Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Gentle exfoliating treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Here is my review:

I was pleased to read that it has fruit enzymes in this exfoliator. It is not as strong as ExfoliKate and it has these green/blue round beads. I have a cold right now, so this did not bother my sensitive skin, but I can't say if this scrub is as effective as Cellcosmet dual action and the stronger version of KS ExfoliKate. After I rinsed it off after two minutes, I felt refreshed, but I can't say that it help fade any skin discoloration or add any brightness as Cellcosmet and Juice Beauty Green Apple peel.

If I could not afford Cellcosmet dual action scrub, I think I would buy this instead, but I don't think it is as effective and would have to use Juice Beauty Apple Peel to help keep my skin looking bright.

The packaging for the jar version is cute and interesting. I hope Kate Somerville won't discontinue the jar version because I think the jar packaging would help attract new clients to try this brand.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I wanted to try this product for some time now!! I have used the JB Green Apple Peel, and liked the results of that product. I love organic products, although I often find it difficult to find an effective exfoliator. Do you think that this product is overall better than Juice Beauty's product for results?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
No, I don't think so. I think JB is more affective, but if your skin is too sensitive to strong JB peel, then this would be the way to go. I did not feel any burning. Please keep in mind that I have no idea what the sensitive JB peel feels like, I got the full strength knowing that my skin can take it.
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I used to use the JB full strength peel and it was fine. However, they changed a few of the ingredients and the consistency is not as nice. I find the product a bit clogging to my pores. I know this may sound strange, but everytime I did a peel my pores would be clogged with stuff that was the same color as the mask. After extractions, it would only occur after the mask. Strange hey? Although, since I stopped using the product I have not found anything to replace it with...>VERY FRUSTRATING!!
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare, do you use Retin A? I am asking because I want to know whether you can use the Juice peel and Retin A (although obviously not at the same time) without irratation. TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I am and this is how I do it. I would use JB before I use my prescription which I wear in the evening and/or I use JB in the morning if I notice my skin tone is a bit pink/red.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I think the general effect of its products. In particular, that peptide creams, even more expensive than LA MER, but the effect of poor

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I really like this product. It is a very gentle but effective high grade fruit enzyme exfoliator. However, when it first came out it was in a "pump jar" and was just too thick for the pump to work.

I have used haircare products in the clever pump jar which worked beautifully. So I was very pleased when Kate repackaged it into a tube. Actually a jar with a spatula would have been my choice, but at least now I can squeeze it out without having to throw the whole jar away when it stops pumping.

Overall, a superior exfoliator that I love to use a couple of times a week!
gellys
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 am      Reply with quote
I am typing as I have the Exfolikate Intensive treatment on. Unfortunately, I bought this Exfolikate back in July when it was in the pump. And as some of you have mentioned, it no longer pumps! However, I have discovered if I deconstruct (take it a part) meaning take the cap off, unscrew the lid and VOILA, product is still left (And a lot of it). Then take a clean finger or beauty spoon, and apply.

Can't wait to purchase the squeeze bottle once this runs out, but in the mean time for those who are 'stuck' with the pump, try taking it a part, don't throw it away, you'll be surprised with the amount of product that is just not pumping out of the jar!!!

Other than the bad product bottling, which was luckily a mistake that was fixed, I LOVE this stuff! It's great, tingling at first, but once I wash it off, my face feels so clean and fresh!
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
KATE I only used the cream, very moisturizing. I know that this dissection is the most popular. Hope to have chance to try.
chei

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I prefer the ZO Skin Health Offects Exfoliating Cleanser more, it can be gentle exfoliating, sensitive skin can also ease of use. Do not worry too much skin irritation
thethe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I felt Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser is useful for acne inhibit
xiyue
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm very interested in it and hope to try some day.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
If you're interested in this line they are having 30% off until Nov. 30.

Kate Somerville 30% off Friends and Family Sale until Nov. 30 Use code KSFF2010

http://katesomerville.com/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |