Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! My eyes are swollen.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone had any natural remedies or techniques for reducing puffiness and swelling under the lower eyes. Last Thursday, I started using a few new products, two of which weren't actually designed to go under the eyes Brick wallI should have added one at a time, especially knowing how sensitive my eyes are, but I didn't Brick wall Needless to say, I developed a ton of tiny bumps under my eyes, and the lower lids are badly swollen (and I mean badly). I have not put anythng under my eyes for 4 days, and the swelling won't go away.
This morning I'm trying tea bags, but there's no difference. Please help.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I'd start with a benadryl antihistamine.
Don't rub them, that's the mistake I always make.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Annie:), I'm heading to the medicine cabinet now to see if Benedryl will help. Before I saw your post about not rubbing, I did the Bone Facial Exercise with a little grapeseed oil, hoping that it would help drain the fluid. However, my eyes just got more read and puffy. I don't know if it was the grapeseed oil or increased circulation with the massage. Confused I will take the medicine to see if that helps. Does anyone have any ideas for a natural topical?
gunjee
5% products discount

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
...some fennel seeds and make a strong tea, let it cool, soak cotton pads in it and apply them to your eyes and rest. This worked very well for me when I had an allergic reaction to a face cream I applied near my eyes which caused them to become red and swollen. I had ground the fennel seeds coarsely, and then used like 2 tbs in a half cup of water. Let it steep until cooled and then strained the tea to use. It should stay good in the fridge for 3 days.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
gunjee,thanks! I brewed some up, and I will keep applying to see if I can get that swelling down. Smile
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Cold compresses along with the antihistamine should do the trick.
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Cold compresses along with the antihistamine should do the trick.

I agree about the cold compresses. I tend to get hives easily, and cold helps a great deal. There is also a natural remedy called jewelweed that works better on hives, poison ivy, (any skin problem that involves histamine release) and that sort of thing than anything I've ever used. It comes in a spray (which I use), soap and cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
What did you put under your eyes? Does it contain something that you could also be taking internally like avocado? I put avocado oil on my eyes and my eyes were swollen and itchy like you describe. Removing the oil helped tremendously but the symptoms didn't clear up completely until I also removed avocado from my diet. I had been putting them in my smoothies every day and didn't realize the avocado was the reason for the cold like symptoms I had been experiencing. Removing them from my diet wasn't an immediate fix. It took several days for the oils to purge from my system.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone had any natural remedies or techniques for reducing puffiness and swelling under the lower eyes. Last Thursday, I started using a few new products, two of which weren't actually designed to go under the eyes Brick wallI should have added one at a time, especially knowing how sensitive my eyes are, but I didn't Brick wall Needless to say, I developed a ton of tiny bumps under my eyes, and the lower lids are badly swollen (and I mean badly). I have not put anythng under my eyes for 4 days, and the swelling won't go away.
This morning I'm trying tea bags, but there's no difference. Please help.

I don't really think I'll help much as I tend to have swollen eyes and also atopic eczema all over my hands (in my case they seem to be related), all together... I do find that making a brew of green tea and then ice-cubing it... and using one of these green tea ice cubes around my eyes seems to help... The anti-histamine medicines help me somehow, but the green tea ice cubes seem to help quite a bit, still working on it myself!

Anyhow, the point is, if something is not working for you... move on. I find, for instance that rose hip oil is good, but I can't put it on near my eyes,... or maybe just a few drops mixed with other oils...Yet there are other oils that work beautifully on my eye area without swelling.

I'm interested in this post as I myself suddenly go through swollen eye periods, it has actually made me wonder if it may have something to do with female hormones... water retention, etc..., or if it is only some kind of food reaction... (gluten, etc)

Still trying to work it out as I said! And for the moment the green tea ice cubs work quite well!!

If I find something else I'll post for sure... And I'm going to follow this one!

Although I do think Breezy42 that you may just have overloaded the skin around your eyes.. and caused an allergic/irritated reaction, so may as well give it a couple more days to recover.

Best wishes.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
What did you put under your eyes? Does it contain something that you could also be taking internally like avocado? I put avocado oil on my eyes and my eyes were swollen and itchy like you describe. Removing the oil helped tremendously but the symptoms didn't clear up completely until I also removed avocado from my diet. I had been putting them in my smoothies every day and didn't realize the avocado was the reason for the cold like symptoms I had been experiencing. Removing them from my diet wasn't an immediate fix. It took several days for the oils to purge from my system.
Hi tonia, I put a Vitamin C serum and followed it with a strong Polyvitamin serum, and followed that with the Easy eye solutions eyecream. Neither Vitamin serum was specifically intended for under the eyes. I had also been drybrushing so I think I absorbed everything to a greater degree. It was all very stupid of me! I guess you must have an allergy to avocado. I'm glad you mentioned that, as I thought of trying it someday and will have to proceed with caution.
breezy42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:

I don't really think I'll help much as I tend to have swollen eyes and also atopic eczema all over my hands (in my case they seem to be related), all together... I do find that making a brew of green tea and then ice-cubing it... and using one of these green tea ice cubes around my eyes seems to help... The anti-histamine medicines help me somehow, but the green tea ice cubes seem to help quite a bit, still working on it myself!

Anyhow, the point is, if something is not working for you... move on. I find, for instance that rose hip oil is good, but I can't put it on near my eyes,... or maybe just a few drops mixed with other oils...Yet there are other oils that work beautifully on my eye area without swelling.

I'm interested in this post as I myself suddenly go through swollen eye periods, it has actually made me wonder if it may have something to do with female hormones... water retention, etc..., or if it is only some kind of food reaction... (gluten, etc)

Still trying to work it out as I said! And for the moment the green tea ice cubs work quite well!!

If I find something else I'll post for sure... And I'm going to follow this one!

Although I do think Breezy42 that you may just have overloaded the skin around your eyes.. and caused an allergic/irritated reaction, so may as well give it a couple more days to recover.

Best wishes.

Thanks, ATester. I will definitely try that green tea ice cubes. I 'm sure that's a good trick for puffy eyes in general (especially after a bad night of sleep). It's interesting how you mentioned that you can use some oils on your face or body but not under your eyes - I am the same way, and I should have known that. My swelling has finally gone done, but I still have the tiny little red hives. I am waiting for my jewelweed to arrive that jjbeachan recommended, and I think it will be excellent for many skin conditions. (I am the type of person that comes in with hives after pulling the weeds). Good luck to you Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Cold cucumber slices work wonders for swollen and irritated eyes, just lay down and leave them on for 10-20 minutes when you have time, cheap and easy!

Also reposting from an old thread as it's cheap and simple and best of all works!

HTH
DM

Starlight wrote:
Vanilj wrote:
I have used up a tube of each, the Illuminating creme och the eye tuck serum.

First of all, none of the products made my darker circles under my eyes fade.

After five applications of gelatin under my eyes, I could see a big difference..! To a cost of one dollar, and that will last a looong time. Just a tip, if you decide to try this products for dark circles, and you have the same disappointed results as I had.
I don't have severe eye bags.

So, no re-order for me. I want treating products, not just cover ups.
Me Too! I have been using it for more than a week everyday and there is no diff. What is this gelatin that you are using? I am desperate to try anything for my eye circles.

Here is the post I found a couple of weeks ago;

"Posted by pbsadhaka--
OK. Here is a gift to all you dark circled eyed gals out there. You asked for something to get rid of dark circles - here is a homemade Circle Buster recipe.
Go to your grocery store. Buy a box of regular, old fashioned unflavored gelatin (Knox, for example)
Take a small cup or bowl and put in 1/4 teaspoon of the gelatin mix. Add one Tablespoon of boiling water & stir for a minute.
Test it on your wrist to make sure it is not too hot. Then, using a cotton ball, pat it under your eyes as you would an eye cream or gel.
Go lie down and listen to some music, or take a bath & let it stay on for at least 30 minutes. Then just rinse it off.

I worked in a day spa & this was our "Circle Buster" Treatment. Gelatin is very high in Vitamin K & Biotin. It will not remove your circles on the first application (but you will notice a difference), but if you do it daily for a week, and then 2-3 times a week for maintenance, you should notice a drastic reduction in dark circles.

The day spa where I worked charged $60 for this treatment (but they put rose petals on your eyelids), and it wasn't until after I quit, that I found out what was in those little white packets!
There you go.....enjoy!"

I have to say that this really works for me! After e few applications I really could see a difference. I hope you have the same results as I am, and I'm grateful to have stumbled on the post from 2005(?) i think. Someone *bumped* it up a couple of weeks ago in the skin care & make up forum.
Ohh...one more thing, just be careful to let the gelatin dry before you close your eyes... if it gets on your eyelashes, its hard to get it of - and not to pull the lash out.

Please do tell if this are working for you to.

Hope that Helps//Sara

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Dark Moon!! I could not believe the Circle Buster recipe. It's fantastic and so cheap (and to think it's actually a spa treatment). I like the cold cucumbers idea, too, as I just want something gentle for now. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
breezy42 wrote:
Thanks Dark Moon!! I could not believe the Circle Buster recipe. It's fantastic and so cheap (and to think it's actually a spa treatment). I like the cold cucumbers idea, too, as I just want something gentle for now. Smile

breezy42,

I am glad it is working for you! The cucumbers I have done since I was a teen they soothe, whiten and reduce puffiness! It feels sooo good and it's really gentle!

Happy Holidays!
DM
Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Can recommend a good product? I am also very worried

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Luyan, what kind of issues are you having? I have to say that the cold compresses and jewelweed were the most effective in fighting the swelling/hives. I also took antihistamines every night.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |