Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Herpanacine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I was at Whole Foods today and I saw this. I was wondering if anyone uses this supplements? Do you think it works?

http://www.webvitamins.com/product.aspx?id=3900

Thank you in advance. Smile
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
12500 units of vitamin A sounds dangerous. The following is the recommended dosage: The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA)

The RDA for vitamin A was revised by the Food and Nutrition Board (FNB) of the Institute of Medicine in 2001. The latest RDA is based on the amount needed to ensure adequate stores (four months) of vitamin A in the body to support normal reproductive function, immune function, gene expression, and vision (21). The table below lists the RDA values in both micrograms (mcg) of Retinol Activity Equivalents (RAE) and international units (IU). For more information on these units, see the section on RAE.

Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for Vitamin A as Preformed Vitamin A (Retinol Activity Equivalents)
Life Stage Age Males: mcg/day (IU/day) Females: mcg/day (IU/day)
Infants (AI) 0-6 months 400 (1,333 IU) 400 (1,333 IU)
Infants (AI) 7-12 months 500 (1,667 IU) 500 (1,667 IU)
Children 1-3 years 300 (1,000 IU) 300 (1,000 IU)
Children 4-8 years 400 (1,333 IU) 400 (1,333 IU)
Children 9-13 years 600 (2,000 IU) 600 (2,000 IU)
Adolescents 14-18 years 900 (3,000 IU) 700 (2,333 IU)
Adults 19 years and older 900 (3,000 IU) 700 (2,333 IU)
Pregnancy 18 years and younger - 750 (2,500 IU)
Pregnancy 19 years and older - 770 (2,567 IU)
Breast-feeding 18 years and younger - 1,200 (4,000 IU)
Breast-feeding 19 years and older - 1,300 (4,333 IU)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
It's a fat soluble vitamin as opposed to water soluble, which stores in the body's fat cells. It can be very dangerous in that high a dose especially taken repeatedly!

DM

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the information. I can't believe they sell this if its so not good for you! Confused
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I did take Herpanacine for a while and I liked it very much. My skin was clear and well toned and I felt great. I only stopped taking it in order to try other supplements but there are many times that I do want to go back to this supplement.

It doesn't exactly say what type of Vitamin A is used. If it is in the form of Beta Carotene then the amount provided is not really all that much. I have been taking 25,000 units of Beta Carotene, daily, for the past ten years and have not had any side effects from it at all.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I wondered looking at the ingredients, what concerned me was it lists the IU as Vitamin A? There are a number of forms of Beta Carotene and I know a manager of a Whole Foods and they are very particular about what they carry!

DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Beta Carotene is usually listed as international units and 25,000 iu is the standard dose. The important point to remember is that while excessive intake of Vitamin A is toxic, excessive Beta Carotene is stored in the liver and converted to Vitamin A as the body needs it without any toxicity whatsoever.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
This is one of my all time favourite supplements, and I have taken it for at least 2 years and continue to, as its a great blend of both Vit A, E and selenium, but there are also herbs in it (which are a great selection for the skin - probably listed proprietary blend).

I have also got some clients who have taken it, and some who were using Imedeen, and they all stopped with the Imedeen but continued with this one.

I found that taking 6 a day was a bit much for me, and personally don't really take anymore than 4 a day (two in the morning with breakfast and two with lunch), and I really don't have any problems with this. Sometimes when I have taken a good multi, I can feel a little queasy afterwards (which I always use as a guide when its not right for me). I never have that with this stuff!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |