Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
do skinny women age faster and worse?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps because they have less fat on their face..
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:11 am      Reply with quote
zina wrote:

I think some women take it a bit too far wanting a teens figure after a certain age! They end up
looking gaunt, aged and just not well, just my opinion!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I had this discussion with a friend a little while ago, and she made a good point. She said it depends on the woman concerned. Sure smaller body fat levels don't hide the flaws that their counterparts who are overweight do, but then she reasoned that those who were overweight anyhow were not particularly healthy, and that long term the facial fat actually dragged the skin etc down and stretched it (which I disagreed with at first and then thought about it and think she is right).

Theresa
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I am just thinking a happy medium, I have seen a 5 pound difference just make a woman look so much better! I am not advocating massive excess weight, but as we age possibly have kids, go through menopause our bodies change and for the most part we carry a little more weight than we would at 18-25.

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 am      Reply with quote
One of the "hallmarks" of middle age is weight gain. The picture of this is rarely an attractive one. We've all seen people who have gained the weight of middle age (too many donuts, not enough exercise etc - Alec Baldwin in his pudgy pictures comes to mind). And then the same person will make a decision to lose the weight, eat better, exercise, etc. and they inevitably look better. A face carrying excess weight is no more attractive than a gaunt, haggy! looking one.
It is all about the balance.

Something I've seen as obvious is someone who is overweight tending to have nicer hands - more fat on them to cover the veins and round them out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I understand your point Sis, I am just saying that after around 40 or so if I dropped to my pre-pregnancy weight which never topped 93 lbs. up until 26 years of age (yes I ate) I would look like a corpse without the sense to lay down! I had a neighbor who after a baby at 40 looked great, then took the weight loss too far and people actually asked if she was seriously ill! I think balance is correct but just as overweight isn't healthy, overly thin isn't either!

IMHO
DM

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I think it has to do with more than just weight. I think it has to do with lifestyle as well. If a heavier person smokes and drinks alot they wont age well, same thing with a skinny person.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Lovelylatte wrote:
I think it has to do with more than just weight. I think it has to do with lifestyle as well. If a heavier person smokes and drinks alot they wont age well, same thing with a skinny person.

I agree 100%!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I am in my early 20s and I am naturally skinny.Think of Michelle Pfeiffer when she was younger or Eva longoria. I am worried a little..
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
zina wrote:
I am in my early 20s and I am naturally skinny.Think of Michelle Pfeiffer when she was younger or Eva longoria. I am worried a little..

Don't worry! I was super skinny and had 4 kids lost most of the weight and my face isn't old looking! As a matter of fact a good 10 lbs. or more landed on my chest! LOL

DM
Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah... I think it has a lot to do with how a body shape is obtained... Some people are naturally then and quite healthy, and they look great... Others gain their thinness through extremes that abuse their body... and they look abused..

Some are a bit on the heavy side, and it's just who they are, and they glow... Others, again, abuse their body, gain crazy weight, and they look abused...

Abused looks aged... look at anyone known for drug use, excessive dieting (even exercise), excessive food... the skin just shows the internal drama... Kind of the open book syndrome.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I lost about 40 lbs when I was about 45, and have managed to keep it off. In my case, the weight loss made me look a lot younger, since I lost weight off my jowls & neck (although this loss only showed up with the last 5 to 7 lbs I lost). Now if I could figure out how to tighten up my "batwings" a little more...

But I agree overly thin & gaunt women, especially if they're that way due to smoking, look a lot older than women with a little fat on their face. But I think too much fat ages a woman too...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
zina wrote:

I absolutely agree with this statement. I am naturally thin and just turned 40 Shock Unfortunately my face has been losing some fat and it has definitely made me look older. My overall weight is about the same. I have even considered those fat injection procedures to make my face look fuller Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yep they say you have to choose between the face and the body when you reach the age of wisdom and grace. I think a lot of women come into their own as they age, some women become more beautiful. A few extra pounds softens up some of the wrinkles and lends a healthier look to one's appearance. My mom has 3 sisters and I think my mom (the oldest) and the second eldest look the best by far. They have about 30 pounds over the youngest and they look so much happier. The younger aunts are exercise fanatics. One does weights and cardio at the gym and her body is tiny but she looks so tired. They both have new boyfriends but really. Who would you want the guy who likes you for your face or for your body. Face everytime hands down.
Remember how Madonna looked before her latest face lift, so scary. But we all have our own struggles so we must do what makes us happy. When I'm older I want to be chasing around my kids/grandkids and doing yoga, sipping bellinis on vacation with my husband. Not restricting and exhausting myself with vigorous workouts.
My two cents, sorry for blaahbing. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Balance and healthy lifestyle is the key. My own body just seems to know what to do but I don't beat it up too bad. I exercise regularly but not starvation - fanatic type. I gained weight after each of my children but it all seemed to work out. I was straight before any kids (figure-wise) and the first baby gave me more hips which I needed and the second baby - boobs! Yay. I figure my hormones finally got with the program!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
LOL
Sis, All 4 of mine added to the boobs, then they took on a life of their own they just keep growing! My annual expenditure NEW BRAS!

DM

Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Another interesting consideration is that fat makes estrogen, so being underweight tends to make menopause more difficult. In fact, I've heard my doctor suggest that the extra weight many women put on during menopause is the body's natural way of smoothing out the estrogen depletion of menopause. And being underweight definitely puts you at higher risk for bone depletion, probably for the same reason. So it serves to reason that a little plumpness (not obesity, mind) may also help buffer the effects of aging.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting fact about weight and estrogen. I have an annual exam coming up and will talk to the dr about bone density and such.

I think I take after my mom's body type. She was still under 100 lbs after having 2 kids. However once she hit age 50 she started gaining weight in the mid section and her face. Her arms and legs are still skinny.

I hope I will gain some fat on my face later in life. Since I don't have any kids, no boobs for me Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
mtview,

LOL It doesn't always work out that way I have a friend who is 17 years older than me she had 3 kids, no boobs before and no boobs after! She can get away with going bra less *sigh* I vaguely recall those days!

DM
Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mtview,

LOL It doesn't always work out that way I have a friend who is 17 years older than me she had 3 kids, no boobs before and no boobs after! She can get away with going bra less *sigh* I vaguely recall those days!

DM
Bad Grin

It definitely doesn't always work out that way! I've never been pregnant & was a 34D in my 20's, now a 34DD! And my mom is a AA cup, if that - after 4 kids!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33385839/ns/health-skin_and_beauty/

sort of adds to the discussion I think..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
I hear you on that! I was a 32C and after 1 kid ended up a 32DD! You don't want to know the cup size now!! LOL

DM

catsull wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
mtview,

DM
Bad Grin

It definitely doesn't always work out that way! I've never been pregnant & was a 34D in my 20's, now a 34DD! And my mom is a AA cup, if that - after 4 kids!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I hear you on that! I was a 32C and after 1 kid ended up a 32DD! You don't want to know the cup size now!! LOL

DM

Oh My Word!!!! No Way.... Shock I was happy to hit the C cup!

catsull wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
mtview,

DM
Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
haha what a statement
i dont think so.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
haha what a statement
i dont think so.

I'm sorry what statment? Could you clarify? I don't understant what it is you are saying I don't think so about!

TIA
DM

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |