.It is supposed to work the orbitalis around the eyes,so i get the principle.In a coulpe of other of Carolyns exercises you do squeeze the eyes,like in #10,and also partly in the Jowl firmer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:42 am      Reply with quote
She said she was doing everything 3x a week. But she was only 30 though - and from what I can gather maybe too young to start the exercises as she didn't have any issues and from what she said that was her goal, preventing issues. She said she followed the routine to the letter and spoke with Carolyn about it and was just told not to exercise any longer. I do hope she comes on here, but she's not responded to my message yet so who knows?

Speak to Carolyn and tell her your concerns, as she is really nice and I'm sure will be able to suggest something to you!
Zenia wrote:
Thank you for help!It would be intresting to know what exercises the girl you know did,from Carolyns program.If it actually was the Eye Flex i will be careful.Eva has one where you squeeze the eyes,but its not an intense move.It is supposed to work the orbitalis around the eyes,so i get the principle.In a coulpe of other of Carolyns exercises you do squeeze the eyes,like in #10,and also partly in the Jowl firmer.
dickymoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zenia
When you do the lower eyelid stretch where are you putting your hands?
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 am      Reply with quote
dickymoe wrote:
Hi Zenia
When you do the lower eyelid stretch where are you putting your hands?
I put them resting on the cheekbones,and very lightly.Then you are supposed to stretch by closing the eyes.The resistance you get from closing your eyes,is simply not enough to make up for the dragging on the skin that occures by making this happen.You see?
I looked in my mirror and was horrified.My skin is so thin,it took a day to recover,and a lot of EES(Easy eye solution)to straighten it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 7:14 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
She said she was doing everything 3x a week. But she was only 30 though - and from what I can gather maybe too young to start the exercises as she didn't have any issues and from what she said that was her goal, preventing issues. She said she followed the routine to the letter and spoke with Carolyn about it and was just told not to exercise any longer. I do hope she comes on here, but she's not responded to my message yet so who knows?

Speak to Carolyn and tell her your concerns, as she is really nice and I'm sure will be able to suggest something to you!
Zenia wrote:
You may be right,30 is perhaps a too young age to start.I wouldn`t have started any prevention at that age.And i spoke to Carolyn about exercising my face,as it is still firm,except for the hollowness under the eyes,and the sagged neck.I was concerned if this was necessary,and she did advice me to take it lightly.Once twice a week.So if she gave me(43) that advice,it would be natural to advice a 30 year old the same?
About the eye-exercises she told me to continue,telling all muscles work together etc.
I will see if i dare try once more.
Thanks for all input!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm not so sure she is right that 30 is too young to do exercises, but I suspect that maybe she needed a different program than Carolyns. I'm hoping she gets herself sorted though. She had been doing them since December apparently and so was very upset.

From her message she did liaise with Carolyn a lot and said she was told to do them 3x a week max. When the eye problems showed up, she emailed Carolyn and had to send photos and said Carolyn said to stop all exercises. Thats not uncommon advice when problems show up, but she says she's not done them for 2 months now and the eye problems are still there. Sounds suspect to me. I know of some other girls who are younger than her on another forum who do exercises and swear by them so it does make me wonder.

Anyhow she seems very sweet and I do hope she stops by here as I am sure she'll find something that will help her. But it is worrying that she gave you very different advice. I seem to recall on my kit I got a newsletter with different suggestions as to how many times a week to do the exercises, but saying that I've not had a newsletter this year (am wondering if she stopped doing them).
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Are you doing Carolyns program yourself TeresaMary?And do you see effect?

I was recommended only to do it twice a week on the face,but five times for the neck.I said i wanted to only do the "squeezing of the eye-exercise" and she couldn`t approve that,as her program was based on all execerises working together.
I will ask more in detail about the EyeFlex and Eyelid stretch.
Do you do the facial firmer also under the eyes?She did not have the demonstration on the DVD,and i am uncertain about if i am performing it right.
Hope the young girl you know will find something to help!!
Our risk in doing this,is exactly that something may go wrong,.. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 22, 2011 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've done facial exercises for the past 10 years, and do parts of them at different times depending on my needs. I definitely still see results which is why I continue to do them, but I'm in my 60's now.

I do like Carolyn's program in that its a combo of massage and exercises and is relatively gentle, but I find that my face sometimes needs rough handling to really show up good results.

Most programs you purchase nowadays advise you to do everything because the muscles are all interconnected. So Carolyn's not alone in that approach, even with Ageless, FlexEffect, Facercise, your supposed to follow all the exercises. Suppose it dpeends how badly you want the results. I avoided the eye area in the beginning for a number of years until someone told me that I should shut up complaining because I just wasn't serious enough to do anything about it, and then the old Taurean Bull in me got activated and I was like I'll show you and went ahead and did the eye stuff. For the first few weeks my eyes didn't like it, but then overnight I noticed the next morning there was a major difference in that my lower lid didn't look puffy like it usually did but smoother and tighter.

I do do the Face Firmer exercise daily (5 times a week) without fail. I really like that one, as its quick and easy and does feel like its doing something for my lower face, but I don't do it under the eye area, she says not to in my instructions. I understand a little while ago she was filming a new video or something, but haven't heard anything from her since so don't know if its in production or what. Alot of the face exercise people seem to promise a product and then not produce it for a year - take ageless, flexeffect, facercise etc.... non were punctual in their product delivery and I don't see Carolyn as being any different here I have to say. She's not done a newsletter from what I can make out so who knows (thing is the old newsletters I used to find quite motivating and very helpful - especially the decol. massages).
Zenia wrote:
Are you doing Carolyns program yourself TeresaMary?And do you see effect?

I was recommended only to do it twice a week on the face,but five times for the neck.I said i wanted to only do the "squeezing of the eye-exercise" and she couldn`t approve that,as her program was based on all execerises working together.
I will ask more in detail about the EyeFlex and Eyelid stretch.
Do you do the facial firmer also under the eyes?She did not have the demonstration on the DVD,and i am uncertain about if i am performing it right.
Hope the young girl you know will find something to help!!
Our risk in doing this,is exactly that something may go wrong,.. Shock
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:33 am      Reply with quote
I posted the text below in the wrong topic(Carole Maggio).It is supposed to be here:

I have been doing this program for 5 months now.I mainly startet cause i wanted to firm my sagging neck,and did neck exercises 5 times a week,and 2 times a week for the face,as she instructed.(My face was really ok,no sagging there..)
I dont know when i first noticed,but i discover to my horror that the firming of the neck,increased my double cheeks,and overbuild my upper neck
Now i dont know what do do,as i can`t tell for sure which exercises that are(perhaps more than one) causing the overbuild.The mess we fear most of all....
I have taken a break,but i still look like a cherub,and i am NOT happy...
I wonder if i have to quit completely,and shift to another program.It will not be Carol Maggios,cause i found it to be complicated.
The only one i haven`t looked into is flexeffect.
Any advice or suggestions for me will be greatly appreciated!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:15 am      Reply with quote
If you take a look at Carolyns website you will see the before and after pictures she has:

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/

Look at det model Tanya.That was my neck when i started.She got a thicker neck,as you can see,and at the same time got rid of the rings on her neck.
I got this:
-Some firmness
-Overbuild on the upper neck,it was like the skin was pushed upwards to my jaws and cheeks.
-Protruded doublechins
-Rings still remaining.

My neck is still sagged,but now i can`t do anymore exercises on the neck,as it blows up,and i look like Mike Tyson.Not to mention the doublechins.
Maybe i can post a picture here to show you(if i find out how to do it).
Please advice if you can!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Have you emailed Carolyn for specific advice. I always think its better to go to the program creator or trainers of them if you can to get their own advice as after all its their program and they'll have come across others with that situation usually.

I think you mean Tanya here:
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/tanya

If your results are like hers, you should be pleased. her neck looks fantastic to me. I'm not sure I understand how your getting double chins from exercising, as if anything the exercises should remove it.

I think you should definitely ask Carolyn for advice there!
Zenia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:43 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Have you emailed Carolyn for specific advice. I always think its better to go to the program creator or trainers of them if you can to get their own advice as after all its their program and they'll have come across others with that situation usually.

I think you mean Tanya here:
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/tanya

If your results are like hers, you should be pleased. her neck looks fantastic to me. I'm not sure I understand how your getting double chins from exercising, as if anything the exercises should remove it.

I think you should definitely ask Carolyn for advice there!
Thank you TheresaMary!Yes,that was the model i meant.I have e-mailed Carolyn about this for the last 2 months,and sent her a lot of pictures.She does agree i looked overbuild,and suggested i slowed down on one of the exercises.I have seen no results yet.She also said i needed to find my way,testing and eliminating until i found what exercises are causing it.That is a frustrating answer when you look like i do now..Considering she said in her program that it wouldn`t happen..
The reason i post her,is to hear others input.After all she is bias,it is her program.

As you mentioned,every face is different,so what works for some,may cause uneven build on others.But i am disappointed.I still got the rings on my neck,and cant make the slightest exercise at all,before my neck and chin blows up.
I am considering going over to Caroles,but now i am very reluctant.Both to learn something new(which isn`t easy)and to risk more damage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
That is a frustrating answer and not helpful at all. I think your right though, she is biased. I have a young female friend who had terrible results from her program, and only got help when she posted on here so thats very interesting what you say.

She always makes a point about saying her program doesn't provide awkward results - so its interesting that people are finding it does and speaking up about it!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |