Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Have you been to New Orleans?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone, If you've been to New Orleans, do you have hotel you would recommend? Nothing luxurious, but nice and located near the fun. Thank you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mars,

I was in New Orleans several years ago for a conference and stayed in Hampton Inn & Suites near the Convention Center. If you can find a hotel in that area, it's really nice. I felt pretty safe even at night, as long as I had someone with me. The Convention Center is right on the Mississippi River and very near all the Riverwalk shopping. There's also a streetcar line which makes it very easy to get to all the attractions. Some of the hotels in that area are easily within walking distance of the French Quarter. The larger hotels will cost lots of money, but the Hampton Inn was very reasonable even at conference rates.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Skippie! There are six of us going and the consensus is to stay VERY close to the French Quarter. Thoughts??? Thanks again. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
We stayed at the Omni, a couple of blocks from Bourbon Street (close enough so that you could stumble back to the hotel in 5 minutes, not so close so that the din kept you awake). It is a first class hotel in every way, and prices seemed extremely reasonable compared to those of other big city hotels. As I recall, we paid somewhere around $120-140/night. It was within walking distance of everything; we did not have or need a car.

I traveled with my husband and three kids and didn't walk around by myself, but never felt unsafe. It's a touristy area so you take the obvious precautions, don't carry a purse or wear your $100,000 watch when you're walking down the street.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mars,

If you want to stay VERY close to Bourbon Street, you're better off going for a hotel closer than those by the Convention Center, such as the Omni recommended by Hermosa. You're at least 8 to 12 blocks from the French Quarter when you stay by the CC.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Mars I used to live in Baton Rouge and have been to New Orleans since leaving Louisiana. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the hotel but they actually share the building with the Ritz but don't share the price. I was on Canal street.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everyone! Thank you so much for all the recommendations and advice. I'll try to find out which hotel shares with the Ritz. Does anyone know anything about Prince Conti or Maison Dupuy? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Don't now if you have been, but I highly recommend the Monteleone. I was just there before christmas and it's such a lovely place! Just off Bourbon, and lots of history (supposedly USA's most haunted hotel too;)
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Haunted???? OOOOOO that's sounds interesting!
Do you mind telling me what your hotel rate was? Unfortunately, I have to be concerned about such things what with airfare and all. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Luckily my work sent me, but I think they start at around $150
About the haunting I didn't see anything but in the reception area the energy was really special.

Anyway, ghosts or no ghosts the place is so worth it
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I will check the rates. Sounds fun! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Just checked and you are correct at $150/night. Gotta be more "economical" than that. Phooey! Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:53 am      Reply with quote
Then I would stay 1 night there at the end of your trip Smile
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, blueeyes. We finally settled on staying at Maison Dupuy Hotel. We will definitely drop in the Monteleone!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Have a great time!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. Will do! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just saw your post, how was Maison Dupuy? I stayed there about 3 months ago. I hope you enjoyed it! Great location, I wasn't crazy about our room but that's probably b/c I booked on a discount site. I LOVE NOLA. Would love a trip report from you!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
HI! We leave next wkend, so haven't been yet. Want to do a VooDoo/Haunted Tour. Any recommendations? We have reservations at Nola next Sat. night. We were there 8 yrs. ago for my 50 b'day. BTW, this is a trip for my husband's big #50. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, we didn't go on a tour so I can't recommend any...we couldn't tear ourselves away from Bourbon St., except one day we took the street car to the Garden District & did some exploring...kind of fun if you have the time.
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Oh, one more thing...you might want to call Maison Dupuy and see if they have any deals where they can comp your parking. It was rather expensive I thought ($32 per day) but I read on tripadvisor when I got back some people got it included with their room. Cheers!
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Just got back from a terrific trip to the Big Easy! Maison Dupuy was just fine and their staff was excellent. They upgraded our rooms.
Visited Hotel Moneleone for haunted spirits. Didn't see any! Laughing Great food (Acme Oyster House, Deanie's, & Nola). Super party town!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
So glad you had a good time, Mars. And I just have to say: GO SAINTS!!!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Follow-up to my last post:

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |