Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Big Fat Rave for YBF skincare line!! (your best face)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I saw this line mentioned on truthinaging.com It is pricey, but worth it to me!! I ordered mine fromwww.theskincareshop.com They have great customer service as well, awesome samples too. I really like the Boost, Control, Restore and Correct eye cream. The Correct is pricey, but really worth it, one of the best eye creams I have used (and believe me, I have used many!!) www.ybfskincare.com Very Happy
Arandjel
5% products discount

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Finally, a thread on YBF's skin care line. Much like yourself, my interest in YBF was piqued by the TIA blog, where it has received consistently positive reviews. However, I haven't gotten around to order any of their products yet, as I can't figure out if they're worth it or not.

Ingredients wise, their products are pumped full of peptides from Sederma and Lipotec. Now, there are no independent studies to support the miraculous claims of these two companies. I myself have never experienced any effects from e.g. Matrixyl 3000. Also, YBF uses Renovage in their products, which is caprylic/capric triglyceride and teprenone - a pharmaceutical drug used in Asia for the treatment of gastric ulcers. As I understand it, teprenone is not even approved by the FDA.

So, since you started this thread, I would - and I'm sure others would too, appreciate if you could write a review of each and every product you mentioned in your initial post, and explain why they're worth all that money. Thank you. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Arandjel, I have used a few samples of the YBF products. I am like you and do not have any results with Matrixyl 3000 in any product I have tried. This line was no exception. The few samples that I tired didn't do anything for me. I am interested in their lip product, but I want a sample before I spend the big bucks on the full size product!
Arandjel
5% products discount

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl, I doubt those peptides do much at all - for anyone (hence the lack of independent studies).

Now, I do like their general idea and philosophy, which is why I've toyed with the idea of trying out Correct. But I would love to read some honest reviews, not only by people who received the products for free.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
These products are sold on HSN, and I believe that YBF stands for Your Best Friend. The lady always comes out with a clean face and her hair in rollers. When the hour show is up she is all made up and ready to go. It is an entertaining show although I have never purchased the products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
These products are sold on HSN, and I believe that YBF stands for Your Best Friend. The lady always comes out with a clean face and her hair in rollers. When the hour show is up she is all made up and ready to go. It is an entertaining show although I have never purchased the products.

I just saw that YBF was sold on HSN, but I thought it was just cosmetics and not the skin products?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Arandjel wrote:
rileygirl, I doubt those peptides do much at all - for anyone (hence the lack of independent studies).

You may be right, Arandjel!
YBFSkincare

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Arandjel,
We're very lucky for the constructive feedback we receive from an engaged, loyal following we've cultivated since 2004. Fans of our brand understand we're a small business trying to make great products...they're rooting for us, helping us evolve and grow our business and understand the impact their words have.

I hope you also find a brand that makes you happy in 2010…one that you can believe in and advocate for like our followers advocate for us.

Dear Frodo & Rileygirl,
We are not affiliated with Your Best Friend Cosmetics (sold on HSN), which changed its name from Models Prefer sometime around 2007/08.

Sincerely,
Darrell Owens, founding partner & principal formulator
Your Best Face Skincare LLC

5% products discount

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Darrell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to address my posts personally, I really appreciate that.

Now, I do happen to use an eclectic variety of products, chosen by their decent track records. But I am no 'fan' of any specific brand, nor would I ever be. Blind and mindless devotion has never been my thing. I demand proof and answers to my questions, and in this case you failed to provide me with either.

And the fact remains that your products are based on peptides from Sederma and Lipotec, both lacking any independent research to support their preposterous claims.

Furthermore, all of the online reviews of your skin care line are written by people who have received the products for free for that exact purpose. As I see it, that makes them partial (which perhaps is your definition of an engaged and loyal following).

Finally I feel like I do have to repeat what I wrote in one of my previous posts, which is that I really like the philosophy of your brand and what you are trying to achieve (I mean, I'm even considering giving the Correct eye cream a try). I just think you're contradicting yourself in choosing such obscure ingredients. As well as dodging any uncomfortable questions.

Once again, thank you. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:16 am      Reply with quote
YBFSkincare wrote:

Dear Frodo & Rileygirl,
We are not affiliated with Your Best Friend Cosmetics (sold on HSN), which changed its name from Models Prefer sometime around 2007/08.

Sincerely,

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused, as I thought your products were Your Best Face, not Your Best Friend!
YBFSkincare

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Dear Arandjel,
It is unfortunate that you feel I was dodging questions when really I was just responding in a manner that, to me, seemed fitting.

Considering your opinions and that our products contain peptides, which you've expressed you feel are a waste, I don't quite understand why you would even give pause to consider our eye cream further.

Perhaps you should consider a brand other than ours - one without peptides or ingredients you feel are obscure?

Enjoy your pursuits and your new year.
Darrell

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Based on glowing reviews on Truthinageing I also bought several of the products, eye cream among them.

I found them to be totally unremarkable - they did absolutely nothing for me, so I do not know where all these glowing reviews were coming from. I had no results to report at all, and found more effective products elsewhere.

Unfortunately, they were not exactly cheap, so now I take TIA recommendations with a grain of salt.

Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sigma,
I am sorry to hear that our products turned out to not be right for you. Thank you though for trying our brand.

All my best,
Darrell Owens

5% products discount

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Darrell,

I apologize for mistaking your lack of further knowledge for dodging. I was honestly hoping you, as a principal formulator, could direct me to clinical studies done on these peptides, other than those conducted by the manufacturer. But alas, there are apparently none. So, why use them, if they haven't been proven efficient? Because they're so fashionable right now?

What really is alarming to me is how you, quite callously, are using your 'fans' as guinea pigs. Teprenone, the active substance in Renovage, is a pharmaceutical drug used to treat gastric ulcers. Now your 'following' is applying it to their faces. Since there are no long-term studies (or any at all), there is no way to discern how it'll affect their vision for instance.

I personally think that cosmetic companies should be under the same scrutiny as pharmaceutical companies. It's absurd what all the cosmetic companies can get away with. Imagine if heart patients were asked to 'believe' in a new drug, in order for it to work, with no research to support it. (Placebo pills anybody?!)

I have to say that I'm rather disappointed in YBF. From everything I've read about you to the glowing, albeit biased, reviews, I actually thought you were different. That there was deep knowledge and genuine care behind your products. But like the major corporations, you just seem to be in for it for the money. And there's a lot of it to be earned: the cosmetic industry is booming.

So, you are probably right, Darrell: I won't be trying out Correct, after all.
Arandjel
5% products discount

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:35 am      Reply with quote
sigma,

I agree with you: TIA recommendations should be taken with a grain of salt. What started out as a very interesting blog has turned into a platform for shameless promotion, where opinions can be bought by expensive gifts. Oh well. I'm sad to read that you spent so much money on YBF. To be honest, I was about to do the same, but I'm glad Darrell talked me out of it. Wink
YBFSkincare

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Arandjel,
I'm glad I could help you with your decision.

You made it very clear from your first post where your heart is in the matter when it comes to our brand.

Again, I wish you the best in your hunt for products that make you happy.
Darrell

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Eeeps, what a can of worms I have unleashed! I just thought I would mention this line and that I do like it.

The Correct eye cream is very concentrated, has really helped my dark circles and keep fine lines from getting deeper, esp. on the side that I sleep on.

The Control I alternate with Restore. I have had a sensitivity with Idebenone in the past, but, knock on wood, so far so good .

I like to use the Boost in the morning under my sunscreen and makeup. It sinks right in and works for me like a great primer under my makeup.

I am just a skincare junkie, have used many lines, many other lines I like as well, just thought I would share my opinion. Take care. Very Happy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
YBFSkincare wrote:
Hi Arandjel,
We're very lucky for the constructive feedback we receive from an engaged, loyal following we've cultivated since 2004. Fans of our brand understand we're a small business trying to make great products...they're rooting for us, helping us evolve and grow our business and understand the impact their words have.

I hope you also find a brand that makes you happy in 2010…one that you can believe in and advocate for like our followers advocate for us.

Dear Frodo & Rileygirl,

Sincerely,

Glad we got that cleared up. Actually I really enjoy watching YBF on HSN. The woman is a kick in the a**, fun to watch.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I am glad I read this, the lack of the principle formulator, Darrell certainly convinced me never to consider this YBF brand! Not being willing to show any unbiased studies to back their claims up is always a major turn off! I also think I'll avoid TIA myself!
Thanks for starting the thread, and a big thanks to all who told it like it is, including Darrell (in his not forthcoming way)!

LOL
DM
Laughing
A Happy New Year!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Darrell certainly convinced me never to consider this YBF brand! Not being willing to show any unbiased studies to back their claims up is always a major turn off!

Hopefully Darrell will have a change of heart and come back with information and studies for us. EDS is a different type of forum where we like to see studies and get all the technical information possible before we make decisions.
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Okay...I ordered correct today before some of you directed me to this thread...thank you so much, btw!! I can only hope the $150 does SOMETHING!

I've been trying new products lately after using Jan Marini for 2 years, which I have been very happy with...I just want to take advantage of the latest and greatest r&d in new products.

Sooo girls what are your exceptional products that have produced real results for you...I was so hoping the Correct would be worth it because my eyes are the one place where I really see the aging process kicking my arse!Well okay the aging process is literally kicking my arse as well but the world never sees that!) Cool

Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Loribar,
Thank you for buying Correct and I hope you find it a joy to use! Please write to me at the address on our web site and let me know what you think!

Throughout 2009 we updated all of our formulas, saving Correct for last. The new version we rolled out over Thanksgiving is well-improved...the texture is better and it does a better job of fighting puffiness and wrinkles. Feedback we've received from those who used the original Correct has been the updated formula was in improvement.

Sincere thanks,
Darrell

P.S. to RileyGirl,
I know you were not necessarily impressed with Correct when you tried it. You might like the new version though. If I still have your address, do you mind if I send you a sample try?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
YBFSkincare wrote:

P.S. to RileyGirl,
I know you were not necessarily impressed with Correct when you tried it. You might like the new version though. If I still have your address, do you mind if I send you a sample try?

I sent you a PM, Darrell. Sure, I will definitely try the new version of the Correct!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I just got my samples from Darrell (thank you very much, Darrell!). I got a sample of the Define, the new Correct for eyes, the prep, and what looks like a full size of the lip Quench. I'll start using the Define and the Correct every morning and once my samples are used up I will report back.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I just got my samples from Darrell (thank you very much, Darrell!). I got a sample of the Define, the new Correct for eyes, the prep, and what looks like a full size of the lip Quench. I'll start using the Define and the Correct every morning and once my samples are used up I will report back.

I know I will be anxiously awaiting your review!
I am sure I am not alone, hopefully they will
justify the prices if purchased!

DM Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |