Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Beauty Tools that can be taken on the plane
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
alice54

Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone, I am planning a plane trip soon and I would like to take some beauty tolls with me. But I don't know if beauty tools are cleared to take on a plane. I have Nu Face, Tua Viso, Lightstim, Fyola, and a Galvanic handheld unit. I won't be taking all of them, but I would like some info about what is cleared to take and what is not. It has been several years since I have traveled and many changes have taken place since then.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I took my Nuface last March in my carry-on. And a curling iron - they inspected my bag but it was okay! You can check the airlines web site for directions on what is acceptable also.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
You should be fine with any of those. The issues with carry on is really just the liquids/creams.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:42 am      Reply with quote
watch for the nail scissors too
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
After this last attempted attack in Detroit (I have to fly out of DTW tomorrow on the same airline)...things might change. I'm waiting to hear what they'll do or come up with in terms of new security measures. I was on holiday the last time this happened as well (with the London attempts).

Hmm...maybe they should consider banning passengers. Passengers always seem to be the root of these problems ;o)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:33 am      Reply with quote
I've heard handbag hand mirrors are out too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
No knitting needles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
This is for flying with in and out of the US.

As of today,no changes based on recent events.
http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/dec25_guidance.shtm

Prohibited items:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm

For carry on liquids:
http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I've heard handbag hand mirrors are out too.

I always have small mirrors with me and its never been an issue.

sister sweets wrote:
No knitting needles.

I have seen ladies with knitting needles several times.

I think alot of this can vary based on the TSA inspecting your stuff also.
TTD
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
^ agree it depends on how they inspect. I got away with a 200+ml tube due to this. They saw it in the x ray, flagged it up and opened my bag. They went straight for my bathroom bag whilst I took back my handbag. The big tube was in my handbag heehee!! Also I noticed the seal bags for liquids they were providing in Germany were bigger than I've seen elsewhere.
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have really pointy tweezerman tweezers and that was surprising okay for my carry on! NO eyebrow groomers with the blades, NO tiny eyebrow scissors even though the point is rounded!!! I keep forgetting the scissors one and had to throw away a few already at the security check point.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |