Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
copper peptides- who is using and what?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone doing the copper peptides? What products and what results are you seeing?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I've been using skinbio's PR3 (with retinol) in the Winter day and night and PR classic (without retinol) in the Summer day and night for over 4 years with a few breaks for other experiments. I often add emu oil on top and often use exfol cream under it at night depending on the weather. I've got normal skin usually, but a bit sun-damaged and wrinkle prone.

Having used it I think my skin feels naturally more moisturised, stronger, thicker and healthier looking. It makes it look more sanguine. Tried Retin A for a few months but it made me look unaturally pasty. Some hyperpigmentation is lighter and I really haven't had new wrinkles, but as far as removing the original wrinkles goes (forehead and under eyes) I haven't had much joy.

I've also used the eye stuff (but found it no different to the standard stuff), the body lotion (good results again more moisturised, but the scent is really strong and sickly), CP serum - prefer the moisuriser, the first Supercop cream but my skin itched like mad, the Super CP serum which is much more tolerable than the cream and the trireduction (prefer the PR3 - it's more pleasant to use).

So, like I say - no miracle cures for wrinkles, but generally healthy, extremely well moisturised skin and I think it must have prevented a lot more wrinkles. Oh, and some moles especially one on my face has shrunk over the years considerably. My mother had immediate success with it, almost overnight, for dry, flaky patches of skin.

So, why do I always use it if there aren't any miracles? I wouldn't expect my skin to be in this good a shape at 41 (next month) without it, especially considering I was a sunbathing fanatic throughout my twenties and have mostly been a chain smoker. (with a 3 year break) and then there's the hereditory problems too! It must be a fantastic preventative.

So - I'm a big fan.

Molly
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been using CP serum with emu oil over at night for about 2 months now? My skin is looking pretty good, but I have started getting a degree of crepiness around my eyes. This is the skin 'remodelling' phase apparantly. I recently started using a 8% glycolic lotion in the AM and the results have improved a lot. I have tried a sample of epidermx to use as an exfoliater as I'm a bit scarne about using strong acid peels after my last encounter, but I found it quite hard to get the peeling effect without making my skin sore. I don't want to use the other skin bio stuff with retinol as I'm worried about skin thinning.
I have also been applying the CP to the back of my hands with amazing results! Likw Molly said, it's no miracle but it does deliver more than most stuff you can get. Assuming my eye area clears up within the next 3 months and catches up with my face, I think this is a real goer! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love these products and will keep on using them as long as they make them.
I've been using them for about a year and have only had a reaction to the exfol cream (the exfol serum worked fine for me.)This broke me out when almost nothing does.
The thing that intrigues me is the reported lifting of the eyelids somewhat through skin firming. I started working on this a bit with the stronger cps and will report back if I have any success.
And it is true about skin tags falling off. I used the trireduction and super cop on my neck and inner shoulders with excellent results.
I hear that Skinbiology now makes a double strength super cop now. Guess they had to since so many of us have worked up to tolerated the super cop so well. Smile
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I used Osmotics Blue Copper long time ago, and that's when I quit using foundation cause it was no longer needed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for your responses. I placed an order for the copper peptide serum today and I'm excited about starting it. I'm 35 and hope it will make at least somewhat of a difference.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Just wanted to add.....

I had the skin tags on my neck drop off too really quickly - in a couple of weeks, which amazed me. But then I stopped applying anything to my neck and now they've come back which I don't really understand.

Also, I made one of my sisters use PR classic and emu oil for her facial eczma and she's never had it since, though she won't confess that it was the CPs - just thinks I'm obsessed with skin things. But, strange it was the only new thing she was using.

I think I would have better results from the CPs if I exfoliated more strongly, but like Guapagirl I'm extremely wary of it. Not from experience just the idea of stripping a layer of skin off your face seems dangerous to me. I've just started using Microdermx (once only) so we'll see if that helps 'erase' the original wrinkles, though I'm not very keen on it after the first try - maybe it needs practice.

Sorry, I had to add more because I'm a big CP fan and I've been using it for so long. I might be back on this one.

Molly
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. I am hoping this message will get to all of you who posted on this thread and are using CP's.

I placed my order with skin biology 2 days ago. I called them and talked to someone about what was best for me to order. The woman I spoke to suggested the SUPER CP serum- not the regular CP serum.

I felt fine about my order until I was browsing the diana yvonne site and reading about CP's on there. She says you should NOT start with the super- that you should start with the regular and build up. Yikes! Now what? Will the super be too strong? And why would that woman at skin biology recommend it then? Now I'm worried about getting a reaction from it.

Any advice or do you think it will be okay?
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
lily,
It may not be too strong but if your skin has a reaction, you can dilute it with water. Also, if you bought emu oil with your order, you can apply that first and then apply the super cp on top. This will buffer the super cp.
I'm almost certain that the super cp has exactly the same percentage of copper peptides as cp serum but the super cp serum is in a solution that makes it more active..I think perhaps with salicylic acid(sp).
It does sound strange to suggest the super cp right off the bat though. It's really hard to tell what your skin can take but I think you'll be fine if you know how to make it less active if you need to.
I did start out with the cp serum on DianaYvonne advice but I probably could have dived right in to the super cp. DianaYvonne is cautious because she doesn't want people to get discouraged and she seems to feel like slow and steady is the right approach.
I've been able to tolerate Super Cop on my eyelids even with no break outs or redness. But I do get slight sagginess so I use it intermittently. Some like to dive right in and resign themselves to crepiness & saggines...the uglies..to speed the process of skin remodeling up. (crepiness & sagginess are fine but you really need to back off a bit if you have breakouts, redness or swelling. Don't want to scare you, just want to let you know the difference.) I stick with the copper peptides but still like to use the cp serum & super cp serum. (I actually ordered super cp serum by mistake last time. I prefer the cp serum because with the super cp serum, you have to wait 30 minutes before applying anything on top..not critical really but I think it has something to do with keeping the salicylic acid active for 30 minutes...)
Long post but the cps can seem a little complicated at first.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lily

I don't know what the skinbio people asked you or what kind of skin you have or how old you are or whether you have serious wrinkles.

I reckon if you are older, have serious wrinkles or your face is used to other active ingredients all these things could lead them to recommending the stronger stuff, which as queenpedauque pointed out is supposed to be more effective partly because of the mix with salicyc acid.

And actually I understand the latest Supercop is much better tolerated on most peoples' skin. The first gave more people a bad reaction (like itching).

Besides if you use a CP that is too strong it's not a drastic or irreversible problem - you can just stop. Use a little bit at a time to build up your tolerance and/or dilute like queenpedauque says.

I'm sure you'll like it.

Molly
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi I have been recommended for the exfol with retinol and the trireduction for a chickenpox scar, although I have the same problems as everyone else with open pores, blocked pores and wrinkles starting. Would you recommend these for scars, it is quite a deep one in the centre of my forehead, also can you not go out in the sun then, or do you have to use a good spf. Any advice gratefully appreciated.
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lily,

I've been using SkinBio's CPs since mid-January of this year.

I bought the following in my first order with DianneYvonne:

CP Serum
    Exfol Serum
    Emu Oil
    TriReduction Basic

The serum version was recommended to me by DiannaYvonne as I have combination sensitive skin rather than the cream, because I was worried that I would break out because of my oily t-zone. The CP serum turned out to be too strong so I had to apply Emu oil first and then CP serum (diluted with water - 2 drops CP/4-5 drops H2O) in the evenings and then Exfol serum in the morning at the beginning until my face adjusted to it.

DiannaYvonne recommended this for me to start off until my face acclimated to the SRCPs. Now I can use the CP serum full strength. The Exfol serum didn't irritate my face at all and I was able to use it full strength right off the bat. My face is clear and doesn't break out anymore except for that dratted TOTM or extreme stress. Mad

I had to buffer with Emu oil on my arms and shoulders before applying the TriRed cream in the beginning, but can use it full strength now also.

Now I use CP and Exfol together twice a day. I have now incorporated a 10% lactic acid weekly at home and 15% glycolic peel applied by my esthetician monthly to speed up the turnover in skin renewal.

I just ordered the Super Cop 2x to spot treat my moles and freckles on my face and arms. I will see if I can tolerate or if I need to wait a bit longer.

My initial goal when I switched to SRCPs was to reverse all the sundamage that my face and body has from all those earlier years of not using sunscreen. I am now seeing all the damage to my skin surfacing now. Sad

The reason is I was allergic to the older sunscreen formulations in the past, but now I find I can tolerate the Mexoryl and Tinasorb without breaking out into allergic rashes and hives. Very Happy

DianneYvonne is extremely helpful for anyone new to the world of SRCPs.

Feel free to PM me to ask any questions. I can only tell you from my own experience.

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the CP serum and occasional super cop 2x and I think I am gonna go for the whole kit and caboodle with skin bio.

Bad scarring from last year has resurfaced and is rapidly fading, and I think that with the exfol and retinol stuff, I should be able to further improve my skin, though it doesn't look too bad at the mo to be honest!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Monalisasmiler
I think it should work. I've been using the strong stuff for hyperpigmentation rather than scars but it really seems to be finally eradicating it. It takes very long-term use though. I've been using Supercop X2 for several months now, but only every two or three nights.

And you do need to use sunscreen after Exfol. Any kind of exfoliation is going to make you a little more sensitive to the sun because it's dissolving dead surface skin which protects you a bit. Retinol can make you more sensitive too.
HTH M
raydean
5% products discount

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Molly wrote:
Hi
Just wanted to add.....

I had the skin tags on my neck drop off too really quickly - in a couple of weeks, which amazed me. But then I stopped applying anything to my neck and now they've come back which I don't really understand.

Also, I made one of my sisters use PR classic and emu oil for her facial eczma and she's never had it since, though she won't confess that it was the CPs - just thinks I'm obsessed with skin things. But, strange it was the only new thing she was using.

I think I would have better results from the CPs if I exfoliated more strongly, but like Guapagirl I'm extremely wary of it. Not from experience just the idea of stripping a layer of skin off your face seems dangerous to me. I've just started using Microdermx (once only) so we'll see if that helps 'erase' the original wrinkles, though I'm not very keen on it after the first try - maybe it needs practice.

Sorry, I had to add more because I'm a big CP fan and I've been using it for so long. I might be back on this one.

Molly

Molly did you mean Epidermx?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Raydean, Not sure what you're asking me. If you mean did I mean Epidermx is a stronger exfoliant and would get better results or did I use the epidermx to get rid of the moles. I never used Epidermx on my neck so I got rid of the moles with exfol and trireduction. When I was using the Epidermx on my face I don't think I was using the stronger CPs. I'm now using Jan Marini's Bioglycolic a couple of times a week on my face (that is a stronger exfoliant) and SupercopX2 every second or third night. This is finally pulling it off. I am planning to write a review. The most interesting thing about this is I've only used the supercop on half of my face for several months now and I have patches of hyperpigmentation on both sides of my forehead. It's actually my first and oldest patch that is almost gone and this is the side I use the Supercopx2. This is doubly amazing considering I went quite tanned from sitting in my living room without sunscreen a little while ago and this should have brought it out again. I think like Guapagirl it really heals from the deepest layer and takes a long, long time. Wrinkles, I feel are improved too, but not so radically as the hyperpigmentation.
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:06 am      Reply with quote
Copper Peptide skin care products have only been preliminarily proven to be effective in independent clinical trials. I've done a lot of research on effective skin care products and finally started to put together an educational website, the SkinCareResourceCenter.com to share that information with anyone else interested in learning what has clinically proven to be effective and what the concentrations are you need to look for in skin care products.
There are several clinically proven skin rejuvenation ingredients that you can find in skin care products that I can happily report have worked well for me.
I use a vitamin A retinol moisturizer after toning with a CoQ-10 toner and application of an AHA gylcolic gel in the AM. Then at night I use a vitamin C toner and a DMAE vitamin enhanced night cream. (All for the price of just one fancy, over promoted, miracle cream)!
Hope you find it helpful.
Sue
SkinCareResourceCenter.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
All for the price of just one fancy, over promoted, miracle cream

Hi Ssue, I visited your site. It has good, accessible summaries of what a lot of us take time to find out through trial and error. I'm sure it'll be useful to a lot of people.

...but can I just take issue with you over a couple of little things. It's just you end your post with the above quote. You could hardly call Skinbio over-promoted. Have you seen their site, it's hardly good advertising? Fancy?? Have you seen the packaging? Over-priced? I think it's extremely reasonable. Consider I've been using a free sample pot of Supercopx2 for several months now.

I also find it a bit odd that you're recommending the use of another brand of copper peptides on your site from the advanced regime page Question Molly
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:29 am      Reply with quote
i agree with you Molly. I got a freeby supercop2x with my order because I purchased from the skinbio website. I think their stuff is good value for money, like you say they are low key no pushy sales people or gimmicks, lousy packaging not at all enticing but good basic sound products.
You would not have used it for four years (please don't say I am wrong and it is someone else)if you did not feel you were getting results and it is making my mole shrink and I am using exfol and super on it twice a day.
I think the evidence speaks for itself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Loopylori, you're absolutely right - over 4 years Wink

Is your mole suddenly reducing now you're using the stuff more often or is that over a long time? Just out of interest. M
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:50 am      Reply with quote
bits keep dropping off of it.(the mole that is) Shock
I was using the skinbio faithfully for a few months then I changed my routine and was only using it sporadically but now I am using it daily again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 10:09 am      Reply with quote
It's a shame the 'puke' icon doesn't work. I tried it before in another mole thread. Laughing
Ssue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to clarify Molly. There are just a few clinically proven skin rejuvenation treatments such as vitamin A (retinol) and AHA (gylcolic acid) while there are many anti-aging skin care treatments that are in the preliminary stages of study but show promising results such as copper peptides.

I included all the most popular anti-aging skin care ingredients along with a summary of the current clinical synopsis of whether it has been independently proven to be effective or not as well as those anti-aging skin care treatment which have shown significant promise in rejuvenating skin.

Copper peptides do show preliminary promise in treating aging skin and as with all the other commonly known skin rejuvenators that are discussed on the website, I researched which products in each anti-aging category have the recommended concentration of the anti-aging ingredient as well as which of those products are the most cost effective!

There are an unlimited array of skin rejuvenation treatments for most of the popular anti-aging ingredients such as copper peptides. The SkinCareResourceCenter.com simply seeks to provide current information so people can make an educated choice when selecting their skin rejuvenation products.

I also use a copper peptide as part of my skin rejuvenation regime along with a Vitamin A, AHA,and a DMAE cream figuring what the heck, I use skin care products anyways, I might as well take full benefit of those anti-aging treatments that have been proven to be effective as well as some which have shown significant promise in rejuvenating skin!

I hope that clarifies the purpose of the website. It's been a work in progress for quite awhile but I have found researching this area extremely helpful and have enjoyed learning how to build a website as well! Thanks for your feedback. Surprised

Sue
SkinCareResourceCenter.com

Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I've never tried coper peptides before, but now I am anxious to Smile

This is a great forum with lots of helpful information.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Ssue wrote:

I also use a copper peptide as part of my skin rejuvenation regime along with a Vitamin A, AHA,and a DMAE cream figuring what the heck, I use skin care products anyways, I might as well take full benefit of those anti-aging treatments that have been proven to be effective as well as some which have shown significant promise in rejuvenating skin!

So when do you use the CPs? At night with your DMAE? Or in the morning with the retinol and CoQ-10?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |