Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MALE ACTORS- Who has the best skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Okay, which male actors have the best skin? What makes them have the best skin? To be attractive, would you say it is 50% skin and 50% bone structure? What would the ratio % be?

Also, who has tight pores and “creamy” skin?

To achieve this, what procedures did they do?

I’m a male actor and I’d like to know what you guys think.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Josh Hartnett comes to mind. Cool

To be fair a lot of actors known for their handsome looks have scarring and wrinkled skin.

-Clive Owen
-Daniel Craig
-Brad Pitt
-Johnny Depp

These guys are more rough and rugged and their sex appeal doesn't really depend on their skin. I'd say those guys are more grit and charisma and good acting chops. If you want to be one of the many pretty faces you've got your work cut out for you. There are lots of good looking people but personality and charisma will carry you the extra distance.

I do know that quite a few actors get facials and take care of their skin.

Good luck and break a leg!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Brad Pitt has awful skin.

Zac Efron has good skin; so does Orlando Bloom- apparently he uses Liz Earle Cleanser for men.

Johnny Depp uses La Mer.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
This is interesting!

I had heard about Brad Pitt's bad skin, but never really saw it until I saw a TV broadcast of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." I didn't think it looked as perfect as I originally thought. There were a lot of acne scars.

Thanks for comments.

Anyone else know what male stars use what?
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
robert pattinson has good skin and good bone structure. Very Happy No idea what he does. I think he's just born with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
In my experience, as I have visited a few uk TV studios - actors/actresses don't seem to have fantastic skin - what makes the difference is their make up artist.

When a big names visit the BBC in London - the top celebs bring their own hair and makeup people - although the make up artists at the BBC are fantastic - we were at a show a few weekends ago and there was an actress who looked ok under normal lights but when the BBC had finished with her make over she looked 20 years younger with flawless skin.

PQ

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
I would definitely say bone structure wins over skin, hands down in men. All the rugged guys previously listed have better bone structure, than skin (although to me Johnny Depp has always had great skin for a dude).

I feel like youthful skin only matters if you are trying to fit a prissy, teen-idol role (ahem Zac Efron, Orlando Bloom). Even RPatz, who is currently a teen idol, I think will eventually go for the rugged look.

Look at DiCaprio. He was once a teen idol and had a prissy look about him but then he "got serious" and shat on his skin. Same with Mark Wahlburg. They have lines that no actress of their age would claim.

I'm not necessarily suggesting you let your skin go, but to me it seems silly to focus on poreless skin as a male actor when so many of the ones who regularly top the "Sexiest" lists have plenty of wrinkles. That's because general sex appeal for men is in power, whereas for women it's youth (IMO).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Funny, but I simply don't notice skin so much in men. Not that they shouldn't take care of their skin (kudos to you guys who do) but on the whole they really get a "pass" that the actresses (and other women) don't.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:22 am      Reply with quote
I agree Johnny Deep has really good skin from what I see anyway Smile
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:12 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
In my experience, as I have visited a few uk TV studios - actors/actresses don't seem to have fantastic skin - what makes the difference is their make up artist.

When a big names visit the BBC in London - the top celebs bring their own hair and makeup people - although the make up artists at the BBC are fantastic - we were at a show a few weekends ago and there was an actress who looked ok under normal lights but when the BBC had finished with her make over she looked 20 years younger with flawless skin.

PQ

Can you say Blind Item?? Give us a clue PQ, pretty please.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:33 am      Reply with quote
I would say it is a mans confidence and posture/ body image that makes them succesfull.
Think of all the top actors...

Brad Pitt
Jason Statham
George Clooney
Bruce Willis
Will Smith
Daniel Craig
Johhny Depp etc

They are a mixture of looks...... Depp more feminine bone structure, Clooney traditionally handsome, some bald, some blonde, some dark etc etc.
The one thing that they all have in common - they are all in shape and have 'something' about them.......confidence in themselves.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
callalily wrote:
photoqueen wrote:

PQ

Can you say Blind Item?? Give us a clue PQ, pretty please.

My lips are sealed.
PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
I met George Clooney ten years ago and he looked older than his age at the time. His hair color then was what it is today - more gray -- so he must have colored it back then when he was working. Lots of sun damage and wrinkles. Several years later his skin had vastly improved.

Tom Cruise's skin seems to have a glow now so I suspect after this facelift, he was given a whole skin routine. It has definitely worked for him. I never thought he was attractive before but now I do.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
My lips are sealed.
PQ

Fair enough. Laughing I'm off to buy Star magazines "No makeup" issue.

I watched Twilight last night and both K-Stew and Pattinson had really nice skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Adam Lambert was pictured with a bag of Ole Henriksen products Smile

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:35 am      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:
Adam Lambert was pictured with a bag of Ole Henriksen products Smile

Do they make eye liner? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
If George Clooney's skin has gotten better, I haven't noticed. I have never found him attractive and wonder why people do. Perhaps he looks like Cary Grant.

With cameras and what not, it is hard to determine which men (actor and singers in the spotlight)have good skin. Which is odd because it is very very hard to look good on camera. How can one look so good on camera yet so bad in real life even though the camera is more forgiving? I have never been able to understand that.

I believe that if you are a good actor, it makes you more attractive: for men and women.

Johnny Depp does have good skin.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently George Clooney had an eye lift.

Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:25 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

Can I digress a little to say that Johnny Depp is just gorgeous full stop!!! Embarassed

I agree that its bone structure not skin though!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:33 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
pal wrote:

Can I digress a little to say that Johnny Depp is just gorgeous full stop!!! Embarassed

I agree that its bone structure not skin though!

rebecca

Laughing You surly can!! and I totally agree!!!
muimui20
5% products discount

Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
chace crawford has awesome skin! Very Happy
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Zac Efron has great skin

Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |