Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Bioderma Photoderm Max Creme vs. Fluid SPF 50+ sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
klondike123

Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Are the two versions very different? Is the Bioderma fluid similar to the Anthelios XL Fluid? Which Bioderma version is better for combination/acne/clog-prone skin? Thanks.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:37 am      Reply with quote
The Bioderma Max Fluid is more suited for combi/oily skin. The cream one is better for dry skin.

I personally prefer the bioderma fluid over LRP anthelios. The LRP one stings and dehydrates my skin. I dunno, maybeee the alcohol % is lower with bioderma.

Hths!
klondike123

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 am      Reply with quote
What I didn't like about the Anthelios Fluid is that even though it is meant for oily skin, I found that it made my skin look greasy anyway. Does the Bioderma Fluid (or Creme) make you look greasy?
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Nope, the Bioderma Fluid doesn't make me look greasy. This one kind of dries up better than the Avene Emulsion SPF 50+ which I also use, depending on the state of my skin. I've not used the Bioderma Creme. For reference, I'm mostly combi (oily t-zone), but can also veer between slightly dry to slightly oily.

I am wondering what you meant when you said the LRP made you look greasy. Does your skin become more oily? If so, it might be because of the alcohol in it irritating your skin and causing it to produce more oil.

Or do you mean it made you look greasy? I personally don't like the mexoryls in LRP. I've tried a few s/s that use mexoryls, and they all made my face look so shiny sales girls were pushing oil control products to me. LOLs. Except it was just shine, not oil. Rolling Eyes The tinsorbs in Avene and Bioderma are much better imo.

Just another thought. Perhaps you can try physical s/s. Some of them are extremely mattifying.
klondike123

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really know if my face is or looks greasy. I think it makes me look greasy rather than producing oil. I could be wrong though. Like after I first apply it my skin looks greasy, then at the end of the day my nose and forehead look really really greasy, but I still think it's the product not me but like I said I don't really know.

I was reading reviews over at MUA and I was wondering if you ever had problems with the Fluid not absorbing well into your skin so that as the day goes on it separates from your skin and sits in patches on your face. That might have been with the old formulation though. Thanks for your help!
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Seems to me the LRP makes your face look shiny. Some grease at the end of the day is perfectly normal, I'd only be concerned if skin starts oiling up within 2hrs.

I've not had problems with the fluid. It spreads and absorbs well for me. The few times it separated and got patchy later in the day, well my skin was just on the drier side those few days. Don't think it was the s/s.

I am not too sure about any old formulation though. I started using this only this year, and I am liking it very much. Cool
klondike123

Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oh that sounds promising. Does it leave you with a white caste? I know that I can always mix in some of the Bioderma tinted cream but I'd prefer not to...
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
i really like the bioderma one ,its not too greasy and doesnt make my skin oily
klondike123

Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Are you talking about the fluid or creme?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
The Max Fluide definitely has better oil control than the cream and a less shiny finish compared to LRP Antihelios Fluide Extreme. At least on my face (combination skin with oily T zone). It is a bit on the pricey side though. An alternative is the SPF50 Family spray 400mls which gives slightly less oil control compared to the Max Fluide but still acceptable for me. I don't recommend the SPF40 Family spray because it is scented and I don't like their "sunshine fragrance". The SPF50 spray is unscented.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:41 am      Reply with quote
klondike123 wrote:
Oh that sounds promising. Does it leave you with a white caste? I know that I can always mix in some of the Bioderma tinted cream but I'd prefer not to...

Nope, no white caste. But I am pale skined. NC 15-20 thereabouts. Laughing

And yes, the price is keeping me from using it exclusively. The tube is ridiculously small. Confused
klondike123

Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:38 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
The Max Fluide definitely has better oil control than the cream and a less shiny finish compared to LRP Antihelios Fluide Extreme. At least on my face (combination skin with oily T zone).

I was planning on getting the creme since other people said that the fluid is just really greasy as is, more so than the cream, but now I don't know what to do!
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:33 am      Reply with quote
klondike123

I hope you read this in time. I'm cross posting m1rox from another thread, the Bioderma Max Fluid SPF50 has been newly formulated without alcohol. I've not tried the new version w/o alcohol.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=36643
m1rox wrote:
Regarding Bioderma, my favourite is the Max Fluide SPF50 but I understand they have now reformulated it without alcohol and it is now PPD38 instead of 35. Before rejoicing in the exclusion of alcohol, I also received some feedback that the new version is not as fluid and seems to give a more shiny and whitening finish compared to the old version. So anybody thinking to switch over, please try and get a sample or just buy ONE tube to test out first before stocking up. The Bioderma AKN Matt SPF40 is also alcohol-free but please note that this is not fragrance-free (I have to admit I don't like Bioderma's "sunshine" fragrance - I wish they would omit fragrance in all of their sunscreens).
SSIGA

Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I recently tried the Bioderma Photoderm MAX Teinted Cream - and I am extremely happy with it! I have a light olive complexion, and the tinted cream appeared much darker, yet it blended in quite nicely. It felt great, and left a nice glow, but I chose to brush a mineral veil over it just to keep my slightly oily skin in check throughout the day. At the end of the day my skin still looked great - and felt wonderful. I've been researching the differences between SPF products and those that cover UVA. I believe this sunscreen covers all of the UVA/UVB rays. I understand it has both physical and chemical sunscreens - and there may be a concern about the health aspects of chemical sunscreens; however, I want the UVA protection. Until there is a physical sunscreen that provides complete UVA protection, this sunscreen will continue to be my choice.
livmaquillage
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Japanese make better lightweight but high SPF (especially above 50) sunblock for oily/combination skin. Shiseido, kose and sofina have good ones that can't go wrong.

I gave up trying out European/US brands long ago after throwing away some greasy tubes... What I couldn't stand was they made my handbag handles white and ugly Neutral
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |