Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review :: Murad Essential C Daily Renewal Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Evelyn
5% products discount

Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Murad's Essential C Daily Renewal Complex. I was told that it's a fantastic product, by a friend who's in her 40's but she looks 25! She also swears by Murad Youth Builder Collagen Supplement. But when I read the product's description, it seems to be a concoction of essential vitamins. Anyone tried it?
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but I would love to hear more from someone who has. Smile

5% products discount

Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I love this product, it's my new favorite! I'm actually now a huge fan of a lot of the Murad C products, including the eye area sunscreen. This is of their dry creams, a "step 2" in their regime, it soaks in and leaves your skin velvety, and you moisturize over it. I'm 33 and my skin is pretty sun damaged (spots), on the dry side during the winter, very thin and sensitive, fair. This works wonders on my under eye texture, firmness and dark circles seem instantly reduced. I've only been using it for a week so I can't say anything about the long term effects yet. It has a pleasant light citrus scent. At $80 an ounce though you might want to try a sample, they have tiny tubes of it at the Sephora stores if you ask.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:35 am      Reply with quote
this kit is on my next EDS order.. you get 4 treatments and use once a week.. so I guess after one month I will check in!
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
socalgirl wrote:
I love this product, it's my new favorite! I'm actually now a huge fan of a lot of the Murad C products, including the eye area sunscreen. This is of their dry creams, a "step 2" in their regime, it soaks in and leaves your skin velvety, and you moisturize over it. I'm 33 and my skin is pretty sun damaged (spots), on the dry side during the winter, very thin and sensitive, fair. This works wonders on my under eye texture, firmness and dark circles seem instantly reduced. I've only been using it for a week so I can't say anything about the long term effects yet. It has a pleasant light citrus scent. At $80 an ounce though you might want to try a sample, they have tiny tubes of it at the Sephora stores if you ask.

Gosh! another to-buy product. Drool anyone else cares to comment?
zychik

Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I just got a sample of Murad C essential at Sephora yestoday and tried it this morning. (I am looking for vit.C morning anti-aging cream) It feels really velvety, not greazy or anything like that. Really reminded me of Dr. Brandt C gel..which I also tried. Anyway I like it already, it is $80 Sad I think I will go to Sephore again to check what also they have... or maybe I should go for a serum? I have oily, prone to breakout skin... Anyway this is my first post and I am so happy to find this forum.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the Murad Essential-C face moisturizer, but I have been using the Murad Essential-C eye cream w/ SPF 15 and absolutely love it! I have tried Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream , DDF Nourishing Eye Cream and DDF Protective Eye Cream w/ SPF 15, but I feel none of these compare to the Murad Essential C. It's very creamy and really helps with the dryness under my eyes and fine lines that were beginning to appear (I am 39). I may attempt to try the Murad face moisturizer also, and see if I can use it without breakouts, as I do have problems with blemishes.

MystyPines Very Happy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
zychik wrote:
I just got a sample of Murad C essential at Sephora yestoday and tried it this morning. (I am looking for vit.C morning anti-aging cream) It feels really velvety, not greazy or anything like that. Really reminded me of Dr. Brandt C gel..which I also tried. Anyway I like it already, it is $80 Sad I think I will go to Sephore again to check what also they have... or maybe I should go for a serum? I have oily, prone to breakout skin... Anyway this is my first post and I am so happy to find this forum.

Zychik - I don't think the eye cream is that expensive (well maybe in Sephora). It's Au$67 on EDS which makes it about US$50. It's money well spent though - as far as I am concerned this is the best eye cream with SPF that I have tried so far.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
I haven't tried the Murad Essential-C face moisturizer, but I have been using the Murad Essential-C eye cream w/ SPF 15 and absolutely love it! I have tried Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream , DDF Nourishing Eye Cream and DDF Protective Eye Cream w/ SPF 15, but I feel none of these compare to the Murad Essential C. It's very creamy and really helps with the dryness under my eyes and fine lines that were beginning to appear (I am 39). I may attempt to try the Murad face moisturizer also, and see if I can use it without breakouts, as I do have problems with blemishes.

MystyPines Very Happy

uhoh - The Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream is Mabsy #1 love. Smile I've been using the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream for about a month now, and I think it's pretty good. It's not greasy, gives creamy and smooth feeling. Dont care much about the fragrance, it's a bit too strong for me. But overall speaking, I think this is the best one I've used so far (I still have a long list to try). Razz
Mabsy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
Heh, yeah I would still rank the Cellcosmet above the Murad (and would also say that it's more moisturising - that's my opinion anyway) but I'm not going to compare an eye cream with SPF to one without it. So to me they are in a different category. My fave eye creams at the moment are the two mentioned ones plus the Babor Sensational Eyes (which is close to the Cellcosmet in texture and moisturisation).

Glad you like the Cellcosmet Happygirl - I do love the fragrance of it but I tend to be big on fragrances (my perfume collection is a good sign on that Laughing ).
zychik

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, $80 is for Murad face C rejuv. cream... Anyway, I used Murad C eye cream for a few days and it seems to be pretty good, I think I am going to get it, I am sold out on the point that it has SPF, but I will look for something alo for night time, mayby Babor. I am 39 and do have those tiny undereyes wrinkles. As for my quest for vit. C day cream for the face, I used Murad vitamine C rejuv. cream for 4 days and comparing it to Dr. Brandt C gel, I like Dr. Brandt better.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Sephora yesterday, all the Murad's essential C day renewel complex is all out of stock.....it makes me want it even more....

D Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
hmm Never looked at this brand before but something tells me Im about start a new to buy list..... Bad Grin
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
My older sister is a vitamin freak and drove me crazy with the Murad Collagen Youth Builder Supplement for months. Since I almost always ignore her (laughing...), she went ahead and bought it for me.

I've been taking 2 in the morning and 2 before bed for about a month now. I can't say for sure if its as a result of the supplement, because I also started using Prevage at about the same time. But, my skin has NEVER looked or felt better than it does right now.

I'll keep taking the supplement AND keep using the Prevage. I may never figure out which is responsible for the fact that my skin looks clear and plump and downright radiant. It feels pretty good too!

But I have to warn you of one thing !!! Whenever I open the bottle of the Murad Supplement I have to hold my breath!!!! It is enough to make you BARF. UGH UGH UGH. But, I can deal with that. I was worried it would make me belch and bring up that gross taste that some vitamin supplements do (god - I can't believe I'm typing this...laughing), but it really is just that first whiff that's repulsive. The only problem is that I take them with my morning coffee and sometimes, if I'm half asleep, I forget to hold my breath....
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All,

Like Cindi, I have never looked at this brand before. Yesterday I went to Sephora for the first time to buy Nars Org lip gloss and blush, I asked the nice representative what their best anti-wrinkle eye cream and moisterizer are and she told me Murad's brand and gave me all the Murad samples they have in the store. I was still hesitant to try them, becasue I have been using Skinseutical products. Thank you all for reviewing Murad products. I am going to give them a try and they work for me, I am going to switch to Murad from Skinceutical. Murad is definitely cheaper than Skinceutical.

Katee said:My older sister is a vitamin freak and drove me crazy with the Murad Collagen Youth Builder Supplement for months. Since I almost always ignore her (laughing...), she went ahead and bought it for me. I've been taking 2 in the morning and 2 before bed for about a month now. I can't say for sure if its as a result of the supplement, because I also started using Prevage at about the same time. But, my skin has NEVER looked or felt better than it does right now.

Hi Katee: Where can I get Murad Collagen Youth Builder Supplement and Prevage?

Thanks.

Rose
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rose...

I think they sell the Murad supplement here but I know my sis gets hers on ebay...

As for the Prevage, that is also available on ebay but I get mine fromwww.lovelyskin.com. The Prevage is really great stuff !!! Worth every penny.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

Thank you for the info. I just looked at the site. I am using Skinceutical products. How do I integrate Prevage with the products I am using now? How do you use it yourself? How long have been using it?

Rose
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm certainly not an expert Rose, but I use the Prevage once a day. I apply it immediately after I cleanse my face, wait about 5-10 minutes, and then proceed with my normal skincare routine....
Those were my derm's instructions and they are pretty much in line with the manufacturer's instructions, which are to apply it first, before any retinoids or moisturizers.
I've been using it for about a month now and I really am delighted with the results. I asked my dermatologist if the results would be more dramatic if I used it twice a day as opposed to once. She said she really didn't think so -- that once a day was sufficient....
havana8

Tue May 08, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
My older sister is a vitamin freak and drove me crazy with the Murad Collagen Youth Builder Supplement for months. Since I almost always ignore her (laughing...), she went ahead and bought it for me.

I've been taking 2 in the morning and 2 before bed for about a month now. I can't say for sure if its as a result of the supplement, because I also started using Prevage at about the same time. But, my skin has NEVER looked or felt better than it does right now.

I'll keep taking the supplement AND keep using the Prevage. I may never figure out which is responsible for the fact that my skin looks clear and plump and downright radiant. It feels pretty good too!

But I have to warn you of one thing !!! Whenever I open the bottle of the Murad Supplement I have to hold my breath!!!! It is enough to make you BARF. UGH UGH UGH. But, I can deal with that. I was worried it would make me belch and bring up that gross taste that some vitamin supplements do (god - I can't believe I'm typing this...laughing), but it really is just that first whiff that's repulsive. The only problem is that I take them with my morning coffee and sometimes, if I'm half asleep, I forget to hold my breath....

Hi Katee, I was wondering if you still take these supplements? TIA! Very Happy
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I recommended Murad Hydrating toner. it's pretty good product and I really love it
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sweet Pea wrote:
I haven't tried it but I would love to hear more from someone who has. Smile

yes, me too Laughing
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I tried the sample of this before. This is quite similar to PCA vitamin C cream, but i find PCA is better in making my skin "glow"
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting Product! Murad Youth Builder Collagen Supplement Embarassed I want to look like a teenager again Embarassed Embarassed
havana8

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Jira wrote:
Interesting Product! Murad Youth Builder Collagen Supplement Embarassed I want to look like a teenager again Embarassed Embarassed

I actually really liked this especially because about halfway through the bottle, I noticed a big difference in my nails. Shock The only reason I didn't re-purchase right away is because I thought it was a bit pricey. Rolling Eyes Laughing I do plan to re-purchase it again though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |