Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
finally a way to get rid of cellulite
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:08 am      Reply with quote
It's the fat flush diet by Ann Gittleman.
She says that drinking cranberry water everyday along with other drinks/food you clean your lymp system.In the messageboards of her site people swear it works miracles for their cellulite and some have pictures proving that.Many celebs have followed her method.

It is somehow difficult to follow the diet and expensive..
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I read this book years ago, I found the plan too restrictive for me to follow. No point in following a plan that you cant turn into a lifestyle.

I will say that the cran-water does help with sugar cravings and I still use it from time to time.

IME You dont need to follow her plan to reduce cellulite. Some people have great luck with eating a clean diet and exercise but you do need to be strict with it.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
The lymph system does a perfectly good job without ingesting anything other than good food. Cranberry juice is good to drink anyway. So if you continue to eat and drink nutritiously,you'll be just fine.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder about unsweetened cranberry juice for sugar cravings. I remember Jillian Michaels recommending that and I've just gone off sugar today for the New Year. That alone will probably do much more for my skin than all of my skin products. This week will be a bitch as I have withdrawal symptoms! Shock
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
What is this un sweetened cranberry juice you guys speak of? I wonder if I can get it in Australia... I need all the help I can get to reduce sugar craving.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
What is this un sweetened cranberry juice you guys speak of? I wonder if I can get it in Australia... I need all the help I can get to reduce sugar craving.

Pal, cranberry juice is avail in the supermarket here...but most of it is heavily sweetened. I assume the posters must be talking about the unsweetened type???

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:20 am      Reply with quote
IN my opinion the best things for cellulite are dry skin brushing and regular saunas if you can manage it. If you can't manage the sauna, tak a very hot bath twice a week with epsom salts after dry skin brushing. Combine these with a healthy diet that works for you and it's a winner. Super cheap too. A body brush only costs around $10-20. I have a portable infrared sauna I bought on Ebay for around $300AU and use it twice a week. I found that my skin which was already smooth from dry skin brushing became even softer and smoother, like satin. However even without the sauna or epsom salts baths, dry skin brushing alone will really help clean out the lymph system.

If you have really bad cellulite you could also take herbal teas that support the lymph system such as yellow dock and burdock, and investigate reflexology to stimulate the lymph system. Reflexology can be done on the hands as well as the feet which means you can sneak in a treatment any time you have a spare couple of minutes.

Also unsweetened cranberry juice is hard to find in Australia which makes the gittleman plan difficult for us to follow.

Sugar cravings - Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar which will help with cravings. A quarter teaspoon taken once or twice daily will do it. The mineral chromium is known to help reduce sugar cravings. The richest food source of chromium is brewers yeast. Many people swear on eating a small amount of protein with each meal to regulate blood sugar and get rid of cravings. Almonds are an excellent source of vegetarian protein and make a great snack. Their fat content keeps you full for ages also. Sometimes people dieting and avoiding fat will get sugar cravings.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
pal wrote:

Its kind of hard to find, usually you will find it a health food store, I cant find it in the regular grocery store.

When I make the cran-water I use this concentrate:
http://www.vitacost.com/Dynamic-Health-100-Pure-Cranberry-Juice-Concentrate-16-fl-oz
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
i think the best thing for cardio is exercise and massage-circulation things to the cellulite area. i had some bad cellulite in sept and it quickly reduced aftr doing these things.
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:

Sugar cravings - Cinnamon helps regulate blood sugar which will help with cravings. A quarter teaspoon taken once or twice daily will do it. The mineral chromium is known to help reduce sugar cravings. The richest food source of chromium is brewers yeast. Many people swear on eating a small amount of protein with each meal to regulate blood sugar and get rid of cravings. Almonds are an excellent source of vegetarian protein and make a great snack. Their fat content keeps you full for ages also.

Been there, done that, none of it worked. My stomach could be bursting with food but my mouth wants sweets. I just go cold turkey for a month and that seems to break the back of the habit and I can have a sweet now and again. I've just started doing that a few days ago because I'm kicking up my exercise a bit and sugar will make me too tired. I do eat one ounce of 72% dark cbocolate in the afternoon and that satisfies me. I just don't like dark chocolate that much so I won't eat a huge amount. It happens to be very good for you anyway.

It's when I start having something everyday that the * spam alert * kicks in full time. My aunt is an alcoholic and she can go cold turkey and have the occasional cocktail once in a while. But if she starts having one drink a day, it becomes two a day, etc.
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I like clean alternatives to sugary foods when I remember: apples, hummous, egg whites (protein), berries and tea.

It is soooo hard during Christmas though huh.

In Canada, unsweetened cranberry juice is made by a company called Bremners and you can even find it in a drugstore. It's a little pricey though, $8 to $12 but less than the L tetra pack of coconut water for $9. I haven't found organic cranberry concentrate (which is the juice - you dilute it yourself on the plan). You can actually make your own cran juice as well.

I would recommend the book. It's got some good solid advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:55 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
pal wrote:

Its kind of hard to find, usually you will find it a health food store, I cant find it in the regular grocery store.

When I make the cran-water I use this concentrate:
http://www.vitacost.com/Dynamic-Health-100-Pure-Cranberry-Juice-Concentrate-16-fl-oz

Cool! Thanks Girliegirl Im definitely looking into this, I just need some help to get me started. Very Happy
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Does that fat flush plan make you eliminate sugar and processed foods and restrict calories?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
What is the percent water to cranberry juice.

And thanks for the suggested link to the unsweetened - much cheaper on these sites than in the grocery, even in the US.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:33 am      Reply with quote
The best way to fight cellulite though is through exercise along the lines of walking, jogging and swimming or anaerobic muscle workout which should focus on your thighs, hips as well as the buttocks.
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
Does that fat flush plan make you eliminate sugar and processed foods and restrict calories?

yes ..but people swear it works..the first 2week phase(it is for detox -> helps with reducing cellulite) is very strict but after that you add some food to your diet again..
People that don't want to lose weight but improve their cellulite need to do only the first detox phase and drink cran water.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What is the percent water to cranberry juice.

And thanks for the suggested link to the unsweetened - much cheaper on these sites than in the grocery, even in the US.

The concentrate is a much better deal.
Use 3 table spoons per 64 oz of water.
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Okay, so I am a serious sugar addict- aside from the sugar, however, I alot of veggies, fruit, and overall a healthy diet. Rarely eat pastries anymore due to wheat sensitivity. I also exercise ALOT. I walk an average of 10 miles/day 6 days a week.
BUT I HAVE developed cellulite in the past couple years on the backs of my thighs. UGH! I have been extremely active for years and until recently ate no meat except fish (10 years +). I have tried dry brushing, but i'm a full time law student and rarely have time for dry brushing these days. I also tried really harsh "massage" (read some experience on this board) and ended up with spider veins after the bruises disappeared! Not good.
So, now what? Anybody tried the infrared sauna? COnsidering it, but don't have $ to waste.
I'm 39, I know cellulite is the norm, even for thin people. And I understand it's more a function of degradation of the skin, as it loses elasticity, the fat layer more easily pokes through. Being female, and a mammal, I can't be 100% fat free without dropping dead, but I am not ready to concede defeat!!
SO, what works??!!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
herama wrote:
Okay, so I am a serious sugar addict- aside from the sugar, however, I alot of veggies, fruit, and overall a healthy diet. Rarely eat pastries anymore due to wheat sensitivity. I also exercise ALOT. I walk an average of 10 miles/day 6 days a week.
BUT I HAVE developed cellulite in the past couple years on the backs of my thighs. UGH! I have been extremely active for years and until recently ate no meat except fish (10 years +). I have tried dry brushing, but i'm a full time law student and rarely have time for dry brushing these days. I also tried really harsh "massage" (read some experience on this board) and ended up with spider veins after the bruises disappeared! Not good.
So, now what? Anybody tried the infrared sauna? COnsidering it, but don't have $ to waste.
I'm 39, I know cellulite is the norm, even for thin people. And I understand it's more a function of degradation of the skin, as it loses elasticity, the fat layer more easily pokes through. Being female, and a mammal, I can't be 100% fat free without dropping dead, but I am not ready to concede defeat!!
SO, what works??!!

Hi herama! I know your pain. I too am very thin and have been plagued by cellulite for about a decade now. I think a combination of things has helped me, although my problem is being consistent with all of it. Rolling Eyes I've ranked them based on how well they work for me:

1. Rubber Glass - This is a small rubbery suction cup that's used specifically for improving cellulite. I bought mine years ago and actually find that these help the most of everything I've tried, but again consistency is key. You have to use a lot of oil on your skin and then you press these to it and squeeze slightly to create suction. Then you slide it upwards towards the heart (straight lines, circles, etc.). You just have to be careful to start with only a small amount of pressure and work your way up, otherwise you will bruise. This essentially works the same way as some of the more expensive salon treatments do. Here is the link where I purchased mine:

http://www.selfmassager.com/

2. IR Sauna - I have one and don't use it as often as I should, but I do notice it helps quite a bit when I use it regularly. My only problem is that I'm very prone to broken caps/facial redness so this is one of the reasons I've backed away a bit.

3. Rebounding - This is by far the absolute best exercise you can do for cellulite. If you have a rebounder (small trampoline), use it at least 10 minutes each day, the more times you can the better. You don't even have to jump for it to be effective, just slightly bounce where your feet don't even lift off the rebounder. Feel free to jump if you want though! The reason this exercise is the best for cellulite is because it directly activates the lymph system. Your lymph system cannot "flush" on it's own, it requires your calf/ankle/foot to "pump" it.

4. Dry brushing - This has already been mentioned so I won't go into it further. Do it before your daily shower or bath. Twice a day is best.

Other than that, you're doing about everything you can with diet and exercise. Just make sure you drink plenty of water to flush your system well while you're target cellulite. Good luck!
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:09 am      Reply with quote
ooooh ... dry brushing for me. I use a manual plastic-rubber roller instead as it doesn't hurt my skin in any way. My skin will flush and even become slightly itchy after use which means it's working to kick-start my sluggish system Very Happy

oh, and no excuse as to no time for brushing *tsk tsk*. I'm doing it right now as I surf the net...lol.
herama
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
Have you actually seen a difference with the brushing? AND, what do you mean by a dry rubber roller?? I have this odd roller thing I bought for 99 cents at a Japanese "stuff" store. It has little studs/teeth on it, not sharp, that believe is for massage/cellulite (it's with all the neck massagers, etc. at the store). That's what I used for the overly-aggressive massage on the back of my legs that has left me with
spider veins Sad
But mostly- have you REALLY noticed a difference??!!
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that's the one! So far so good. I'm prone to spider veins but have not noticed any caused by the roller. Maybe you used too much pressure?

It has to be coupled with a healthy diet and enough water to flush out the toxins that has been budged by the massage. Otherwise, it'll just start building up again.
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I do a lot of walking and I exfoliate my skin regularly. What really improved my skin was to stop eating sugar every day. it really works!
Anyone can advice a good anti-cellulite cream or gel please? I was using Q10 plus firming cream from Nivea which firmed a bit my skin but I want something stronger.

xxx Smile
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:00 am      Reply with quote
thank you guys for this topic. It's my first time to know this. I gonna try it.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
This technique sounds promising. I've had cupping done to my back while I was getting Acupuncture.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |