Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I got juvederm "voluma" yesterday!! I have cheeks!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:01 am      Reply with quote
Went to my derm yesterday for some botox, but complained to him about the increasing flatness of my upper face and eye hollows. ANyway he told me about a new thcker filler that is injected very very deep called juvey voluma. He said he could inject my cheeks and bring some up under the eye hollows as well from a single injection point on the outer upper cheek bone.

This sounded all good to me coz I have had a terrible problem with under eye bruising from fillers.

So I said "do it". This is injected differently to other fillers I have had. He numbed the area and added some steriod to reduce brusising. Then he used a long needle to push though the area he wanted to inject and created a channel very deep under the skin. Then he used a cannula to inject the juvey.

Immediately perfect no swelling or bruising, just a tiny blood spot on each cheek. The change in my face is profound to me. I like what i see so much more (hubby didnt notice though Crying or Very sad ).

Cost $1000 AU for 2ml. Should last 2 years.

I might see if I can put together a before and after of some sort.???

Hope this helps someone else

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking into this but the clinic I go to doesn't provide this as a service, so I am having Sculptra.

I found this faq on Juvederm Voluma:

http://www.juvedermultra.co.uk/ABOUTVOLUMA/Pages/faq.aspx#a1

P

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds exciting!! As usual...it doesn't appear to be available yet in the USA. I just had Juvederm Ultra around the mouth area, for the first time. Really pleased and now a Juvederm-lover...but I'm lusting after the idea of the Voluma lasting 18 mths to 2 yrs....

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I hate to ask, but was it painful? It sounds like it goes way deeper than the resty and the juvaderm I usually get.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi SnowQueen,
Good for you! Sounds exciting! Sorry about the hubby...sounds like mine Confused What Do they notice anyway??

Did your derm use a dental block prior to the procedure? I agree with AnnieR that it does sound kind of painful.

Anyone know when this might be available in the U.S.? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I hate to ask, but was it painful? It sounds like it goes way deeper than the resty and the juvaderm I usually get.

There was a pushing type feeling as he made the pocket...which was weird, but not even slightly painful. Very easy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi SnowQueen,
Good for you! Sounds exciting! Sorry about the hubby...sounds like mine Confused What Do they notice anyway??

Did your derm use a dental block prior to the procedure? I agree with AnnieR that it does sound kind of painful.

Anyone know when this might be available in the U.S.? Thanks!

No he used a scattering of some other local anesthetic, much lighter than the dental block (which I HATE).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
My derm also told me that in the trials that this product has higher acceptance rate (ie people initially happy with results) than any other filler ever. I guess cos it is so deep etc, would be harder to get lumps and bumps, discoloration or bruising.

The worst part about this is that I am already looking at other parts of my face and wondering " hmmm if I just put some there..." LOL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
snowqueen: Congratulations! Your husband not noticing is a very good thing! I had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds 1 yr. ago and it took about 5 yrs. off my age. I was so happy that neither my husband or anyone else noticed it. It was so natural! I love Juvederm and can not wait until the product you used is available in USA. Anything to save my face from a face lift!
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Starlight wrote:
snowqueen: Congratulations! Your husband not noticing is a very good thing! I had Juvederm in my nasolabial folds 1 yr. ago and it took about 5 yrs. off my age. I was so happy that neither my husband or anyone else noticed it. It was so natural! I love Juvederm and can not wait until the product you used is available in USA. Anything to save my face from a face lift!

Yes! I guess I agree...but I was feeling so "gorgeous" (lol) I thought he would notice! I had my NL's done too a while back but on one side the line is still there, so I guess I need more ..sigh...

Yes love this stuff..and I think there is good sense in this maintenance stuff..and at least put off that face lift!!!

cheers

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
just joined this forum..

Rebecca your post caught my eye, I am due to have this procedure done in early Jan, I am abit scared!

I have had Juverderm before to the ML and lips and have been extremely pleased with the results, but my doc suggested this for next time. She reckons it would actually help give me some cheekbones which would result in lifting the ML?

can you let me know where you went(by pm?) I'm not to sure of the rules here? $1000 seems cheap, I was quoted alot more!

I am in Melbourne..

thanks in advance, this looks like a cool forum and very informative..

I will be back..lol
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bernie and welcome.

This is one of the best things I have ever done. So don't be scared. I beleive $1000 is cheap. My doctor kinda does this stuff at a min cost cos he believes it should be affordable. He only works one month out of 2 (spends the other in Thailand lol) he is the best. He is in Prahran his name is George Muchnecki (DR George). Cannot say enough good things. He will not be back till Feb now.

Please ask me whatever you like and I will give you his number if you like.

cheers

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow!!! How interesting and sound a bit scary and maybe some pain. What would the doctor do if it did not look good on you and it last for two years?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
It will be interesting to find out how long the results actually last for you. I hope you will keep us posted. I can't help but be skeptical about the 2 year time frame based on other filler procedures (expected results vs the actual outcome).

I don't do fillers - I tried in the past and they dissipated so quickly. The procedure I had in my NL was "supposed" to last up to two years and the reality was 2 months max. This was long before I did facial exercises and massage techniques. These have given me better and long lasting result and cheaper too - by a long shot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I know a doctor who specializes in fillers and has done some amazing work as seen in his before and after photos of patients. If I needed something, I'd go to him because he's very careful and conservative.

I asked him about the hollows under my eyes. Fillers injected shallowly don't work there and he told me about this deep injection. He said he was reticent to do it on any of his patients because there is a risk of blindness because the injection site is very close to the eyeball. Shock

I'm willing to wait until they invent something that can be injected more shallowly under the skin.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:15 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I know a doctor who specializes in fillers and has done some amazing work as seen in his before and after photos of patients. If I needed something, I'd go to him because he's very careful and conservative.

I asked him about the hollows under my eyes. Fillers injected shallowly don't work there and he told me about this deep injection. He said he was reticent to do it on any of his patients because there is a risk of blindness because the injection site is very close to the eyeball. Shock

I'm willing to wait until they invent something that can be injected more shallowly under the skin.

I have also had probs with u/eye fillers in the past. The voluma was injected miles away from the eye area in the outer cheek...but using the cannula he took it right ender the eye and cheek. It is a much deeper and more natural effect than I ever got with my undereye before.

cheers

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:18 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
It will be interesting to find out how long the results actually last for you. I hope you will keep us posted. I can't help but be skeptical about the 2 year time frame based on other filler procedures (expected results vs the actual outcome).

I don't do fillers - I tried in the past and they dissipated so quickly. The procedure I had in my NL was "supposed" to last up to two years and the reality was 2 months max. This was long before I did facial exercises and massage techniques. These have given me better and long lasting result and cheaper too - by a long shot.

Fillers last well for me..even the Juvey Ultra lasted 18mths plus....I also am hoping as this is injected on a deeper plane that it might be less effected (and eroded) by movement???

I was going nowhere with my facial exercises...I think coz my body weight is quite low it tends to make me look a bit gaunt?

Anyway will sure keep you posted and hope it lasts.

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the reply Rebecca, I might have to look him up!

I have been having Juvaderm Ultra and am extremely pleased with the results, its will be a year on the 24 Jan since I have needed a top up, but it does need to be done now, that's why she suggested this new stuff to enhance the cheekbones!

hope it works, don't practically like the sound of the cannula!!

the only problem is it can't apparently be used in the lips.
I usually have 2 mls between my lips and ML. But this comes in 2ml syringes and can only be used on the cheeks?? so its going to end up being costly!

thanks again, I will keep everyone informed of how I go!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:56 am      Reply with quote
That sound great snowqueen67.
So this filled in your eye hallows also?
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
Thanks so much for the reply Rebecca, I might have to look him up!

I have been having Juvaderm Ultra and am extremely pleased with the results, its will be a year on the 24 Jan since I have needed a top up, but it does need to be done now, that's why she suggested this new stuff to enhance the cheekbones!

hope it works, don't practically like the sound of the cannula!!

the only problem is it can't apparently be used in the lips.
I usually have 2 mls between my lips and ML. But this comes in 2ml syringes and can only be used on the cheeks?? so its going to end up being costly!

thanks again, I will keep everyone informed of how I go!

It can be used anywhere you want a "firmer" result over bone ie cheeks, chin,temples etc. The product is too firm for lips and probably NL lines too...???

The cannula, while it feels weird (not painful) is better in so many ways. Your risk of bruising is minimized and the chance of hitting a vein is zero.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
That sound great snowqueen67.
So this filled in your eye hallows also?

yes, he put some product under there. I wish he had put slightly more...but he is very conservative and I have had problems with undereye fillers before.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:

SoftSkin I've had Esthelis injected in my undereye hollows and it can be injected shallowly. No discolouration or lumps at all. And it's lasted 16 months so far! Maybe you could look into that.
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick question...

can anyone tell me if its safe to use LED light therapy (tanda) when you have juvederm in your face!!
I wanted to start looking into getting a light therapy hand held but now I'm wondering if it might 'displace' the juvederm??

anyone have any ideas?

thanks again..x Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I used the Baby Q on my resty injections as I was advised to by a AdvanThera rep to reduce inflammation and bruising at the site. Big No No!
I lost it all, 400 dollars worth plus the botox in my glabellar area didn't take.
When I called back there to complain I was told, Oops, We should not have told you that. Now their stance is to not use it on the areas the first couple of weeks. I would avoid it on those areas for at least 3-4 weeks IMHO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
Just a quick question...

can anyone tell me if its safe to use LED light therapy (tanda) when you have juvederm in your face!!
I wanted to start looking into getting a light therapy hand held but now I'm wondering if it might 'displace' the juvederm??

anyone have any ideas?

thanks again..x Smile

Hi Bermie,

I would wait about a 2 weeks before using any home treatment after fillers or botox, as these products need to settle and stablise.

You will be fine using your Tanda after this period.

The only device I would be very careful with fillers is the STOP device.

HTH

PQ.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |