Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I got juvederm "voluma" yesterday!! I have cheeks!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:

SoftSkin I've had Esthelis injected in my undereye hollows and it can be injected shallowly. No discolouration or lumps at all. And it's lasted 16 months so far! Maybe you could look into that.

Interesting. The reason why Restylane supposedly doesn't work well in the tear trough is because it is white and shows up under that thin skin. I googled Esthelis but couldn't find anything about it being clear or comparing it to Restylane. Are you in the US?
Dr. Rose
5% products discount

Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Congrats on the cheeks! I had mine done in August 2007 with Teosyal Ultra Deep and haven't needed a touch up yet.

I put a little Juvederm Refine in the hollows under my eyes about 3 months ago.

As an injector, I personally prefer to do cheeks rather than NL folds. It really restores youthfulness to the face without being noticeable. And lifting the cheeks helps the NL folds and lower lids as well as the overall shape of the face (jowls, etc.).

I have done cheeks with Juvederm Ultra Plus, Teosyal Ultra Deep and Anteis Fortelis (stiffer form of Esthelis) with good, long-lasting results with all of the products.

I have also had good results with Sculptra. I tend to recommend Sculptra when the face needs volume everywhere (temples, cheeks, around mouth).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Rose wrote:

Was that done shallowly just under the skin? Now I'm wondering if perhaps I misunderstood my doc. I was having Restylane in the NL folds and lips and when I mentioned eye hollows, he just said no. Perhaps he meant that he couldn't put Restylane there and I was only there for Restylane. Unless he meant there wouldn't be enough left after doing the NL and lips? Now you've got me wondering! I couldn't have afforded two different fillers at once, though.

I assume all the fillers are more or less the same cost, correct? I've never needed more than one vial of anything and I assume you pay for a full vial whether or not you use it up.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Dr. Rose wrote:

Was that done shallowly just under the skin? Now I'm wondering if perhaps I misunderstood my doc. I was having Restylane in the NL folds and lips and when I mentioned eye hollows, he just said no. Perhaps he meant that he couldn't put Restylane there and I was only there for Restylane. Unless he meant there wouldn't be enough left after doing the NL and lips? Now you've got me wondering! I couldn't have afforded two different fillers at once, though.

I assume all the fillers are more or less the same cost, correct? I've never needed more than one vial of anything and I assume you pay for a full vial whether or not you use it up.

A lot of injectors are hesitant about doing the undereyes and I think even a brilliant injector will get mixed results. In my case my initial exp with filling the undereyes was with Juvederm Ultra Plus but it was injected "too" superficially and also overfilled PLUS it bruised and the bruising produced a stain in the skin (called Hemosiderin). All bad. However after this all settled down and I had some of the filler removed with hyaluronidase, the result was beautiful. But I would never risk this type of filler again.

The price of sculptra is different (less here in Aust more in the US) but other fillers seem to be much of a muchness.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Mishey wrote:

SoftSkin I've had Esthelis injected in my undereye hollows and it can be injected shallowly. No discolouration or lumps at all. And it's lasted 16 months so far! Maybe you could look into that.

Interesting. The reason why Restylane supposedly doesn't work well in the tear trough is because it is white and shows up under that thin skin. I googled Esthelis but couldn't find anything about it being clear or comparing it to Restylane. Are you in the US?

SoftSkin I'm pretty sure Esthelis is in the US now, I'm in Australia.
I don't know what colour it is but my injector told me that it can be injected shallowly without the tindall effect. So I assume it's clear.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think all these fillers depend on the skill and experience of the person injecting. My doctor friend admitted that he wasn't that good the first few years he did fillers but now he's so good that other doctors consult him. Too bad he lives in the UK because I'd go to him in a minute. His prices are cheaper than the US but you'd have to pay for the plane ticket! Laughing
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just got juvederm in nasal folds and touched-up in spots on face.I like it....dont know how long it lasts though.....
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I just got juvederm in nasal folds and touched-up in spots on face.I like it....dont know how long it lasts though.....

Was it Juvederm Ultra? Lasts well on me 12 -18mths.....

This stuff is very addictive.

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I think it was just juvederm,I dont know if voluma is available in the US.Whats the difference?
Dr. Rose
5% products discount

Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:37 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Dr. Rose wrote:

Hi SoftSkin,

When I do tear troughs, I inject the filler just above the bone, that is, very deep. This avoids the grey or white appearance of filler in the skin and makes a nice lift.

I usually try to just underfill the area because all of the hyaluronic acid fillers will absorb some water and puff up. Products like Juvederm Refine or Teosyal First Lines or Esthelis Soft will absorb less water than the other products and they are less dense. I would rather underfill a little and top it up than overfill.

Your doctor was correct in stating that he wouldn't use the same product in the NL folds as the tear troughs.

My own experience was kind of hilarious because I did myself (I really don't recommend this) and gave myself a bad bruise on one side. I was picturing how stupid I would look trying to explain to an Ophthalmologist what I had done to myself -- rather than get someone else to do it for me. Embarassed

I have an Accent radiofrequency machine that really breaks up bruises quickly, luckily.

Rebecca's comments below yours are right on the money for the common side effects of doing this area.

Here in Canada Restylane is a little cheaper than the other fillers. Juvederm, Teosyal and Esthelis are all about the same price.

I mostly use Juvederm these days because of the local anesthetic in the product -- makes life a lot easier. I personally hate the feel of the dental blocks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I think it was just juvederm,I dont know if voluma is available in the US.Whats the difference?

There are different "thicknesses" which are for diff purposes (ie softer for lips etc) the thicker/harder juvey will last longer, depending on where you are getting it injected. An area with movement it will last less than (say) undereyes where you have less movement.

HTH

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Everybody, Well, I think I'm going to cave and go for a filler. I've tried FaceMaster and Tua Trend, but the area under my eyes just persists in sinking in and down.
I've had Resty and Juvederm in the past and LOVED the results. However, money is tight so I've tried to lift that area and my cheeks with gadgets. I think it's time do something else. I hate to think the gadgets dont't work, but the camera and the mirror tell me, in no uncertain terms, it ain't happening! Boooooo! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
can anybody tell me if botox helps the lines under the eyes???? i feel those lines are so difficult to get rid off...
Jewell

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
This last thursday I had Juvederm in my NL folds
and botox in my 11's
and in the depressor muscle to help with the NL folds and my mouth pulling down.

I used a new doctor that was a little more aggressive in how much of both the juvederm and botox she used...
I took 2 syringes of juviderm as opposed to 1 in the past...
and i am soooo happy with the results.

I would love to have my cheeks done and I think I will have to ask her about that on my next visit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
can anybody tell me if botox helps the lines under the eyes???? i feel those lines are so difficult to get rid off...

Do you mean under and to the outer sides? If so yes. It actually only takes quite a little to treat these...and it seems to last aat least 6 mths on me. If they are directly underneath ie the trough part...then I beleive no.

HTH

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I think all these fillers depend on the skill and experience of the person injecting. My doctor friend admitted that he wasn't that good the first few years he did fillers but now he's so good that other doctors consult him. Too bad he lives in the UK because I'd go to him in a minute. His prices are cheaper than the US but you'd have to pay for the plane ticket! Laughing

Softskin, what's the name of this doctor? TIA.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:

I couldn't agree more!! I've had botox on several occasions around the under eye area with virtually no success. I saw no improvement in my under eye area. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie, the doctor's clinic is in Chepstow near the Welsh border. If you are still interested, PM me and I'll send you the information.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:26 am      Reply with quote
Dr Rose - In the past I've looked into having Sculptra but have always been put off by the enormous amount of horror stories that are on the net. So many people complain of having lumps, and some say that their faces have been deformed by the product. I've read that the skill of the injector has allot to do with attaining successful results.

What's your opinion on all of this? TIA

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I also have a question for Dr Rose in regards to cheek fillers....
I am planning on having filler put in my cheeks next month by a local plastic surgeon. I have problems with volume loss and also have NL's and slight marionettes from said volume loss. I am a Juvederm user in my NL's with my last injection being almost a year ago...I see as of late, my NL's are starting to get more prominent which means the Juve is wearing off....
My question is, I cannot afford to have both the cheeks and NL's done...I see you mention that getting the cheeks done "relieves" the look of the NL's to a certain degree. Would I be better off trying my luck spending money on the cheeks and not the NL's? I am hoping the cheeks would alleviate the NL's enough that I wouldn't need anything in there....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bren, I've had my cheeks filled three times and IMO it's the most effective procedure for giving the whole face an instant lift. If it were my choice, I would forgo the NL folds in favour of spending more money on the cheeks.

My problem is that I seem to gobble up fillers very quickly. I had 1 ml in each cheek and I really think I could have done with 3 ml - but the expense is a killer.

One more question for Dr Rose - what is your opinion on using gadgets over areas that have been filled. I'm thinking of ultrasound and microcurrent devices. Also, I'm presuming that any massage would be a no no - is this correct?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
HI! I wonder what it is about some of us who don't retain fillers and/or botox very long. I've had botox done by 3 docs. It has never lasted longer than 2 months for me. In fact, once it didn't even last one month. Confused It would be great to know if there is something we could do or refrain from doing to make these products last longer. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu...that is all I needed to hear. I think because the Juvederm in my NL's is starting to wear off now so close to me getting my cheeks done I am kind of freaking out not knowing which way to go. I have gotten almost a year out of the Juvederm which is pretty good...
I think I will give the cheeks a go this time and see what that does for me...I am getting kind of excited about it really to see myself with cheeks again...How long did the filler last in your cheeks before you needed more? If I could get away with once a year I'd be a happy camper....

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:
How long did the filler last in your cheeks before you needed more? If I could get away with once a year I'd be a happy camper....

Mine only lasted about 6 months. I spoke with another nurse at another clinic about this and she said this is most unusual - that hers had lasted over 12 months. I'm referring to the Voluma here.

I know you're going to love the cheeks - I don't know how old you are - but I think plump cheeks are especially attractive on mature age women like me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm 39....well, a fresh 39, just turned in December. I've had quite a significant loss of volume in the cheek area where I used to have quite prominent cheeks. I have the dreaded extended tear trough that goes through the middle of my cheek, NL's and slight marionettes. All I am looking for is a bit of the old facial symmetry that I used to have. I seem to be getting more bottom heavy face wise which is typical with age...I don't have wrinkles to speak of, it's just this volume loss that I can't stand and in the right lighting, with a relaxed face I look horrendous.
I think the doctor I am getting my injection from uses Radiesse for the cheek area...I will have to check for sure which he uses...12 months would be a good thing. I am surprised for as much as I use my mouth area that got 12 months out of Juve....

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |