Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

PREVARA opinions, please? (and just plain HELP!!)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DustysMomm

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this product? The reviews (not many) rave about the ingredients. I'm seriously considering purchasing this. The price is fine.....$29.95 for a one month supply from their site. If I kick my Grande Frappachino habit, I'll lose five pounds and it'll be just about free.

I seriously need some advice. Up until lately I've been happy with my admitted haphazard skincare regime. I always use a moisturizer and have been exfoliating with a combo of sea salt & glycerin and rosewater for about 40 years. (My grandmother was in France in the 1950's and heard about this from several experts and used it twice a week religiously. GORGEOUS skin !!)

Sometimes I'm really good about night creams, wrinkle creams, etc. Murad to Avon with a Clinique stopover. Sometimes, I just seem to get out of the habit. But the fine lines and wrinkles are multiplying like the proverbial rabbits. What the heck is up with the #@%#&* age spots?? Isn't it enough that our side got the stretch marks?? Who do I complain to??

Sorry. Lost my mind for a minute there.

Pro-Sirtuin, copper peptides, other peptides, Umu oil and... oh, about a couple dozen MUST HAVE ingredients for serious wrinkle & skin care. This is getting so confusing! Do I use an anti-aging serum AND a night time moisturizer? Eye cream too? Which do I apply first? Any other night time products I should use? What about the daytime routine? A clean face & then some kind of eye cream, a moisturizer, a wrinkle preventer, a primer and THEN put on make-up? <sigh> Oh, I definitely need some advice here.

Age 62. Sometimes a redhead, lately a blonde. Fair complexion. Good skin, low average wrinkles & no product allergies. "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went" -WILL ROGERS
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.thebeautyinsiders.com/prevera.html

Prevera - Overview
Prevera is an anti-aging cream that is marketed as being more affordable than comparable creams on the market. In fact, the official Provera website devotes much of its basic one-page website to explaining why other companies overcharge for their products (because of excess packaging, advertising for example).
Provera claims that it can make the user look ‘10-15 years younger in one month’ and that it works immediately, firming and smoothing the facial skin within 2-3 days. The website isn’t terribly informative about Prevera although it does give fairly lengthy explanations about the six main ingredients. The page also includes a few customer testimonials although they are not accompanied by ‘before and after’ pictures and there is a very short FAQ section that explains how to use the product correctly.
The appearance of the website is quite attractive and easy to read but it does contain a couple of spelling mistakes and is written in a personal one-on-one style which has the effect of making it seem unprofessional.
Prevera - Product Description
All the ingredients are listed for Prevera and, as mentioned, the six active ingredients are explained well, but in rather scientific terms. Provera contains six important peptides: Arigireline, Peption 5, Oligopeptide, Octapeptide, Glycerin and Sodium Hyaluronate. These substances work together to stimulate the production of collagen in the skin, making it firmer, plumper and filling out the lines that give the appearance of wrinkles. The exact amount of each ingredient contained in the formula is not shown so it cannot be certain how potent the mixture will be. The formula also contains a number of other substances including moisturizers and perfumes, the latter making it unsuitable for very sensitive skin types.
Prevera - Advantage
Prevera is less expensive than many similar skin care treatments
The company has a 45-day money back guarantee
The website contains customers testimonials
All the ingredients are listed on the site
The main ingredients are well explained
Prevera contains important peptides
The cream stimulates collagen production for long lasting results
Discounted prices are given for multiple orders
The company has no ‘auto-shipping’ program
Prevera has received favourable independent reviews
Prevera- Drawbacks
No clinical studies are cited
The website has an unprofessional image
Prevera contains perfumes
No ‘terms and conditions’ are shown on the website regarding the money back guarantee
It is unlikely the cream will take ‘10-15 years’ off the user’s appearance
The ingredients are explained in very scientific terms
Prevera is only available directly from the company website
No free trial of Prevera is offered
Prevera - The Bottom Line
Judging from the reviews available on the internet, Prevera does seem to work quite well in terms of firming and smoothing the skin and even diminishing dark circles under the eyes. Some consumers may be turned off by the number of chemical-based ingredients in the formula, particularly those who prefer more natural, herbal preparations.
The makers of Prevera sell a one month supply of Prevera for $29.99, although they claim the regular retail price is $99.99. This is probably simply a sales tactic to make it seem as though the customer is getting a good deal, and it is unlikely the cream is actually worth almost $100.00. However, given the ingredients and the independent reviews, it certainly would not hurt to give Prevera a try and take advantage of the generous 45-day money back guarantee if not completely satisfied.
How Does Prevera Compare?
Click Here to See the Reviews

I think you might want to read this first! I don't know the product but it sounds like a bit of hype to me. I think 2 things to look into if you can are Retin A and vitamin C! Then just a nice cleanser and moisturizer day and night. Sunscreen a must!

HTH
DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with DarkMoon, Retin-A & vit. c serum are very effective. Our skin also needs vit.E so you could look for a moisturizer with vit.E & other anti-oxidents in it. A simple & effective way to get started anyways. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Agree, retinoids are the only proven ingredient to help with fine lines/wrinkles. It can help in lightening the age spots, but with both wrinkles and age spots, it is a long term process (6 months to 1 year).
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:09 am      Reply with quote
DustysMomm wrote:
If I kick my Grande Frappachino habit, I'll lose five pounds and it'll be just about free.

You're a better person than I am if you can do that. Good luck with your quest!!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |