Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

21 year old male needs help in picking a LED Device for XMas
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
It's Christmas time and I need help in picking out a LED home device.

I am sure the wonderful members can help me out!

I have read all the threads and I'm overwhelmed.

My mom (56 years old) and I (21 years old) are going to use the device.

We are both blone, fair, and Fitzpatrick Skin Type II.

We are trying to treat:

breakouts (acne- I'm been using Obagi Clenziderm for five days and I think it's staring to work. I'll do a review on it in a few weeks.)

*** Hyperpigmentation

This is our biggest problem.

Razor Bumps (my probem from shaving- male)

Redness (from shaving)

Broken Cappillaries

** I couldn't hurt to treat wrinkles though I don' t really have any.
W
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to add:

Which Led Device is going to be the best for us to both treat our concerns and what’s the best price?

Our choices:

Prolight
Baby Quasar
Anti Aging Light Stim
Anything Else?
I’m guessing we will NOT be getting a Tanda.

Thanks! All advice is welcomed and appreciated.
icyj
5% products discount

Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
the Lightstim would be good for you but it does take time and progressed usage for you to see results.

Also another good one is the Dermawand..
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Anti-Age Lightstim!
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe I 3rd the AALS.
Have a look at that LED threads to give you a better feel.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Without any doubt the Lightstim is the best all round product -

The anti ageing version will give you three wavelengths from the three coloured LEDS - which will treat all but the acne problem and in that case you need the blue LED based product.

The red/amber/infra red will dry up the acne for you but it does not kill the bacteria which causes the breakout.

If you don't want to buy the two devices, which doesn't make much sense - there is wealth of information on this site about controlling acne using other topical based products.

HTH.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Definately the lightstim, it's awesome!
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
This would thread would also be useful to read:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36546

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Thank you to everyone who commented! Iknow how hectic it is at any time especially this time t comment, so thanks!

I love how generous everyone is at this board! Very Happy

One comment:

I do want to treat acne and some minor scaring, but the big thing I've first and always wanted to treat is hyperpigmentation. Would I benefit buying the AALS and Blue AALS together since I would get them for $575 instead $658 + the 15% off! It'd be $279.75 or $486.75.

What would you suggest? Is having both a waste of time?

Another big question: Do you actually hold the LightStim TOUCHING your face or do you hold it high where the device never touches your face?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Cameron
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:

but the big thing I've first and always wanted to treat is hyperpigmentation. Would I benefit buying the AALS and Blue AALS together since I would get them for $575 instead $658 + the 15% off! It'd be $279.75 or $486.75.

What would you suggest? Is having both a waste of time?

AALS - has the amber LED which treats pigmentation problems - so I would suggest as the acne is not a major issue you only purchase the AALS.

Another big question: Do you actually hold the LightStim TOUCHING your face or do you hold it high where the device never touches your face?

See AALS FAQ at:
http://www.lightstim.com/faq.html

Lots of great advice on how to use AALS:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297

The AALS head touches the skin, make sure you close your eyes when using the device around the eye area.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!
Cameron

Merry Christmas to you too.
Philip

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi
I have the anti ageing lightstim. But Im going to get a blue led for acne. A study used blue led at 415nm and 2 days later, red led at 633nm to help with inflammation. It works better that way. Blue and then red. I think you can get the anti ageing lightstim and maybe the blue one elsewhere. One which has blue light only. You can check out the ledman and ask him for blue ones at 415nm.
Oh if you dont have a budget, check out omnilux clear u. It has blue and red led for acne

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hi
I have the anti ageing lightstim. But Im going to get a blue led for acne. A study used blue led at 415nm and 2 days later, red led at 633nm to help with inflammation. It works better that way. Blue and then red. I think you can get the anti ageing lightstim and maybe the blue one elsewhere. One which has blue light only. You can check out the ledman and ask him for blue ones at 415nm.
Oh if you dont have a budget, check out omnilux clear u. It has blue and red led for acne

Could you point me at this study - I am very interested?

The downside with the Omnilux is that is doesn't have the amber wavelength - which really helps with pigmentation issues.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:40 am      Reply with quote
here
http://phototherapeutics.com/pdf/clinical-study.pdf

It may be biased though since its done using the omnilux clear u. But I've googled others and they seem to agree that using blue and then red separately works great.
Yup which is why I suggested getting the anti ageing lightstim and maybe the blue one for acne elsewhere. The acne lightstim wavelengths are between 450nm and 850nm which are useless for acne since the best wavelength for acne is 415-420nm.
I dont know I've been using the antiageing for a few months now and my hyperpigmentation/red marks from acne have not faded. I only noticed my skin tone becoming more even. It's even better when I use it with green tea.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
here
http://phototherapeutics.com/pdf/clinical-study.pdf

It may be biased though since its done using the omnilux clear u. But I've googled others and they seem to agree that using blue and then red separately works great.
Yup which is why I suggested getting the anti ageing lightstim and maybe the blue one for acne elsewhere. The acne lightstim wavelengths are between 450nm and 850nm which is useless for acne since the best wavelength for acne is 415-420nm.
I dont know I've been using the antiageing for a few months now and my hyperpigmentation/red marks from acne have not faded. I only noticed my skin tone becoming more even. It's even better when I use it with green tea.

Thanks for the link.

Good luck with your protocol. I am sure the green tea will also help.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Faeriedust, what do you think of the AALS? We’re around the same age. (I’m 21.) I’d love to have even skin tone around the nose and temple area the most as it appears to me that my forehead is a different color (much lighter) than the nose. It’s something I’ve been aware of and worked on for years! To have evenness…
What type of LED light are you going to get for the acne? Do you even recommend the AALS and how long did it take for you to notice?

Photoqueen, my goodness you have so many face products! Your skin must be in fantastic shape. Are all the devices effective and can you tell what results you got from what? How do you have enough time to use all of them? That must me a great deal when you say that the AALS is the best when you have all of those products!

What’s the 2nd best and the worst?

I’d love to treat hyperpigmentation. I don’t know besides the obvious what else there is to do.

I am going to get a Micro Laser Peel next month. Hope that’ll help.

Any regrets on the AALS? I was offered a generous 15% code. The only thing is that there is no 90 day guarantee though you do get the one year warranty. What to do?

Thanks for everyone’s comments and tips! What a great thread!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I think it's not too bad. You have to use green tea prior to using the lightstim to have even better results. Here's what I do. I do a lotion mask with green tea.
I take cotton pads and peel them into 3 layers. I soak them with green tea and just put them on my face. About 20 mins later, I use the lightstim. I think my skintone has become more even. But I had to use the lightstim for more than 3mths before I saw results. I bought it in aug but only saw results recently. Using the green tea helps a lot. In fact I do the lotion mask with green tea everyday. It makes my skin look great.
My skintone was really uneven before. My T zone was darker and my cheeks were kinda white.
Im going to get the blue one from the ledman because it's the most affordable. Yea I recommend getting the lightstim since both you and your mom can use it.
If you're not on a budget, I guess you can get the omnilux clear u for acne. It looks good.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:

Photoqueen, my goodness you have so many face products! Your skin must be in fantastic shape. Are all the devices effective and can you tell what results you got from what?

I have posted my findings on all the different threads - which you need to search based on the device - for example - STOP - AALS etc.

How do you have enough time to use all of them?
I spend an hour a day.

That must me a great deal when you say that the AALS is the best when you have all of those products!
It is a great product and our EDS posters are still constantly feeding back very positive results.

What’s the 2nd best and the worst?
2nd best - Omnilux new U and the worst - Tua 360.

Photoqueen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:

I’d love to treat hyperpigmentation. I don’t know besides the obvious what else there is to do.

This product sounds very interesting, I have not used it but it might be worth looking in it?

http://www.skinceuticals.com/_us/_en/catalog/correct/pigment-regulator.htm

Philip

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for Philip for your comments. I just looked at the links you gave me for the AALS website. Good stuff and I learned a ton.

--The anti ageing version will give you three wavelengths from the three coloured LEDS - which will treat all but the acne problem and in that case you need the blue LED based product.

--The red/amber/infra red will dry up the acne for you but it does not kill the bacteria which causes the breakout.

My skin has really improved for acne lately since I switched to Obagi Clenziderm. I’ve been using it for 2 weeks. They say the topical product of benzoyl peroxide in its liquified form kills the porphyins, acne causing bacteria.

Could this be working where I wouldn’t need the Blue AALS or Blue LED? So, as long as the AALS dries it up, then I could just use the Obagi Clenziderm Benzoyl Peroxide product after the AALS for a better result, and that would mean I wouldn’t need the Blue AALS or Blue LED if the Obagi B. Peroxide does its job as it is doing now, right?

I won’t get the Tua Viso since it’s the worst!

I have a feeling we have similar skin. Are you a Type II?

Out of all your gadgets, what are the best to worst skin care products you have? You said the worst was Tua Viso while the top 2 were AALS and Omnilux New U...
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Skitahoe wrote:
Thank you for Philip for your comments. I just looked at the links you gave me for the AALS website. Good stuff and I learned a ton.
Good
--The anti ageing version will give you three wavelengths from the three coloured LEDS - which will treat all but the acne problem and in that case you need the blue LED based product.
Correct
--The red/amber/infra red will dry up the acne for you but it does not kill the bacteria which causes the breakout.
Correct
My skin has really improved for acne lately since I switched to Obagi Clenziderm. I’ve been using it for 2 weeks. They say the topical product of benzoyl peroxide in its liquified form kills the porphyins, acne causing bacteria.
Good
Could this be working where I wouldn’t need the Blue AALS or Blue LED? So, as long as the AALS dries it up, then I could just use the Obagi Clenziderm Benzoyl Peroxide product after the AALS for a better result, and that would mean I wouldn’t need the Blue AALS or Blue LED if the Obagi B. Peroxide does its job as it is doing now, right?
I would suggest that is up to you to gauge on the improvements.

I won’t get the Tua Viso since it’s the worst!

I have a feeling we have similar skin. Are you a Type II?
No, I don't ever get acne and don't have pigmentation issues. But I have dry/typical T zone male skin, but always happy to advice as another man

Out of all your gadgets, what are the best to worst skin care products you have? You said the worst was Tua Viso while the top 2 were AALS and Omnilux New U...

I think the Tua Viso is good but the Tua 360 is not good - that is the body version.

I can't give you the worst to best it would take me ages to type as I am 50 and I have used so many gadgets and creams and injections and surgeons. Smile

Philip

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |